DarkEternity

Tinsel raising strategies

I had trouble with mine. They always got constantly sick so I had to keep fogging them. tongue.gif It was like right when i unfogged them, they would get sick again in less than 5 minutes then i'd have to fog again...so i just waited until i was ready for it to hatch/grow up before i er'd them.

I just got my first bronze tinsel a week or so ago (you really do need something like a 2nd gen trio to trade for a tinsel, but I'm sure there exists some tinsel-givers... I will become a tinsel-giver once my tinsel count is fairly high) and it's now a hatchling. I used the same method I do with other eggs; wait then ER them. It took about 3k views to hatch. They weren't incubated or influenced (though I wish I had influenced my tinsel to be male...) and didn't hatch up sick. I was worried all night that my tinsel has died, but thankfully, it didn't! I will be updating with more posts as it genders and grows up.

my tinsel (that I was gifted not long ago) hatched and grew up with no problem, compeletely same as other dragons. I got the egg at 6d 14h left, influenced it female at 5d 21h left, put it in two hatcheries at 5d 20h left then in third one at 4d 5h left. it hatched at 3d 23h left and grew up at 3d 20h left (yes, I was sitting right next to it for hours to be sure its ok xd.png) nothing went wrong luckily biggrin.gif

it hatched with 5 230V (dont know how much UV and clicks) and grew up with 7 974V, 1 056UV and 1 click.

and she proved not being too stubborn, as she just grew up and already produced a beautiful tinselfail biggrin.gif I thought she will not produce at first try cause I was trying with my mettalics for who knows how long and I still didnt got even a common =/

Edited by dreamgirl5

I only have one tinsel, so my experience with raising them is very limited, but...

I incubated the egg when it was between 5 and 6 days, then put it in a couple of ERs when it got below 4 days. It got sick because I was not around to fog it immediately after it hatched. I unfogged it once it dropped below 5 days, and it grew up fine after that. I think it gendered soon after unfogging, too.

I influence them and max. put it into one fansite. At 5d20h or less I put the eggy in more, maybe 3 or 4. I didn't have any sick tinsels, except one ER I put in some ERs, it gets sick after minutes, I fog it for 15 min, ER it, it gets sick....

The whole thing lasted for 3 hours.

Normally I don't fog them since there are more tinsels and giftings now, so no need to be jealous.

About views: Yes, maybe a little bit less than 7k views is my average. I have one with less than 5k, but also some with 8k, almost 9k views.

I wait atleast 24 hours and add it to 2 sites and from there I dont have any issues. or never did yet.

My tinsel has only gotten sick once it had just gotten too many views so I fogged it and a while later I came back and it was healthy. and ever since my tinsel hasn't gotten sick. man I want a silver tinsel....

My bronze hatched w/ only about 4k views. I put it on all my normal sites, incubated it down to 3d9h, ERed it, then fogged after it hatched for about 12 hours to prevent sickness.

My tinsel is being stubborn. He won't gender :V

With my luck he'll be female.

Hits the four day mark tomorrow.

My first and (so far) only tinsel also got sick in an ER. (He had been incubated, though, so I guess it's not really surprising.) I fogged him, and he hatched as soon as he was unfogged a couple of hours later. It wasn't a big deal, but I'd never had an egg get sick while in an ER before: not even my GoNs. I was very glad that I was keeping an eye on him.

He was fine as a hatchling, if a bit slow to gender (4 days 6 hours). He needed to be ERed as a hatchling, too. He finally grew up with >8,000 views.

Edited by dragoness22

My first got very sick. The second time around I incubated and just kept it in one hatchery. Then I waited until it was 3 days and 12 hours before ERing it. This one didn't get sick and unlike the first was cracked well before putting it in the ER. I will keep experimenting. I do have to say that I have not seen any other breed with so many eggs in the ER. O.o I've seen ERs where 25 eggs pop up and they are all tinsels. O.o

As far as I can remember, I have had ONE sick egg since I joined... and now my first tinsel is sick a short time after ERing. Very frustrating: I guess I was just too eager for the egg to hatch sad.gif Crossing my fingers for it to be OK soon.

Edited by annejeanne

My newest tinsel just got sick after I ER'd it when it hit 3d23h. I have had eggs accumulate 800+ UV and not get sick...my tinsel's only got 600.

Finicky, finicky breed, tinsels.

All but one have gotten sick on me - I fog it at night when I go to bed and then not incubate it - and even then it takes a while to hatch/grow

My current bronze hatchling has 6,349/694/7 and it hasn't gotten sick surprisingly. I had it fogged for the first twelve hours, put it in AoND, and left it, and once it hit 4d, incubated and ERed in three sites. Hatched, fogged twelve hours, and left it in the fansites it was already in.

I stopped incubating mine, and they never get sick anymore

it is hard being patient waiting for them to grow as they usually get down to 3 days before hatching/growing dry.gif

One of my tinsels is @ 4D 8H with 5442/788/23, and it didn't gender yet. Takes after one of the parents I guess... Stubborn Donkey tongue.gif

Edit: wrong numbers

Edited by Naughtrish

My Tinsel grew up at 4d, same as my other dragons. I didn't use Incubate, as I only have 2 Reds. xd.png However, it cracked much later than my other eggs, and gendered later as well. I had to put it in more fansites to speed its growth.

Mine do not like to grow up either...None of them:( I have one right now with:

Views: 8,760

UVs: 584

Clicks: 15

It finally gendered, but it is now an ER

I just got my first tinsel(a silver) and I incubated it. It is now currently sick, but I never er'd the egg. I did put it in two or three sites before I went to bed last night, fully expecting to have to put it into an er when I woke up the next day.

It's still currently sick even though I fogged it about 5 hours ago, and I think judging by the amount of views, someone thought to 'help' me (even though I don't have aid turned on) by er'ing the egg sometime while I was asleep, unless sites now er automatically which I'm sure they don't do since I've never had that happen to me before.

I'm hoping the hatchie will be all right because it has a 12.5:1 ratio and I can't recall if I've ever had a hatchie be this sick for this long before.

I just got my first tinsel(a silver) and I incubated it. It is now currently sick, but I never er'd the egg. I did put it in two or three sites before I went to bed last night, fully expecting to have to put it into an er when I woke up the next day.

It's still currently sick even though I fogged it about 5 hours ago, and I think judging by the amount of views, someone thought to 'help' me (even though I don't have aid turned on) by er'ing the egg sometime while I was asleep, unless sites now er automatically which I'm sure they don't do since I've never had that happen to me before.

I'm hoping the hatchie will be all right because it has a 12.5:1 ratio and I can't recall if I've ever had a hatchie be this sick for this long before.

Actually, Silvi's and some of the other sites do auto-ER, which is a great blessing for most of us but possibly not in your case, lol.

Ah-ha, that would explain it then. Silvi's was one of the fansites I used. Odd, I never really noticed any of my eggs being auto-er'd before, guess I'll just have to fog and manually input any future tinsels eggs to ensure they don't get sick.

And yay, my hatchie is no longer sick, now I only have to worry about the influence sticking xd.png

Edited by Firewing

Mine don't usually get sick from being auto-Ered, but I had two Tinsels get Soft Shell (edit: last night) which lasted for ages, one having uber-high Views and hardly any U Views, which is unusual for the fansites I use.

I had to fog them and a Stripe overnight...

Edited by Syphoneira