MendezLightning

Castle Hydra: Next Generation

Zeke left the money for his meal on the table and rose from his chair, "IF you guys will excuse me, I have to call my fiance", He said touching two of his fingers to his forehead, "Also, I will be in touch with my phone but I'm taking a trip to the human realm. Call me if you get word from Ryu", he said. He walked out of the restaurant and walked towards the school. He dialed Lorelei's number on his cell phone and held it to his ear, waiting for her to pick up.

(lets say its lunchtime at teh schoolz, because i kinda wanna use kori for something ... not sure what but ... i wanna)

Kori's tray was piled with sausages and chicken strips, chicken fillets, chicken legs, chicken breast, chicken pie ... Kori likes chicken ... But his hungry smile faded as he realised that he had no friends in this place, looking at the crowded cafeteria with dismay.

He looked for Oine, but couldn't see her. Aw crap ...

Jordan nodded.

Bucket had already grabbed a huge salad, with bits of sweet things on it. Candy, sugar cubes. Kaeyla made a face at him, a regular salad on her tray. "You're going to be as big as a house you keep eating like that."

(Darn, swimming's before lunch lol oh well)

Lorelei was absentmindedly making sea creatures form with the pool water when her phone started to buzz. The woman reached over and picked it up as the water playfully danced around her. "Hello, Love," she said kindly when she saw it was Zeke. The water lazily returned to the pool.

"hey baby", he replied when she picked up, "sorry I didnt call sooner, the case is open again and me, Jordan, and Aios decided to grab a bite while Ryu questioned the victim". Zeke locked onto his mate's aura signature and started walking towards the beach. "anyway, I need to take a trip to the human realm and was wondering if you wanted to join me", he asked, figuring she might be bored since work keeps him away.

She let out a sigh of annoyance when he mentioned the case, "Not that one again! Can't he just fall off the earth and go die yet?" Lorelei looked at the sky in frustration, "Stupid Paimon." she muttered. She stood up, placing a hand on her protruding stomach and began walking towards the cliff. "I would love to go with you. It's been ages since I've been to the human realm. I'll meet you by the beach, ok?" she said cheerily. "And before you go, dear," she paused, biting her lip. "Can I jump?" Lorelei had reached the cliffs' edge and was looking down at the water below with longing.

Oine sighed to herself in boredom, sitting on a set of steps and just watching people come and go. I so don't want to be here she thought dully, picking at a loose thread on her jeans. Wonder where Kori went... Probably smelled chicken and took off she thought with another sigh.

((my teacher died))

(((....IRL? I'm sorry to hear that, girly sad.gif))

Zeke laughed softly, "Yes, He has reared his ugly head again...", He said with a touch of sadness. He clapped his phone shut and spoke from behind his mate, "I'm sorry baby. You know that dangerous for the little ones", he said, hating to tell her no. He walked p behind her and put his arm around her shoulders, "You ready to go I have a surprise for you", eh said with a mischievous grin.

(( Im sorry dear.. what was the cause? sad.gif))

Lorelei was peering out over the wall that kept people from falling by the time Zeke came up behind her. She gave a slight start when his phone snapped shut, despite sensing his presense behind her before. "It's getting worse, you know.." She was still gazing out at the waves as she spoke. "Soon you wont be able to get me out of the water, let alone keep me from it." She giggled softly and rubbed her belly, feeling movement from within and she smiled. Lorelei turned and rested her head on her mates' shoulder, nuzzling gently into his neck, "What's this surprise you speak of?" she wondered aloud, "I thought we were going to the human world?"

(christ ... sorry sad.gif

and sorry for not being on much: just got back from 6 weeks of holiday, 2 weeks of fulltime work and then thrown back into school = tired x_x)

Kori went straight for the table in the corner and groaned to himself. These tables are for lonely people ... Which I am but I must hide this ... He spirits lifted slightly as he saw Bucket. He'd never really been close to the Siren, but their dads were good friends, so they at least knew each other. Tempted, he bit into some chicken, not wanting to make an awkward scene and waving like an idiot and screaming "Hey! Hey, Bucket! Over here!!" ... Then he'd get rejected and would looked even more lonely than he did now ...

