lanaura

Ever check up on breed eggs?

Ever check up on breed eggs?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't really bother to check but once in a while I tend to look at the progeny pages of the dragons I breed the most. People can do with the offspring whatever they want but it's nice to see the occasional children named after their parents =)

Yup I check them. I regularly breed 2nd gen BSA eggs into the AP, and those are usually taken instantly by people who need them instead of staying as cave-blockers. I like checking the names of these babies. Sometimes it's hilarious, like this one time I named my Red dragon after my friend who gave me him, and the person who picked up its offspring actually named it after my Red -- so essentially in the end my friend got two dragons named after her xd.png

I always do. I want to see where they go, if they're named and if their lineage continues. Most of the breeding I've done was years ago to usually the dragons just sit there. I'm just happy they have a home.

Although a few weeks ago I bred a red and gold together and got a red egg, so I abandoned it. It got picked up and it was named "My lineage makes breeders cry"...okay, slightly rude (the gold I had came from inbreeding, but not by my doing). When I checked later it seemed to vanish. I guess it was killed :\

Edited by Black Blaze

Occasionally I do because I get bored, and sometimes people do really nice things with them. biggrin.gif

Like this 'spearhead' lineage. I own both male silvers.

Link

I check up on them often, I want them to be happy and well cared for when I abandon them (usually by accident because I forget I am at my egg limit). I hate when I see an egg killed or released, it reminds me of what a horrible trainer I am. But sometimes people do really nice things, like naming the hatchling after their parents and in the same style I name them, or calling them "lucky Catch" or other names that suggest that picking up that egg made them really happy.

Sometimes. Usually just to see if they've been named and where they've ended up (I breed to the AP a lot). I do it more often with pairs I breed often, but usually I do it with eggs I've gifted.

On occasion. Today (or yesterday, it's too close to say) I found out that one of the offspring of my very first Holly was picked up from the AP and will be used as one of the donations for this years Holly Contest. happy.gif

I keep track of all of them.

I'm a little obsessed, lol. I started using my dragons as a way to build database skills... and just kept doing it.

Since I've started playing, I've currently got 5279 living offspring on record biggrin.gif

I check the progeny of whichever I've remembered to breed. I don't keep track though, so if they die or go wild I won't notice, all I really look at are names.

I keep track of my pygmies and my splits (and I squee a little whenever I see my silly names being handed down through generations), and the prizes I breed for the AP.

I stalk the children of Dozing Mushroom and Little Silver Minez at Dawn - I love seeing their mostly named children!! smile.gif

Indeed, especially if they're rare(ish) or have some other special lineage thing. I get all giddy when I see named offspring and even more so if they're related to the ancestors' names. Most of the offspring are unnamed, but at least they're alive.

I end up checking my abandoned offspring when I forget which of my dragons are related (probably why I started combining their parents' names & adding which gen they are to their names). Usually, I abandon the eggs from a rare X not-as-rare breeding if it's the not-as-rare breed, since I already have plenty of them (frozen or adult). I like to see what other people do with naming them, because sometimes I come across eggs with lineages of awesome names in the AP, and I try to keep it going.

I also like checking up on the rares I do sometimes breed and trade away, just to see what their new owner is doing. It kind of annoys me when I continue a nice stairstep lineage to get a decent trade, and the new owner goes and messes it up because they don't have the right dragon or they don't care.

It'd be kind of interesting to see which user has the most of my cast-off dragons, as like a stat or something. I'd want to send them a thank-you note for taking care of them, but it would be kinda creepy if they were only picking up my eggs because they were obsessed or something laugh.gif

I'm pretty new, so I haven't bred my dragons yet, but I have lots now and am about to. I'm collecting both CB and abandoned, so I have both messy and neat lineages. Recently, I found two silver tinsels in a row with awesome lineages, and they weren't even fails! I fully intend to continue the lovely lines of the dragons I do get off the AP.

To stay on topic, I know that the offspring of my CB and neat lineages will definitely be tracked, but I most likely won't look at the ones I give away that have messy lineages.

I'd be really sad to see one of my beloved offspring put to death or set free, but I know I can't do anything to help them once I give them up. I will always hope for the best for the ones I gift or trade. While I don't like to abandon, I can see myself doing it to a dragon with a great lineage in the hopes of seeing others carry on the line. It makes the whole game more fun that way to have lots of people involved, so definitely yes, I'll be watching my offspring and their ultimate destinies. xd.png

I keep track of all of them.

I'm a little obsessed, lol. I started using my dragons as a way to build database skills... and just kept doing it.

Since I've started playing, I've currently got 5279 living offspring on record :D

That's pretty rad. ouo I kinda wish I knew how many babies my dragons have bred in total! Alas, I don't think I'm motivated enough to start so late into the game... XD

I'm also curious about whether any of your dragons' living offspring are mine. Hmm. Unanswerable questions, eh? o3o

~

I occasionally check on recently bred eggs -- when I remember. I'm more likely to remember if I bred an egg as a gift to someone specific rather than gifting through the AP. There are some pairs I will remember regardless, most notably my mated pair of tinsels whose offspring I always AP.

Additionally, I tend to view progeny pages at random a lot more, so it's less checking on bred eggs and more just checking breeding track records in general. I'm a bit biased though and usually only check the dragons I really like for name, lineage or otherwise. =P

I do check up on the ones I sent to the AP, just to see if they got picked up. So far I've had a couple grow up as Wild Dragons, which is kinda neat, 'cause I can pretend that I breed really hardy dragons. xd.png

With gifts and trades I don't care as much. Not necessarily because I got something in return, but because I know they went to someone who will take care of them till they're grown, so I don't feel the need to check up on them and see if they made it.

I first started playing November 6, 2008. At midnight on December 21, 2008 I bred my Autumn dragons to get my first Winter dragons. I got a litter of 4 eggs, picked the one I wanted to keep and looked at one of the other eggs. It had already been killed. I never followed my eggs again. Sometimes while breeding, I see that a progeny was named after a parent or something like that, and that can be fun, but following the eggs can break a heart.

I mostly only check up on Shimmer, Tinsel, and Holiday eggs I've bred.

I like to see what has become of the egg - and in several cases, see if they've kept the lineage going.

I like to check up on them. Maybe not all the time but I do check. I admit I'll breed and abandon pretty lineages for someone else to enjoy. I always hope that someone will do something nice with them.

Considering that I mostly breed for myself nowadays, the only eggs that ever leave me are holidays, and those I always check up on a week after the event is over. It's also kinda funny because once I got a request to breed some specific pairs for a player, and they haven't been able to breed an egg from them yet, it seems. Hopefully they get better luck. ^^