S9429183F

if you were to dye/bleach your hair

I went blonde in high school once because I was tired of all the kids telling me I was going to hell and that my hair was a mark of my damnation, but I'd never change it now.

Just wanna ask: Are those hair dye in boxes permanent on my hair? How long do they last?

From what I've seen they last a few months. But I could be wrong.

From what I've seen they last a few months. But I could be wrong.

It will say "permanent" or "semi permanent" on boxes of 'natural-ish' color hair dye. Permanent is exactly what it says. Semi-permanent depends on how light your natural hair color is, how long you leave the dye on, how much of a change you're going for, whether the color contains bleach (most light colors contain both bleach and dye), how often and how hard you wash your hair, and the quality of the hair dye itself. It usually lasts 2-6 months and slowly fades. It usually shows up more dramatically on untreated (that means unbleached, undyed, fresh natural hair straight from your head) hair, and on hair that is lightened. It will fade and leave your hair kind of dry and crunchy feeling. It depends on many factors and the only way to find out is to just do it. It's just hair. It'll grow back.

I've dyed my hair in many colours. it was blonde, red, black, purple, orange smile.gif I would love to try also pink and green.

Don't believe in bleach. It's bad for the hair.

But.... Hrm. My hair is already dyed red.... Although I'd like to try black, just to see what it looked like. c:

It will say "permanent" or "semi permanent" on boxes of 'natural-ish' color hair dye. Permanent is exactly what it says. Semi-permanent depends on how light your natural hair color is, how long you leave the dye on, how much of a change you're going for, whether the color contains bleach (most light colors contain both bleach and dye), how often and how hard you wash your hair, and the quality of the hair dye itself. It usually lasts 2-6 months and slowly fades. It usually shows up more dramatically on untreated (that means unbleached, undyed, fresh natural hair straight from your head) hair, and on hair that is lightened. It will fade and leave your hair kind of dry and crunchy feeling. It depends on many factors and the only way to find out is to just do it. It's just hair. It'll grow back.

Many hair dye boxes I see in stores never state if permanent or semi-permanent. Guess if the dye is permanent as stated on the box, it will never come off unless cut?

I'd love to go ice blue or aqua. Or have the underside a dark red.

However my hair is naturally a very light, pale blonde, and it's such a pretty colour on its own that I don't want to mess with it by dyeing it. sleep.gif

I had my hair cotton candy pink one time. It was exciting, and I got a lot of compliments on it (it was a very nice dye-job, my mother did it, but we still haven't seen such a nice job on anybody that we've seen. It was a very even, bright color which made it look really good).

I'd love to go back to it, but I had to bleach it several times just to get it light enough for the pink to go over it, and that's damaging enough that I wouldn't do that again.

I dye it black when I have the time, but mostly, I just leave it as is. It's nice black, though, I have light skin and blue eyes and it really makes my eyes pop when my hair is black.

I don't bleach my hair, but I've dyed it. Currently it's dyed red. I wanted it to be fiery red, but since my hair is naturally dark brown it came off dark red. Don't want to bleach it though. It'd be like... meh especially when the dye wears out.

I wanted to have blue streaks once, but I couldn't find blue dye anywhere. xd.png

I've got my hair dyed black with a red part at the front. I'm still trying to get the red as close to firetruck-red as possible, but can't find a good dye that can do that without bleaching first (I'm dark brown natural), and my hair doesn't really like that...

The dye I tried last weekend turned out awful, and now there's a terrible orange glow about it. I think I'll try to put one of those fun dye reds over it this weekend.

As to how permanent dyes are: the one I use for my black says permanent on the box, and really is. Even if I wait a very long time between dyes, it remains black, although it becomes a duller. When I re-dye, it gets that beautiful blueish shine again.

I once saw a girl on the train with rainbow hair, and it wasn't a wig. It was so incredible I had to compliment her.

I would do the same. :3

My hair is medium brown naturally. Except I cant gray out all over like normal people, no. My hair grows in ultra white and in a single streak like Rouge from Xmen. It looks stupidly purposeful like I'm going to comic con. So I just dye the streak medium brown.

Edited by babybluefire

I wouldn't die my hair completely. Just my bangs. c: I'd probably dye them either pink or green. Edited by choco566

I once saw a girl on the train with rainbow hair, and it wasn't a wig. It was so incredible I had to compliment her.

I would do the same. :3

o.O

Yes. Totally.

...actually, with my hairstyle, I think it would look weird...but I bet this would look good on other people.

I'd actually add cadet blue with some torquiose and a touch of white.

But they'd be on seperate strands of hair. Like some of hair white, some others torquiose, such and such. I'd also keep my natural hair colour in- dirty blonde that is basically brown.

My hair is medium brown naturally. Except I cant gray out all over like normal people, no. My hair grows in ultra white and in a single streak like Rouge from Xmen. It looks stupidly purposeful like I'm going to comic con. So I just dye the streak medium brown.

I'm jealous. My first grey hairs are coming through and they are all over, like 'normal people'. I soo want a single white streak. I bet I could get that to look firetruck red.

But then again, I don't mind looking like I'm going to comic con every day biggrin.gif

I would probably go with blues and/or purples. Not completely, though. Can't picture myself with 100% blue/purple hair. ._.

Just wanna ask: When do those hair dye in boxes expire[without opening the bottles]?

A light brown or white, QWQ i dont like my black hair that much.

My hair has the ends dyed fire-engine red, but it's fading. Once it's all gone I'm going to dye all of it that color. :3

Auburn. Always loved the hair color. My hair is too light for me, being a dirty blonde.