lanaura

Ever check up on breed eggs?

Ever check up on breed eggs?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It looks like a lot of Dragcave users are interesting in breeding so there's a question I've been wanting to ask. When breeding eggs and abandoning a few into the AP do you ever check up on them to see if the new owner has been taking care of them or do you just let it be?

Or how about rares and trading? Do you ever check up on a rare you traded to see how it's progress is coming along or are you just satisfied that you got something in return so you leave things alone.

Just curious and apologies if this is in the wrong section. This is my first time starting a thread and the "Breeding" section looks like it's mostly about lineages.

i when i first abandon eggs, I'll check on them to see if they adopted, but beyond that not really.

Sometimes I'll randomly check my dragons and find someone has bred their offspring.

I get so excited when that happens! xd.png It's like I have grandbabies~ <3

Just a friendly note. It's bred, with a single E.

On topic; Yes, I do check them quiet normally, specially the ones I've traded/gifted.

I was just doing this a few minutes ago. XD

I love looking to see if my dragon's offspring have been named or bred.

Unless it's a less-common egg, I'm only be a little sad if they don't take care of it. (If it's, say, a trio / a hatchling / an egg with a nice lineage, I go "Why did you bother picking it up?!" I won't interfere, though.)

I do this all the time ! It kills me when I see them dead though (or about to die) </3 But I can't do anything about it because it's against the rules sad.gif

I do on a regular basis, especially when it was a trade/gift or something with a nice lineage that I sent to the AP

On the rare occasion I do abandon eggs that I bred, most of them end up dead =( Such a shame, since I drop eggs I feel would be desirable or fun for whoever grabs them.

However, just a few days ago one of my dragon's offspring had its first child, which was actually quite exciting to see =) They all had names too, so this marks my first real success story of a bred egg surviving and thriving. If I continue to breed my dragons, I'll surely check up on them.

Yes, I usually check on them. And I'm quite surprised sometimes to find that what I think is an awesome egg is allowed to die. I've sent a couple of 4th even gen Horses with 2 Rosebuds and 2 Valentine 09's in their lineage and all of them have died. But, I did abandon them so I just shrug it off.

I usually do it, mainly when I'm bored. Sometimes I get eggs and turn them into vampire eggs and re-abandon them to see where they go. C: I don't usually intervene with anything, like if they're gonna die from lack of views, though.

I admit even when the "user is accepting aid" message is active, I never help my eggs. I've done it only with holyday eggs, but not with the rest. It crushes me to see them die, but I don't think helping will make these newby users learn, and I just don't have the time to go about posting dying eggs which are not on my scroll.

What annoys me the most is when I drop a fine, lineaged egg, and it gets matched up to the most inbred, messy lineaged dragon ever. With the whole Alt Nebula, most my dragons (2nd gen PB) got bred with whichever was avaliable at the time. So sad, but what can I do? It's their egg now.

I always check in on the eggs I've abandoned. I also help out if needed and if the user is accepting aid.

I will occasionally check on abandoned eggs.

What annoys me the most is when I drop a fine, lineaged egg, and it gets matched up to the most inbred, messy lineaged dragon ever. With the whole Alt Nebula, most my dragons (2nd gen PB) got bred with whichever was avaliable at the time. So sad, but what can I do? It's their egg now.

It's worth saying that not every single person who plays is also on the forum and relies on perfect lineages to be respected. I, for one, just signed up a few days ago and I have no clue what everyone's going on about with lineages.

Just thought I'd throw that out there because it irked me.

On topic: I check in on my dragons' babies all the time. Pretty much every few days, just to see how they're doing and to check out the other new arrivals on the new owner's scroll.

I like to check on my abandoned eggs, especially to see if the hatchies have been named. I try to name all my breeding pairs, and I'm always hoping someone will give their offspring a similar name. None so far, but it is fun.

I never post others' eggs, and don't intend to, but I'll usually click all of the eggs and hatchies when I visit someone''s scroll.

I check on some dragons' offspring, most of them I don't care. I usually only check up on the babies of my holidays, my favorite Summer, and my favorite Silver.

I would be extremely honored if I found an ND on one of my dragons' offspring lists, though I haven't. I just recently found that my Tinsel's first egg, a Daydream, died :/

It's worth saying that not every single person who plays is also on the forum and relies on perfect lineages to be respected. I, for one, just signed up a few days ago and I have no clue what everyone's going on about with lineages.

Just thought I'd throw that out there because it irked me.

On topic: I check in on my dragons' babies all the time. Pretty much every few days, just to see how they're doing and to check out the other new arrivals on the new owner's scroll.

Nuff said.

Not really.

If I happen to run across one of them awhile after I dump them, it's usually accidental, and generally it happens when I'm lineage checking the parents or something.

They're always adults by then, though.

Nah, I don't. Most of the eggs I breed are either metallic fails that I don't care about, or gifts or trades that I know will be taken care of.

I don't check on them very often. Usually only when I'm bored and just want to see how they are doing. I have yet to find one of my dragon's hatchlings or eggs dead. So I'm pretty happy!

Sometimes, if I gift it, or I breed it and I send it to the AP

I abandoned lots of thunders smile.gif

I must admit, I do this quite a bit. ;;>..>

I guess it really just stems from curiousity, and wondering what happens to the pretties that leave my scroll. I think the best part, for me, is when I see that the dragon is named. That means something, and it just shows that kind of extra care.

Overall, no. Unless it's something rare or cool that I abandon, I'm curious about where it goes. If not, I just let it be~

I used to, but after seeing many of my bred eggs dying I stopped.

Now, I only check every several months the children of the few dragons I bred as a FFA (mostly Blunas and Shallow Waters) to see if the ones that survived have names. I'm always happy when they do~

Quite often. Just recently I was browsing dc focus, and found the bluna I gifted to Carolyn there. It just made me proud to see it made it into a healthy adult. Also

Ruby Reflections' and Volcanic skies' egg lived, but given a terrible name, but now it has a sunset egg. :)