DragonGirl10188

Dragon's Lair

((You said blue again... user posted image))

"Aurora has extensive trade routes, both on land and sea. So yes I had soup before" Explained Caleb as he contiuned to dry the meat, making sure all the juices were sealed on the inside. After about ten more minutes, the meat was finally dry enough that it wouldn't rot for a good while. He looked at Kya, a question had been plaguing his mind since they got this assignment. "Doesn't this seems odd to you? Our first mission is making sure two races of dragons don't die out, its the type of thing you give to your most trusted members..." Explained Caleb as he gazed at the fire, the sunstone egg shaking and beating ever so slowly.

(( *facepalm* epic fail ))

Kya wasn't listening until she heard the question. "Yah, I know" She said in a slang voice. She blinked and looked at her hatchling, asleep. "Astrana you little cutie" She muttered and sat up. She saw steam and picked out the water with a stick then got up. "I'm gonna go find some mints or things for the soup and set a few traps for animals. We need lots of food" Kya smiled.

She walked into the forest. She looked around for some herbs, but nothing was found. Then she saw rocket and mints sprouting from the ground. She picked them and stuffed them into the bag. Kya collected roots as a rope and sticks. She set at least 6 traps up and a colourful banner at each to see them in the morning. She went back to the camp and threw the mints in. "Let them settle for half an hour to disolve and make it more tasteful" She put it back in the fire.

Because Kya was an acquaintance, and they had to work together on the mission, he turned a blind eye to her wishes to go hunt. He just sat at the camp, staring at the fire. He didn't know why, but it was so hypnotic...the roar of a dragon echoed in his mind, shouts and battle cries...Sir Gallant's final effort to kill the dragon...all for naught...his screams enveloped by the dragon's roaring flames. Suddenly, he heard Kya talking, causing him to lose that train of thought. "Huh...oh, yea" He said, rubbing his eyes.

(oh..sorry..didn't notice the mistake ^^")

Rie nodded to Triana and made her way to the stables with the others where the dragons were kept. There were a bunch of adult dragons there, and she listened as Pete introduced them to the group. "May I have Sayni?" she asked Pete politely. She figured the water walker is a good choice.

Kya smiled, knowing he was not listening. She sighed and waited for half an hour.

She pulled the container out with a stick then opened it. The soup was ready. She stole some cut meat and placed it in for a minute then pulled it out. "Meat soup" She shrugged, trying to think of a name. Kya took her empty drinkbottle and poured half in, she gave the container to him, and started drinking. Once she had some soup to make her throat better, she picked the meat out. "We'll save a few." She sighed, taking one and cutting it with her hunting knife.

"Scree! Scree, scree!" Kya heard the screams of an animal. "That'll be one of the traps" She muttered, stepping up onto her bare feet and disappearing into the wild. She walked 30 meters to a red banner, and a boar was hanging upside down with it's hoof on a rope in a tree. She pulled it down with a simple rope she had prepared and with a stab to the chest, it was dead. She sat down and skinned it, then threw it in her bag.

Kya with her soft, pale hand and leaned against the tree. She yawned in a quiet voice and her exhuastion caused her to close her eyes. She soon was asleep out in the dark jungle. Sounds rattled around her, bugs shuffling, birds squawking at their young, an old owl, everything you'd hear in a movie about someone living in the jungle. The main sound was a little cricket chirping away.

=====================================================

Pete nodded at her and turned to lure Sayni in close. The water walker carefully trodded up and sniffed at her rider. She backed away to give space then stepped forward to Pete. "Now, a test drive. I'll show you how to ride her. The basic things are that to speed her up you'll have to kick her side softly with one of your feet/shoes. She'll speed up. To make her slow down, pull your legs into her side and she'll do it. If she becomes stubborn, Sayni will go back to following commands if you give her some meat. No fruit or leaves or anything like that. Mmm, k?" He told her.

Melody nodded to Triana and followed Rie, carefully putting Ashta in bag that she wore all the time. She stopped next to her new friend, looking at avaliable dragons. "Um... May I have Silver?" She asked. The silver dragon seemed fast and beautiful and she somehow liked her already.

