kiramaru7

What Do You Consider an Army?

well, I dont think I have any army yet, but im working on sunstone army. I keep egglocking myself with sunstones and all of lineage projects im working on right now include sunstones xd.png SUNSTONES SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! (or my scroll at least xd.png)

Perhaps someone with artistic sense (not me, as I do not possess any such thing without a keyboard, mouse and monitor) could design something like this:

http://www.google.com/url?source=imglandin...iEY-_NAqFqQ80FA

That could be cool. The draconarius was the standard of the Dacian cohort of the Roman army, a wolf/dragon headed windsock. The Welsh dragon (many of my dragons bear the prefix Y Ddraig) is believed to be the modern day representation thereof as well.

Also, a legion is 6,000. Does anyone have 6,000 dragons, yet? I know some of us have well over 1,000. But has anyone accumulated enough to (legitimately) claim a legion, yet? *pokes sig and avatar combo* xd.png

If I look at a scroll, seeing one breed several times, and I am unable to count them together at first glance, then I consider them as an army.

The only breed I consider myself to have an army of is whiptails, thanks to my breeding them in even-gens. I've successfully made it to 6 gens with no inbreeding, and with all the original CBs on my scroll alone. I've got 67 or 68 adults (I may have miscounted) and I'm working on building a song army of frozen hatchies.

I also have a lot of winter seasonals (27 adults) compared to my totals of other breeds (BSAs excepted), so I'd consider that a small army.

I consider an army to be over 30 at least. o3o

I have armies of blacks, silvers, golds, and tinsels. |D

I am working on having an army of stripe. I consider an army 30 or more dragons.

It could be one general badge shown on the scroll, but when you click on it(just like the easter egg basket), you can see all of the different earned badges for different dragon species on a special army badge page.

I'd think I'd like to see evolving badges.. the first 50 of a species the badge is small picture of the dragon species with a bronze circle or square border around it. When you hit 100 of that species, the border color changes to silver. When you hit 200, the color changes to gold.

I like the easter basket idea. Maybe once you get to that page, that's where the different evolving badges could be. That would keep it from cluttering the top of the scroll page, leaving room for more badges in the future.

Oh... and this is probably crazy thinking, I don't know what all goes into coding or making a website so I don't know how hard this would be, but what if while you're on the army page, you can click on a species badge and it shows only that breed on that user's scroll. Almost like a filtering system. I know most people keep their breeds together on their scroll, but some people have personal sorting orders that don't.

To me, army just means a lot. I'm working on a Red army, and my goal's 75, so I have enough incubates to always incubate every one of my eggs.

The hardest part won't be getting 75 Reds, but going through them all to see which ones still have incubates left. |D

I think it really depends on how big your scroll is and what /you/ consider an army. If a person just got their 50th dragon, but say 23 of them are Pebbles, that's a small army. I guess I judge mostly by sight: If I spend more than a few seconds scrolling through them all (if they're concentrated), I tend to call it an army.

It depends on the person. To me, an army is what type of the dragon is the most on the scroll, in this case for me, pinks/reds/purples collected when their BSAs were being announced and me thinking I might use their BSAs often.

I just realized too that I currently have fifty blacks (second only to my Vamps) so I guess I'm building an army there too.

I've always thought of an army as a large number of dragons that you collect just in order to have more of them. For instance, I have 65 adult Darkmyst Pygmys (and counting) but they're all for a PB even-gen lineage, and I have no interest in any that don't fit that lineage. So to me that's not an army, just a lot. On the other hand, 10 of something could be an army if your scroll is small and if you're grabbing them because you can't resist the breed.

For my birthday, I wanted to make it to 100 CB magis and I've made it. All I can say is that my "addiction" to the orange has grown for having this many.

I know my scroll isn't big at all, but I always grab nebulas when I see them and I have 15 of them so far, but I bet I'll reach 30 or so before Christmas. I only have around 170 or so dragons in all.

Well, considering that Some people have to wait 3- 13 days to earn an adult dragon, this is a hard call.

I'd consider past 40 dragons of any kind an army, maybe 20 to 30 for rares

To me, an army is however big you want it to be. There is no specific number. It depends on the person, the type of dragon, and many other factors. It's all an opinion.

I'm working on an army of CB Pillows. Currently there are 26 adults, 4 hatchlings, and 4 eggs to this army. At this rate, I'm hoping to make it to 100 by next July, which is when my birthday is. I'm fairly certain I will. But I'm going to have to put Pillow-collecting on hold for the Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine releases. I'll squeeze in some CB Pillows between the holidays so I can keep up with my army construction. I'm considering starting a massive even-gen lineage with my Pillows once I reach a larger amount. That would be awesome!

However many it takes for it to be obvious that a person is deliberately collecting a specific kind of dragon. I'd say 30+ for large scrolls and 10+ for small ones.

I consider more than 40-50 an army.

I don't have armies, just herds of about 20-30.

Except for my 58 pygmies.

And my 54 vampires.

Oops.

Edited by soullesshuman

I think it depends on the certain user scroll length. 30 is nothing for 500+ dragon scroll but for the 50 one... Though collecting and hoarding dragons is personal, so you are free to call 20 dragons an army if you want it, or call it just a herd even if you have more than 50. It also may depend on the effort which was put in raising and catching the dragons, rarity(e x hoarding pumpkins or black marrows) or be relative to the quantity of the other breeds on the scroll. Some people have scrolls with the favourite dragon armies, others have small number of couples of every breed excepting one army. There are many ways to put the word "army" in collecting dragons.

There are 36 Magis, 39 Purples because of my breeding project and 29 Reds for BSAing, I don't think that they can be called armies, but maybe in the future...

Numerically, in my opinion, I'd set the number around 50ish. However, I usually assume someone has an army if I'm scrolling through a breed-sorted scroll and get to the point where I'm like "Just how many Xs does this person have...?" xd.png

Well, considering that Some people have to wait 3- 13 days to earn an adult dragon, this is a hard call.

I'd consider past 40 dragons of any kind an army, maybe 20 to 30 for rares

3 is too few...you can raise an adult from a 7 day egg in 6 days.

13, you pretty much have a dead dragon on your hands, an egg and hatchling can only last a combined 14 days.

3 is too few...you can raise an adult from a 7 day egg in 6 days.

I get adult dragons in three days or less sometimes...it's called snagging hatchlings or ER eggs from the AP. tongue.gif

Edit: Or trading for them. lol

Edited by Derranged