little lost dragon

The Great Divide

Vrans nodded and looked at Serina "Right, Emeraldan is just over there, she's with our medic as she's keeping an eye on him. He came out of the sky rather hard into the ground. Lucky he was not shot more then once up there." she said heading in that direction "Hey Emeraldanl, Serina is here, looks like she found her way here looking for you." she said stepping to the side for him to see the other white.

"Nah, didn't see or heard any, while coming here. Although back at the base I have encountered some of those pests." - replied Runara. Listening to Dharsii, she chuckled: "Heh. Already figured that out, when I accidentally threw one of them at the wave of steam back there."

Then she waited until she was done with Twilight and another dragon, and once she was done, the electric dragoness said: "Alright then: I am ready to go."

"Emeraldan!!" Serina shouted with excitedment, she ran towards him fast, "Serina!!" Emeraldan shouted back and noticed how fast she was going, and knew she couldn't stop in time. "Uh-oh...uumph!" Emeraldan breathed as she tackled him, he was still injured but a tackle wouldn't do anything serious. "Wow, I was so worried! I'm glad your ok!" Emeraldan looked at how she had him pinned to the ground. "I'm okay, and I missed you very much Serina, I was afraid I wouldn't see you, but these kind dragons helped fix me up, especially Dharsii and Vrans right here." He said gesturing to the right dragons. "Remind you anything of how we first met?" Emeraldan said with a chuckle. Serina looked up and thought. "Oh yeah... I was mad at Talaren for something and was chasing him, I lost track of him, saw you a moment later and mistaking you for Talaren, tackled you" she said the last part with a laugh herself. "Here let me get off you, sorry about that" She said while she let Emeraldan get up. "It's okay, I'm just glad to see you." "You must love tackling people today" Emeraldan said jokingly. "Serina laughed hard, "Sure, Emeraldan let's me tackle him, but I can always kick your butt." She said poking her tongue out a little. "Because you always catch me off guard..." he tried to respond, but kept his words quiet out of embarrassment. Serina smiled at how easily she could embarass him, then walked over to Dharsii and the others. "Dharsii, is it? I'm Serina, it's nice to meet you, I want to thank you so much for helping Emeraldan, and Vrans, I want to thank you for helping him, and letting me know he was ok, I was very worried about him."

Dharsii nodded to Emeraldan, glad that he was doing okay. "I'll return as soon as I can-" She was cut off by Serina's arrival and tackling of Emeraldan. She wasa little flustered at her tackling him while he was wounded but she kept her composure and did not let it bother her too much, dragons are hardy creatures, though a slight flush of pink did show on her face for a moment. Both at the infringement on the wounded and in a slight bit of jealousy at the couple.

She regained her composure and bowed graciously to the new arrival , partially to hide the fading flush of color, as Serina introduced herself. "Yes I am Dharsii and it is a pleasure to meet you as well. And I would never have left a dragon in his state without proper care. I am a medical dragon after all." She bowed out apologetically and backed up. "I'm sorry, I'll have to take my leave momentarily. I have to show a patient to the hot springs as part of a check--up. I'll be back."

She then turned to Runara. "Follow me then please. The springs are just up this way." she said as she headed up the path leading up and slightly around a corner of the mountain. As she walked, the air became slightly warmer and steam began drifting down from where the springs were located. Once the springs came into view she stopped and looked back to Runara.

"Well here they are. Take your pick of whichever you like." she said in a friendly tone. The springs were clustered fairly close together and most were large enough to comfortably fit several adult dragons, though they came in many sizes and depths.

~

Twilight continued his flight until he traced Vita's scent to the leader. Passing overhead, he let out a roar of greeting before circling a little lower and waiting for Vita's permission to speak.

Vita looked up at the signel roar and spotted Twilight descending down. He waited then noticed he was waiting for something "You know you can talk with out asking for permission. I'm not that strict." he said sitting down looking content "Whats on the mind?" he asked

Vrans watched the 2 get back together and nodded when she was thanked "We help other dragons, its been something we've always done." she said before starting to head away. Deep down seeing the 2 show affection like that made her feel.... empty. Kadaen had shown such to her before the betrayel. Who the heck would not force or try to force things onto her and like for her? Not the scales not the body the personality.

Serina was on Emeraldan like white on rice, and while they were catching up Talern noticed that something seemed to be bothering Vrans, like she was thinking hard about something. "Vrans...are you alright? And what exactly did happen in the woods?" Talaren said, reducing his voice to a whisper.

