Fortune86

The Power Inside

"I'll take care of things down here" said Ceil. "You go up stairs and make sure everyone is okay. A lot of wounded Summoners will be coming back to the city now. Get yourself seen to and then get some rest."

He didn't look at her while he spoke.

Diana's bright blue eyes flitted across the bodies still hooked onto the broken machines. Ephron; she could just about see him. She noticed how her battered teacher didn't look at her. Perhaps he didn't have the strength to. "I... I'll do that. Thank you for everything," she said, voice carrying although the low tone. "And... I'm sorry." Her voice dropped to a whisper. Turning tail, she hurried after the unicorn, forcing her tired legs to go. He needed to be alone. Her words probably meant nothing to him, but she'd felt the need to say something. A hand gently rested on Arthur's slumped forward body, making sure he stayed on as they made their way up the stairs. Once in the main building again, she found a Light Summoner and put Arthur onto one of the many beds - ironically - set up inside the building. Holding onto her unicorn, she let herself be healed. It was wonderful to not hurt, but it didn't fix the slightly blank expression and heavy feeling in her heart. Oh, Ceil. Finally, at the insistence of a slightly scary healer, she desummoned Rain. But not before putting her arms around her sweaty blue neck, kissing the side of it, and whispering softly. "We did it." Then she was gone, blue most dissipating. She collapsed into a chair, only really then feeling the extent of her exhaust. But no, she was not relaxed enough for sleep.

Edited by Chicogal

((Sorry Chico. I though Diana was still on Rain's back.))

When Diana had gone Ceil turned to look at the altar. Jyeh was slumped against the stone, his eyes still wide with shock. His head,arms and shoulders were covered in teeth and claw marks. He had obviously put up quite the fight to keep Hima away from his neck.

Ceil strode across the stone floor towards the former leader of Tehgrimm Suda and bent down to pull the knife from his side. Ceil looked at it for a moment before standing up and wiping the blade on his shirt.

For the first time since he had entered the cavern he looked properly at the people laid on the altar. A few of them he knew by sight, but there was one who made his stomach turn. Ephron.

Ceil walked around the altar until he reached his former teacher and gently touched the man's face. He could be sleeping, although Ceil knew he would not wake. Ceil bowed his head and put his forehead to Ephron's, closing his eyes. Without looking he reached out and drew the blade across Ephron's throat. There was no response. Not even a sigh.

Pulling himself away Ceil slowly worked his way around the altar, sending each of the people on it into what he hoped was a better place. If anyone deserved to make such a journey, it was these eight people here.

When he was done Ceil sat at the base of the altar, on the other side of Jyeh's corpse, and cried for the first time in years.

Khaine was sitting in a tent a light summoner was attending to his wounds . Before the fight had ended a large chunk of debris had been sent flying towards were Khaine was along with several other summoners.

Crixius had raised a stone arm to shield them as best he could, in the process causing Khaine's arm to break as Crixius's right arm shattered.

Diana let a hand rest over her face, an elbow on the arm of her chair. She let air puff out of her lungs with a soft, 'whoosh.' It was so strange. The Summoner's school had been fine, then everything had been thrown, torn, apart. Rosa and Noland were dead. Her family... Was probably dead too. Drawing her legs up onto the chair, she rested her forehead on her knees and rocked slightly. Maybe that was why she'd been so insistent on Ceil living. She really did have no-one close to her left. He was the closest one, and that was a very strange thought. She was honestly too worn out to cry anymore, but that didn't stop the closed eyes, teeth on her bottom lip, nails digging into her elbows. Her fellow students might be dead, out on those fields. Perhaps Imari was lying on the ground, bones broken beyond healing from a great fall. Maybe Khaine was a bloody mass, squashed by a Titan. Possibly, Bastian was lying on the ground with a huge wound through his torso. So much death, so much pain, so much blood. "Please, Vundiha," she murmured. "You have taken my family, my dear headmaster and our lovely nurse. Please keep the rest safe. Please let them be alive."

Edited by Chicogal

After a light Summoner had healed his wounds it took Arthur several minutes to regain consciousness. He sat up on the makeshift bed he had been placed on and looked around, a little muzzy. Eventually he spotted Diana, sitting by herself in a nearby chair. She also bore the signs of having been in a fight, but he could not see any injuries. She must have been tended to already if she had been hurt.

Swinging his legs round Arthur stood up and walked towards her.

"Where are the others?" he asked.

Diana started as Arthur spoke to her. She'd been in a bit of her own world. Diana World. "Ceil is downstairs still. I... I don't know where the others are. There are people getting the wounded," she replied to him, quietly and blandly, not really bothering to look up at him.

Edited by Chicogal

Bastian slowly made his way down the corridors asking whoever had passed him on where was Ceil. He also bumped into his mother but all she could tell was that she lost him when he went down a flight of stairs.

It wasn’t long when he noticed a familiar horse fiend running through one of the many corridors but he didn’t follow, instead he went to the direction they came from.

