kiramaru7

What Do You Consider an Army?

back when moonstones first came out I got like 50 of them in a month

(offered tinsels)

was in the record book for a while,

then someone got over 200 0__0 for my moonstones' ages it's still a impressive number

Technically speaking, an army of war would be like, 1,000,000 + people tongue.gif, so I guess with dragons, in my eyes it would be somewhere in the 100's? After all they are much bigger and destructive than people. I haven't read too many fantasy books to get a whim of exactly how much dragons are in a clan/traveling pack (for example, in E. E. Knight's Age of Fire series, book #1 shows that dragons are very solitary, while in book #3, it shows that dragons all lived together by the hundreds).

I currently have 325 pillows (2 of which are growing, 323 adults, I think around 50 are caveborn(?)) and I plan to hit 1,000 (BWAHAHA Pillows taking over the world!) adults total, with no frozens. biggrin.gif

I also have (adults) 105 Shadowwalkers, 124 golds, 137 vines, and 140 blacks. I guess you can say I have a couple of armies.

I don't think it really matters how many you have. I only have 2 frozen Whiptail hatchlings but I still consider it an army. It's an army because I love Whiptails so much and I'll trade really rare things for them! For example, right now I'm trying to trade a CB Vamp egg for a couple Whiptail hatchlings.

I think it's however many dragons are put into an effort. For example -- I have a small army of reds, whites, pinks, and tinsels. I don't think many people would consider it an army, mostly because my scroll doesn't have 500 dragons yet.

I don't army on DC but I do on MagiStream. I start my armies when I have at least ten of a creature, and consider them armies when I have at least twenty.

I love my Blacks. <3 I currently have 60~

I also love Silvers. Can hardly bare to give them away. Only 13.

Enough to fill a screen on normal zoom, and then enough to make you say, wow, that's a lot biggrin.gif So, 1.5 screens full I would call a small army.

So my 23 Black Pearl Lineage pygmies just qualify as an army, in my view. Well, with 5 CB eggs waiting it soon will do! Although that's two breeds combined...

An Army for me, is a breed, stage or theme you really like and that you are collecting more of than you would ever do with other dragons. As for numbers.. anything below 100 is a soon-to-be-army or a growing army for me. Altough this number might also differ from breed to breed as I would definitely consider 50ish CB Metallic Golds an army wink.gif )

If something goes above the 1000... then I'd call it an invasion ehehehe

As for my army... I need to count hehe

311 adult Balloons [cb, naming and lineage projects]

25 frozen Balloonies

I just realized that I need moar.. MOAR! *-*

I consider my 29 Spitfires and 27 Pinks "mini-armies" (or just collections) - I'd need to collect more to really consider them armies. For awhile I was grabbing Spits from the AP whenever I didn't have a specific scroll goal just because they were there and I liked them.

I've been adding to my Deep Sea collection recently and thinking of starting another mini-army...

I think for commons I consider around 100 to be an army - I usually get distracted before I get that many of any one breed though!

Don't forget the frozen armies wub.gif They can span over any breed or rarity. I'm on 84 right now, and I can't wait to freeze more of those nasty blockers xd.png

My armies are all part of lineages - Flames of Perfection (Red & Magma), Pure Magma, Pure Stripes and the Seasonal Lineage Project.

Red - 131

Stripe - 238 (WST - 52, GST - 102, BST - 54, RST - 21, BlSt - 9)

Magma - 134

Seasonals - 434 (Summer - 127, Autumn - 111, Winter - 102, Spring - 94)

My personal goals for 'army' size (although I'd probably start referring to them as an army once I reached 20-30) is 50, although I agree that addiction to that breed pays a large part in deciding whether or not I call one of my breed collections an army.

For breeds that breed once in dozens of tries, no amount is an army.

If you can breed 7 or more eggs of a certain dragon on demand each week without fail, consider that your first true army

I have 160 whiptails, including 24 frozen hatchies, which is easily my largest collection of any one breed. I consider it an army mostly because of how much space they take up on my scroll and because people go "wow" when they see it. tongue.gif Almost all of them are part of a peresonal breeding project I'm working on--just PB even-gens, but it takes a lot of dragons to add another gen once you get up there. (6th-gen is the highest I've gotten so far.)

I think an army is anything that's past your set goal, plus 20. Yeah, that's oddly specific I know, I just made it up on the spot! But it seems about right to me. After all, I usually don't collect more than four adults of any breed. Sometimes I make exceptions for really nice lineages, but that usually doesn't bring me above ten or so. after that, it's pretty obvious that you want to collect them all the time.

My army is, of course, my brigade of 332 skywings (and always counting!). Almost all of them are part of my Helix even-gen lineage which requires a LOT of caveborns. Now with the craziness going on in the coast, I sometimes don't know whether to go for the skywings or the blusangs!

I think an army would be relative. If you're a new user with less than 100 dragons, then 30 of the same breed would be an army. If you're a long-time user with lots of dragons then you'd probably have armies of 100+. Like me: I've been around for a couple of years, have some of every dragon, but my army is 186 Pillows.

Maybe I just came here because I like to brag about my Pillows :3

On my own scroll, I think I consider it an army at about 50. But I don't stop there. My armies are bigger than that but only two breeds, guardians and royal blues. I have 451 adult guardians and 127 royal blues. biggrin.gif

I have ~210 Purple Dorsals so far not counting frozen hatchlings or ones that are still growing (if I counted right), ~224 counting them. Not counting it as an army until I have at least an entire page full of them (I might, actually. I have some of them in different parts of my scroll than the rest of them for various reasons.) I want several pages full of them, though. :V

I should also mention I'm kind of selective and I generally throw messy-lineaged ones back in the AP, so pretty much every dorsal in my army (barring Warmer In The Basement, who I got before I seriously started on this army) is nicely lineaged, or nicely enough anyways.

Edited by Pika_Oi

For me I go by percentages (roughly)

* up to 5% it's posse

* 5-10% is a a swarm

* 10-15% is a horde

* 15-25% is an army

* 25-50% is a passion

* 50% and more is a serious obsession wink.gif

Off the top of my head, of my roughly 900 dragons I have swarms of reds and pinks and an evergrowing horde of mints. My mints wll be an army sometime due to a personal lineage project and I have trouble resisting reds which are close to becoming a horde. I know I have several posses of the other BSA dragons, too.

I haven't worked towards any armies yet, but if I did, I think I'd aim for 100. That seems like a good army number to me. I have 37 red dragons and I definitely don't count that as an army.

And if I were to start an army, I think I'd want to do it from scratch. For example, aim to get another 100 red dragons from that point.

~890 waters and counting laugh.gif

Oh wow! How long did that take you!?!?

Im working on an eletric army, 15 or so and counting :/

Oh wow! How long did that take you!?!?

Im working on an eletric army, 15 or so and counting :/

I have also started working on an electric army xd.png

I consider it an army once you have more than one hundred (prior to that it's more like a militia ^^). I'm hoping to expand my ridgewing army to two hundred and beyond.