MendezLightning

Castle Hydra: Next Generation

Zeke involuntarily tensed. He did not like the idea of Jordan studying his kids like some kind of experiment, "No.... not its ok. I'll just figure it out when they are born...", he said, relaxing a bit. whats wrong with you Zeke? He just wants to help he thought.

Jordan shrugged. "Alright. I would do the same if I was in your shoes." He smiled, and pat him on the back. "Lorelei's excited about it I guess?"

Zeke smiled, "I would imagine so, we only just got the news today and then I got the call", he said thinking back to his love. The waiter came by and set the table's sandwiches in front of them and Zeke dug in, "Now that I think about it, I was suppose to call her.", he said .

Edited by padfoot

Aois nodded, his mouth completely stuffed with sandwich. "Mm mmf!" he said intelligably and swallowed, taking another bite of his sandwhich. He didn't bother to reapet himself.

Kaitlyn sighed happily to herself, wandering a beach nearby to her house.

Zeke swallowed his bite of his food, "I will, I'm here to talk to you guys, not Lorelei", he said, shaking his head at Aios, "So what do you guys think about this case?", he asked, getting to business.

"Not a clue. Personally, Paimon and his little reaper friend almost put me in a catatonic state, so I have no desire to help again." Jordan shrugged.

"So how have you two been doing? I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding." Aza said. "Adrian set fire to the mansion when he tried to scramble eggs. That reminds me, I still have a heap of presents I haven't sent over yet." "I hope you haven't had to endure as many murder attempts as me. Honestly, I'm tired of being stabbed, shot, poisoned, burned, crushed, run through, run over, pushed off cliffs, and eaten. Do they have any idea how painful it is?" Adrian complained. Aza paid absolutely no attention to him. "The koi we're giving you can see the future, but listen to them too long and you'll start rhyming when you talk. I think that's the only dangerous thing under the gift wrap." Jared quietly withdrew again and started packing up his books.

Aois swallowed again. "I wanna kick his ass" he said, rather coldly. "He went after Kait when we were all in high school. If we hadn't gotten her back... Whoo boy! Marcel woulda had my head. Anyways, there's no doubt he's gonna go after at least one of the kids. That guys doesn't fool around, he wouldn't have dragged Kait's life into this for no reason" he said, taking another bite of his sandwhich. He sighed slightly. "Thirty years" he said somberly, leaning back in his chair. "Thirty years on the same case and you'd think I would've caught this guy by now."

Zeke finished his meal first as usual and wiped his mouth on a napkin, "I know what you mean... I caught up with him about 10 years ago when his kidnappings got higher in concentration in the human world. I almost had him too...then he ran here, to the monster realm, and the trail ran cold.", he said, sipping his soda, "Thats the problem with chasing someone who can also jump between realms freely.", he trailed off.

Lorelei laughed softly, "Oh we haven't gotten married yet," she paused for another laugh, "We've been engaged for almost a year now, and then we had to postpone the wedding because I somehow wound up pregnant." Not that I'm complaining, she added to herself. "Zeke is supposed to be sterile to any species other than human or skinwalker.” She shrugged and folded her hands under her belly. Like Aza she ignored Adrians’ rambling, “Oh I love koi!" she said "And it will be nice to have some seers around.” Lorelei grinned. “How far into the futrue can they see?” she asked curiously.

"Probably forever, although all they care about is when their next meal is. Don't expect anything they say to make sense, not even after the event is over. There's still a giant marigold I haven't found a ribbon for, and the miniature lion does nothing but sleep. It might as well be a stuffed animal." she said, pulling out a very long list, written out in tiny cramped letters. "Aza, you're defeating the point of a surprise..." Aza didn't seem to hear and wandered off, checking things off her list. "Lorelei, expect to receive a small fortune worth of presents. She was putting it mildly when she said heaps." Adtian sighed. A jet black snake crawled up to Lorelei, carrying a goldfish bowl with several very small koi inside. They stared at Adrian, almost glaring at him. "Scythe doesn't woo. Wood thrush is true." one of them chirped. "Grief that brings life. Joy that brings strife." another added. "It's useful when they actually make sense...where'd Aza go?" The snake nodded gracefully and disappeared, leaving the tiny koi in their bowl.

Edited by frostmourne

Kenan looked hurt for a fraction of a second before he hid it again. "I understand them well enough. Scythes aren't exactly the most versatile symbol..." he grumbled, before retreating into himself again.

