Fortune86

The Power Inside

“Where?” Bastian asked.

~~

“Right come on you lot.” Imari called to the group. She was really annoyed but luckily this walking was starting to let her cool down a bit. Thou she preferred to be annoyed right now rather than thinking about her family. Soon enough she fell into line with the others heading to the last city standing.

"Through the front door" said Arthur simply.

"What?!"

Arthur looked up at his former teacher.

"Bastian and I are the main targets. If we allow ourselves to be arrested, then with the influx of people entering the city the military will be too preoccupied to watch out for a sole man sneaking around the headquarters. The forces manning the reception will take us straight to my uncle, allowing someone else to gain entry on the quiet and search for Diana."

"I'm guessing I'm supposed to be this sole man?" asked Ceil, seeing the logic in the plan but not liking it.

((So sorry I thought the post went through... apparently my phone sucks at times))

Bastian frowned at the idea off being bait, he was always had the roll of bait come to think of it. Mostly because his parents always choose the youngest for that roll.

“I generally don’t like that idea much but there isn’t much we can do about that then now can we.”

"And how do we go about rescuing you?" asked Ceil. "Do you have a plan for that as well?"

Arthur nodded.

"Of course."

Without a further word he began to walk towards the crowd of people heading into the city. They could stay hidden amongst them until they were within the city walls.

Ceil looked down at Bastain, still feeling concerned.

"You've been working together for some time now right? You trust him on this? Don't get me wrong, Arthur's a good kid at heart, but..."

Edited by Fortune86

Bastian started to follow Arthur after he dismissed his fiend but came to a halt when Ceil spoke with him. His question made the boy think for a bit. When he had spoken to his uncle the other day and their missions they had together.

“He is an odd one but I do trust him. Maybe not so much as I would for say my cousin but I do trust him to some extent. He is a lot like you in some way.”

Ceil nodded. He could understand where Bastain was coming from.

"Okay then. Let's get going."

He followed Arthur into the crowd, being careful to keep his distance, and wondered if his students would be able to reach his mother's house safely.

((I'm just going to phase Angelina and Sera out for now, so Imari and Khaine are the only students 'left'. If Vang reappears then they can pop back in again.))

“Khaine stop slacking and get a move on.” Imari spoke as she turned around to look at him. “We need to get to safety fast.”

~~

Bastian nodded before he continued his walk. He quickly caught up with Arthur and looked up at the city they were marching to.

“I hope your plan works.” He spoke as he took a deep breath and exhaling relieving some stress.

"It will" replied Arthur.

The two of them passed through the gates of the city unheeded. The military was more concerned about the droves of refugees streaming into Tehgrimm Suda to worry about two young boys. In a couple of places fights were breaking out, forcing the soldiers to intervene, and several people where chasing after escaped chickens.

They were able to walk straight up to the head quarters main doors where two soldiers on guard were deep in conversation. As Arthur approached he could hear snippets of speech over the noise and guessed they were talking about the Titan's attack.

"Excuse me" said Arthur to the nearest soldier.

"Not now kid" replied the soldier without looking at him. He was too busy watching one of his collegues try and lure a chicken down from a shop sign.

Arthur glanced at Bastain and then tried again.

"Sir I..."

"Shove off kid. We're on duty."

Arthur stared at the soldier for a moment. It was hard to tell what he was thinking because his face gave nothing away. Suddenly his foot kicked out and cracked the soldier across the shin.

"ARGH! Why you little..."

Both soldiers turned to look at Arthur and Bastain properly. They gasped and looked at each other like they couldn't quite believe it.

"Aren't you...?"

"Yes" said Arthur. "We are turning ourselves in."

Bastian took another deep breath as they entered the city. He wondered if the others made it in ok without any problems like them. As soon as they entered they went to the main door of their headquarters. Bastian looked closely at Arthur’s actions making sure that he didn’t miss any signals he might give.

