Dr. Paine

Shattered Magic OOC

xd.png Yay, boulders! ... I'm calling it Tom. AND I SHALL SHIP HIM AND LUCIFER. Just try and stop me.

Oh, and for the record- Flare is an in-progress character of mine, and listed though he probably won't appear for a little while. I'm also going completely mad and possibly whipping up a third. These wolves are like Lay's, man D:

D8 OH GOD. THE STONINESS

Wait, shipping Tom and Lucifer or Talcore and Lucifer? >>;

I know right? xd.png That's what happened to me in HtM. You just get all these ideas and HAVE to do them! I'll see if I can restrain myself for now... I wanna get more comfortable with Luce first, but seeing as she's not a very, ah, active wolf (unless something really awesomesauce/scaryascrap happens to her, but i highly doubt that'll ever happen xd.png), I'll like create a hyper active something or other down the line. ^^

Shipping Tom and Lucifer tongue.gif

And nice xd.png I kind of like Lucifer though, she seems fun smile.gif I'm certain there'll be some way for her to have more work done, but... eh xd.png If not, excuses for more wolves! biggrin.gif

Also. This is actually rp related |D

The hunt will set out once we get a few more characters. If needed, I can fill in with NPCs, but I'd prefer it being a mostly active character group.

They will start out on the plains, a bit southwest of the camp, and go after horses as well as anything else they can grab. But horses are the big prize for this trip. I may also be working on a small map, that gives the major landmarks/pack migration route, but no promises there.

Storm will hit when I feel like it. That's all the warning you'll get for it.

Also, people are free to advertise this, if they so desire.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Oh dear xd.png

Heh, we'll see how well Luce does in a giant group setting xd.png She doesn't normally hunt or work hand in- er, paw-in-paw with other wolves. She's a scout that does her own thing |D

Sweet. Storm. :B

Hey, do you think you could save a spot for me? I want to join this RP, but I have exams at the moment, so I probably won't be able to get around to making a character form. X_X

Sure smile.gif This thing isn't filling up that fast, so there should be no problem with a delay in making a sheet ^^

lol lays....hahaha! love it. But that is sooo true! I have been in a total of 5 wolf RP's and you just can't stop making the characters!

Will have an Alpha in here pretty soon smile.gif

Alright, the South Pack has an alpha...

And after some consultation with Haze, we've come to a consensus-

Shattered Magic is now officially a sequel to Howl to Me. They take place on the same world, with SM's setting being on the other side of the Blessed Lands' mountain range. Howl to Me wolves can be lifted directly to SM now, though they must start out as loners. I'm sure Haze would prefer to explain what would've happened in HtM. I'll end this on saying that this takes place two years after HtM, so make sure you keep that in mind if you are transferring a character.

Also, just a small reminder. On the whole, the packs do get along well. I wanted to make sure to avoid starting out with some wild rivalry, so just make sure to keep things in check wink.gif

Edited by Dr. Paine

Hmm...so...if it's a sequel to HtM...do you think you could work the story of the battle we were about to have in there somewhere? I dunno, I can't think of anything, and you don't have to.

Also, if the packs do get along well...does that mean we could start creating havoc in our own packs? >:3

Hmm...so...if it's a sequel to HtM...do you think you could work the story of the battle we were about to have in there somewhere? I dunno, I can't think of anything, and you don't have to.

Also, if the packs do get along well...does that mean we could start creating havoc in our own packs? >:3

Haze actually told me all about how it was supposed to have ended, and I'm not giving away anything she hasn't made public on her own xd.png Suffice it to say that living characters could easily (well... relatively speaking) migrate to SM's setting smile.gif

And... yes, if you really want xd.png There'll be havoc enough soon, but a little more drama in the meantime won't hurt too much. tongue.gif

Oh gosh, Quince reminds me of Zeus |D /pets Zeus

And I'll have the HtM explanation up and running sometime soon. happy.gif

Yes, he was the Alpha of the Blessed in HtM and had lightning powers. He was rather jolly and good-natured too x)

Edit: I SEE YOU CRYPTIC /flop

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

HAZEH! i shall join you in the South Pack! and i know, i've been lingering and attempting to finish my character sheet XP

i'm thinking of bringing over Anubis cuz i loves him sooo much! but then I really wanna bring Pax too! and Tanis is demanding to know what became of her and Talcore xd.png they're all demanding spots and I DON'T KNOW WHO TO CHOOSE!

or should i make a new wolfie? i don't know!

lol sorry Paine, I assumed incorrectly based on Char's first post that that was changing a bit.

