Firebirdwyvern

Dragon Fondness

My other one was ify, but I don't know what this will do but it seems actually something that might be cool.

Okay, we all breed our dragons, but for many different reasons, some breed for a lineage, others to hopefully gain a good egg, and others well for no real reason (I do that sometimes I admit)

Now the dragons have a little power, they can like their mate but no egg comes, they can have a egg, or they absolutely hate each other or refuse each other.

But what if we could give more power to them? I was thinking maybe some of a heart meter or something.

It would appear only on the Breed action and when choosing a male or female it will appear and be one to five (I think that's the limit in my other game or six but five is good enough) and each heart will show how much the dragon feels.

If one dragon has a four or five then you can know that it might result in a good pairing (even if no egg is included) but if a low number like one or two or even none then you probably shouldn't even try.

Now dragons can change their opinions of their comrades and affections, it's happened to me plenty of times, one couple gives me a egg and like each other, but the next time they refuse to go near each other.

The heart meter could give the owner a good clue to which dragon might be a good match and of course People don't have to listen to it, the heart meter won't be exact, a one meter dragon might actually be the dragon's love and it will hate a level four dragon

It seems like it would be fun

Aww That would be cute, I agree on this the dragons do the work any way!

Cool! I support this idea.

That would be nice. <3 But what if someone's chosen a specific mate, what will happen to that relationship?

Okay then.

Numb3rs, this won't mean that the pairing will result in a egg. The heart meter has not real power, it just gives you a idea that one dragon might have a better chance with one dragon then another. The matters of a egg ratio is solely in the breed.

Ab613 this answers your question. I have a Alt. Nebula who has only one mate, I won't let her breed with any other male. But the meter merely gives you a good idea, and it changes and tells when it might be best to breed them.

for Example:

You have a Stone and a Green and you want to make them the only breed.

You check the meter on the Stone's and see that she feels a four heart affection (or +4 or 5) so you breed her and you have a Geode egg as a result.

The next time you notice that there is a One heart on the meter for the Green. It means she might not like him or just doesn't want to breed with him, this means you can wait a bit.

The third time you check you see a good score.

I think it would be a good thing with the meter, one success doesn't mean they'll stay, but if permant mates then you can know when to breed them and when to leave them be

Mm'k then.

I support this, it'd be cool to give our dragons a bit more personality, and it'd help us tell when to breed X with Y.

I think this is kind of...unnecessary and complicated. o-o

What would determine the heart scale score?

IIRC, two dragon's compatibility isn't tested until you actually try to breed them, so if that's still true then I don't think this can be implemented.

But breeding works fairly randomly anyway with the result you get, the only constant is that refusals will always refuse.

Why would hearts on a specific dragon indicate whether or not it will successfully breed with another dragon. If the dragons refuse to breed, they'll always refuse to breed. Nothing can change that....

I think this would only complicate things more than they are. It's easy enough to see which dragon is the most successful partner already because the dragon it's produced the most eggs with goes to the very top of the list, with subsequent successes next on the list before the dragons it hasn't bred with or has breed but hasn't produced with.

IIRC, two dragon's compatibility isn't tested until you actually try to breed them, so if that's still true then I don't think this can be implemented.

But breeding works fairly randomly anyway with the result you get, the only constant is that refusals will always refuse.

This.

I'll admit, I think it's a cute idea, and it would add a little more personality to the dragons. If anything like this were going to be implemented, it would have to be something that doesn't affect or try to predict the game play.

Why would hearts on a specific dragon indicate whether or not it will successfully breed with another dragon. If the dragons refuse to breed, they'll always refuse to breed. Nothing can change that....

From what I understood of the OP's idea, it's not proposing to *change* anything about breeding chances. Only give the users a little better idea of *if* the dragons will like each other or not. It won't affect already-refused dragons, or anything like that.

I'd definitely like this. It won't interfer with actual breeding chances, but I'd definitely like to know if, for example, my Dorkface-vine is feeling a little less receptive to breeding with my white dragon then my non-Dorkface-vine is. I'd rather breed with the dragon that will give me a better chance at eggs, no matter which dragon that would be.

thanks Marie and you're right, it doesn't do much, it's almost like Splash, that does nothing that affects the dragon. And it also won't really predict the outcome, the normal things will stay, but it shows that it might be better to try one dragon with higher hearts that might make a happy couple, it could make the actual outcome a bit easier.

Like my Gold Tinsel, I wanted to breed her, but she wouldn't breed with the male I choose, that could easily be avoided and not waste time, but people can, as I said ignore it. The heart meter would mainly be there, but nothing big or affecting.

From what I understood of the OP's idea, it's not proposing to *change* anything about breeding chances. Only give the users a little better idea of *if* the dragons will like each other or not. It won't affect already-refused dragons, or anything like that.

I'd definitely like this. It won't interfer with actual breeding chances, but I'd definitely like to know if, for example, my Dorkface-vine is feeling a little less receptive to breeding with my white dragon then my non-Dorkface-vine is. I'd rather breed with the dragon that will give me a better chance at eggs, no matter which dragon that would be.

But the OP is suggesting that the number of hearts on one dragon affect how likely it is to refuse any dragon. And that's just not how breeding works.

Agreed with Nix, Layn, and nacho. ^^

I agree with Socky ^^

But the OP is suggesting that the number of hearts on one dragon affect how likely it is to refuse any dragon. And that's just not how breeding works.

I read the OP's idea as each dragon would have a meter beside them on the breeding page indicating how much it like the dragon. However with a meter like that it would have to stay consistant, with refusals being more likely in the 0-1 heart range, and very unlikely at the 5 heart range.

The heart meter could give the owner a good clue to which dragon might be a good match and of course People don't have to listen to it, the heart meter won't be exact, a one meter dragon might actually be the dragon's love and it will hate a level four dragon

If it's not accurate, it's worthless. Just saying. I mean, what good is a clock that's broken? Sure, it's right twice a day, but that doesn't tell you what time it is at any given time.

Yeah, I definitely agree with this.

Also, Olympe is right. If this is just random, then there's no point to it. It'll just cause superstition. If it is accurate though, it would make the game too easy because you could just wait until you know your CB gold is going to produce an egg.

i'll admit, i'd like to see something like this. It adds more uniqueness to dragons and adds a little more depth to the game

Reminds me a bit of an idea I had to test dragon compatibility of specific pairs with an action, with the reactions of the dragons (and maybe a little meter on the breeding page) indicating how likely that pair is to produce an egg. Mostly I just kind of want some way to see whether a pair will get on but don't want to breed while locked and potentially auto-abandon an egg.

Would this be a permanent "these two like each other" or have to be reapplied for each breeding check ?