“Well come on them. Should we do your job for you.” Bastian spoke as he noticed the guards being rather surprised. It wasn’t something normal any way to them, not a lot of people would give themselves in so freely.

Arthur didn't wait for the soldiers to answer, but pushed past them and started to walk into the building.

"Hey! You can't do that!" cried the guard he had kicked hurrying after him. The other guard turned to Bastain and, after fumbling with his spear, motioned for him to follow the other two inside.

"Go on. In."

Diana sat there in that room by herself, head bowed. She had not spoken a word to the guard with her. There wasn't anything to say, really. She was doomed, and so was Ceil if he came after her. Why couldn't her previous perception of him be correct? That he was selfish and mean and quite into self-preservation. But no, he had to be the opposite. Every now and then, a tear rolled down a cheek, but she refused stubbornly to sniffle and sob pathetically. If anything, Diana was stubborn. And sometimes this was good, but at other times it was bad. She was prideful and clumsy and- oh, Ceil didn't deserve a student like her.

“Not really much of a guard are you now?” Bastian spoke looking straight at the man. He glared at the man for a few more minutes before stepping into the building. Soon both of them would reach their destination which caused Bastian to wonder if Ceil was succeed well on his own.

~~

The city was just full of chaos when Imari and the others entered it. Animals were running loose, children were crying and others we wailing in pain. Imari tried not to make eye contact with anyone, she felt sick to the stomach knowing that she can’t help them.

Being a bit suck in the crowd Imari finally pushed through to the direction they needed to go. She waited for the rest to catch up before proceeding to the house Ceil said they should go.

Arthur strode on ahead, seemingly oblivious to the soldier running after him and yelling to him to stop. By the time the man had caught up Arthur was already at the foot of the main staircase.

"Will you stop already" screamed the guard seizing him by the arm.

Arthur looked back at him and then pointedly down at his arm. The soldier followed his gaze and then suddenly let go as though he had been burned. He didn't know why.

"I'm going to go and see my uncle" said Arthur staring back at him. "I take it that's what he wants?"

"Well yes" admitted the soldier. "But you can't just march ahead on your own like that."

He looked over at his colleague and then started to run after Arthur again, as the young Summoner had started climbing up the stairs.

~~~

Ceil shook his head in disgust. What kind of idiots was Jyeh employing? Arthur and Bastain had seized control of the situation in mere seconds and both soldiers were running to keep up.

Once the way was clear he slipped into the building after them. Instead of trying to sneak up the main staircase as well he walked over to a side door and let himself through. Knowing Jyeh, he'd be holding Diana somewhere near his office.

~~~

A few moments after Ceil had vanished from sight Hima padded through into the empty foyer. No one was about at all. The ice wolf sniffed the air and then started to trot after his Summoner up the stairs.

((WOOHOO! Two years since TPI was first posted! July 6 will be second anniversary of first IC post. happy.gif I love this RP~))

Diana suddenly thought of something. Something which struck her suddenly. Her parents lived on a fishing island. They had no chance of getting away. No, Vundiha, no. They would be dead. This seemed to start to break down the walls inside her mind, and she hunched her shoulders slightly as more tears rolled down her cheeks. She was silently crying, a deep pit opened up in her chest where they had been. Her mother and fathe would have been so scared, so confused by what was going on. He'd probably been on his boat watching a tidal wave crash down, her mother in her house or in the woods, not even aware of what was coming. Not even together when they died. Diana wanted her mom, she wanted her dad, she wanted some sign they were okay, even if it was impossible. She wanted her mom, she wanted her dad... Why couldn't they take her away instead? Leave her parents alone, leave the island alone, in exchange for her life. But her life was worth nothing to Jyeh. And it was becoming nothing to her, too.

Bastian came to a halt when the guard tried to stop Arthur again but as always his glare caused great uneasiness to a person. Once they were finished they continued their way up the steps.

