Fortune86

The Power Inside

"Oh, there'll certainly still be monsters in this world," Diana hissed to him before she was dragged away. How arrogant he was. He wanted to play at being Vundiha, changing the way of nature. She sat down without resistance, looking across at the guard. She didn't want to ponder on how she was going to be killed by Jyeh. But she was thinking on what was going to happen. If Ceil came to save her, he was going to die too. But she had no way of telling him not to come. It was to be her fault. Oh, God...

Both dragon fiends took towards their destination but with caution, making sure that the military won’t surprise them. Both Imari and Bastian noticed some odd siting as they flew high above. The air seemed dirty and the color of the sky didn’t look all that blue.

“Something is off.” Bastian spoke out loud so the others could hear but it was just a feeling there was no site that something should be wrong.

“Look.” Imari shouted to her cousin, point to the ground. They only reached the main land a couple of minutes ago before they spotted hundreds of people travel towards the same direction. Bastian looked at Imari and nodded where both Drahaul and Areo started to descend to the ground.

A couple of people screamed when the dragon fiends landed but when they saw they were friendly most of them carried on with their travels.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Arthur looked at the trails of people swarmming towards the capital city. Many of them were carrying luggage or bits of furniture. Some people were even accompanied by animals, such as the odd goat or chicken.

Together with Hima he dropped down from Areo's back and walked towards an old man struggling with a hand pulled cart.

"What has happened here Sir?" he asked.

"Damn Louse smashed up Zurt Lyordeur" he grunted. "Whipped up a storm and caused half the moutain to collaspe. I could only find me grandson."

Arthur looked over at the cart. A small boy of about three was sitting teary eyed between a badly rolled up rug and a stool with a broken leg.

"You've all come from Zurt?"

"Nah. I think only twenty or so people made it out of there alive. The others are from Khemm Bceurm, Niefir and Zedih Myrk. Heard tell that the Serpent caused a tidal wave that swallowed Usi Phiedn."

"What about Dnortih Mdyhl?" asked Arthur, thinking about his aunts.

"Burned down. The Slug got them. Some military folk tried to get them off the island but the damn thing burned the boats down too. All the Titans, everywhere. Just went nuts and destroyed everything. All at once. No one knows why, but Tehgrimm Suda is the only place left standing. Got a nice thick wall round it, so right now it's the safest place to be."

Edited by Fortune86

Bastian followed Arthur but stopped in his steps when he heard something about Usi. He looked at Imari noticing the paleness in her face. She had clearly heard what the man had to say and Bastian himself could feel his anger rise. He didn’t try to show much emotion but family was indeed important to him and maybe knowing that only he and Imari was all that left from their family weakened him even more.

"I'm finding this a bit odd." Bastian spoke slowly in a low voice trying to hide his fear for his family.

Imari didn’t say much except feel the life of her body being drained. She didn’t move from Drahaul which caused Angelina to got to her and heal her back.

As the old man and his grandson moved on with the crowd Arthur turned to face the others.

"All eight Titans? Attacking at once? They have never been that organised before. Why now?"

He knew no one would have a proper answer, but Arthur agreed with Bastain that something was wrong. And his gut was telling him it had something to do with what he had seen in the cavern underneath Tehgrimm Suda.

“It will be hard to get into the city now. The military will be everywhere and they will be looking for us. Its not like we can barge in there and tear the place apart.” Bastian spoke softly so that the people wouldn’t hear. “Unless we mix within these people.”

“What about the coast line? Didn’t you say you entered a cave there? We might be able to fine a way in from there?” Imari spoke still looking a bit pale.

“I doubt that. They will have strengthen their guard there after we’ve been there.”

((Eh a bit of a useless post))

"No" said Ceil from Areo's back. "No way are you all doing this. I'll go in and get Diana. The rest of you will find somewhere to hide and stay safe."

Wincing he swung his leg over and dropped down to the ground. He looked a little understeady as he stood up straight, but he regained his composure as he walked over to Bastian, Imari and Arthur.

