DragonGirl10188

Dragon's Lair

((Well, you said that I can choose any of the available eggs and Guardians have strong defenses. The rest are just for show and impractical to raise if I saw it through Eiserne's POV. So do you also want to control Alte?))

Eiserne wouldn't normally show any bits of emotion, but she felt right at home with the dragons, giggling softly as Kleine started her antics with the biscuits. She picked the young Guardian up and put her on the bed before putting some of the biscuits for her. "You can't eat them all." She said to the little hatchling and handed some for Leo and Alte. Leo chirped happily and nudged Alte towards Eiserne's hand, where the food lied there for her to eat.

(( Yup. And... what did you just say? blink.gif ))

Alte snorted at her younger sister, rolling over onto her side. The little dragon shuffled her paws and giggled as Leo pushed her, so she crawled forward instead. She bit them off slowly, one by one and ate them. They tasted nice, the first food ever. She got the last one and put it in front of Leo's paws, wanting him to have it.

Kleine rubbed her nose again as she sneezed then jumped down off the bed, she chirped as her body landed on the ground with a thump. Ignoring it, she raced off to the mountain agaian and attempted climbing. Soon she was back in the bag of food, chomping away at the brown biscuits. She pulled her head out and started at the pile on the ground; knowing exacly what to do. She heard her sister snort in disbelief then turned to see her looked back at Leo.

Kleine 'fell' down on purpose, landing in the food. Some splattered, while some took her to the bottom. She could see the kitchen ground only. She looked up with wide purple eyes to see the ceiling had overlapped with brown tiles. She shuffled her head up and noticed that she was in the pile, and her head was now looking around from the top of the food. She squeaked and ate one.

(( Kleine's my favourite xP. Look at her go ))

((Nevermind... ^^; ))

Leo blushed and happily ate the last biscuit. However, he was soon hungry for more and, looking at Kleine, the Sunstone chirped excitedly. "I wanna join too!!" He growled and jumped from the bed, gliding down with his hatchling wings. He landed just beside the pile and began chomping down the biscuits on the bottom. Eiserne could only smile and giggle as she watched the two hatchlings devour the snacks she had been saving up. She picked Alte from the bed and put her down beside the pile of food before moving to the biscuit bag and tying it shut. She didn't think that letting the hatchling eat so many biscuits was a good idea so she pulled out some berries and more roast chicken meat for them. She intended to have some for herself, but seeing the ravenous hatchlings made her change her mind. The fanisia crouched down beside the rambunctious trio of hungry dragons and watched with an innocent glee as they played in the mountain of food.

((Aww... I wanna hug her!! xd.png))

Melody was excited as Silver started running. She is so fast! She thought. She almost squealed cheerfully when the silver dragon started gliding. Ashta climbed out of the backpack, squeaking with excitement, trying to reach Silver's shining skin. Melody nudged her back gently and turned back to dragon she was riding on. "You broke your tail?" She asked. "And sprained shoulder?" She added and continued. "What happened? Does it hurt?" Her voice was more and more worried as she spoke.

Mina had gently wrapped the newborn hatchling in a warm towel before going downstairs. In truth, she wasn't totally sure what to do now. All of the eggs that her dragons at home had laid... She didn't even want to think about that. Instead, she just focused on the little pink hatchling curled up in her arms as she arrived at the first floor. Maybe someone there could help her out.

She needs a name... Mina found herself thinking. Ugh, I've never been good with names... What should I name her...?

"Yes, you are right" Kya said in a whisper without hesitation, remembering her mission. She sighed, wondering what would happen if her little moonstone egg died. She looked up down at Astrana and stroked her head. "I'll go get some ambrosia... It'll cure it for a few weeks. She has either a simple cold, or Yanuai" She whinced, feeling her hatchlings annoyance at the sneezing. She couldn't bother to explain what Yanuai was, her mother had told her about dragons many times before. She ventured back into the forest, and not far off she found the flower of ambrosia, she picked a few just incase they needed it in the future.

