MendezLightning

Castle Hydra: Next Generation

Pavo cast her arms wide, and blue light bathed the room as a lotus of light opened and body appeared from nowhere. A Human lay before them. 'This woman was the next victim, one of the correspondants intercepted the incident and brought her to us. We need Monsters who know the Human world, yet are also in the closely-knit of group of the ALEU and PFPA, so we thought of you.'

Frei stepped forward, leaning on his staff. 'So we want you to talk to her, to ... gently interrogate her about the incident: try and find out if the assailant had any ... unexplainable abilities or their skin looked like scales, the common hints ...'

'Any questions?' Beaux barked again.

Zeke looked at the human laying on the floor, "you got the right guy for working in the human world", he said passing his hand over the girl's body, " I might be able to spirit walk into her mind", he said with a shrug.

'Too bad. It's your case.' Beaux was then gone in a swirl of purple light and white feathers. Pavo nodded to them and disappeared as well, blue petals of light cascading around her. Frei stepped forward, his staff clunking on the ground. 'I apologise, my friends. She is ... temperamental,' he looked to Ryu. 'You're the captain here, you make the decisions.' And he too was gone in a blaze of golden fire.

Ryu turned to them. 'I don't know what you guys want to do,' he fished the woman up. 'But I'm gonna be asking her some questions, you guys can do what you like for this case.'

Wow ... I'm a terrible leader ... Oh well ...

Zeke shrugged, "can't do too much without information on the victim", he called after Ryu. He rubbed his face with one hand and turned to Jordan and Aios, "so, how have you two been?", he asked.

Edited by padfoot

"Relatively well. Bucket's a handfull. How are you and Lorelei? Did you two stay together?" He asked, shrugging.

Aois had mearly chuckled quietly at Beaux's temper. "Ah memories" he thought with a grin, watching the three dissapear. The spirit turned slightly as Zeke asked how he'd been. "Tired" he said with a shrug. "I've actually been sleeping, which I haven't done since I died." The young man rubbed the back of his head slightly. "It's bizarre."

"Yes, we are engaged right now and she is expecting twins", Zeke said with a growing grin. He smiled at Aios, "sleep is good I guess, I actually forgot your a ghost", eh said with a shrug.

"Tell me about it. Sometimes I think it's getting worse." Aza muttered. Adrian smirked at that comment and reached into the folds of his cloak. He drew out a piece of paper and touched it lightly. Thin writing, not very elegant, but neat, traced across the paper. After it had finished, the paper folded itself up and rocketed away. "Adrian..." "It'll be worse if she doesn't know where we are." he reminded her. "You spend too much time irritated with me." "Not without reason. Adrian, would you please stop trying to squash me?" The tiny flower kept uprooting itself and scampering away to avoid a large hammer. Jared sighed and withdrew from the flower. The flower withered away at the same time the hammer faded.

"Spirit" he corrected out of habit. "I was a ghost, wasn't really fun." Aois yawned lazily and stuck his hands behind his head. "What'cha think he's gonna ask that human?" he commented, looking between them.

"you would think I would know the difference by now", he said with a laugh, "I vote we go grab some lunch and have a chat. I could use some time around other males, I've been hanging out with Lorelei too much lately. Plus, I hear there is a good sandwich shop near here".

"Food sounds good to me" Aois agreed, perking up. "I could go for a good lunch." He grinned, that all too familiar kiddish expression coming back to his face.

Caleum sighed to himself as he walked away from the reception, going over the papers in his hands. Looked like being a guardian wasn't going to be quite as simple as when he was a kid, but then again he'd expected that. "Okay so this form's for the...um... Or wait is- is it this one?" he muttered to himself, stopping and puzzling over it. The receptionists, still as crepy as when they'd started there thirty years ago, hadn't done a good job at making sure everything was organized for the easily flustered angel. "Oh dear."

((anyone can run into him d:))

I thought you said you'd been around women too much, and now you want a sandwich? Jordan thought, then frowned at himself. "Sorry... whoever heard that, I didn't mean it." Jordan grumbled, and followed Aois and Zeke. "Aois, do you have a girlfriend yet? I'm still with Emily..." he faded off.

((HA! sexist joke))

Zeke walked towards the sandwich shop, "So you say your still with Emily? Not sure if I met her... how is that going?", he asked.

Edited by padfoot

"Um... pretty well I guess... we're married. And I love her... a lot..." he shrugged. "You and Lorelei are expecting twins? Any idea the gender?"

Zeke laughed, "You sound like your reading a script", Zeke said with another laugh. When he asked what they were expecting, he sighed, "No...I don't know the gender... or even the species. I wasn't even suppose to be able to get her pregnant and I can't see the babys' aura...I dont know what to think", He said, deep in thought, "Hope they don't end up like me...", he muttered.

"And waht if they do? You turned out just fine, I'm sure they will too." Jordan smirked, opening up again.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, man" Aois chimed in. "It doesn't really matter what they are, so long as they're healthy." He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Maybe they'll be a mix of both of your species."

Zeke opened the door of the small sandwich shop and ordered, "Yea, I would be grateful if they came out looking kinda human", he said finding a secluded table in the front corner of the restaurant. He sat down and continued, "I don't think they can be mixed. I mean, I'm a wolf and she is a nymph, not that alike.", he said with a sigh.

Edited by padfoot

"Well, there is capricorns... I don't know. If a goat and a fish can mix, I guess just about anything would." he shrugged. "You think they'll be lunar-based? I know some nymphs can only show their form at low tide, and that's all lunar based. And you're obviously lunar-based... I bet I could figure it out."

"You're supposed to be taking over the throne from your father soon, right?" she asked Aza. "Or has that yet to be determined?" Lorelei continued.

"Well Lorelei is also half water spirit", he said, "And like I said, I'm suppose to be... sterile, to everything thats not human...", he said in a low voice, embarrassed of that part of his anatomy. He looked at the siren across from him, "What do you mean you can figure it out?", he asked.

"Yes, but I think it's going to be a while before I am queen. I cannot bear to try to imagine what it would be like to spend all my in the Court." Aza said. "I probably won't be allowed to leave the continent." "Technically, she doesn't get the throne until the current monarch dies. Most only last for a century or two if they're lucky, but I have a feeling he's going to be around for a long while." This time it was a blade of grass that spoke. "Jared, do me a favor and go away." Adrian muttered. "Don't you have some experiment to do or something?" "Adrian, sometimes I think you needed a tutor more than Aza." he murmured.

Lorelei nodded in understanding, "I see. That does sound like a rather boring situation to be in." She looked down at the grass when Jared spoke, unable to pinpoint the exact blade. "That wouldn't surprise me," she said quietly.

"I mean with a DNA sample I could probably figure it out. I did get a PhD in genetics." Jordan sighed. "There's certain traits on the Y chromosome in lycanthropy, why males tend to shift faster and such. I could probably track which is trait is recessive on skinwalkers using this technique and if it's dominant on Lorelei I could trace features." He said straight-faced. "Actually it would be quite easy as soon as I isolated the X and Y chromosomes for you. Skinwalker DNA is complicated."