Finally Bastian had reached a door crowed by people. Luckily for him he was small enough to push through them until he reached the door.

~~

Imari continued her work amongst the other summoners on the battle field. Those that didn’t make it were taken away to a part where their bodies could be treated and then buried. It would be a long process but luckily everyone agreed that they need care even if they were dead. It would also give the families time to say their final goodbyes.

Arthur was worried about Bastain. He knew he did not have many friends, but he had one in the Private. He turned from Diana to go and look for Bastain, but he wasn't to move far before the door behind him pushed open and Bastain stepped through.

Arthur gave his friend a small nod of acknowledgement. That was a hug of relief by the ice Summoner's standards.

"Are you injured?" he asked.

"Your free to go now. The feeling in your arm should return within the next few hours... don't do anything strenuos over the next few weeks" spoke the light summoner. "Also, make sure to get the bandage changed every other day" she finished before walking off to attend to another injured summoner.

Khaine stepped out of the tent, his arm in a sling and his head bandaged up. He had a scar just above his right eye.

Turning around Bastian was glad to meet a familiar face. Straightening himself Bastian glared at the people behind for shoving and pushing. The whole city seemed to have gone even more crazy than when the titans attacked.

“I’m fine for now. I’ll get checked out later. There are others that needed the healers more than what I do.”

He then caught a glimpse of Diana sitting silently, not even making eye contact. He was glad that she was safe and that she had been taken care of.

“Where is Ceil? He wasn’t where we left him.”

"According to Diana he is downstairs. I think he must have come in search of me when I did not reappear."

Arthur glanced around and spotted Khaine. He looked...awful, which confused Arthur. Every other Summoner or citizen who had been or was being treated by a Light Summoner was walking around injury free, the magic of the Light Fiends healing all wounds. Even Arthur, who had been badly burned by the coils of a Fire Fiend not an hour ago, had nothing to show for it save his ruined clothes. Had Khaine insulted the Light Summoner somehow and they had refused to treat him? The only other people who looked as bad as he was were the Darkness Summoners, who were being treated by ordinary doctors in a far corner.

However, before Arthur could make any inquires he was approached by a soldier.

"Arthur? Have you seen your uncle around? Lord Jyeh? Nobody seems to know where he is."

Arthur glanced over at Bastain. Time for the lies to start.

"I'm afraid my uncle has passed away" he told the soldier. "There was some confusion, and an accident. We won't know what happened until an inquiry has taken place, which won't be able to happen until things have been sorted out here."

The soldier looked shocked, but nodded and accepted the situation. He hurried away and when he was gone Arthur turned back to Diana and Bastain.

"We need to find Ceil and get everyone together. I've bought us some time, but we need to plan our next move."

Diana snapped out of it, and got up. "...Ceil's gonna be pretty out of it," she murmured, crossing her arms. "I guess just one of us needs to get him. Who'll go get him?" She glanced from one to the other. She wouldn't mind going, but one of them may want to.

"I'll go" said Arthur. "I know the way. I'll meet you all back up in Jyeh's office. It's such a mess I doubt anyone will be using it at the moment."

Diana nodded, ever so slightly glad. She didn't know if she could face him after having to do what he had to. Not because she thought it wrong he put them out of their misery. Because she pitied him. And Ceil would never appreciate pity. "Come on, then," she mumbled quietly, bright blue gaze dropping down again as she tugged at Bastian's shirt and turned around. Then, she quite promptly headed the wrong way.

((...THERE'S ALWAYS A PLACE FOR DIANA ANTICS. biggrin.gif))

Turning his back on the others Arthur began to walk away. There were so many people milling around, most with various kinds and severity of injuries, that his second journey down to the underground cavern took much longer than the first.

When he opened the door leading to the cavern he was concerned about what he would find, but to his surprise he found....nothing. No giant machine, no altar, no bodies. Nothing at all. Just a vast cave of blank rock.

Wondering if he had taken a wrong turning somewhere and ended up in a completely differet secret underground laboratory it took Arthur a moment to realise something else had changed. There was a large hole in the far wall, and he could hear the lapping of water.

Arthur broke out into a run and headed towards the hole. As he crossed the floor he saw numerous scuff marks and scratches in the stone. Something large and heavy had been moving around.

When he reached the hole Arthur heard a splashing noise and looked around to see Ceil, gently dropping something into the lagoon that lay beyond. Looking down he saw that the scuff marks extended right up to the waters edge.

"You had Seth push everything into the water?" he asked.

Ceil stood up and nodded.

"Yes. The whole lot. There's a good current here so most of it will end up in the middle of the ocean, where it belongs."

Arthur looked on and saw several bodies drifting gently in the water. There were a fair distance away so he could not make them out clearly, but he could see the strips of cloth that had been tied to their wrists. A small sign of respect to the former Summoners. They would mostly likely float straight out to sea and be mistaken for victims of the Titans, which in a way, they were.