Vrans looked up at the first question but dismissed it for the second one. "Found a anomily in the clans territory. Another one of the humans work." she said. There was some truth to that as the child was not exactly normal and it was the work of the humans that got the child to where he was in the first place. "I'll show you so you know." she said briskly still not entirely ok with sharing sensitive things with this other dragon. Yes he seemed to be alright so far, so did the other one. She started to head off from the camp.

"Ok sure, lead the way." Talaren said following Vrans

~~

Josh had finally gotten his cave sorted out, by now he had killed a few bugs that wandered by and was going to use the sharp blades attached to cut food and use the oil for light, but Josh figured he couldn't use the butt of the rifle forever, it wasn't meant for that type of use although it fit the role beautifully. He decided to take the scope off the rifle and use it to see if anything was coming in his direction from a distance, so he began to use it to look for any sticks he could use as clubs for the bugs, while staying at the security of his cave.

Vrans paused after a distance away from the camp before turning around to face him "What your about to see is something I will personally slit your throat if this gets out to the clan." she said very quietly "We've found a human child that has not become indoctornated yet. His father shot me from a ways off." she explained "And in answer to your other question.... no not really. Ever had a empty feeling? Not hunger but empty." she asked not giving away how she felt but still answering it. She decided he deserved that at least.

Talaren was surprised about the human but seeing as she was taking him there now questions could wait. "Yes, I've felt empty before, but the one thing that always helps is hope, if someone important to you goes missing, hope they will be alright, if someone betrayed your trust, hope someone comes along that won't. If you feel something is wrong talk to me if you want to, I'll never breath a word." Talaren hoped his words would cheer up and finally realized what she fully said before that. "And about the human, his father shot you? where are the two of them now?" Talaren was trying to balance feelings of concern and surprise at the same time, he never likes seeing someone sad and the fact that there was a human that shot her surprised and worried him.

Vrans shook her head "That new white type patched the shot wound up. The father i sent back to his people and hid the boy away. He had yet to fall into what the humans taught there young about us." she explained "I was not about to let the risk happening. Not that it would have gone well anyway humans that return after not killing or not dieing to us are killed by there own kind." she said then looked at him "And its not empty of hope or the feeling of someone being hurt, its......... how to word it..... it started when I saw your brother and his mate catching up and close." she said suddenly quickly before heading off again "The human is over here, the human boy."

"Are you lonely...if so you aren't the only one" Talaren said then thought for a moment, he's never had a ton of friends although he was generally liked, and he's never had a mate, never really fallen in love. "Let's see this human then."

Vrans paused and looked at Talaren for a moment before continuing to the human child. She said nothing else on the trip and was very quiet as she went. Though had to paused to swipe some robotic bugs out of the way "Before you know it they'll be poisoning our last clean water source." she muttered as she swiped them out of her path. Quickly plucking a scale that got poked she then moved on. Soon she saw the small lump in the ground that was the boy's home now. She looked at Talaren "Here we are, can you see him?" she asked quietly.

Talaren followed Vrans through the woods, destroying bugs with increasingly creative methods. He then thought about why Vrans might be so quiet, "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry." He said looking around the rest of the way, when they finally reached the cave Talaren lowered his neck and was able to get a glimpse of Josh's legs. "I can see his legs" Talaren whispered. Josh woke up from his brief nap to Talaren's voice. He gently poked his head out of the cave. "Hello, is everything okay? Josh said looking to Vrans, then turned to Talaren, "Who are you?"

Vrans stayed quiet on the subject that Talaren thought he might have been prying in. Instead she looked to see Josh slowly poke his head above the cover. She nodded "Where alright, Talaren here is all about friends with humans. I thought you 2 may like to meet each other." she explained "He's from another clan that has yet to be bitten by your kinds acts." she said.

"Alrighty then!" - nodded Runara with a smile. - "I'll try my best to not electrify the springs." - and she approached the hot water. She touched it with her paw, adjusting herself to the temperature. Soon enough she was in the waters, and at the same time she was blocking the sparks on her tail.

After a short bit of time she got out of the spring. "Now please, do not approach me up close. Well... you can see why." - she said. And she was right: due to her finally being out of the water and letting the energy flow, sparks of electricity were running through her body. - "I think that more experienced dragons of my kind can totally block energy for a very long time. I am not that strong to block the energy THAT long."

