Fortune86

Fell Haven 2 ~ OOC

I think what Walker is trying to say is that OOC threads are for OOC discussion regarding the RP plot and the involved characters, like talking about their history or how they might react in a certain situation before it happens or to keep the knowledge 'serperate' from player characters.

If you want to do this as your characters, then that is fine.

What OOC is not for is random conversations between characters. You could do that in the RP o3o

Don't forget DC has a chat thread if you get bored.

Welcome back, Fortune!

I've been wondering could we have an ooc thread in the freeform section? With all respect to our honorable, hardworking moderators, I think it would be great if we had a thread were we could discuss our RP without worrying how much of what we say is on topic, so the freeform section would be a good choice.

Because honestly we can NOT have random conversations between our charries in the midst of the RP. If for example I'd post a conversation between Moira and JT while she is alone with Melody that would destroy the coherence of the RP. Never mind commenting on things that my charries shouldn't have been allowed to know.

Edited by Laura-Lana

I think what Walker is trying to say is that OOC threads are for OOC discussion regarding the RP plot and the involved characters, like talking about their history or how they might react in a certain situation before it happens or to keep the knowledge 'serperate' from player characters.

If you want to do this as your characters, then that is fine.

What OOC is not for is random conversations between characters. You could do that in the RP o3o

Don't forget DC has a chat thread if you get bored.

This, exactly.

And, the same OoC rules apply to freeform that apply here, so it wouldn't make a difference. DC does not allow off topic discussions I'm afraid.

I am. It's been a while since I heard from her and that copied message wasn't encouraging.

@Walker - So if we are off topic with making our posts in the ooc thread and need to label our thread correctly even in the freeform section, where there is no post count, what title would you suggest to keep it all in topic? Would "Fell Haven 2 accompaning thread" work?

The goal is to have a thread where we can make both posts as ourselves to discuss or comment the RP, give information about ourselves or other players that might affect the RP (i.e the language discussion) AND fool around with random comments from our charries (which personally I view as a different way to comment/discuss the RP, but I'd prefer not to argue with you.) In other words we need a thread were we can make any and every post that doesn't belong in the RP itself but is Fell Haven related (and of course doesn't break other forum rules like failing to be respectful etc).

@Ware, could you describe the picture Moonshine is showing Tegan some more? I have only a very vague idea what she is talking about and about whom, but the way you've phrased that post I suppose Tegan would know?

@Silver, I've seen your post and will reply as soon as I've come up with a good or at least workable post. My head is pretty empty this morning. Sorry!

Edited by Laura-Lana

...... So much for it being "Freeform." For a mainly RP forum, I see that anything that is a little bit more of for fun and non-structured isn't very supported... Oh well. But wait a minute, we allow a random post section? That doesn't make sense.

I mean no disrespect, but being one who's mainly about looking at the logic of things that are done... some of this forum makes none... It can irritate me sometimes...

Edited by DragonlordJT

@ Laura: I wasn't suggesting that Tegan and Moonshine suddenly start talking about their mutual love of apple sauce half way through their date. I was just thinking that sometimes mindless babble is something that happens between people and see no reason why it can't happen between our characters too, if the situation allows it.

@ Everyone: I spoke to Ruins last Friday on GPX. They told me they would be able to start RPing again on Monday last, but if they haven't posted yet then I don't know why.

Maybe they just haven't had time? Real life happens.

It's not a new rule guys. "OoC roleplay of characters" has been on the Not Accepted list for a while. If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me, but I can't allow a new thread in freeform just for OoC roleplay of characters.

*starts searching for a solution to the problem*

Well I have an idea... If we all have skype or something we can chat on our own accord. Right? =P Thus, no rules of the forum, we can OoC RP freely for fun and possibly take over the world one person at a time... That way, mods are happy cause we aren't spamming the forum, and we can do as we please for OoC. Just keep the actual RP here obviously =P

Laura!! Please post. And others, start making a plot or you run the risk of me beocoming the master plot. (Aka; mwuhahah)

Dragonlord, it would be great if you set that up. I fear I won't be able to participate though. I've been trying unsucessfully to install Skype on my labtop for years.

Ware, have you elaborated on the picture ?

I don't understand, if you mean the picture of tegan she just wanted a picture of him not looking like a god guy for once.

@Ware, could you describe the picture Moonshine is showing Tegan some more? I have only a very vague idea what she is talking about and about whom, but the way you've phrased that post I suppose Tegan would know?

The picture she showed him in your last post.