leaf0701

Which dragon do you think would be the best pet?

Which dragon would be your pet/companion?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A crimson flare in a heartbeat. xd.png

I think I would love chasing one around, trying to catch the little ball of energy.

Has to be the pygmies. All of them. Especially Nilias and Magelights.

Probably also one for flying purposes. Can't be a skywing because they have trouble lifting off, so it'd definitely be a nhiostrife.

While I'd say Shimmerscale, they can't fly.

So Magi. Because teleporting is rad xd.png

Pygmy. While the others have merits, they're way too big for a poor college student living in an apartment to manage. A Pygmy would be small enough it could prob sleep on my bed or beanbag chair, and it wouldn't eat too much. I rather like the idea of a shoulder dragon, and I already picture my mage on this site as having Belau following her around all the time.

Totally a Pillow or a Mint. If I did have to choose, I would pick a Mint.

Edited by lollipop00

Pygmy. While the others have merits, they're way too big for a poor college student living in an apartment to manage. A Pygmy would be small enough it could prob sleep on my bed or beanbag chair, and it wouldn't eat too much. I rather like the idea of a shoulder dragon, and I already picture my mage on this site as having Belau following her around all the time.

Awww yeah! I'd love a dark myst pygmy.

Awww yeah! I'd love a dark myst pygmy.

Yes, this ^. I live in a city. A big city. Big dragons would cause no end of trouble. Ever try to find an apartment that will accept a dog over 40 lbs., let alone some huge scaled, winged beastie?

With so many dragons to choose from, I wonder why the list is so small of a selection list.

I need an other option.

Neglecteds. You can hang Christmas decorations from the holes in their wings. *Sage nod*

While Pygmies have the perfect size for being the best pets, my companion dragon would be a Silver. They're so soothing to look at.

Even though it's not on the list, another good choice for me would be a Holly. They always give me a warm feeling whenever I see one.

time to take this too seriously

well dragons are sentient creatures so it would be like us keeping other humans as pets

so a drake of some sort would probably be the best pet since they are about as smart as a dog and the spriter says they are cat sized but TJ says they are larger (i side with the spriter)

a quote from the maker of ocredrakes

drakes always:

1. Possess no opposable digits on any limb (no thumbs)

2. Have antlers which are shed bi-annually

3. Are extremely good natured, obedient and eager to please

4. Are no smarter than your average dog, have short attention spans, and tend to never forget training, despite the fact that it takes a long time to cement it in their minds.

5. Are small, ranging in size between the size of a cat and as big as a husky.

6. Are found in the same basic body plan as the ocredrake varieties, which are the most basal forms.

and about dragons for friend a lot of them would be awesome but silvers whites and magic users would probably be the best to befriend

well time for a straight answer

so i would want a day glory drake

have you ever read their description? I want one IRL biggrin.gif

maybe a night one to

and a day glory drake is the size of a four month old kitten so I bet they would make lovely pets and be easy to feed

Edited by blockEdragon

Out of these I guess a Nebula, but I think a Day Glory Drake would make a nice pet. They're really small apparently, and they're "friendly, radiant, and love the company of humans".

What is smallest, doesn't eat people or cause massive property damage, and can forage for itself without breaking a bunch of laws?

That one smile.gif

Solstice dragon, definitely. I wouldn't call it a pet, but rather a perfect companion - they were designed to be soft and warm with a fuzzy mane for optimum snuggles, always make you feel good about things, and their loyalty to those they deem family means that they'll always pull through for you in a tight spot or defend you with trademark mama bear viciousness if you're in danger.

Edited by Odeen

I would personally wish it was a whiptail... but really I'm sure sweetlings would be better. since I know what it's like to have dogs with whips for tails +_+ they really truly hurt...

Among the ones listed, I'd choose Nebula. It seems like it'd be a good pet and companion.

Although, I'd probably choose some kind of Drake as a pet. They're pretty much the most pet-like family to date, besides the Pygmies. As for which, I can't really choose, but definitely not the Howler. One of my cats already makes enough noise at night, and I don't need that same amount during the day, too.

As a companion, I really like the idea of flying on a Ridgewing or Tsunami Wyvern's back.