I editted.

xd.png Oh dear. I had to make a stretch with my edit. I hope she doesn't sound too censorkip.gif*y, ahahaha x)

Anyways, I'm typing up the HtM Ending: Storymode. c:<

Hahaha. I suppose I should tell everyone about the HtM ending then xd.png

/puts on glasses

Storymode! :I *huff*

THE ENDING:

As the battle waged between the packs, tearing apart forest, grassland, and river banks, wolves savagely ripped into each other, spilling blood across the broken land. Araelia had never seen such warfare, not even in the first battle that had separated the packs from the very beginning. The pain and darkness swelled like its own beast, consuming hearts and minds and pitting brothers against sisters and fathers against mothers. The Life Crystal began to absorb the negative energy from the hatred that passed between its dying protectors, quickly turning its magical surface into cold, dead rock. As the magic died, the lands, even on the blessed side, began to slowly lose its color and life.

The moon hung above the bloody battle grounds for what seemed like ages. No matter how long the wolves fought, even for the equivalent of days, the moon did not stray from its position above them. Day never came, and night enveloped the dying Araelia just like the darkness in the wolves' hearts. It was only when the last few of the wolves [personal characters] faced off against each other did they realize something had happened.

From the pale, full face of the moon, Mother Nature watched her children. She witnessed the darkness and the bloodshed and the darkening of her precious Crystal. When the last of her children prepared for their last battle, she finally intervened.

Enough!

The word struck Araela like thunder, booming and commanding as it echoed across the skies. Every wolf froze in place against their will, some suspended in air from a jump or falling backwards from an attack. No one moved. The other animals in Araelia were either completely still or dead; there seemed to be no one left but the wolves ready to tear each other to pieces. Slowly, as they watched, the moonlight writhed and shimmered. From the Moon, a ghostly white figure descended down the path of light, increasing in size until it stood hundreds of feet above them, even with its massive paws on the stained soil. Its features were outlined in silver and stars sparkled across its transparent pelt, with two eyes as gold and bright as the sun itself.

My children, it spoke. You have dishonored this sanctuary in which I entrusted you. You dishonored me, your Great Mother, and you have dishonored yourself. I gave you freedom and life, and I was so gracious as to give to you the gift of free will. And see how you have all abused it. Stories and greed have pitted you against your own kin. You have slaughtered, maimed, and murmured your brothers and sisters. How am I to trust any of you with the precious life in which I bestowed upon you? See how you have mistreated it, mistreated me, and give me a good reason to not take it from you all.

Silence remained for a long time. When the Star Wolf opened its maw to speak again, it was interrupted by a voice sounding so insignificant and small against her own.

"You gave us our free will," cried Zeus. "But you gave us our hearts as well. While we may have shed our blood for the wrong reasons in your eyes, it was our hearts that dictated our actions and our souls. We are none to blame for who our hearts make us."

The Star Wolf's eyes flashed, but it was unclear as to if she were angry, impressed, or amused.

You do well to answer me, child, she answered after a moment. But I fear your reason was not good enough. You blame me for your wrong doings?

"Only you are the one to say it is wrong, Great Mother," he called back to her. "We act as we know and as we believe. It was not in the wrong for me to protect my family and the same Crystal in which you told us to protect. If so, I fear greatly what it is you believe is right and wrong."

There was a booming sound again, akin to thunder, that shook the ground. The Star Wolf laughed, My child, you are no more in the right than your cousin who has killed mercilessly for pleasure. You kill, she skills. Your reasons matter naught to me. Life is what I preserve, what I give and what I take. When my children abuse that gift, they have failed me. Zeus grew quiet, either because he had no further statement to give or because the goddess silenced him, there was no clear reason.

Now, Sister, I bid you leave that poor soul alone. You have pained her life well enough for years. The Star Wolf turned and looked down its great muzzle at Dael, who was crouching in the shadow of a dead tree, her eyes nearly the same as the Great Mother's. There was foam at the edges of her mouth and her jaws were parted mid-snarl, but at the Star Wolf's words, Dael's body slowly slumped to the ground.

