Rockin' On

"Lets Make Some Magic"

(raising hand)...I am guilty, I know, but really terrible at naming.

Especially when I see members like Kenywi and the beautiful names

they seem to pull out of the hat easier than rabbits.

And sometimes I think of a good name, but you can't name an egg

and I forget by the time they hatch, (that comes with the "grammy"

territory).

ALL my dragons eventually have names. granted i am not extremely creative, but its named. each breed has its own last name, except pygmies.

I don't have all my dragons named <yet> I generally wait till I go to breed them and then come up with one. Sometime's though I'll get inspired like with my pygmies smile.gif and do a theme. I do have one dragon that I wont name as his coding is rather personal to me, but other then that I just wait till it comes to me. smile.gif

I name my dragons as they produce eggs--but I also have a "naming week" every month where all I do is add names. smile.gif So eventually they are all named--just not right away.

I AM ALWAYS VERY PROUD & HAPPY WITH MY MEMBERS OF THIS LINEAGE...REGARDLESS OF ANY RL ISSUES,ETC;ETC;

YOU ALL HAVE ADDED MUCH COLOR/BEAUTY INTO MY LIFE,FOPR WHICH I THANK YOU!

FOR MY BD THIS YEAR(WELL,TODAY...BUT ITS A BELATED WISH)I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR NEWEST/MOST FAVORITE LINEAGES...WHETHER ACTUALLY IN THIS LINEAGE OR ANOTHER...YOUR FAVORITES!

ALSO,ANYONE THAT CAN HELP OUR AWESOME MEMBER Kenywi WITH THEIR NEW SITE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH FIGURING OUT COOL LINEAGES,PLEASE STEP UP TO THE PLATE IN HELP WITH CODING,BANNERS,ETC;ETC;

IT TOOK A LOT OF HELP FOR ME TO START THIS LINEAGE...SO LETS PITCH IN! tongue.gif

Rockin' On

my favorites:

my bbw/magi checker: http://dragcave.net/lineage/3mPAL got it to 4th gen

my nocturne/purple ridgewing checker: http://dragcave.net/lineage/XXrQ4 just view the children, i got it to 4th gen

currently working on gray/skywing checker. saw it in the even gen thread.

my favorite one of this lineage is my 5th gen waterhorse/sunsong. started with PB 2nd gens and then checkered from there. http://dragcave.net/lineage/tQGSd

RO, your PM box was full so i couldn't respond. i probably won't be able to til after work in the morning. site is blocked there. so i'll try with the next baby from the pair.

Edited by spring_dragon

Oops..sorry..my BD is over now,so its back to old boring PM box open to all that need to ask/find me!!

Im SOOO impressed Spring!!Your lineages(ALL) are so colorful,interesting & obviously thought out!!Thank you for sharing them!! biggrin.gif Its a treat to see people enjoying the creation of new & unique lineages..keep it up,youll be in that dang DC record site before ypou know it!! biggrin.gif !

RO

I want to join and request an egg from MajiPair #5:

Whisk me Away / Orange Rider

I AGREE TO FOLLOW ALL LINEAGE RULES!

I thought I've seen a nice Magi/Magma-Lineage, but I cannot find it anymore. I was quite sure it was related to the Magic-line - but I can't find Magma in the list of allowed breeds. (What does not accepted at the end of the list mean?)

WELCOME & HAPPY BREEDING IN OUR LITTLE FAMILY LINEAGE HERE!! tongue.gif

iM PRETTY SURE THAT weve talked enough that you have a good idea of what we are all about..& what we do & DONT expect...mostly,Im happy to see the regular members when they have something new/special to show...& we definitly encourage you to post any thing,from questions,requests to any/all your breeding schemes & themes! tongue.gif

Meantime,Im going to "edit" your name into our members list,& ..well,seeing the "problem" with your first requested starter egg sad.gif

" ,which was really a shock to ME...Ill wait to see if/when you decide to request a second egg for the meantime while those tricky dragons stop laughing & cool off so they can breed a REAL egg for you! xd.png

RO

Welcome sdc!

Hope your new lineages are very successful. If I

can be of help, please let me know.

AWESOME! Im very happy that you got your first lovely starter & that I have you added as our newest member! tongue.gif

Im sure we can expect some exceptional lineages ASAP! Cant wait to see your first posted one..but you can always request another starter breed of egg,and give yourself more "choices" a far as lineage breeding...just PM me whhen you are ready for another egg! tongue.gif GOOD LUCK with your magi +(??)lineage!!

RO

Just a "heads up" re: DC RECORDS & yout possible ability to be in it...or the lineages you have may already qualify!!?

I bred my PB white arow that was a long project,but when a friend submitted it to

DC RECORDS,and it got an actual RECORD for most PBs in a lineage..well imagine my surprise! ohmy.gifohmy.gifhuh.gif !? tongue.gif

Im starting a brand new lineage,and hoping its never been tried/submitted to DC & if it is finished in the way I hope,Ill submit it,and Im just hoping that ALL of you get a lineage/record of some kind if you are able....or perhaps you already have a record holding one(??)that you dont realize!!?

THE BOOK OF DC RECORDS

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=93580

RO

update repeat re: new breeds allowed in lineage

UPDATES RE: NEW ALLOWED BREEDS

Ive been asked to check over some specific dragons for eligibility..and even though I want to keep our allowed breeds list smaller than the amount of dragons on DC CAVE which may be non-violent,but not a frequently used breed in lineages..however,Ive thought that I should re-state that all HOLIDAY breeds are (and have been)allowed,including Vallentine Sweetlings,Yule dragons and so forth..

The latest accepted breeds Im proposing are these...

#1. SHADOW-WALKER dragons(a very ghostly,but able to breed with other dragons,and only with other shadow-walkers during the season that they were released(like all/most of the holiday releases)

They are not known to be violent,and are more likely to posess "magical" qualities..as they are able to appear,and vanish at will...any negative replies to this dragon as a lineage breed,please feel free to post,and/or PM me directly.

#2.TERRAE DRAGONS

A very mellow and non violent herbivore..able to breed with other breeds,found in areas with many leafy trees,and vegetarian food sources for these quiet dragons.

If there are any questions,all "seasonal",holiday dragons,and last release of all 3 breeds(LUMINAS,TSUNAMIS,ULTRA-VIOLETS) are all allowed..the list of allowed breeds can be found on first page of thread,IN FIRST POST,AND IN THE UPDATE PAGE

ANY QUESTIONS,please contact MYSELF,feel free to POST YOUR FEELINGS..and we will make further decisions if neccssary..for now,the two dragons ABOVE,SHADOW-WALKER,TERRAE dragons aree allowed as accepted breeds as of August6th,2012...

Rockin' On

But what about the Spitfire? It has to to allewed, if you want to use the Ultraviolett. Or Ultraviolett must not be allowed, since you can't have one without a Spit.

PS: Didn't you make a mistake with the new Lumina starter you gave to StarSea? "glitterati lumina" is paired to "Beauty is me" instead of "Beauty in Magic".

Spitfires: As the ancestor parent (cb) of an Ultraviolet in the lineage, then it is OK.

like this: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...mate=gpjq&style[bg]=y

Spitfires as a breed to use throughout your lineage (example: in a checkerboard

or a stairstep with cb Spitfires) would not be acceptable.

Glad to see the two new added breeds: Shadow Walkers and Terrae

Edited by grammydragon

Spitfires:  As the ancestor parent (cb) of an Ultraviolet in the lineage, then it is OK.

like this:  http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...mate=gpjq&style[bg]=y

And then you pair your UV offspring to an other UV or purple, which is allowed. And get a new Spitfire again. Then your Spitfire ancestor becomes a Spitfire front end. wink.gif

Like this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/YDmeW

But that's ok for me, I like Spitfires.

And when it is allowed to have a Spitfire ancestor, is it allowed to have other breeds, which are not allowed for breeding, as ancestores, too?

Whoops! lol, oh my!

Now you know I have have not tried working with the Ultraviolets yet,

and had not thought about this situation! Rockin' On just told me we can't

blame the babies for what their parents are.

Just like in other lineages, when the offspring breeds a wrong dragon and

the person has to keep trying till they get the right dragon they want.

Usually those "wrong" dragons are dumped in AP or given away on trading/

gifting threads since they can not be used in the lineage intended.

So if you do get a Spitfire in breeding, then you

will need to Re-Breed to get either a Purple or Ultraviolet.

The Spitfire would not be accepted.

Edited by grammydragon

Exactly Grambo...there are other dragons that are bred with one unacceptable parent,but the offspring themselves are a completely different breed...spitfires will never be allowed into this lineage...simply because they are mindlessly violent & have nothing about them that is even close to what our lineage is striving for..

more to my concern...OMG...if the baby that was bred for Starsea is from wrong parent,it must be fixed ASAP...things were pretty crazy at that time...if i recall I had been in bed with awful fever,chills,etcetc for days & days...trying to run the lineage with my PC totaslly crashed,and using somebody elses computer to try & at lreast keep the ball rolling...so,it is a possibility that my mind completely zoned over the correct way to check our breeding & was also only the 2nd or third time a lumina starter had been bred..

Oh,as long as "Ultraviolet is not a starter dragon,if you CHOOSE to use them in a lineage,Im sure that you all can find different ways to not use as ONLY other mate to your other dragon(s) in lineage...its easy to see the "possible" problems,but if you think a bit,its absolutely possible to use an ultraviolet in different parts of a lineage without the spitfire parent having to come into being a problem..if you cant see how,Ill try & get a lineage worked out WITH the ultraviolet being used as a nice looking breed to put in between other main dragons,or other ways that seem quite easily managed.