There was one body missing though, his uncle's. Even at this distance Jyeh's pale hair should be recognisable, but Arthur couldn't see it. He looked back at the water where he had just heard Ceil dropping something in and decided he wasn't going to ask. It wasn't like he cared.

"I've asked the others to meet us in Jyeh's office. I think we all need to talk about what happens next."

Ceil nodded.

"Very well. Lead the way."

Arthur nodded as well and stepped back through the hole. Together with his former teacher he began to head back upstairs.

Due to the excessive amount of injured summoners, Khaine had been brushed aside by the experienced healers. Whilst his injuries were severe, he was not in a life threatening situation, thus he was led towards one of the lesser experienced healers who was tasked with easing the pain.

For the more complicated things such as reconnecting the bones and muscles, he would have to wait for one of the experienced light summoners.

It was several minutes before he was led into another tent.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Drow? I already posted that the only other people as badly wounded as Khaine were the darkness summoners.

Those with minor-medium injuries would be seen to the less experienced Summoners, while those like Kahine who had been badly injured would be seen by the more experienced ones.))

Bastian took hold of Diana’s hand bringing her to a halt. Clearly she was in thought and didn’t know which way she was going or she could have simply no idea where she was.

“We should go this way.” Bastian spoke softly not wanting fright her out of her thoughts. Gently he pulled her in the right direction where they both made there way back to the tower.

At the same time Bastian had gave Areo orders to find his cousin and bring them back to the tower. They were as much in it as they all were.

((xd.png I don't think Drow gets how magic healing works lol.))

Ceil looked around as he and Arthur slowly trudged up the stairs. Now that the Titans were gone, everyone was focusing on helping the injured, catching wayward animals and finding lost family members. Ceil wondered just how many people had died in the last twenty four hours. He could hear people crying, their sobs echoing through the building.

It took a long time for Ceil to climb the staircase back up to Jyeh's ruined office. His most recent injuries were starting to take their toll, slowly his ascent. Arthur was kind enough to keep pace with him, but Ceil couldn't help but feel annoyed with himself.

Diana blinked, glancing back at him. "Oh." She let Bastian lead her, lips turned downward in a deep expression of sadness as she saw all the pain around her. Her heart ached as well; she wanted to collapse into a pile of sobs and wails too. But there was a strong hope in her heart that maybe her parents had escaped? Maybe her father had been wise and sailed them away or something...? It was futile, but it was what kept her going. Once they were at the room, she crossed her arms over her chest and dipped her head down.

Ceil and Arthur arrived at Jyeh's office shortly after Bastain and Diana. Imari and Khaine were absent which worried Ceil, but when he looked over at Arthur the boy caught his eye.

"I believe they are both okay. They will be here shortly."

Ceil nodded and leaned against the wall. He felt very, very tired.

((Spirit? Can Imari drag Khaine up with her?))

((I'm planning that. He just has to follow))

Imari was helping getting people to the healer tents when Drahual informed her of Areo. It seems like he wanted them to follow him somewhere. She excused herself and went outside meeting up with both of the large dragon fiends.

“What?” she spoke loud enough for the red dragon to hear. Areo kept swinging his head towards the city and then looked back at Imari.

“Fine. Should I fetch Khaine?”

Areo nodded as he looked down at the young summoner. Imari turned around without saying a word to go look for Khaine. She had seen him enter a tent earlier. Walking at a speedy pace she peaked into every tent until she noticed the young earth summoner.

“Khaine!” she called out. “We have to go now.”

~~

During their walk up the stairs Bastian kept his eye on Diana. She didn’t seem right to him but he wasn’t sure how to approach her in this situation. If it was family he would just usually give them a punch on the shoulder. That usually got the conversation started but Diana wasn’t family.

“So... er, are you okey?”

((...Bastian amuses me. In a good way. xd.png))

Diana glanced up as Ceil entered with Arthur, lips turning upward briefly at the sight of her teacher before she returned to her rather somber musings. She sniffled, rubbing at one of her eyes when Bastian asked her a question. "Nah, I'm fine," she mumbled. Then, after a moment- "Actually, I'm not fine. My family is probably dead, Noland and Rosa have died, our ruler has turned out to be a psycho, and I feel like crap," she said, long sentence in one big breath. She looked at him, clearing her throat awkwardly before returning her bright gaze back to the floor. Talk about bringing spirits down... She shouldn't have really gone on like that. "But I guess I'm lucky I'm still here. Pure dumb luck that I was chosen as a Summoner..."

Edited by Chicogal

((Can you be amused in a bad way? o3o))

"Imari!" replied Khaine as he heard her voice. He hadn't wanted to admit it, but the thought that 1 or more of his fellow students at the Academy might have perished. He hadn't seen any of them on the battlefield, which only served to heighten his worries.

"Go..? Go.. Where?" he asked, her words finally registering with him. They had just fended off the titans... the thought of having to go anywhere besides a warm bed was daunting to say the least... had something happened which warranted such urgency?