From the insane she-wolf's body, a black smoke, not unlike Dael's poisonous aura, rose from her body. It twisted and swirled until a dark face emerged, and the golden eyes pierced its skull. My dear sister, how you always manage to ruin my fun. This was not Dael's voice, but a sharp, almost screeching sound that pained the ears of the wolves below like rocks to the sides of their heads. As it rose higher into the sky, increasing in size similar to the Star Wolf standing over the valley, the rest of its body formed until a pitch-black wolf stood before its sister with a dark smile.

The Star Wolf did not look pleased at the appearance of her sister. Time and time again you have tormented my children, she said sternly, staring at the shadow with piercing eyes. From this point forward, I hereby banish you to the Core, whereupon you will not be released until the end of eternity.

The shadow didn't appear particularly bothered by this. You may be the God of Life and Death, but you will never be able to rid your precious world of Misery. I am Chaos, and I will never be shut away like a naughty infant.

Star Wolf gazed back at her black sister without emotion. And yet you underestimate me, Sister. While I may not control your powers, I can control your whereabouts. You will never harm my children with your dark soul again. Like the flicker of a candle flame, the Chaos Wolf vanished, the faint, eerie echo of her howl lingering behind.

The Star Wolf crouched over Dael's body. With a deep inhale from the Great Mother, a silver smoke withdrew from the she-wolf's frame and quickly took the shape and features of the body it stood over. She blinked a moment, gazing around, before realizing what it was she stood over. Child, the Star Wolf said. I have cleansed your soul of your dark poltergeist, but it must now heal before you can handle life again. It gestured towards the ghost with a dip of her great muzzle, and Dael looked down at her spirit body and saw the deep gashed and tears that disfigured the phantom outline. Although she did not speak, Dael looked to the Star Wolf and blinked in resignation. With that, the Star Wolf closed her eyes, and Dael's ghost floated towards her before disappearing into the star-covered pelt.

The Great Mother turned and looked to the other wolves. As she did so, similar ghosts rose from the bodies of dead wolves and looked up to the Star Wolf as she began to speak again. Like your Sister, Dael, many of you suffer with broken souls. It is my duty to mend those spirits and heal them before I can even consider allowing you to be graced with life once more. There are those who will accompany me back to Oblivion, and there are those that I have deemed worthy enough to stay and regain their lives. Under one condition; Those of you who survive will remember nothing, and I will strip you of the magic that you were not born with. Araelia is to be be reborn again, so you will no longer recognize your home land. For those that I take back with me to heal, whenever I feel you are ready, you too will be born again.

Before any of the wolves could voice their objections or opinions, she exhaled a frosty breath across the entire battle field. Many things happened at once; The Star Wolf melted back into the night sky, taking along with her several souls of her broken children. Among these were definitely the souls of Dael, Verin, Yui, Veni, Roshan, Rahlia, Zeus, Dahlia, Fang, Talena, Sarin and Voideshka. The spirits that returned to their bodies and miraculously stirred in the return to life included Talcore, Tanis, Anubis, Kai, Firefly, Shaede, Abbadon, Sarabi, Ronan, Rin, Vincent, Shadow, and Jin. After a few moments, their bodies disappeared as their Great Mother relocated them to safer areas.[Note: All other wolves will have fates decided by their creators. The ones I specified will have to follow this plan, please. Pups have been relocated by Star Wolf's magic in an area where they have the chance to restart life on the better paw.]

Araelia suffered a massive earthquake and several natural disasters shortly following Star Wolf's visit. The river was reshaped into a large lake towards the north, and new mountains and hills moved across the land. Vegetation would grow at some point, but for now Araelia appeared as a massive wasteland, slowly coming back to life.

Note: Surviving wolves were either transported by Star Wolf to the Blessed's great mountain range or into actual SM territory. Souls that were taken with Star Wolf are only allowed to be reincarnated if you so wish to bring those characters back. Again, wolves I didn't name will have their fates decided by their roleplayers. ^^

... and that's how Equestria was made biggrin.gif

But not really tongue.gif The events that transpired at the end of Howl to Me were the catalyst for the return of the Stone in the Shattered Magic lands- the exact why and how is unknown, but... giant god wolf, they kind of mess things up. The power of the Life Crystal may have also had some doing in the oddly fertile years those lands have been having, but it's also rather unknown.