((Can’t really post much there. Waiting on Drow to post as well.))

Much to the guard's annoyance Arthur continued to lead the way up the stairs. Once they reached the top floor Arthur began to stride down the corridor that led to Jyeh's office. The guard had to practically run to keep up.

After a few moments they reached the Jyeh's door, but the guard blocked Arthur's path.

"Just hang on a damn minute will you?"

He looked over at his collegue who walked up with Bastain.

"Keep them here. I'll go talk to his lordship first."

When the second guard nodded his agreement the first one turned and vanished through the door. Arthur glanced over his shoulder at Bastain. He could only hope that Ceil would be able to find Diana in time.

~~~

Ceil held his side as he walked up the last flight of stairs. The less important staff tended to use this staircase at the back of the building, but he had not met any of them on his way up. Everyone was probably too busy dealing with the influx of people surging into the city.

He crept down the corridor, listening hard for the sound of anyone coming the other way. This floor was only one below where Jyeh's office was, but it contained plenty of rooms. Door by door he slunk down the corridor, pressing his ear against the wood and listening out for a sound of anyone within.

On the second to last door he got a result. Someone inside was crying, and trying very hard not to be heard. Ceil stepped back and thought. Might be Diana. Might not be. But if it was Jyeh wouldn't have left her by herself.

Stepping forward he rapped hard on the wooden door and then quickly stepped to the side.

~~~

Lowe grunted with disgust at Diana's tears and turned away. He had no time for silly little girls. Just then someone knocked on the door, but there was no other sound. He reached for the knife in his belt and got up off the table.

Moving carefully he walked over to the door and yanked it open. No one there. That meant someone could be hiding behind the wall on either side. Both sides possibly. But he couldn't check them both at once.

With a deep breath Lowe stepped forward and turned his head to the right slightly to scan that part of the corridor. He realised he had chosen the wrong direction when someone reached round from the left and quickly snatched the knife from his hand. He didn't even have time to cry out before he was slashed diagonally across the throat.

With one hand he instantly reached up to stop the blood from flowing from his neck, but with the other he tapped his chest. That was when Lowe realised that he couldn't speak. His larynx had been cut.

He eyes finally focused on Ceil, who was holding his knife and looking at him in a critical manner. In one fluid movement Ceil stepped forward and sunk the knife deep into Lowe's stomach. As the fire Summoner fell to his knees Ceil bent down and whispered something into his ear, then pushed him aside. Lowe didn't move again.

Ceil peered round the door and spotted Diana with his one remaining eye.

"There you are. In trouble again I see."

((xd.png If I'd known this was here earlier...))

Diana didn't look up as there was a knock. Probably another guard to switch shifts or something. She shook her head to herself, white streak gently swaying. Then, there was a rather loud thud. Her breath caught in her throat. Dare she believe it? Was someone here to take her away from here? She slowly raised her head, rather shiny blue eyes focusing on a face she thought she'd never see again. And that face, for the first time ever, made her heart just about sing with joy. "Ceil," she whispered, barely able to believe he was here. For her. "Ceil, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

Ceil tucked the knife into his belt and strode towards the girl. She had been crying terribly, but apart from that she looked unhurt. For that he was glad, she had been through enough already.

He patted Diana on the head and gave her what he could manage of a smile.

"Don't worry. I'm going to get you out of ARGH!"

Ceil cried out in pain and hunched over forwards. Reaching over his right shoulder he pulled something out of it. His knife. The one he had lost over Niefir when they had fled the school.