School sucks

((it's okay, i think i've cried myself out. i went to the funeral today and his buddy was like "i can just hear him saying: i got you to admit this to hundreds of people AND i made the headlines for nearly a week, beat that my friend" he was a funny guy :3

also i have no idea what to post))

(Aw, sorry Ktav... That's sad...)

Bucket tried not to smack Kaeyla and smiled at Kori. "Hey!" He said, and cut off Kaeyla with a sharp turn, almost making her spill her food. She looked like she might steam.

Bucket sat down next to him. "You're Ryu's son right? I do know you right? Cause if not, I'm Bucket, and you look like this kid I know." He blinked. Kaeyla rolled her eyes. "I'm going to go sit with people I actually met. You know, new friends." she sneered. "You don't even know his name." She turned and walked back to a bunch of over-dressed monsters at another table. One looked like a popular human would, just with one eye. Another didn't look normal at all, but had green-colored scales on her face. All of them pretty though.

"Loser. Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're Kori. You're sister's Oine, right?"

(GARAH... PEOPLE NEED TO POST!)

Kenan jumped slightly, and a ashen pile reformed in his hand into a scroll. He looked like he paled. "No..." He murmured, and closed his eyes. "No... Aza, I must leave you for a few... I'll come back later... eventually..." He said, and sounded terrified. Kenan's arms began to tremble slightly.

Zekr smiled down at his mate, "I know, but the rate they are growing it won't be to much longer", he said with a smile. He took her hand and squeezed as lightly as he could, "going to try something new", he said as his tattoos began to pulsate and peel from his body. The bands on his arms grew until they streched around the pair and began to rotate and spin like the electrons around an atom. Soon, the world outside blured and ran together like watercolors. After a few seconds the rings stopped spinning and shrank back onto his arms. They were standing in a downpour in the middle of a quiet street. Zeke looked up at the sky and frowned, "not what I was expecting but, surprise", he said looking at her with a grin. He led her down the street until they were standing in front of a familiar house, "this is the surprise", he said, sweeping his arm towards the house, "lets go meet mom", he said, walking up to the porch.

"Kenan, is everything alright? What happened?" Aza asked, looking concerned. She came to a dead stop and frowned. She walked over and examined him closely, warm gray eyes growing more alarmed by the second. They got noticeably darker as she picked up the fear in his tone. "Eventually?" She raised an eyebrow and gently held his wrists, steadying the shaking. "What's wrong?"

Adrian paused as Aza went over to talk with Kenan, but shrugged it off. He stepped into the nearest shadow and stepped out as a two dimensional black figure. He silently crept away from the seashore. It was a rather odd sight to see a shadow without anything to cast it.

Aza paused for a moment and then reluctantly released him. "It's never nothing. You only say that when you have something you don't want to tell me." she murmured. "Alright then. I won't badger you about it." She stepped back and instinctively started putting her walls back up again. Expression unreadable, but eyes still darker gray than normal, she seemed to be arguing with herself. "If you're so worried, why don't you just go with him? Lorelei and Zeke are gone and I doubt the rest of them need you anytime soon." Adrian suggested, managing to sneak up on her.

"I would take you if I knew you weren't going to get hurt." He mumbled and sort of hugged her with one arm. It was more of a nudge than anything. He kissed her hand before he stepped back, becoming soft and blurred and was gone. The scroll was left on the ground and looked fragile, like it might return into ashes at any moment.

Edited by lycrawaterz14

"...he is the fifth most confusing person I met." Adrian muttered. "Who's fourth?" she asked, turning to him. "Jared. A telepath couldn't understand all the scientific jargon he thinks in." She raised an eyebrow and pulled the hood of her cloak up. "Who's first?" "You of course. You'd get angry if I elaborate further, so I'll keep my mouth shut." He walked over to the scroll and attempted to pick it up, but his fingers slipped right through it. They looked like dark glass for a moment. He frowned and tried again, and this time he was successful. He started to unroll it.

