lanaura

Ever check up on breed eggs?

Ever check up on breed eggs?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the very rare occasion. I don't care if a dragon I bred gets inbred or dies. I just care about the dragons on my scroll. laugh.gif

I like to check up on them every so often to see if they were named, bred, etc. Quite a few of my dragons have offspring that are named after them in some way so it makes me super happy to see that people seem to enjoy my lineages enough to keep the naming patterns. I keep a list of all those and one of my favorite things is finding more new ones to add to my list. smile.gif

Sometimes. Only on the good-lineaged eggs I boot to AP, just to see if they were picked up by anyone I know. xd.png And that's pretty much in the 24 hrs after the egg has been dropped. After that, nope. ...I usually forget about breeding them anyway...

I do occasionally poke around some of my dragons' progeny pages at random, but I don't meticulously follow any offsprings.

And I know the eggs that I ~give away~ are in good hands so I don't have to check on them xd.png

I only check up on holiday dragons that I have bred. Mostly to see if anyone I recognize has gotten one. I stopped checking on my regular bred eggs long ago.

I like to check them now and then, especially when I'm thinking about breeding again.

I do on some of mine. Not to see whether it's being taken care of, but to see whether it's been bred. I try to make sure my special breedings go to people who seem equally obsessed with making pretty lineages. That way I get a treat every time I see one of my dragon's offspring has been bred. It's neat watching to see what pairings people come up with. I try not to check on anything I released to the AP, because seeing my dragons' progeny contribute to a messy or inbred lineage bothers me. Ignorance is bliss in that situation.

Edited by Goslander

Yes. I sometimes breed nice lineages just to toss them for others, and I like to know it gets a responsible new owner who won't let it die.

not often. occasionally ill visit a dragons progeny to see if my scroll naming scheme was passed on, but other than that, i have no control so i really dont care.

I don't breed that much, usually all eggs I breed are wanted by someone and not randomly abandoned.

I occasionally do check up on the eggs I gift though. I try not to because it often frustrates me. One of the Snow Angels I gifted away is now a wild dragon (2nd gen with CB Snow Angel and CB White parents, no messy, long lineage!), someone I gifted a Stripe to, used it as trade fodder...

Edited by blah

I normally check how the eggs I bred are. I have a list in which I put down every breeding and the resulting eggs with codes, and normally I check back after 2-4 weeks if they're still alive (haven't done so n a while though). And I have to say there is huge loss in the eggs sometimes, one of my dragons has more than 50% of her babies killed of too less views.

I don't check up on the eggs I've bred, since once it leaves my scroll, it is no longer my concern. The only time I actually plan to do such check-up is when I get my file fully updated. That time I will check how many offsprings ended up into wilderness and such... that only for sake of curiosity on how well they have done on matter of surviving.

I don't always check, but I do occassionally sneak a peek because I'm a very curious person. xd.png If I drop a Trio or similar I always hope it'll go to a newbie.

I don't abandon all that often, but when I do I make sure it's a more desirable egg.

Yes, I do check up on them to make sure they are being cared for (if they're not, I will help if the owner is accepting aid).

I don't check up on them a lot after they're grown, but once in a while I will to see if they've been named, and/or bred)

If anyone on here bred an egg that ended up on my scroll and it's not named it's only because I haven't thought of the right name for that dragon yet (not because I don't care smile.gif), I do intend to name them all.

I used to check up on a lot of the eggs I gifted/abandoned, but now I don't do that so often. I still remember that some of them grew up, at least one was released, two were frozen and one died. I do get that spark of irritation whenever I see that a dragon related to one of mine has been released or killed, but like Moonlightelf said, it's not my dragon. Others' dragons are not my top priority…

Still, I don't release dragons, and use only CB dragons for zombie fodder for that reason.

Occasionally - because I check to see if my black eggs that go to the AP are alts biggrin.gif Otherwise - no xd.png

Sometimes when I'm going through my dragons' progeny lists to see what mates I've used, I'll notice rather long sections, so I'll go and look at all the bred eggs I've abandoned and how they turned out.

The only time I deliberately look at dragons I've abandoned is when I'm going back through lineages to change names (I do this once every few months, because I'm horrible about remembering to check lineages and put Dorkface or such in my dragon's name, so I'll go through and mass-check every once in awhile).

I used to check my bred eggs every so often, just out of curiosity, but that stopped after I abandoned (what I thought was) a really nice, clean-lineaged uncommon *hatchling*, and it was immediately frozen. I freeze hatchies all the time, but I had just thought someone would like the clean/pretty lineage for breeding.

So now I don't check. I admit I get overly attached to pixel-pets, and I think it'd just frustrate me way too much to see abandoned eggs dying all the time. Logically I know that eggs I abandon have that risk, but I don't need to go out looking for them, yunno?

I like to see if my lineage dragons have children named accordingly.

I especially check Holiday offspring. By now one of my SA eggs died of neglect and a Val 09 was released after breeding.

I check up on every single egg I breed just to see how it's doing. smile.gif I also enjoy seeing what...if any...names the dragons have gotten.

Once in awhile I do...For some reason I get annoyed when people don't name the dragons I let go.

I had a gen 2...even gen too...Ice (epic trio ice) that I let go b/c I wanted to let somebody who may not have one pick it up...they vamped it. That really pissed me off...

AND...if I am not mistaken...this was one of my Silver eggs that I let go for somebody to get and have on their scroll...and random silver drop

It got vamped...

Yeah...that was painful to see...

Better to be a successful vamp than a killed attempt, though =/

A good few of my abandoned eggs were vamped.

Some of mine were vamped too. That doesn't bother me much, unless it's something really rare. I'd be annoyed too if someone vamped an ice I dropped, or a silver with a clean, rather short lineage like that one.

Yeah, I like checking the names of my dragons' babies, I get quite annoyed when they remain unnamed. On that same vein of disgust, I once abandoned a perfectly good vampire hatchling, went to check up on it a couple of days after and found it had died dry.gif WHAT?!

I check on bred eggs very often, it's just so sad when they die.

I also like to see if they get named. One of my dragons has a child that is named after her and her grandchild is also named after her ^^

Edited by user560

Ones that I've gifted or traded I definitely check up on, because I'm curious to see what (if) the other person named it and what kind of lineage they made with it (if they did.) Whenever someone names it after the parents it always makes me smile. And if it has become part of a lineage project I feel special for being able to help with their project.

If it's just one I drop on the AP though, I don't always check up on it.