"I'm Talaren, what is your name?" Josh smiled, by the sound of it he was more inclined towards peace than the others, Josh fully exited his cave and stood in front of Talaren. "I'm Josh, it's nice to meet you" "You as well" Talaren said sitting down. "So do you believe peace is really possible?" Josh asked "I believe we'll have to work for it but yes, I believe peace is possible." Talaren said. "Let's get to work, I have an idea!" "Whoa, settle down, peace won't happen in an afternoon." Talaren responded with a surprised look. By the time he finished Josh retrieved a few things from his cave, one was his rifle, but carefully displayed the butt to them, showing evidence that it had smashed several bugs. Josh also held miscellaneous pieces of destroyed bugs. Then he raised a barely funcioning bug, barely moving and could barely pose a threat to even hatchlings. "I destroyed a bunch of these and noticed something" Josh said pointing to the bug in his hand. "First off, they aren't aggressive to humans" sticking his finger right in front of it. Which means that I could be destroying a ton of them and they'd still only go after dragons. Josh saw the surprised look on both of their faces. "You've been busy..." Talaren then thought about what they could do with that, "Nice work, I don't know how you figured that out but this is brilliant, the clan would be safer if we knew where they were." "Thank you, would you like to see it better?" Josh said to Talaren as he broke off any parts that could harm dragons in any way. "Sure" Talaren said as he made sure it couldn't hurt him, he stretched out a paw and Josh layed it there. "Interesting..." "One more thing..." Josh began "When I wasn't careful I poked myself on one of those bugs even though they weren't aggressive to me. But more importantly...It didn't poison or hurt me in any way, other than what you'd get poking your finger on something sharp. I think they'd have a cure already at a lab, if I could retrieve some of it perhaps you wouldn't need to worry about the bugs so much." Talaren shook his head in surprise, "while that's wonderful news...how old are you?" "Ten years old" "You sound very smart for a human that young, so you think all of that is really possible?" "Thank you, and it should be possible to make dragons immune to the bugs. I believe the first step to peace is an act of faith." Josh said proudly. "This sounds great, Vrans...what do you think about this?"

Edited by Orion97

Vrans watched the 2 converse not showing any sign of suprize or anything of the sort as it made sense that the bugs would not go after humans. She listened though looked like she was fighting her own battles in the mind. Like not killing the human. Habits when there developed are sometimes very hard to break and this was one of them. But she kept her self still. She looked at Josh when he asked what she thought "Its a good idea, however I know a dragon that lost her human friends and the humans family when they tried something similar. If your caught they will kill you and your family." she said standing up "So unless you know how to get in and get out with out a single mistake I would not advise it. However providing a cure I think would secure your safety that is for sure." she explained.

((New char

Username: LLD

Name: Tashrin

Type of Dragon: Black

Job: Gamma

Appearance: Like a normal one but his eye's are more yellow then green and he's very lean.

History: Born and raised in the clan, lost both his parents to humans.

Mate: None so far

Other:

))

Josh responded confidently. "I know that they'd be in a lab my family lives near. Often the guards are asleep. If I'm careful I could grab a the keys off them and get inside. I got a glance in there once when they left the door open to move some things. Theres countless boxes and vials inside, I'm pretty sure it's like a warehouse for the lab or something. When they left the door open I did also notice that each box was marked by what it had in it, but that's as much as I could see before they closed the door. By the looks of it they had countless different cures and remedys for various dieseases and poisons. I would be able to easily sneak out a box of cure for you and they'd never find out." "That's still a big risk." Talaren said. "I know but it could help dragons greatly, humans have a saying...Who dares, wins. Not many make it very far without taking any risks." "If you believe you can do it I won't stop you but don't get hurt or found out, if you get found out you and your family could get hurt, dragons could get hurt and would surely doom hopes for peace." Josh swallowed hard. "I understand, and I won't let anyone down."

Vrans looked at them. This was all too convenient. SOmething was bound to go wrong and cost them because due to the kid being only 10. "While your saying may have a element of truth, sometimes the risk can end up with no more risks happening." she said then shook her head "Your parents will already be worried, and I highly doubt you'd be able to just pop in and grab some keys. If your parents have any non altered methods normal parents would keep the kid they lost near by and keep a close eye on them." she explained "But if you want to try I'm not going to stop you." she said.