The scroll's writing burned into the paper, and ran like blood.

Decree of Heirs

I, Death, decree that my heir must return and retake my place within three days on pain of oblivion. Kenan must report to his station immediately to discuss formalities and confirm or deny the conditions of refute. Any and all potential complaints of our loyal reapers must be taken with accord within these three days.

The scroll dissolved.

Adrian blinked, and grimaced. ".......That was....interesting....did you know?" "Know what?" Aza asked, looking alarmed again. "So you didn't know either." he muttered. "Know what?" she demanded. "I thought he would tell you. I really did." "KNOW WHAT?!?!" "Honestly, you ought to stop overreacting." He recited the scroll for her and stopped when he noticed the stony expression on her face. Her watery gray eyes had crystalized to sharp steel points. "Are you angry with him?" "How can I be? I'm in almost the exact same predicament." She gave a rather harsh laugh and walked off. The black serpent reappeared, nodded respectfully to Adrian and followed Aza. "Where are you going?" "I don't know, but I'll tell you when I get there." she called cheerfully over her shoulder before walking off the edge of a cliff. The snake silently followed without hesitation or doubt. "Stop the world. I want to get off." Adrian quoted as he watched her go.

Kenan entered his own home within moments after disappearing from Aza's side for the first time in over twenty years.

"Father? You so rudely called?" he sighed. His home was made of many materials, the walls of assorted bone, tables and window frames of ebony, and chairs of leather. All dead materials.

"You knew this day would come, son." A raspy voice greeted him from behind a chair. His face wasn't seen or any part of him.

"I dreaded it, but yes." Kenan grudgingly sighed. There was a dry sigh. "So are you going to refute? You know what happens..."

Kenan's fists balled. "You believe I'm going to accept? Killing my wife on accident, not being able to look at my own child, only able to look at dead things? I refute." He snarled. There was pained silence. "Someone must do it. It is essential for life." "It won't be me. Besides, I don't even have to look. The reapers are complaining. I'm illegitamate. Not a full blooded reaper. You don't even know if I'll survive." He looked at the wooden floors.

"You are strong enough to take it. It isn't all bloodline. It's ability as well. You have soul-sight strong enough to make up for your lost eyesight. You are stronger than amy reaper who dares to complain..." Kenan was quiet.

"Where have you been? You haven't been reaping... Have you met someone?" His father asked. Kenan blushed a weird ashen color. "No. I am Aza's bodyguard." he mumbled. "Nothing more."

"You want to be? Something more?" Kenan stayed quiet.

"I can put you on the Semetic plea." His father sighed. "If a half-child is produced within a year of the decree of heirs then you truly are illegitamate. This is the most time I can give you..." Kenan blinked. "But..."

"Return to your human realm." Death demanded and Kenan obeyed appearing next to Aza.

"You really ought to stop popping up like that." Aza commented dryly, balanced on a rock that jutted out of the sea. She lightly leapt off the knife thin space and landed lightly on a patch of ocean that was slightly darker than the water around it. "So how'd it go?" she asked, pushing back the hood of her cloak. "Death...someone I have no particular desire to meet just yet." The snake uncoiled and swam back to shore. "Why didn't you tell me? Didn't think it would happen so soon?" Her voice held no hurt or anger and the question was neither friendly or hostile. It was the same hollow, robotic voice that she used in Court.

Adrian was watching as the snake returned. "What are they saying?" he asked, looking eager. The snake didn't reply, and curled up a few feet away.

Kenan was quiet, just barely balancing on the rocks.

"I didn't want you to leave." he murmured, but wouldn't look at her. "I don't want this, there's no need to be afraid."

Aza walked over as easily as if she were on solid ground. "I'm not leaving." she murmured. She wrapped her arms around him for a minute, and then stepped back. "I wouldn't care what you turn into. You are not getting rid of me." She smiled, a quick fleeting grin. Then her expression turned serious again. "So did you refuse or accept? There's a condition to your refusal isn't there?" she sighed. "What's the condition?"