S9429183F

if you were to dye/bleach your hair

My hair used to be partially red, and I loved it biggrin.gif

Here's a picture of my red hair, and my grandpa looking like a boss link here

@ DreadDragon: Your hair looks really cool!

I've got my hair cut yesterday. It's so short I'm barely able to wear a ponytail.

But I'm going to dye it tomorrow. It's now mahogany red/brownish and I want it dark cherry red. Hope it works out the way I want it!

That's similar to what I do! smile.gif

My hair isn't as dark as yours but it's still a pretty dark shade of brown with the tips dyed dark blue. If you bleach your tips first, trust me, even dark blue will stand out biggrin.gif

Unless i dye it like a sky blue. How common do you see that color on people's hair? tongue.gif

I just dyed my hair a few hours ago. It is a purple color. biggrin.gif It was meant to be a streak, but it is more of a patch of hair on the side of my head. I really like it, but it is only going to last about a week.

Oh, look, perfect!

I was planning on cutting my hair to just above shoulder length and bleaching it completely. It'd be a dead mess, but then I was going to use temporary dye on it every other month. Keep changing my hair color. Maybe blond one month then a dark purple the next. And after that, pink.

biggrin.gif I'm crazy.

So, I dyed my hair today and it didn't turn out dark cherry red like I expected but dark reddish with a purple glow. I really like it though because it looks purplish in direct sunlight. I think it's amazing! xd.png

Edited by JessicaGhost

I thought blue was uncommon enough? tongue.gif

And I mean it does actually stand out:

http://slodive.com/wp-content/uploads/2012...s/blue-bair.jpg

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/10/.../scenehair2.jpg

http://www.mrdenny.com/blog/images/2009.06...ir/P6070025.JPG

(not my pictures, but those all look pre-bleached)

Personally, I think that yellow or lime is uncommon. Sky blue is just me tongue.gif My classmate dyed some of her hair aqua, but she has like the chocolate brown hair so it didn't look as good as I was hoping it would be when she told me.

I've dyed my hair only twice and both of them happened at a hairdresser's. At first, I was too shy to go for fiery red I secretly dreamed of so got my hair dyed dark red-brown. Next time it was a bit more red and I loved it first but then the color faded. dry.gif My birthday is about two months away and I'm asking for a trip to the hairdresser's like last year.

I usually wear my hair in a ponytail out of sheer comfyness because I have long and messy hair.

I'm natural blonde (more gold than silver). I died my hair several years ago silver + violet streaks (looked perfect), and last summer repeated only violet/purple streaks. laugh.gif Now am dreaming of doing that again, since it looks really cool! laugh.gif

My hair used to be partially red, and I loved it biggrin.gif

Here's a picture of my red hair, and my grandpa looking like a boss link here

Wow, cool! I plan to dye flaming red next year and of course the whole head.

I'd love to try some purple or blue streaks, but I think I'm a bit too old for that, plus I can't wear such colors in my profession (at least not at the places I've worked). I couldn't even wear the bi-level hair cut I had and loved. I wasn't working at the time, but when I went back to work, it had to go back to all one level.

hmm.

I think I'd keep my natural hair color [a dirty blond] and get platinum and brown highlights underneath then a section of hair rainbow c:

I had dyed my hair purple while I was in high school. I loved it. Then I dyed it blue and, eventually, it turned into this ugly grey green at the ends and I had to chop it off.

I so want to dye my hair purple again, but, being 26 instead of 16, I don't think it would go over well at work.

Right now my hair is sort of dyed, if highlighted counts. Caramel, bleach, ash blonde. It's pretty, if a shade too blonde.

My hair has already been bleached and dyed teal. I loved it until it faded to green and then blonde. But hey, I got to be different for a while! cool.gif

Been there did that. Bleached blond for two years with a flourish of purple for the last 2 months! That was my wild midlife crisis. cool.gif

While I'd definitely go for the wilder colors (rainbow, anyone?), I know how incredibly damaging dyeing is for the hair structure.

I caused enough harm already with years of neglect (washing too often, using too many and wrong styling products/techniques), and wearing them openly all the time really destroyed the hair-ends. Right now, I'm working on cutting off split ends, but I don't have much hope they can recover.

So, no dyeing with chemicals for me.

I'd either like to lighten my tips for a natural surfer look (I do surf, my hair just doesn't show too much contrast because it is so long) or streak it some exotic color like dark green, purple, or blue. Unfortunately my hair is brown and it is so long I'm a little scared to bleach it.

I feel as though teenage girls these days are in the fad of dying their hair. I, myself as a female teenager, feel like girls are starting to become even more superficial trying to have a hair color that they were not born with. I would never dye my hair but I have nothing against it. If girls want to change their appearence, it's their own business and I have no right to try and stop it.

There should a limit though. Like those girls that dye their hair every 2-3 weeks. That's insane! Their hair will fall out if they contiue. Also, the natural colors are nice. Natural blond (not bleach blond), brown, dark red, and black are okay to die it, but when it comes to the blue, hot pink, purple, and even green?! That's where the cut off should be. It's one thing to stand out and another to make a fool of yourself.

I feel as though teenage girls these days are in the fad of dying their hair. I, myself as a female teenager, feel like girls are starting to become even more superficial trying to have a hair color that they were not born with. I would never dye my hair but I have nothing against it. If girls want to change their appearence, it's their own business and I have no right to try and stop it.

There should a limit though. Like those girls that dye their hair every 2-3 weeks. That's insane! Their hair will fall out if they contiue. Also, the natural colors are nice. Natural blond (not bleach blond), brown, dark red, and black are okay to die it, but when it comes to the blue, hot pink, purple, and even green?! That's where the cut off should be. It's one thing to stand out and another to make a fool of yourself.

There's nothing wrong with changing your hair colour that often, aside from possibly damaging your hair and spending the time to dye it so often. If they're dying their hair that often they should know about the damage they could be doing to it, so if it falls out or whatever that's their own problem.

Also, having unnatural colours in your hair isn't "making a fool of yourself". It just means that you like those colours in your hair. That's it. Does it mean you're looking for attention? Maybe, but there's nothing wrong with that either! I don't really see what the problem is aside from the fact that you think natural colours look better, and that's just your opinion (which is fine to have). In my opinion blue and green and purple hair looks better than brown and blonde and (natural) red. But that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with someone having a hair colour that I don't like.

Theres nothing wrong with looking different from the rest due to outstanding hair colours. I would bleach my hair not for attention but rather cos I like it that way. But my mother thinks bright hair looks dry and unhealthy.>.<

Edited by S9429183F

My hair has been every colour of the rainbow (multiple shades of some of them), plus black and platinum blonde. At the moment it is...nonexistent. dry.gif (thanks a ton, alopecia totalis. DX) When it grows back, it's going to be platinum again, because I have a weird love for unnaturally blonde hair. (Also, for darkening my eyebrows just a little. They're already dark-ish [when I actually have eyebrows xd.png], but almost-black brows and white-blonde hair is a combination I like.) I also love really odd shades, and have had my hair up to three or four colours at once.

Either blonde with red streaks in my hair again or maybe this time blue. As soon as I'm out of school though because my mom won't have it. dry.gif

Parents won't let me get my hair dyed, but I want it dyed dark red.