DarkEternity

Tinsel raising strategies

My Tinsel is currently at 4d 21h with 4,032UV/1,077V/53C and it still hasn't gendered unsure.gif Is it normal for Tinsels to be slow when maturing or should I be concerned? unsure.gif

My Tinsel is currently at 4d 21h with 4,032UV/1,077V/53C and it still hasn't gendered unsure.gif Is it normal for Tinsels to be slow when maturing or should I be concerned? unsure.gif

My Bronze didn't gender till close to growing up so yours will be fine. smile.gif They're just stubborn little buggers. =P

My Bronze didn't gender till close to growing up so yours will be fine. smile.gif They're just stubborn little buggers. =P

Oh ok happy.gif *whew* Thank you, I can breath a sigh of relief happy.gifxd.png

*Edit* It grew up! biggrin.gif It's female happy.gif

Edited by FluffyPillow

Actually, it's a lot harder to kill eggs via softshell than people think.

Basically it requires a massive amount of UV/V AND a prolonged period of exposure.

By massive I mean like 10,000+ v and 4,000+ uv and then about 10 hours worth of exposure.

That's the lowest my eggs have ever died at, at least, and I tried HARD to kill them.

Currently my tinsels are coming along very well. One has a little over 3 days till it needs to hatch and one has 6 days.

That is not always true. It differs from egg to egg, breed to breed.

I had your type of thought as well, but one day, I had a cb vine egg that I was so happy to get. I put it in one hatchery, thinking that can't possibly be enough to kill it. And it did, it died with 98 uvs, 400 ovs. I don't get how, but it happened. sad.gif

My Tinsel still hasnt gotten sick is at 5 days has 3759 views 904 uv 65 clicks. It should be growing up around sunday night/monday mourning c:

EDIT: My tinsel gendered female :V

Edited by El3m3nt

My tinsels normally are always sick. Lately I have been fogging them till under 6 days - then unfog and letting it get views and when it is under 5 days (at like 4d18h) I normally incubate it and put it in a couple ER's to get it to hatch.

I put my first Tinsel in a forum signature right after I got it.

When it was a day old I added it to a hatchery and another half day later on every hatchery I use (3).

I has never been sick. It now has 4 hours left and a big crack. Most of my eggs have the big hole at this time, but I think it will hatch overnight.

MY strategy-

wait till egg is 4 or less days old

2. put it in allure of neglected dragons ER (one of the best hatchery sites ever)

3.wait till hatchling has 5 or less days

4. puts the hathcie in allure of neglected dragons daycare and wait for it to mature!

this strategy has never failed me yet. I only use one hatchery and you should try to use it!

My tinsel just grew up! Literaly as soon as it hit below 4 days I refreshed and there she was fully grown. Athena Thuwed c:

Edited by El3m3nt

I raised my Tinsel the way I've raised all my dragons- I gave it a day or so of no hatcheries, then put it in one. I can't remember if I put it in a second one, usually if the one isn't providing views enough for my liking I add it into another. When it went to three days, I ER'd it and monitored.

Huh. Is it maybe sick?

My daughter's tinsel was pretty easy to raise. It was posted on only one fansite once it was at least 24 hours old. True, it hatched and grew up a little late, but it didn't get sick, either. *shrugs*

I'm raising my first tinsel, a bronze. I incubated it, put it in the 3 fan sites I put all my eggs into. All was fine until the 3rd stage crack when it got sick that was when it was at 4d 0hrs. I fogged it for 1/2 hour and it was well again, so I unfogged it.

At 3d 23hrs it was sick again. stats 3051/776 I fogged it for about 5 hours. As soon as I unfogged it POOF! it was a hatchling. These are very curious eggs dry.gif

Little tinsel is resting comfortably asleep now, not in any fansites for a while.

I didn't realize tinsels needed more views than usual, and thus put mine in only 1 fansite until 4D10H. There are no cracks. Oops.

