DragonGirl10188

Dragon's Lair

Triana came in from the next room. "I'm so sorry you two! I was just helping our vets, Jinx has a broken leg" She sighed and sat down at her desk. She pulled her ponytail out to uncover beautiful dirty blonde hair. She smiled at herself then looked up. "Well... I can't really explain much since it's up to Iris... but you'll be working with two other people, both of you. The first floor, just turned a right to meet Eiserne and opposite her room is Xeli. Xeli has no idea about this, so don't surprise her too much; and I'm sure shes shy... she hasn't stepped out from her room one bit. They'll explain about Iris, then you'll all go to meet her. Eiserne nows where" She told them.

((Xeli...she one of your characters?))

Marcelon looked from Triana to Amelia and back again, mulling over this possibility. He was not a horribly social person, so teaming up with others would be difficult. On top of this, it appeared his three companions would be female.

"Wonderful," he thought to himself, "what a time to have to deal with people."

He held out his hand towards the small ember dragon, who promptly climbed up his arm and curled around Marcelon's neck.

"Seraph." he mumbled with finality. "Your name is Seraph."

Finally, he focused back on the task at hand. "I will do whatever is required of me," he said, fingering the hilt of the sword at his belt. Without thinking, he tensed inwardly at the thought of working with three strangers, three women, and his fingers tightened around the hilt. He turned to Amelia and waited for her response.

Edited by philpot123

(( Yup. I just haven't been rping with her. I've been waiting. Shes very shy... and won't want to do the quest. But she will :X ))

Zack rode the magma back to the group. "So, where are the incubators?" He asked, sliding off of the massive magma dragon. He heard another crack in his backpack to he set it down and took the egg out. There was a crack all the way around the egg. He watched as the small dragon inside shoved against the egg. The crack widened until finally the two sides of the egg broke apart. The small black hatchling lay on its back, looking up at Zack.

Amelia looked from Triana to Marcelon and back, trying to guess what they were thinking and wondering why this quest was so shrouded in secrecy. "O-okay, I accept the mission," she replied to Triana. She was anxious about leaving this place of relative safety, but was glad that she would soon be helping dragons. She turned to Marcelon, who looked very serious and deadly, seeming totally unafraid of using his weapon. "Um..." she began cautiously, "I'll go speak to Xeli, if you'll talk to Eiserne. I mean, that is if you want to. I will if you don't want to, though we might prepare faster if we split up... But..." She felt her face growing warm as her last words trailed off. "Erm, sorry.." She picked up her hatchling and hurried out of the room and went down the corridor Triana had indicated. She paused when she reached the end and knocked quietly on the door on the left side of the hall. "Hello?" she called softly, "Is this Xeli's room? Triana sent me to speak with you..."

Before Marcelon had a chance to respond, Amelia had run off towards the rooms. She seemed to be blushing as she headed off.

"Hm." Marcelon thought, "Maybe THAT'S why I don't talk to people regularly. They don't seem to want to talk to me at least."

Marcelon adjusted the sword belted to his back, and tightened his grip on the one at his waist. Reaching up to his neck, he took Seraph in his hands and held him quietly in his arms. He walked down the hall to the door across from where Amelia stood knocking. Marcelon tapped softly on the door to the room he had been told belonged to Eiserne, listening for a response.

Edited by philpot123

Pete smiled warmly. "Just go into the stables. You should see some nifty incubators you can strap to your incubators. There should be more than all of you can handle, get a saddle and sadlebag. Thats all you need, and strap it to them. Reins and such hurt the dragon."

=====================================================

Xeli blinked in surprise at the knocking and voice. She looked down at Kuyan who was staring up at her with his large, brown eyes. "Stay" She told him with a sigh then approached the door.

She peaked out and saw a girl. "Oh. Um. Hi... Come in?" She didn't know how to react at all. Xeli opened the door to let her in and sat on her bed. Her shoulders squared, "She wants me to do a mission?".

Rie nodded as she listened to Pete's orders and slowly dismount Sayni. She gave her a gentle stroke."Stay for a while, kay?" she said as she went to get the incubators.

"Yes, we're supposed to go on a mission together," Amelia replied, stepping into the room. "I'm Amelia," she told Xeli, giving her a friendly smile. "There will also be two others coming, Eiserne and Marcelon. I'm not sure what we're going to be doing, but we're meeting a dragon named Iris. Eiserne knows where she is." Ace began to wiggle in her arms and nipped at her bag, so she pulled out a little biscut and gave it to him. As he ate, she continued, "Is this your first mission, too?"

"Yes" Xeli answered. She looked at her and smiled warmly- she was nice. "Nice to meet you. This is Kuyan" She looked at the Dark Myst Pygmey hatchling seated next to her, looking as she fed the biscuits. "I'll give you some honey cake" She whispered to him, remembering dragons loved honey cake, and surprisingly it was great for their health. She trudded over to the fridge and grabbed a whole plate of 10 she had prepared.

Xeli sat down on her bed and ate on herself, while half was given to Kuyan. "Want any?" She asked.

Zack watched the female black hatchling. It squeaked and rolled right-side up. I shakily walked over beside the egg shell and began munching on the egg. Zack grinned and headed for the stables, figuring the black hatchling would be okay to leave alone for a bit. He opened the doors of the stable doors and quickly grabbed a saddle that looked like it would work well on the magma. It already had saddlebags attached to it so he headed back out. The black hatchling was almost done with its meal. By the time Zack had strapped the saddle on the magma she was done. He headed back for the stables, flanked by the black hatchling.

((Oh, thanks Pete. You'll respond for Reb, but not me. *rolls eyes* I see how it is. *Humph*))

Tyme nodded and let herself slide off of Dahlila's back, landing carefully on her feet. She patted the Terrae on the shoulder, "You hold on a minute, okay? I'll be right back."

She turned around and walked over to join Zack. When he pulled off his backpack to reveal a new hatchling, she held back a squee. When he stood again, she smiled to him. "She's a cutie."

Following into the stables, she quickly found the many saddles and found one that would fit. Luckily, Terrae dragons don't have spines or plates on their back, or else a saddle would be near impossible. She took one and walked back over to Dahlila. Tossing it onto her back, she reached under and grabbed the girth. She tightened it and the saddle was pulled snug. She smiled at her handiwork and walked back inside for a saddlebag.

She found one by the rest of the saddles and ran over, quickly strapping it on. She found Zack again and looked around. "Now for the incubators."

A soft tap on her door prompted Eiserne to leave the hatchlings to their own devices. Opening the door, she found a man standing in front of her doorstep. The sight of his sword didn't scare her. That, and she was slightly fixated on the little hatchling in his arms before looking back into his eyes with her piercing golden eyes.

Marcelon noticed with pleasure that at least this was one person who did not seem intimidated by him. In fact, the measure of indifference he felt was almost a relief. He straightened as she looked into his eyes and spoke.

"The Lady Triana has told us, myself and the girl Amelia, of a mission. We are to receive details from Iris. She seemed to believe you would know where to find her."

The difference in her attitude towards him gave him a new level of confidence. He could manage with this one. Maybe he could even trust her.

"Iris?" Upon hearing the familiar name, Eiserne grew somewhat curious. "Yes, I know where to find her." She replied to the man with a calm, yet serious tone. For some reason, the man seemed to be relieve although Eiserne didn't know why he was. "I shall take you both to her." She nodded at him as if knowing what he wanted from her.

"Wonderful." Marcelon replied, his words betraying a flat tone that said he wasn't very enthusiastic about the mission. "Amelia is fetching another girl, Xeli, just across the hall. We should find them and go on our way I suppose."

He turned away from the room, putting Eiserne at his back. He self consciously shifted his shoulders and tugged on the strap across his chest, marking the short sword slung across his back. Seraph scurried up his arms and around his neck once again, perfectly comfortable anywhere he could perch, but almost jumping off towards a flickering torch hanging on the wall. His fingers rested on the sword at his hip as he marched across the hall, assuming Eiserne would follow him.

Edited by philpot123

"Yes, I'll try some. Thank you," Amelia replied, taking a piece off the plate and tasting it. It was delicious, but it also reminded her of home before she had become an outcast. Yes, she might not have gotten along well with her father, but her mother had been kind to her. Shaking her head to clear it, she asked, "Are you ready to meet the others? We should probably discuss strategy, supplies, and other details before we leave."

Eiserne did follow Marcelon down the hall, but only after she made sure that the three hatchlings were kept away from anything that could potentially be harmful for them. Carrying her knives beneath her sleeves, she walked with a silent, yet elegant stride behind the bored man. She was actually more interested in the young hatchling currently curled up around his neck rather than the man himself. However, being someone that rarely, if never, voiced her own opinion, she kept her thoughts to herself.

As Marcelon crossed the hall towards Xeli's room, Seraph made a contented noise somewhere between a growl and a groan. Marcelon glanced over his shoulder at Eiserne and noticed her interest in the young dragon. "This is Seraph by the way. He seems pleased to meet you." he said as they arrived at the door across the hall, waiting outside for Xeli and Amelia.

Eiserne moved closer towards the young dragon and gave the little hatchling a gentle stroke on his head. Other fanisia noted that she had her own ways with dragons, but she was awkward when it came to humans. She didn't really understand why either, but she seemed to be able to befriend a lot of dragons.

Xeli nodded to Amelia and stepped out, examing the fine wood used to build the cabins. She looked at her and then looked at the other two people. She rubbed her eyes and sighed. "Kuyan" She looked down, seeing a little, black, pygmey hatchling running at her feet. She picked him up and placed him in her backpack, letting him poke his head out.

(( Imma tired, K? ))