"You can all sneak in with the crowd and head to my mother's house. She'll keep the military off your backs."

Khaine was rendered silent, he just couldn't imagine Zurt being completed wiped out. He had no love for his abusive uncle.. but there were still people that he had gotten along with back in his home town... to think that they were possibly buried under a tonne of earth.

"i'll... i'll go to Zurt...with Crixius... maybe there are still survivors... they might be buried... with Crixius earth element... I.. i can help them.."

“Forget it. You’re not going alone.” Imari spoke looking angry at Ceil. “Not in you condition. At least one of us should go with you, I don’t give a hell what you say you’re not going alone.”

She wasn’t going to let him strode in there all alone and do who knows what. The military would easily spot him on his own.

"I agree with Imari" said Arthur. "If the military pick you up there is no way you can fight them on your own, especially in your condition."

He looked at Khaine.

"That might not be the wisest idea. Right now every one heading towards Tehgrimm Suda. If anyone is seen heading away the military will want to know why."

"That's why the safest place for you all right now would be my mother's house" insisted Ceil. "We might not have a school any more, but I am still your teacher. I am responsible for all of you."

"Not for Bastian and I" pointed out Arthur. "We have already graduated. You can't stop us from accompanying you."

Ceil stared at him with annoyance, but conceded after a few moments.

"Okay. Fine It's up to you."

He turned to the people in the group who were most definitely still his students.

"On the day we first met I told you all that my most important rule was that you all do as I tell you, even if it meant leaving someone behind. Now I am telling you to do just that. Forget about helping me and take care of yourselves. So you either go to my mother's house on your own power or I'll knock you out and have you carried there. I might not be at my best, but I can still take you half trained punks on."

"He's right" added Arthur. "Besides, if too many of us try and sneak inside the military headquarters we'll be spotted. Bastain and I know our way around. It'd make more sense for just us to accompany Ceil."

Edited by Fortune86

Khaine couldn't believe what he had heard, was this strange man telling him to just abandon those that may still be trapped under the rubble? Was he telling him to potentially abandon innocent people?

Khaine clenched his fist, he was tired of feeling powerless... the death of Gwen, the destruction of the school, Diana's abduction... what had he done to help in any of those situations... and now this...

"I thought..." he stammered, trying to build up his confidence. He was visibly shaking now, whether it be due to his nerves or a swelling anger deep within him. "I... I thought... I thought we were given this power to help people!, To help protect those that couldn't defend themselves!... and now... now your asking me to abandon the people from my hometown?! and for what... some selfish reason of yours?!?!" Khaine clenched his fist, "I am tired.. tired of being unable to help others... tired of standing in the sidelines while my friends get taken away..." he paused, slowly placing a hand over his chest as he called out Crixius

"So... I don't care what you say... we are going to Zurt..." he wasn;t even keeping eye contact with the others.

“Don’t you think they would be checking your mothers place out Ceil? They know we are coming, which means they will be waiting for us there or has already taken you mother prisoner.” Imari spoke. She felt the same as Khaine but she knew what ever was happening now had something to do what Bastian and Arthur said and she wanted to fight along side them.

"The military presense in Zurt will all already be focused on looking for survivors" pointed out Arthur to Khaine. "However if you arrive and alert them to your presence they will have to stop what they are doing to arrest you. I think judging by how many were sent after us at the school, our arrest has been given top priority. Are you really going to risk the effectiveness of the search and rescue efforts in Zurt just to relieve your own feelings?"

"I doubt that" said Ceil to Imari. "My mother has a lot of friends. Jyeh might be the ruler of the city, but my mother can pull just as many strings. Don't draw attention to yourselves and don't summon your Fiends. Not everyone will know what you look like, but they'll be on the look out for school age Summoners."

"... And whose fault is it that we are wanted by the military!" replied khaine, looking at arthur. "ever since you and that other military guy appeared, there has been nothing but trouble for our school, rosa is dead, noland is dead, ceil is on the vergeof death, diana is missing and the school is destroyed!"