Here's hoping it won't get sick in the next 12 hours, after I frantically dumped it in another 3 fansites >.< *crosses fingers*

@ Pink: Really? ohmy.gif Well, I accidentally killed a sunsong the other week - didn't think I needed to pop online to fog it before leaving the house for the day. :s Only had about ~1k views and ~300 UVs.

Still raising my gold tinsel. :3 I haven't encountered any problems/sickness yet *knocks on wood* I'm pretty sure I incubated at some point because I was really impatient and wanted to see the hatchie (so cute x3). Never knew they were difficult to raise, but I had always assumed they would be similar to the metallics.

My Bronze Tinsel is still ungendered, though I have two gendered hatchies with more time left and lesser views and clicks.

It hatched as soon as it hit four days, I really hope it will also grow up so fast.

I have it on four hatcheries and one forum signature by now.

It didn't get sick so far and I don't think it will now.

For some reason, tinsel eggs seem to need more views to hatch than a normal egg. Maybe it's just my experience though. I just had a really evil thought: they would make good ND exp eggs because then there would be less risk of it hatching early. Of course I'm too chicken to do that.

First tinsel, a gold, went extremely smoothly. Put him in one clicksite when he was just under 6 days. Then another when he was just under 5, and when he dropped under four I ERed him and watched. Smooth as butter, hatched fine, repeated steps as hatchling. Never got sick, never had to worry.

Second tinsel, a bronze, refused to hatch. Followed the same steps as above only the moment I ERed it, it got sick. I limped it along for about two hours before it finally hatched and I fogged it. It grew up the moment it dropped under four days.

Onto my third tinsel now, a silver, and nothing unusual to report as of yet.

I got my first Tinsel, a Bronze, as Hatchie so I can't say how well he hatched, but he needed quite some time to gender and grow up (9,814 V/ 799) - I think that is my second-highest Dragon next to one of my GoNs.

My second Tnsel, a silver, just hatched - after being incubated and ER'd for several hours at a massive 5,370 V/ 358 UV. It didn't get sick in the process, but yeah, it was rather stubborn to hatch. I fogged the hatchie right on, just in case... I really really don't want it to become sick.

I've successfully raised two silver tinsel eggs with no problems. They were a bit slow to gender that's all.

For some reason, tinsel eggs seem to need more views to hatch than a normal egg. Maybe it's just my experience though. I just had a really evil thought: they would make good ND exp eggs because then there would be less risk of it hatching early. Of course I'm too chicken to do that.

OMFG how did I NOT think of that... ಠ_ಠ

I've got a bunch of tinsels on my scroll now, that all started with 2 gifts & a lucky AP find. I've had about the same trouble I have with all my other dragons; they generally grow up just fine without any issues. Occasionally I'll get one that gets sicks on me cuz I'll try to popping it out with incubate when it's around 5 days to get it down to 4 days so I can ER it & then I do sometimes get a sick hatchie from it, but if I wait until they have a hole in the shell, before I ER them, then they hatch just fine. I've even raised a silver & bronze one with 0 clicks, and I'm currently trying to get a 0 click gold. I've gotten them to hatch with 0 clicks, I'm just not as lucky getting them to grow up without any. I figure it's just some random curious person form the various hatcheries I use & I use about 5. biggrin.gif

I've never had any problems with my tinsels getting sick. I always wait until my eggs are under 6 days before putting them into fansites, including my tinsels. I do this for hatchlings as well. I don't tend to incubate eggs often either, so that hasn't been an issue for me.

I have noticed my tinsels are slow to gender. It seemed to take forever for my gold to gender, and the others weren't exactly quick about it either.

I haven't problems with Tinsel beyond their delay in gendering and hatching/growing up. Sometimes happens that an egg/hatchie stays into the ERs for hours, accumulating thousands of views but with no result; this is really nerve-racking, specially when it happens with an egg.