Caleb remained silent as he began to pack up his stuff. If this spring they were going to was full of life and healing and whatever, then it would cure her dragon with no problems. Maya crawled back into his backpack, Which she thought was now her 'lair'. Re'ja, on the other hand was determined to walk the rest of the way. Once Kya came back, Caleb picked up Re'ja as he squirmed in his arms. "If we go now, we might reach the spring by nightfall.." Said Caleb, wishing that it would be true.

Silver sighed. No, not at all. Pete managed to heal it so it will never hurt; but I can't fly anyway She told her.

=====================================================

Kya emerged and was already packing by the time she had squeezed liquid from the flower into her hatchling's mouth. Astrana sneezed once more, but stopped once she had swallowed it.

Kya happily started packing everything, she left the traps and noticed there was one cut piece of large meat no one could fit. She sighed and gave it to Astra, noticing she was hungry.

=====================================================

Alte sighed and pulled out a few from the group a foot away, then sat down with them in her front paws; eating. She looked at her sister and Leo, then giggled.

Kleine muttered something at her sister then started eating the berries, saving five for the others. She ate all of the chicken and was off at the fireplace, wanting warmth. She looked up at the fire with wide eyes. Why am I getting hotter? She wondered, scratching her paw. She lay down in front of it and let the heat it.

Kleine's head suddenly popped up and looked at the fire; she had an idea. Was it food? She swung herself onto her legs and crawled up into the cave with the raging fire in it, she approached and used her jaws to chomp up some food- but it just burnt. She screeched and fell back, holding her muzzle.

Eiserne quickly rushed to Kleine and washed her burn with cold water to soothe the pain. "Fire isn't food. Fire is dangerous." She said to Kleine. "Please don't do that again." She frowned sadly, gently petting the young Guardian and laying her down on the bed. Leo grinned at Kleine and turned to Alte. "Serves her right!" He spoke to Alte.

Zack urged the magma a bit faster and began turning it back towards the others. He decided he'd enjoy this mount. The black egg in his backpack let out a squeak and he heard a small cracking noise.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be gone for three or four days starting tomorrow so I won't be posting.

(( Yup. ))

(( Vocalia. Now I remember 'em! ))

Alte frowned, and looked at him with evil eyes as in "Shes still my sister". She shook her head and walked to the other side of the bed and cuddeled up into one of the pillows, then crawled into the gap and under it. She lay down in a heap; wanting to sleep.

Kleine blinked her little eyes, letting the water soothe her burn. She sighed and walked around some more until she reached the bathroom. She crept in and saw the shower. Whats that? She sighed in her mind and wandered in, immediately feeling the cold water that was left at the bottom of the floor. She waddled to the back of it and sat there, yipping. The water wasn't nice, and she didn't want to feel it again.

If Leo had eyebrows, he would have raised one at Alte's reply. Still, he shrugged it off as Eiserne picked Kleine up and dried her with a warm towel. "You're energetic." She said to Kleine and smiled, cuddling her in her lap. "I wonder what you would be like when you both mature..." She mused. Leo climbed up the bed and chirped, looking at her with sweet, begging eyes. With a soft smile, Eiserne picked him up and let him cuddle with Kleine on the fanisia's lap. She heard a faint rustle and turned to Alte, who was burying herself under the soft pillows. Figuring that she wanted some sleep, Eiserne kept quiet and left her alone.

Kleine chirped at Leo and licked his cheek. She was wondering who he was, what he was? Was he a dragon like her? She sighed and looked at his wings, pulling her muzzle back. He is a dragon She smiled, falling onto her back. She lowered her little ears and got back up, shaking her head.

Why was her human taking her back to their cave on the cliff whenever she tried to explore? She sighed again and nudged Leo's side; wanting to play.