I'd also like to take this time to say that one of Dael's pups has survived, was relocated, and will be making an appearance in the Southern Pack once I'm done with her sheet; and Doug may or may not reappear as a loner/Omega in the Northern Pack.

Edited by Dr. Paine

c: Yup.

Edit:

Pffft, Paine xd.png

Yep. As for the Life Crystal, its healing is parallel to the land's, so as Araelia slowly begins to grow foliage and whatnot, the Crystal will slowly regain its magic.

Perhaps, Paine, that could be a reason for the stone fragments to emerge again? owo

I am in awe, Hazeh. I did not see that coming...

One thing, though. So...Shadow lives on, but doesn't remember what happened...and Fang has been taken to oblivion?

woo, Tanis lived! she doesn't remember, though, right? i only wanna have her come back if you have plans for Talcore, Hazeh, cuz she won't come back without him. she's too stubborn xd.png

on a side note, that was brilliant!! i loved it :] oh, Paine, i'll have my character sheet in soon, it's taking me forever D: *is a slow loser* the female Beta position for Southern pack is still open, right?

c: Yup.

Edit:

Pffft, Paine xd.png

Yep. As for the Life Crystal, its healing is parallel to the land's, so as Araelia slowly begins to grow foliage and whatnot, the Crystal will slowly regain its magic.

Perhaps, Paine, that could be a reason for the stone fragments to emerge again? owo

I could see that smile.gif Just a large resurgence of magic is making them go a little nuts and start working their way up and all.

And just to add some more clarification to the Stone thing:

-It's just a bunch of stones wink.gif The most interesting might look like a particularly pretty pebble, but most are just... kinda plain old gray rocks. Unless you're Jin xd.png

-While a few tiny ones may have appeared here or there over the years, they're tiny. They're not going to be noticed by most, so unless a wolf had reason to suspect the stone/liked collecting rocks, they would simply be ignored. It's only when the larger ones (think about palm-sized)/groups of small ones appear that they'll have any noticeable effect on the landscape/just give off a general vibe.

-The pack will not split until the stones are being recovered, and there's the debate over what to do with them. After that... neither side will be inherently good or bad, it's just a matter of what should be done.

-Yes, you are totally welcome to have power-hungry wolves who just want to take the Stones for themselves and become some kinda godwolf or something xd.png While I have built it up to show that the pack(s), on the whole, are civil, there's always a few bad apples tongue.gif

-Leadership roles may be a bit of a fight. As it currently stands, anyone in a high position on either side will likely retain it in the new packs, unless challenged/are forced to yield to seniority. For example, if Char and Quince wound up on the same side, Char would likely give up her Alpha spot as Quince is a more experienced leader. Of course, he could well resign, someone could challenge him and Char, etc. But we'll work more on that when we get there xd.png I figure a period of chaos and uncertainty would be normal following a split like that, anyway.

-The dissent/whining mentioned in Char's opening post was because she's a new Alpha, and a very inexperienced/informal one at that. The others just might not trust her ability to lead. It wasn't dissent about the packs merging together xd.png

ETA: And yes, the Beta positions in the South Pack are open smile.gif Talk with LoveLost though, and make sure you can fit in why they'd be Quince's Beta.

Edited by Dr. Paine

c: Oh, thank you Ear.

And yes, Shadow is as his was, only his memory was wiped of the battle. They can still remember their lives in Araelia, but the ending of it all (and everything about the Crystal itself) has vanished from mind, and so they are urged on to find a new home.

^^ And Yes, Fang was taken to be healed. He can be reincarnated as a pup or a young adult (two years is the max, since that's the time span) in SM territory.

I might bring Talcore back, Cryptic c: Though I don't want him to be too close to Love's character, so I might change him around slightly.

Yay :>

Also, whoever had Oxsana and Pax...

THE STAR WOLF DEMANDS THEIR RETURN |D ... but no, really, I'd adore seeing those two again. They were some of my favorite posts to read xd.png

It also looks like Doug will be making a return, madness and all :> And little Holo is almost done, I've finally figured out her personality. ... power is still a bit shaky, but I'm doing my best.

ETA: Shiny, is it okay if Holo's history makes some mention of Lucifer? For some reason, I could see them being kinda friends/Holo thinking of Luci as her big sister xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine