lanaura

Ever check up on breed eggs?

Ever check up on breed eggs?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ALWAYS DO BECAUSE I DONT WANT THEM TO DIE. I get very pissed when the owner doesn't let them live or just uses them for a ND tester.

Almost never. About the only time I notice is if I'm breeding one of my dragons and notice one of its "children" with an interesting name.

I check up on them all the time. I get sad when I see they've died and like others I'm delighted when someone names the hatchling after the parents. biggrin.gif

I used to check them when I had under 50 dragons. And sometimes help eggs with accepting aid.

Now, I usually only look at bred abandoned eggs if I'm breeding the parent pair again; to see what breed I got the last times and how the lineage looked like.

I like to see if they got named. One got named, Ima Littlebit Inbred, which made me lol.

No. Too many dragons and I don't have the time to do so.

I do on occassion. I want to say about 75% of the babies I breed don't end up with names. O.o

i when i first abandon eggs, I'll check on them to see if they adopted, but beyond that not really.

I do that too. Then if I can I take a peak at their scroll, and of it looks like they know how to raise dragons I leave it at that, if they dot really know then I get worried and keep cheaking up on them. Other than that not really. But I do go through the grieving process when one dies.

I check up on some. I monitor holiday babies I abandon like crazy. Generally, though, I don't really bother. I used to check more than I do now.

I check up on a few - when I remember to. Yesterday I noticed that my Water, I Hate Wet Socks' offspring had been named I Hate Wet Socks Too - made me smile!

I love checking up on them! And yeah, I also get the OMG grandbaybehz feeling when I see offspring of the dragons I've given away. biggrin.gif

Although I was sad to see one of my AP'd eggs had died recently. Boo.

It's nice to see when your dragon's children are actually on a scroll and named. There are only a few I have abandoned, most are either wild or un-named, but there is one that is loved and named, a male pink. tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm new and don't have any growing dragons yet, but I have a softspot for abandoned eggs. Three of my first four are abandoned eggs, one computer generated (I think because it has no lineage) and two with lineages attached. I'd love to chat however briefly or leave a note for the user where the egg came from to say I have their egg but I don't know who they are on the forum, if they are here at all. I'm eagarly awaiting my eggs to hatch so I can grab more eggs! smile.gif

I plan on making a my own lineage from "adopted" eggs and maybe turning it into a project. I'd be happy to see any abandoned eggs of mine finding a new home. Knowing myself, I'm going to check now and then.

Edited by Athleas

When I was new to DC, I used to check up on all of my dragons' offspring- every week, every new egg, which was a feat because I used to breed ALL of my dragons. Soon I had too many dragons to spend the time breeding all of them and then became aware of such things as "ratios", "cave blocking", and "inbreeding" and felt slightly guilty. Plus, there definitely wasn't enough time in the day to track down every single egg with my increasing scroll size!

These days, I'll occasionally look at a favorite dragon's page and scan over the offsprings' names, but I never stalk them like in the past. Seeing how new owners name the offspring is one of the best parts of breeding, imo, so I'm always disappointed when offspring is left without a name! Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

not usually, unless I am checking for a wrong/failed influence or wrong color nebula

then I check so I can rebreed if necessary.

I have so many "kids" out there it would take forever to keep up tongue.gif

Mostly just from my holiday dragons or if I've abandoned eggs from one of my nicer lineages, which I like to do because it's always nice to pick something good out of the AP. It doesn't really matter to me what the new owner does with it since it belongs to them now, but I do love seeing named dragons and continued lineages:)

Sometimes when I'm bored I peek. There are too many out there to really keep track but I will sometimes check on some of the more rare or uncommon offspring and I do like to check during holidays. Don't know why, really.

I don't really - heck, half the time I don't remember that my dragons have kids. The only ones I'll check up on are the descendants of my CB Copper, but since I've only recently started letting those go there's not much to see.

I'll occasionally look thru what's happened with offspring of my dragons but it's usually because I'm reviewing old pairings to see what their results had been [i've had some for so long I kinda forget]. I'm pretty happy to see some people continuing naming or breeding themes and also don't mind so much if I see released babies because half the eggs I've bred I've dropped to the AP.

When I go to breed a dragon, I take a look at the progeny page. If I'm breeding for my scroll, I want to see what I might have, just because I do lose track once in a while. (Don't judge! If you had almost 3700 kids, could you remember everybody's name every time? xd.png)

If I'm breeding for the AP, it's interesting to see what happens with the siblings, and I love it when names are really well done, but it is always sad to see if one has died. <3

After being gone for a few years, I am finding it interesting to see where eggs I released years ago have gone and where their kids are now.

I do occasionally, mainly if I notice that someone gave an interesting name to the offspring. I'm curious but also lazy, so I don't usually do a lot of looking. tongue.gif