Kenan shadow-stepped, reappearing beside Aza. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

"Check in...five." Aza murmured, not replying. The chessboard was made of living wood, the pieces walking to where they were told on odd spindly roots. "Checkmate. Hello Kenan. Aza, give me a warning next time. You may be able to sense movement through shadows, but I certainly cannot." Jared sighed. "How come I can never beat you at chess?" "If you think I'm good, try playing with your father. Ruthless, utterly ruthless. He treats people the same way he treats chess pieces." The chessboard and pieces melded into a young tree and they both rose to their feet. Aza turned to Kenan, waving away a small bug buzzing around. "Why are you so grumpy? Did the koi say I'll hate you for the rest of eternity? They do that to everyone. It's why I had them removed from the pond. Jared, could you stay? Please?" "So sorry, my next class is in less than ten minutes. I'll be back in about a half hour or so." The vines swallowed him up and sank back into the ground.

Edited by frostmourne

"Actually yes. But when don't I follow you? I have nothing else to do. I grow tired of watching people beg for a life they didn't use in the first place..." Kenan sighed.

Aza laughed and turned to look at him. "On the rare occasion you do say something, it's ridiculously dreary." Her playful tone of voice took any bite out of the words. She opened her mouth again to tell Kenan about where she had wanted to go, but abruptly tensed. She pulled the hood of her cloak up, the shadow of it hiding her face. "Something's not right." she muttered. There were three sets of footprints on the sand. The first two were not surprising, but the third set was. Aza didn't have a shadow and didn't leave footprints, so there must have been someone else there. The trail stopped directly beside Aza, but if there was anyone there, they were invisible as well as intangible. "They must have left. Perhaps I'm getting paranoid." she said brightly. The hood collapsed back as if instructed, and she relaxed again.

Adrian drummed his finger impatiently as he waited for his cousin to show up again. It was quite useless to try and drag her back, although he had been tempted at times. "Black swan falls. Wood thrush mournfully calls." "Oh, be quiet." "You don't get it do you? She dies, and we know how." one of the koi said irritably, finaly giving a straight answer. "You know we can't lie."

"Isn't your friend Jared standing beside you? I thought he was? Is there... there is..." everything in the room started to decay, the wood rotting and the stone dissolving. "Aza. You need to stay put. A fraction of a movement and your life is in jeapordy..." Kenan said, his voice like the wind over a tombstone. It would make a skeleton cringe. "You need to leave." he demanded. (...Kenan can only see the life force of things... anything that was/is alive he sees... so what is it?)

((A maniacally depressed ghost with a horrible sense of humor and enjoys drowning people. And they're on the beach close to the cliff, not in a building.))

"Nothing new. My life's been in jeopardy for 284 years and counting." Aza muttered, although she did start walking back up to the cliff. She came to a dead stop, looking like she had been hit by a very large brick. Grey eyes has a sickly green tinge now. Suddenly she turned around and began moving rather mechanically back to the beach. She didn't stop even when the water was up to her neck, but marched forward with a rather glazed look. Adrian's eyes went wide with alarm and he rushed down and grabbed her shoulders. "You pest! All you've done your entire life is tease and joke and torment. I hate you!" Aza said in a oddly shrill voice. It rose several octaves as she spoke. It was the voice you'd expect to hear from a little girl. "Get out, or I'll force you out." he said through gritted teeth. "You can't. You couldn't get rid of me without hurting her." same shrill voice taunted. He narrowed his eyes and drew a long black sword from thin air.

Kenan snarled, his hands turning to bone and he wrenched Adrian off Aza. "You have good intentions, but you'll hurt her..." he said, his voice almost too illegiable. He reached with his hand into Aza, disappearing and returning with two blobs. One green, one black. "Seems one of your souls got missed at death..." He tossed the black into Aza, and but the green into a closed bottle. He tossed the bottle back on shore, helping Aza out of the water.

(Random ghost is random.)

Edited by lycrawaterz14

Aza blinked a couple times, shook her head, and stepped out of the water. "Was I sleepwalking? And what do I have in my hair?" she asked, bemused expression on her face. She picked out a couple strands of seaweed and a small crab. "Well, that wasn't a very original idea." she muttered. A shrill screaming sound could still be heard over the lap of the waves. Adrian was giving her a venomous look. "What did I do?" "I'm going to cook the koi now." he declared, storming back up to the cliff. "What? Why? Did I say something? Thanks Kenan. Again. Have you gotten tired of saving me yet?" She gave him a quick hug before running after Adrian, insisting that he leave the fish alone.

((erm... I'm not sure where to jump in now.. 0.o Aza played a game of chess, Jared left, Aza gets possessed and nearly drowns, and now Adrian wants to cook Lorelei's mini morbid future seeing koi present..any ideas so i can think up something while im at work tonight? :] ))

Kenan seemed happy, before joining

(Ugh! No one's talking at the school! Bucket and Kaeyla are such characters! Can't wait to RP them~ =] )

(sorry i havent been on for ages: its a legal obligation to do two weeks of work experience in england ¬_¬ ... so i havent been on because of fatigue. anyway ... recap?)