leaf0701

Which dragon do you think would be the best pet?

Which dragon would be your pet/companion?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, as Nebulas are the most beautiful dragons of all ( my opinion ^^), I'd very much like to have one, just to look at it.

Out of the ones you listed, I'd have a Nebula. They're soo pretty, would be friendly, and could double as a reading lamp/nightlight (I think their star patterns glow slightly? I could be wrong, though...) for someone like me who stays up late because they won'tcan't put their book down. :3 But I'd also loveloveLOVE wub.gif to have a Ridgewing or ten! happy.gif

Having an enchanted cheese pet would be awesome.

It would be a verrrry hard choice between Cheese and Sweetling but in the end, I'd probably end up picking Sweetling.

Although I adore Cheese hatchies, and would love to have one, I also love Cheese very much, so it would constantly be in danger of being eaten. tongue.gif

I've been in love with Sweetlings since they were released and could just imagine one sitting on my lap sharing my M&M's with me. xd.png

I'd love Night Glory Drake for a pet, don't know why.. :D Oh well, they're my favourites.. But from these, Nebula is absolute number one.

I would love to have a female silver as a pet :3 Too bad they don't have wings.. That would've been awesome.

Otherwise, i would take a sweetling. Aren't they supposed to be cat sized..? Cute to have a little sweetling running around in the house xd.png

Or a black, so i can ride it to school when i miss the bus or something..

Null voted because the one I would choose wasn't a choice. smile.gif I'd originally though I'd choose one of the pygmy species due to their size but I also like the idea of a Pumpkin Halloween dragon as a pet as well as the Sweetlings. But then I read how easy it would be to take of a paper hatchie and I think I've changed my mind and want one of those. smile.gif

I was going to put "Moonstone" but that wasn't offered as a choice. Moonstones look like big deer to me.

Nebulas are pretty, but they're Wyverns; in classic literature, wyverns are purported to be malicious. Nebulas are probably the gentlest of that breed but they come across as rather geekish and aloof to me. Their first love is the stars and would probably smack you with their tails if you bugged them too much.

So I chose Silvers. They're kind, beautiful, funny and playful, like big silky-maned dogs.

I was going to put "Moonstone" but that wasn't offered as a choice. Moonstones look like big deer to me.

Nebulas are pretty, but they're Wyverns; in classic literature, wyverns are purported to be malicious. Nebulas are probably the gentlest of that breed but they come across as rather geekish and aloof to me. Their first love is the stars and would probably smack you with their tails if you bugged them too much.

So I chose Silvers. They're kind, beautiful, funny and playful, like big silky-maned dogs.

How can anyone not love Nebulas?

I'd love a Neglected (as I've said in every one of these types of thread tongue.gif ) but for this one I've chosen Paper. They're little, adorable, and very handy to jot down notes on in a pinch. biggrin.gif

I love Nebulas — they're awesome, but I don't think they'd make good pets. That's just the way I interpret their descriptions.

Afterthought: Maybe a Nebula as a teacher/mentor/sage. You probably couldn't find a better astronomer/astrologer. But when you say "pet" I think of something that would enjoy and return affectionate gestures.

Edited by Xocowolf

Of those listed, I chose the Pink. They are gentle and good with young things - eventual babysitter maybe?

But I totally agree that Pygmies are the perfect size for living in a house. I think I'd pick the Dark Myst, but all of the others would be fun. A Misfit Pygmy would make life interesting for sure.

I don't think that dragons are really a pet, though. They are intelligent and can talk. Dragons are more like friends, in my opinion. For a pet I think the best choices will be the Day Glory and Night Glory. Drakes aren't as smart, and seem more like a pet. Those two are the smallest, but Ochredrakes are also might also make good pets. Ochredrakes are easy to tame and sing as a plus.

I don't know how big an Ochredrake is, but the Night Glories are bat-sized. I think that Day Glories are around the same size.

I think Drakes would make better pets than Dragons. Pets aren't as smart as people - but dragons are, so they are more of a companion or friend.

Of the ones listed, I would say paper. they make good companions in my descriptions. Though after reading Wookie's response, I would have to say that I would really love a sweetling <3

Well, I think any of the Pygmy dragons or a Dayglory Drake would be the least likely dragon to try to kill me. :'D And the easiest to keep as a pet.

But from a keeper standpoint rather than housepet-dragon standpoint, I would want a Horse Dragon to ride about and look awesome on.

Though, aforementioned horse dragon would probably try to kill me as well, given I would probably try to dye its scales back and duct-tape a horn to its forehead.

Edited by Switch

From the actual dragon species, I'd say a Mint. But any of the pygmies would also work... although I think any kind of drake would probably be a popular pet species, being small, personable, trainable, and pretty--hyperactivity of the Ochredrakes aside. Plus, I'd love to carry around cherries/grapes for my pet Day/Night Glory Drake's treats! Especially since I could fit the Glory in my other pocket! xd.png

Out of the others... I'd imagine Nebulas (although those raised in cities would probably have more trouble observing the stars, so they'd probably not look as lovely as they otherwise might have), Splits, Dorsals, Sun/Moonstones, Ridgewings, Metallics, and maybe Stripes being show dragons, while the pillows could go for show, practical (it mentions their fur being harvested), and pet purposes (although can you imagine the shedding?). Waterhorses, although very sweet and playful, are too slimey out of water to make good pets, and Daydreams seem rather too hazardous. The Balloons would definitely be pets for families with young children, as would the Pinks and Purples. I can't really imagine something as large as a Skywing dragon, Gray dragon (temper!), or a Sunson amphiptere being kept as pet birds, but I'm sure that exotic pet lovers would adore the Neotropicals, Canopies, and Bright-Breasted Wyverns (if they've have their poisonous barbs removed) Horse dragons, Vine dragons, Guardian dragons, White dragons, and the various elemental dragons would probably have relatively practical uses. Of the water-going breeds, I can only really picture Shallow Water dragons being kept as pets. Paper dragons would probably be the perfect pet for a library. Whiptails would be used in races. The Holidiays would probably not make pets as often because of their limited breeding ability, although I can easily imagine the Pumpkins earning a reputation as pests. Neglected and Zombie dragons would probably be only useful as a sign to call the humane society.

Edited by Kitsuru

of the choices, i wouldnt mind a nebula. smile.gif but of all the species, i would choose my favorite breed: alt sweetling. <3

I think a pygmy dragon would make the best pet. House cat sized is a great lap size. It could also perch on your shoulder and scare the crap out of everyone in the neighborhood. biggrin.gif

This! More specifically Dark Myst Pygmies because they seem pretty good-tempered and self-sufficient or Seawyrm Pygmies if you live by the ocean. :3

Of all the choices though, I'd probably love a Nebula because their wings are so beautiful and starry.

I think just a normal pygmy would be my best pet, since it's small, cute, and trainable, I think. It would be fun to have it perched on my shoulders! As much as I love whiptails, I probably wouldn't want one as a pet, due to their nature. xd.png A day glory or night glory would be cool too. They're so pretty, fun, and a nice size as well. smile.gif

A hellfire wyvern!!! jk, probably a pigmy. after all, i'm sure a pigmy would get along great with my cats

From this list: Mints. Reason being that they're small, docile, not aggressive and not picky with what they eat.

As for something outside, I'm not too sure... I have many choices, Mints and Pygmies being two of them. ^^