Of course,if one chooses to try & force ultaviolet into being a main mate,you will possibly have to breed a lot of eggs to keep spitfire OUT,as it will not be allowed.

Or..you may simply choose to never use that breed of dragon in your lineages if you cant manage to keep its unacceptable parent out of your lineage...its a very quiet & even shy breed,nothing like its parent/s),& I chose to accept the entire batch of new releases that were out with it...all 3 breeds were accepted as interesting/non-violent

breeds that met our lineage requirements quite well...it was judged on its own merit,not by the way DC chose to make it an offspring with one violent parent..sorry,but the decision was made some time back,& was agreed upon by members,so...its a done deal,not a new or as yet unaccepted breed..choose to not use if the breeding is beyond your acceptable boundaries,but...its there for all members to make the choice to incorporate it,or not...as with all other listed breeds..

RO

Ok I totally screwed up. Here I've been waiting to get this project moving along and I do a major duh..bred them at the wrong time. I needed this to be a dusk its going to be a dayglory. Its come from the original pair so I'm offering it up for grabs. http://dragcave.net/lineage/IjpOC

if you want it here is the link

http://dragcave.net/teleport/a641d82de033a...d22b40c1e1faf1c

No interest so Abandoned the egg

On the spitfire issue, let me see if this makes sense. Its ok to use them in the lineage as long as they are not directly breed into a Magic starter pairs offspring and named "magic". In other works I can have 2 or 3 spitfire in my lineage as long as they go directly/indirectly into UV or another non aggressive breed and then that one can be breed into the magic line.

That about right?

Edited by Kenywi

I Have a New Dragon!

Breed: seawyrm

Owner/Breeder: spring_dragon

Name of New Dragon: Magikal Sea Foam 3EG

Link: http://dragcave.net/lineage/vRj5T

i will update this when it genders. just wanted to let ya know i wasn't slacking off. lol

Edited by spring_dragon

Thanks for letting us see your latest "lineage baby" Spring! laugh.gif

Now..as to the query from our "inquiring"Kenywi(*sigh,gotta love ya,but soo many queries re: dumb Spitfire)!NO,NO..Spitfire is NOT allowed into this lineage ,EVER. If you BREED a Spitfire into lineage,it is NOT an allowed lineage for THIS LINEAGES breeds...its offspring with PURPLE DRAGON(which IS an allowed breed,BTW),which produced a totally seperate type breed (ULTRA-VIOLET)is an allowed breed,ok?

ULTRA_VIOLETS are allowed breeds,although they will show a SPITFIRE in their ancestry...you must decide how you will breed your ultra-violet into lineage without breeding a SPITFIRE...(IT CAN BE DONE)!

If that is what you mean by saying"I may have a spitfire in my lineage"in other words,its only showing as your U.V.s ANCESTOR,and is not BRED as SPITFIRE into your lineage,then..yes,I geuss thats about the gist of it...However...

If you cannot figure out how to use the allowed Ultra-violet in a lineage without making it a main egg that will produce SPITFIRES,you must either decide that you wont use U.V. dragons,if they cant be used without you "breeding" the unallowed parent"SPITFIRE" as an egg ..or you may re-try to breed your dis-allowed lineage (WITH ANY SPITFIRE OFFSPRING)to produce without a SPITFIRE,otherwise,lineage is dis-allowed.

Its quite simple to use a U.V.egg in lineage without it being one of MAIN EGGS,which will quite likely produce unusable SPITFIRES ...so ...no spitfires to be bred into this lineage,period.The fact that U.V.s will have them as ancestors doesnt mean they are being USED in lineage..and in fact,dont even have to be NAMED ,as their code is all thats needed as an ANCESTOR...*SIGH*

If breeding with U.V.s is beyond your ability to do without producing SPITFIRES,I suggest you decide to leave U.V.s OUT of your lineages,unless you find one of the various ways to use them without having them produce the dis-allowed SPITFIRE eggs/dragons in said lineage(s).Simple,right? cool.gifxd.png (yeah,love you too!)

RO

Edited by Rockin' On

BTW..its making me very curious re: the infamous "Heartseeker" lineage!! biggrin.gif

Im personally not showing my latest attempt at breeding a totally unique & (hopefully) never ever yet bred/tried to make a new & not yet even sure which breeds will actually be able to breed into this NEW & unbred(that I know of)type of lineage! unsure.gifbiggrin.gif

Ahhh,it will be submitted to DC Records as a NEW & unseen lineage breeding type... ninja.gif ...curioser & curioser!

RO