"why should i even listen to you!, your the bad guys here, not me and not anyonefrom the school!"

"I'm not telling you to listen to me" said Arthur coolly. "I'm telling you to listen to your teacher. Getting angry won't solve anything."

Ceil walked over to Khaine and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Try and calm down Kahine" he said softly. "I can understand that you are upset, everyone may or may not have lost people dear to them, but we can't do anything about that right now. First things first, we need to get Diana back. Then maybe we can come up with some kind of plan."

"Why are they even with us... Ever since they arrived, it has been nothing but trouble for us..." khaine glared at the pair. If they hadn't come to us, then we wouldn't be in this mess... If the military is after them, can' we just turn them in... We are innocent..."

Ceil realised why Khaine was feeling so antagonistic towards Arthur and Bastain. When the pair explained their story, Khaine hadn't been with them. He had been on guard duty.

"Arthur and Khaine found out something very important. The military has been doing something very bad and they want to stop anyone who might use knowledge of their deeds against them."

He thought about the rooms of boxes, each containing the remains of a Summoner's crystal, and wondered just how many people had been murdered. While he found it hard to believe that the Titans' rampage across Wyhdori was related, he found the timing of it to be far too coincidental. Summoners had started going missing in such large numbers shortly before the first Titan was seen. Was there some kind of connection?

"Bad?... Like what?... Aren't they suppose to protect the people?" Khaine was confused, he had been raised to believe that he military were good people, put in place to help others, the mere idea that they were up to no good was hard for him to fathom. If they were the bad guys, then what chances did they have?, the military easily outnumbered them.

"Most of them are probably just trying to do their jobs" said Ceil. "But some of them are bad. The difficulty comes from knowing which ones to trust, especially if they are in a high position of power. They can issue orders that their well meaning underlings will carry out without knowing why."

"...and how do you know we can trust them?" he asked, looking at Arthur and Bastian. "they have only caused us problems... And now they are leading us to tehgrimm suda.. Isn't that the military capital?... What if this is a trap?..." no matter what ceil said, he still couldn't trust those two, not after their actions already caused the death of two people and inadvertanly the kidnapping of Diana, who for all they knew, could also be dead.

"Because were after them to begin with" said Ceil sounding tired. "What's the point of luring us into a trap when they are the main targets?"

He turned away to stare at the walls of the city before them.

"I'm just as upset about Rosa and Noland as you. They were my friends. Now they are gone. I know you are scared and uncertain. A lot has happened in the last twenty four hours."

Ceil turned back to Khaine.

"But even if you can't trust them, can't you trust me?"

"fine... But i'm not gonna partner up with them... Nothing good has come from being near them..", khaine placed his hand over the crystal and called back crixius. He would go along with them now, but in regards to working with them, he was still on edge.

Imari listened closely as Ceil spoke to Khaine, she was annoyed by the fact that they were treating them in such manner. She wanted to help but she also understood this wasn’t her job. Gridding her teeth she stepped closer to Ceil looking him in the eyes.

“If you or any of them get hurt or die on us I swear by the gods I will make you pay and the person who did it.” She spoke in a low whisper.

Imari then turned around and dismissed her fiend before she headed towards the line of people waiting for instructions.

Bastian wanted to confront her but decided against it. They have gotten them to at least listen to them, if he talked to her now there might be another heated talk.

Ceil nodded and gave Khaine a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"You don't have to" he said. "Just go with Imari to my mother's house. If you follow the crowd through the gate and head down the first right hand road, you'll see a large house painted blue. That's the one you want."

He turned to Arthur and Bastain.

"Any ideas on how we are going to sneak inside the HQ?"

"Just one" said Arthur.

Khaine nodded and retreated back to where the others were. He wasn,t comfortable with any of this and he could only imagine the force they would be up against. He stood there and watched as the civilians made their way to tehgrimm suda.

They seemed broken, as if all life were drained out of them, their faces pale in color. His heart was aching, many of them were from his home village.