However a new figure had started to hear talking and came closer and then could over hear the talk. His yellow ish eye's narrowed as he listened. Sounded like 2 dragons that one of which he knew from the clan... another one he did not reconize the sound of the voice. Keeping low and in the shadows he listened in a ways off.

Josh looked at his feet. "I'm not going to go see my parents, I can't, I'll head strait to the lab, if I'm lucky I'll be back soon. If I'm not...it was nice meeting you." Josh grabbed his rifle and kept it pointed at the ground. "What do you need that for?" Talaren pointed out. "Wolves, bears, to you they might not be too scary but they could tear me apart." Talaren nodded in agreement. "I'll be right back, goodbye." With that Josh left them and headed to the edge of the woods and near human land. When Josh found an opening where no one was looking he emerged onto the roads, leaving the rifle at the edge of the woods. From there he walked to the lab, it was dark and there was one guard by the entrance. Carefully Josh plucked the keys from his waist. He used it to get into the lab or as someone might call it the lab's warehouse. Josh looked around for half an hour for a box that matched what he was looking for. It was a solid metal box with the writing "500 vials of dragon-spite cure. HANDLE WITH CARE". Josh opened the box to confirm its contents, there were many vials and each one was surrounded by others with foam and padding in between them. Smiling, Josh picked up the crate. "This thing is heavy..." he whispered as he lugged it to the door, he reopened it and moved outside. He closed the door slowly, locked it and put the keys on the guard's waist. As he was about to move the box again the guard snapped awake. Reflexively Josh pushed it in front of the guard box with his foot, out of sight of the guard. "What the devil do you think you're doing boy?" "I wanted to know what you were protecting, and maybe I could do a job like you one day." Josh said with a sweet but lying smile. "Beat it kid, you can't be around here". Josh gave him a nasty look and walked away, having to leave the box hidden in its spot. Josh ran to the side of the building away from the guard. Then came up with a distraction, he picked up a rock and threw it against the side of the metal wall hard, sure enough the guard came around to investigate, leaving his post. Josh ran around the rest of the building and ran to the now empty guard post. He grabbed the box and ran strait to the woods, he made it just as the guard sat back at his post. All the guard saw was some scared kid running away, he didn't see the box in front of Josh. "Stupid kids these days..." he muttered to himself as he drifted back to sleep. Josh eventually reached the woods. Then a large black dragon ran and landed right in front of him. Josh was frozen with a big box of the cure in his hands.

Edited by Orion97

Tashrin heard the boy get up and leave after some more talking. He quietly stalked the kid through the forest hardly making a sound keeping his head and body low to keep the yellow belly scales hidden. He watched the boy leave the territory and into human territory. He stayed in the bushes and tree's and kept watch. It was quite a while but the boy was soon seen carrying a human box. And in quite a hurry. So Vrans and the new ones that came to the clan where going to poison the clan. He waited from his pertch in the tree as he had climbed it to get a better view. Before suddenly jumping in front of the boy with a snarl. "Where do you think your going boy?" he hissed before roughly grabbing the box in one paw from the child "Trying to poison the clan? With Vrans and that other one? Guess the humans are trying to use little children to kill us now." he said in a snarl like manner but quiet as well.

Josh's eyes were wide as plates. "Please be careful! and it's not poison, it's a cure. Not all humans want war." Josh then thought about how he mentioned Vrans and the others. "Vrans would never hurt the others, why would she want to?" Josh settled down more. "In that box are 500 vials of cure, the bugs that sting you, I can't get rid of the bugs but I managed to get this, so when you or another dragon gets stung you don't have to worry because it won't be lethal if you had taken the cure." Josh stood patiently hoping that the angry dragon didn't damage the box's contents.

Tashrin looked at the box then back at Josh "I mention the poison he right away mentions a cure. Interesting, so now we have a human, traitor in the clan and a plan to get the poison into the clan." he said to him self sourly tempted to destory the box right then and then suddenly his head snapped to the boy teeth inches from the humans head "Perhaps though I'll turn this operation on its head. I won't destroy this box yet, but I will find the master mind of this and maybe then you'll be allowed to leave safely as you will be murdered by your own kind then." he said before getting up and starting to walk off on 3 paws, the other holding the box.

Josh was on the verge of panic. "Vrans is not a traitor, nobody wants to hurt the clan, I had the idea to get the box, and what if I'm telling the truth? that means you might have prevented a cure from helping others. If it turns out to be a poison, kill me."