It clattered from his fingers as he turned around, and there was Zacht, standing in the doorway with a smug expression plastered across his face. On either side of him was a soldier with a crosbow. They were both pointed at Ceil's chest.

~~~

Odara watched the mass of people streaming past her window. Behind her Jaques was handing out drinks to her guests. She wondered where her son was, and if he was still alive. Rumours were circulating that a warrant had been put out for his arrest for treason. She didn't believe a word of it and nor did any of the people in her house. She wouldn't have let them inside if they had.

Diana bit her lip, looking up at him. She couldn't help the wry grin tiltin up the corners of her mouth as he patted her head; Ceil was here. Everything was going to be alright. "I'm just tie-" She absolutely froze as he yelled out, people visible over his slightly hunched figure. "No." Her voice was hoarse with shock. Oh, no, no, no. They had hurt him again, and had found them. She began tugging at her bonds and writhing with her shoulders terribly. If only she could get out and summon Rain. She was small enough to fight indoors, even if a bit cramped going through doorways. Her beautiful unicorn, she could save them. If only, if only she could tug one hand out of these terrible bonds.

((How is she tied? >D))

((Urm. I don't know the names of any knots. Just assume that it's a professional one xd.png))

One of the soldiers moved his crossbow so that it pointed at the struggling Diana instead. Ceil growled and moved sideways to block the bolt's path.

"Don't even think about it."

Zacht's eyes slowly moved over his former teacher. He took in the missing finger tips, the blinded eye, the bloody cuts and purple bruisings.

"You don't look your best 'Sir'" he smirked. "You should start thinking about retirement. Darkness Summoners don't last too long do they?"

Ceil merely grunted. Even as he was he still could have knocked Zacht's teeth out of that smug face, but he knew he wouldn't reach him before the crossbows shot him down.

"Let's go" said Zacht to Ceil and Diana. "Jyeh is waiting for you upstairs."

Diana's blue eyes narrowed. A former student by the sound of his stupid talk. She felt the rather strong urge to bash his stupid face in. She took in Ceil's movement; to protect her? Jyeh had been right; about that at least... She gave the boy a seething look. Did he expect her to magically untie herself and walk all obediently after them? Her arms were hooked over the back of a chair after all.

((I can't remember whether her arms were hooked over or not. I assumed that they were, which is why she isn't standing or stuff already. tongue.gif))

Edited by Chicogal

((Ceil: Yeah Zacht, how'd you expect her to do that?

Zacht: Shut up dry.gif ))

One of the soldiers kept his crossbow trained on Ceil while the other moved into the room to fetch Diana. He too kept his crossbow steady, but he looked less then happy about this situation. By the look on his face Cei guessed he hadn't been filled in on what was happening.

In order to prevent anything from happening to Diana Ceil willingly walked out of the meeting room and into the corridor. He stepped over Lowe's body and glared at Zacht before looking back at Diana.

"Just do as they say. It'll be alright."

The soldier unhooked Diana from the chair and pulled her to her feet. He then pushed her ahead of him and motioned for her to join Ceil in the corridor.

~~~

A few floors down a soldier patroling the corridor suddenly slipped and fell backwards onto the floor. Cursing and rubbing his head he looked around. The corridor was full of small puddles. Where had all this water come from?

Oh, Ceil. Still trying to keep her calm, perhaps oblivious to her fate. Or maybe he didn't know of the plan as she did. Diana's hands stretched before flopping back down a bit. She'd have to try again later, when they weren't right behind her. Tripping over the unexpected body like the clumsy girl she was, she fell into step behind Ceil. "It's not going to be this time," she said quietly. This was the final mess that Ceil couldn't get her out of - and perhaps couldn't get himself out of either.

((xd.png I imagine Zacht as being a right twit, so I thought it would be a bit funny.

Melted ice? o3o))

Edited by Chicogal

Khaine had done his best to keep close to Imari and the others. The frantic commotion coming from the crowd of survivors entering the city was making it hard.

Khaine felt a heavy weight in his chest; the sound of children crying for their parents, most likely victims of one of the titans, townsfolk scurrying around the city looking for whatever scraps of food and items they could gather for their families. There was even a fight, two men scrapping over a piece of meat that had fallen on the floor.

Khaine could only watch as this feeling of powerlessness took its grip on him.