Firebirdwyvern

Dragon Fondness

Would this be a permanent "these two like each other" or have to be reapplied for each breeding check ?

Do you mean my idea? If so, it'd be a permanent thing. You test the pair's compatibility, get some flavour text and a heart rating and that gives an indication of how they'd get on if bred. After all, don't we all have pairs that give an egg every time or others that breed but never produce? I picture something like this:

"The two dragons snarl angrily and try to attack each other." - Expect a refusal from these two.

"The two dragons eye each other cautiously from a distance." - They may breed but expect a lot of "no interest" results.

"The two dragons approach each other with interest." - These guys should get on ok.

"The two dragons start playing affectionately together." - They're a great match!

I kind of view it as breeding but with no chance of producing an egg....

Ummmm... Not sure, then.... I rather suspect refusals are in there for a reason, kind of. Also - I do sometimes wonder if they are adjusted when too many of something are being bred - but that is just a kind of FEELING.... I don't know how dragons are coded to refuse, what sort of algorithm is used...

Ummmm... Not sure, then.... I rather suspect refusals are in there for a reason, kind of. Also - I do sometimes wonder if they are adjusted when too many of something are being bred - but that is just a kind of FEELING.... I don't know how dragons are coded to refuse, what sort of algorithm is used...

Hmm. Not sure why it would affect refusals if you know the pair are going to refuse? You still won't be breeding them.

But it's not perfect, I admit. It assumes a lot about the mechanics of breeding that only TJ knows for sure...

Having a bunch of dragons who have, apparently, decided to sign up for the nunnery, I would love to have a way to see which partner they would go for dry.gif. So I'm in favour of this. But this assumes that breeding (other than refusals) are not completely random, but instead has an x-y chance of success. If it is random and the individual dragons (and their fondness for each other) do not factor in to it, then there would be no point.

I think this is kind of...unnecessary and complicated. o-o

What would determine the heart scale score?

IIRC, two dragon's compatibility isn't tested until you actually try to breed them, so if that's still true then I don't think this can be implemented.

But breeding works fairly randomly anyway with the result you get, the only constant is that refusals will always refuse.

This