S9429183F

if you were to dye/bleach your hair

I recently dyed my dark brown hair to purple brown. Its been like Tuesday since the dyeing and whenever I showered and especially scrubbed my head with shampoo, the soapy 'residue' in my hands is reddish. I thought all the dye was washed out in my previous showers and whenever I lay down in bed after washing my hair, reddish stains appear on my pillow[and that was more than a day after dyeing]. Even reddish water droplets dripped from my hair. Is the hair dye like fading???O_o

I recently dyed my dark brown hair to purple brown. Its been like Tuesday since the dyeing and whenever I showered and especially scrubbed my head with shampoo, the soapy 'residue' in my hands is reddish. I thought all the dye was washed out in my previous showers and whenever I lay down in bed after washing my hair, reddish stains appear on my pillow[and that was more than a day after dyeing]. Even reddish water droplets dripped from my hair. Is the hair dye like fading???O_o

Are you sure it's permanent dye? It might be that the colour is fading because of washing it.

Sometimes the first few times after dyeing it gives off some colour when you wash it because you haven't completely washed out all the dye the first time. Make sure you "wash" your hair like you would with shampoo. It's all washed out when the colour of the water is just plain water. Best way to see that is to rinse it out in the sink.

Not permanent dye keeps fading until it's gone. So with that it's normal that it might leave some stains when your hair is wet.

I just dyed my hair mahogany red and I really like it. Now I hope it stays in because there's still bleached hair underneath it. I've been using a semi-permanent red colour/repair mask to make my hair better and so it would hold the pigments in normal hair dye better.

Aaagghh...After a visit to the swimming complex, most of the dyed[purple brown] hair faded back to my original hair colour. I did swim the week after I dyed my hair...

If I were to choose any color it'd be either red or green. xd.png;

But i'd still try to have black too, so red/black or green/black.

I wish I will dye my hair of crazy colours like green, pink, purple or blue, I always desired this xd.png But I think next time I will just use red and a very brilliant yellow , like fire smile.gif On dying hair I'm really imaginative!

I have been using Henna in my hair for a little over a year now and I’m fairly happy with my color (Its a dark red most of the time, but shines like copper in the sun). I mix my own from raw henna, so I don't really have an opinion on store-bought brands, but my friends uses one and has not problems. The only draw back is that if you are not happy with it, you can't dye over it with most dyes because the henna freaks out and makes your hair go a really nasty brown.

Yesterday, my mother recommended me to dye my natural brown hair cherry black cos she claimed the colour healthy[i find it dull and a waste to dye since my natural hair is brighter] and that my brown hair looks dry. After dyeing my hair, I hated the results. So freaking dark and unattractive. Seriously, those dark colours are for old people who want to cover their grey hair. Not many young people especially Asians[i'm Singaporean] would dye their hair black or any dark colour that is too close to their natural hair colour; no difference unless forced by their parents or peers to. I find my current hair colour trashy and my hair look like garbage. And I want to fade that unsightly censorkip.gif out of my hair asap so I can bleach it orange in April when I enter polytechnic. I'm thinking of soaking my hair in the pool for 2 hours to fade out the colour and doing it as a weekly routine. Are there other ways to fade my hair dye quicker? I cant stand my current hair state and I'm 18 this year and have the right to choose my own hair dye even though I want it bright and funky and my stereotyped mother objects.

Well I've dyed my hair quite a few times, but I know which colors I absolutely adore in my hair, ^^

I love dying my hair black, but not normal black, iridescent black. It's really fun to watch the colors flash in the sunlight. And the best thing about it? I can keep it during the school year since it technically is a natural hair color, despite the red and blue when light hits it.

Although over the summer I definitely want to try bleaching it and dying it electric blue, ^^ I wouldn't be able to keep it past the summer, but I'd like to see how it would turn out, and worst case scenario I just go back to black, ^^

I guess I'm one of the few young people who enjoy dark hair color, ^^;

And another cool thing is that while I don't dye my eyebrows at all, they tend to be chameleon in how they match my hair color, ^^; My natural hair color is a medium reddish-brown and they were a little darker than that normally. I dyed my hair red and they appeared to be red, I dyed my hair black, and now they look as black as my hair... I would laugh if they appeared blonde/blue when I dye my hair blue, xd.png

I'd love to put some kind of color in my hair, but I don't feel like my natural hair color is a color that's dye-worthy. It's just boring, dark brown, I don't know what color would go with it and look good. sleep.gif

And doesn't it look kind of funny once it starts growing out after you dye it? I wouldn't want to have to keep dying...

(Edited for tonight's horrible grammar....)

Edited by Alpha Gryph

Will rid my hair of the ugly crap of cherry black dye by visiting the pool. It worked in Dec though I didnt intend to after going to the swimming complex.

I would dye my hair dark blue or purple. I think my friends would freak if they saw me with a really bright hair color like neon green.

Well I have these two bits of hair that I let stay down on each side of my face when I pull it up, and I would so like to dye them a pretty blue color. However I would probably have to bleach the bits before I dye them because my hair's so dang dark. xd.png But even if I did that, I couldn't avoid being killed my parents for dying my hair. <X3

I'd dye mine a very dark shade of green.

Just enough so I wouldn't stand out at first sight, but enough to make people have to do a double take.

I could also always blame it on a natural dye accident (it happens often enough) if anyone important asked.

Why would parents kill their kids for dyeing their hair a funky colour? Nothing wrong with it unless school dont allow. Getting mad over their children dyeing their hair is a rather silly, petty reason.-.-

I'd like to die my hair black and electric blue, but where I work has a strict 'only natural colors' policy. ._.

Plus, I've been dying my hair red/brown for years...I'm currently growing my hair out so I can see my natural color again. xd.png

i like my hair black, with a tiny tint of blue thats only visible in the sun. ^^ naturally, its a weird dark brown that tints red in the sun.

I would dye the tips burgundy red or just bleached color (that color that dark hair turns when you put bleach on it), but I don't think I'll ever dye my hair.

My hair is currently brown with (bleached) blue tips! I go back and forth between blue, blue-green, and purple as it washes out though. I would LOVE to have all of my hair bleached and dyed blue or something though! I just don't think I could deal with the upkeep (it's so easy right now, anyway, since I don't have to worry about rebleaching except when I get too much cut off) though, so I haven't bothered yet tongue.gif

In the past I've had blue streaks (ugh why) and red streaks (this was also bad). This is the only time I've actually picked something that looks good xd.png (I was just really dumb in middle school)

If I were to bleach my hair I'd dye one half red and the other black. owo Just because it'd seem interesting.

XD I like my currently normal brown hair for now, though. :3

Red or purple... It has been red before, and I liked it, but I think purple would be nice. I don't know if I would do streaks or the tips though... I also think it would be cool to get blonde highlights...

Edited by ticonderoga2