(( She wonders lots... and loves exploring. ))

Leo glanced at Kleine and flapped his wings. "Let's play!!" He chirped and wagged his tail, but the gem on his tail simply moved around on the bed. Eiserne smiled and put both Leo and Kleine down on the floor. The Sunstone jumped around, flapping his wings as he tried to fly around with little success.

((So cute~! xd.png))

Kleine yipped and watched him with excitment. Once he had finished, she raced over to the mountain again and climbed up the legs on top of it. She went back until her back was pushing into the back of the chair, then raced forward.

THUD! Kleine yapped as she landed on the ground, why couldn't she stay in the air like him? She noticed he spread his wings when he floated in the air, and she looked at her back. Oh... I have no wings She told herself, blinking, little wet eyes. She was about to cry at the pain in her back and legs.

Leo noticed tears starting to pour from Kleine's eyes. Landing beside her, the Sunstone licked her cheeks and wiped her tears away. "Don't cry... Someday, you'll have wings like me too." He said to her, trying his best to cheer her up. He gently flipped her and made her lie on her belly before licking her back and legs. "D-Does it still hurt?" He frowned sadly and nudged Kleine's cheek.

Kleine blinked once she was rolled over, "Yep.." she whinced, then coughed. "Ay! That hurts!" She snorted playfully, being upside down made her lungs make her breath all funny. She rolled onto her feet and started running. "Catch me if you can!" She yipped, running into the bathroom. She saw a metal container with the label SHAMPOO on it, she jumped onto the edge of the bathtub then onto the bench with the 'shampoo' on it. She squeezed herself in easily and stayed in the -luckily- empty container. She stayed there hidden.

(( Shes soo full of energy xP.

Luckily there was no shampoo in that container... x.x ))

Leo followed Kleine into the bathroom and chirped, trying to call her. The Sunstone hatchling sniffed around, but he couldn't find her. He tried flying around the bathroom, but he couldn't spot her. After a while, he became tired and landed on the floor on his belly. "Kleine... Where are you...?" Leo sniffed and began to cry, fearing that the Guardian had left him alone. He didn't take too happily of being left alone.

Kleine smiled and tried to poke her head out of the top, but her front paws only managed to get into the cup and tip it to the floor. She screeched in fear as she tumbled out and slid on the ground, landing in a heap next to the wall. Tears immediately started pouring out.

Kleine turned her little head to see Leo crying aswell for some reason. She got up on her legs, pain striking. She howled in pain and scurried over and licked his cheek. "A-are y-you okay?" She asked while gulping down tears.

(( She has no idea how fragile she is x.x ))

Edited by DragonGirl10188

((Aww... Poor thing...))

Leo sniffled and looked at Kleine. "Kleine... You're okay..." The hatchling sobbed. He noticed her body wobbling in pain and gently licked her legs. "You're hurt... You need to rest..." Leo looked around and let out a loud shriek. Eiserne, alerted, came into the room and saw the two crying hatchlings. "Oh, what happened?" She frowned sadly and carefully picked the two hatchlings up back to the bed. She placed Leo on a pillow before looking at Kleine. "Oh no! You've hurt yourself..." She sighed and carefully wrapped a soft fabric on Kleine's legs. "You both should rest. You can play later, when you're not hurt." She said to the smaller Guardian and Sunstone, tucking Alte in on the bed.

Kleine sighed as she was put on the bed, small alligator tears still came down. She nodded her little head; finally wanting to rest.

The little hatchling cuddled up next to Leo to get warmer.

Marcelon awoke with a start, sitting bolt upright and breathing heavily. It took several minutes of slow breathing to separate his thoughts into those which were real and those which came from the dream. The dreams haunted him nightly now.

As his head cleared, he realized it was late. He had slept through the entire night and day. A lamp flickered on a bedside table, the room empty except for his meager belongings. He did not carry much besides his weapons. Next to the lamp on the table sat the egg.

"So it was real..." He thought, "I really did take an egg."