A while later and Eiserne picked up some noises. From a distance, a group of men were approaching the nest, looking very shifty. From the way they moved, she assumed them to be muggets as the began to make their way into the nest.

Zack glanced at the dragons. "I'll take Carik," he said. He'd ridden dragons before in the village but never a magma. He was eager to try riding it. Would it need a saddle? Or would he ride on it's skin and if he did would it be hot?

Pete gave the requested dragons to their riders. "Go on a test drive 'round the pasture if you want" He sighed.

The mugget moved quickly in and odd position, he had his sling to hold the eggs. He muttered and looked behind him, 7 other men were behind, each with a sling. Everyone of them had scruffy hair and dirty, disgusting clothes. He turned back to the front and gave them a signal behind his back. They snuck forward until the scents of the eggs were very strong. He was the first to grab a guardian of nature, and the rest started to collect the eggs.

"Someone is watching!" A scrawny little man yelled, pointing to a figure in the bushes. "Get it" He growled, sheathing his knife.

Eiserne pulled out her knives and threw them, aiming at the mugget's vital parts. She charged from the bush and swung her sword in a horizontal slash across the scrawny man's throat, making sure that he couldn't speak anymore. She then glanced at the rest and charged at them with her sword, slashing their hands off their wrist so that they dropped the eggs.

Edited by Vocalia

Mina was sitting on her bed with a rather large pink egg in her lap. She hummed quietly as she wiped off the shell with a white cloth. She had been feeling the hatchling inside move quite a bit and hoped that meant it would hatch soon. Part of her had worried that since it didn't have the warmth of the incubator anymore, it wouldn't hatch.

Her suspicions were quickly dismissed when she heard a rather loud crack. She looked down to see that the shell of the egg was beginning to split. She gasped a bit and watched the egg with wide eyes as it cracked more and more. Finally, a pink head popped out; the rest of its body soon followed much more awkwardly. Mina smiled warmly at the display.

The pink hatchling looked up at the girl and let out a squeak. Mina picked it up and began to examine it--er, her. She looked healthy enough.

"Welcome to the world, little one," Mina whispered.

Caleb watched as Kya left for the jungle, then turned his attention to the fire. If she got lost, then he would follow his own advice and wait till morning. Even though she was a woman, she looked like she could handle herself out there. Once the fire began to die down, he took three of the rocks that she put in and placed them inside his sleeping bag. Cuddling up to Maya, he fell asleep as the world he knew turned black.

Tyme smiled and looked around at her choices. She thought long and hard on her decision. "Hmm... I'll take... Dahlila!" She stepped forward and looked around for the dragon, hoping she would be nice. "But first..." She looked back at Pete. "What should I do with him?" She glanced down at the horse hatchling, almost asleep in her arms. "Don't I need my hands to balance?"

"His natural instincts will tell him to stay behind you or in your lap. He won't fall; it's a dragons mind that says that" Pete told, waving his hand to signal Dahlila. The dragon raced over and turned her head to the side.

====================================================

The man just stared at her as his throat bled. He couldn't talk nor could he move. He soon found himself slipping to the ground and looking up at her with the experssion How could you? His eyes whitened and he fell into a death.

Many men fell with blood over their body. The leader looked at her with slit eyes and laughed in an evil voice. He took his sword and threw it to her.

Iris flew down, breaking the knife in it's flight. She muttered and quickly gathered the eggs into the nest. "Go get him" She smirked.

;Timeskip;

Kya opened her eyes, expecting to see the camp in front of her face. She sighed and rubbed her forehead, giving a grunt of pain. She pulled out her drinkbottle and had the rest of her soup, then ate some of the meat. Her vision spotted the dead boar- which she didn't remember. "How'd you get there" She sighed, slinging it over her shoulder and getting up in a dazy way. She staggered forward, hoping to the the camp.

Eiserne dashed towards the man, her bloody sword aiming to impale at him. Now that the mugget leader had discarded his own sword, she knew there was little he could do to defend himself. Her face showed no signs of arrogance or joy, merely an emotionless, stony face with her golden eyes piercing into the leader's evil eyes.

He took a sharp rock from the ground below. He threw it at the white dragon, it dug into her shoulder, piercing her scales. Iris roared in pain then muttered something in draconice. The rock fell out and the wound closed; after all, she was a healing type of dragon.