He pondered this for a moment before rising from the bed and reaching out to touch it. He pulled his hand back quickly in astonishment. He had not noticed the night before in the rush of the moment, but the egg was hot. Not hot enough to burn him, but very hot. It was the color of dark rock, and fairly large. He picked up his small bag, tossed the egg in among a few other odds and ends and placed it on the table. Before exploring, he would complete his exercises.

When he finished, a slight sheen of sweat clung to his body, but he felt refreshed. Barely a warmup. Before dressing, he strapped a knife to his calf, and another to his arm. Above his shirt he belted on a sword, with another, shorter blade slung across his back. He rotated his neck slowly, loosening up in preparation for whatever might be out in the world. He grabbed his bag off the table, took a last look around the room, then hurried out to meet the woman who had brought him to this place. Perhaps she could tell him what to do next. He walked down the stairs and approached Triana's desk...

Edited by philpot123

"Hmm... Triana must be busy elsewhere..." thought Amelia. She heard footsteps heading towards this room, and turned to see a young man coming towards the desk. She opened her mouth, and was about to tell him that Triana was absent at the moment, when the egg in her bag began to shake. Amelia made a tiny squeak of surprise, and moved a little away from the desk, knelt down, and removed the egg from her bag. There was a series of cracks forming on its surface, and it was slightly cool to the touch. Suddenly, a piece of the shell fell off, and a tiny grayish-purple head poked out of the hole and chirped at her. She peeled away a few of the larger chunks of shell, and the hatchling flopped out of its egg and into her lap. "Aren't you a cutie!", she told him, wiping the baby Ridgewing dry with her sleeve. "Now, what should I call you?" She set him down on the floor, and immediately he tried to flap his tiny, still-damp wings. "Ace, I'll call you Ace," she told him, tenderly lifting him back up into her arms. Then she noticed that the floor and herself were littered with shell fragments and egg-goo. "Oops... I'm so sorry!" she said to noone in particular, rummaging in her bag for something with which she could clean up the mess.

Marcelon stood by and watched the girl with a slight smile on his face. Her dragon had hatched, and she was clearly pleased. He looked down into his own bag and found that his egg was lined with red cracks, and appeared to be moving of its own accord. Suddenly, the egg split open quickly inside the bag. Marcelon grabbed the halves and the hatchling inside and set them on the desk quickly. Before he knew it, his own dragon had emerged from its egg. Dark, almost black in color. After emerging from its egg it was stumbling around awkwardly on the desktop. He grinned. The small dragon half walked, half stumbled across the desk until he ended up next to a lamp lit near the edge. He (for the dragon was male) promptly flopped down beside it and curled around the edge, making a noise Marcelon could only interpret as pleasure. Marcelon watched it for a moment, then turned to help the girl pick up the pieces of her dragon's shell.

"I am Marcelon." He said quickly after clearing the floor of the shell, extending his hand.

((I figured it's way past time for mine to hatch too. What a coincidence huh? tongue.gif))

Edited by philpot123

"Thank you for helping me," Amelia replied. She stood up and shook the hand he offered while holding Ace in the crook of her other elbow. "It's nice to meet you, Marcelon, my name is Amelia," Her hatchling emmited a small chirp and squirmed in her arms. "And this is Ace," she added with a slightly nervous giggle. She set him on the desk also, where he soon waddled over to sniff at the Ember. She smiled at the two hatchlings. "Have you given a name to yours yet?" she asked.

Marcelon watched the two small dragons for a moment, marveling at their small size compared to what they would become. He thought about this for a moment before responding to Amelia. "Nice to meet you Amelia. And you too Ace." He said with a wink towards the hatchlings, who were nudging each other playfully on the desk. "You're welcome. And no, no name yet. He deserves something perfect. I'll know when I've found it."

This made him begin to consider the name. He had not given much thought to this yet. It would need to be something fitting, something strong. This would take some time. "I don't suppose you have any idea where the woman... Triana is?"

Edited by philpot123