Seeing Iris being hurt, Eiserne didn't think twice to impale the mugget through his heart. The sword pierced into and out of his back before she pulled the weapon out. The sharp steel was covered in blood from tip to hilt, a small part of her hand also covered in the crimson fluid. Her cold eyes stared at the man as he fell to his death.

((I thought you said that Iris was a Silver Dragon.))

Edited by Vocalia

(( I said white. She has a silver egg; maybe that was the confusion? ))

The man fell before Iris' eyes. "I think they won't come back. Ever" She sighed in relief, looking down on her eggs. "To reward you Eiserne..." She took a moment to think and then dediced with a large smile on her maw. "You can take an egg" She said sweetly.

(( Egg choices: (I didn't include most of these when I said what eggs she had, but, yeah)

NOTE: Keep these longer than usual if you wish, and you'll only get one unless I say otherwise.

A dark myst pygmy; It looks larger than a normal pygmy egg. Male

Two guardian of natures; They both seem fairly ordinary and look very alike, they are sisters so if you want one, you have to take the other and raise them together.

A daydream; It looks brighter and is the most healthiest of all the eggs. Male.

Electric; This one has a large crack in it, it'll take a day to hatch unlike the others. Male

Seawyrm; It seems pale and could turn out to be a dwarf pygmy. Female

Three whites; Each different. One has an unusual marking that can't be covered. Each are healthy and nothing is wrong with them. Male, and two females.

Gold; A brilliant egg but the last to hatch. It'll take 7 days in real life.

Rosebud; Just a usual egg of the batch.

((I hate you for making me choose... DX))

Eiserne looked around at the eggs, seeing how they move about. Some have shown signs of hatching, while others were still in their early stages. Some looked special while others didn't stand out much from the rest. Her eyes laid on two look-alike eggs. Guardian eggs, what she could infer from the colors and marking of the egg. There were two of them, but she knew she was only allowed to choose one so she picked one of the Guardian egg, unaware that the two eggs were sisters. "I'll take this." She said to Iris.

Iris smiled with widened, purple eyes. "You'll have to take her sister aswell" She told.

((( o.o ))

Rie carefully approached the female water walker. She extended a hand to her, carefully stroking her head. "Hello there..." she said with a warm smile, hoping that Sayni wouldn't have any problem with her. "Think she'll let me ride her?" asked Rie to Pete.

(( By the way, will you be the one who narrates Sayni?))

Eiserne glanced at the other Guardian egg. Without hesitation, she picked the second one with her, carrying the two Guardian eggs with her sword on its sheath and her knives still scattered in the bodies of the muggets. She put down the eggs, picked up and cleaned her knives before hiding them back under her sleeves. She then picked the two eggs again and looked at Iris. "Is there anything else?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just thank you very much" Iris nodded sweetly, nudging her eggs into the warmth. "Take good care of them" She warmly smiled.

(( If I wanna at the time. If I'm too busy, control your own dragon ))

Sayni widened her eyes and shuffled her muzzle into the girl's arm. The rippling ground under her stopped as she stay still. "She likes you. Of course" Pete answered, watching as Sayni turned to her side, offering to give a ride.

Eiserne nodded silently and left with another polite bow to the dragoness. She departed with the new eggs. She was, at first, surprised to learn that they were sisters, but she then went to a trip down her bloody and hazy memory lane, remembering how bitter her childhood was. The eggs looked ordinary and she thought that nobody would be kind enough to give them a chance to bond with other fanisia. Reminiscing how she was given a chance, she wanted to make sure that the eggs would hatch and live a fulfilling life.

((Lol when they return Vita will be looking at his hatchling going "Why did you hatch when you did?"))

The group had left so he sat there as his egg slowly got a crack here and a crack there then a tiny hole here and there. He peer in side and see the hatchling moving around. Though something was wrong. It had begin to let out squeaks a lot. He wondered why till it tried to push through the shell and had no luck. He got the idea and took both hands and opened the egg him self. A small blue hatchling tumbled out looking like it had given up just to see the world. She let out a suprized squeak and looked around. She saw Vita first so she though he was her parent and snuggled up against him. He stroked her small body and sat there.