Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Grr >.< I have played the Befriend a Pokemon game and gotten Espeon 3 times but it won't save :/

Grr >.< I have played the Befriend a Pokemon game and gotten Espeon 3 times but it won't save :/

What do you mean it won't save? owo What does it say?

People say that you know it saves when you go to the game and it says you have already picked your pokemon. Mine doesn't say that.

Hey, I stumbled upon a shiny Heatran and I didn't want it. I honestly think Thundurous or whatever it is is a lame pokemon, just as I don't really like shiny Heatran.

When you said you gave up the shiny, did you give it to someone that you at least interacted with a little? Was it Heatran? xd.png I think everyone thinks it's ugly, so it's really not a good example. lol

Sure, if I used it for a while, I could have gotten it up to level 100. If I wanted. Or, maybe, they hacked for rare candies and leveled it up that way; I do that all the time with pokemon that are requested at high levels on GTS.

The reason why I said nothing about rare candies is because it suggests that the player also hacks pokemon, so it doesn't do a whole lot to refute the skepticism of the level 100 Thundurus.

You see? Maybe you didn't use it wrong but it was definitely the wrong word to use.

What was the point of showing me elook.org? I already gave a site with two definitions. People use "obviously" all the time without actual 100% certainty. I thought it was obvious enough, but sometimes I forget it's not so obvious to others.

People say that you know it saves when you go to the game and it says you have already picked your pokemon. Mine doesn't say that.

Are you logged in/signed up to the site?

Can we stop arguing about the stupid shiny Thundurus thing? Gawd.

You know, there IS a site where it will tell you whether it is hacked or not. It uses the GTS, but it sends your Pokemon back if you follow the instructions. :/

Alpha1 I copy and pasted the definition from the site you provided.

Can we stop arguing about the stupid shiny Thundurus thing? Gawd.

You know, there IS a site where it will tell you whether it is hacked or not. It uses the GTS, but it sends your Pokemon back if you follow the instructions. :/

I was not actually caring if the thundarus was hacked or not, I just was being nit-picky about words xd.png.

Anyways, I can breed a lot of starters on my black version now, I have been transferring from SoulSilver, so if anyone has any trade offers...

I was not actually caring if the thundarus was hacked or not, I just was being nit-picky about words xd.png.

Anyways, I can breed a lot of starters on my black version now, I have been transferring from SoulSilver, so if anyone has any trade offers...

Me too really. I just suck at explaining myself DX

EDIT:Oh noes, mod wrath! Sorry nix.

Edited by crazywargod

When you said you gave up the shiny, did you give it to someone that you at least interacted with a little? Was it Heatran? xd.png I think everyone thinks it's ugly, so it's really not a good example. lol

The reason why I said nothing about rare candies is because it suggests that the player also hacks pokemon, so it doesn't do a whole lot to refute the skepticism of the level 100 Thundurus.

Nope. ^^; I was surfing GTS and saw someone wanted a Heatran, so I shipped it off. x3 I think shiny Thundurus, or normal Thundurus for that matter, is ugly xd.png

but now I have a shiny moltres that I SRed for myself, and I'M NOT LETTING IT GO >:3 /pets Maui

Well, I don't hack pokemon anymore. I've had people hack for me, but I wouldn't trade it away if I went to the trouble of hacking for it... >>; Plus, GTS never lets me anyways. But I hacked a while ago and have like, a 1000 rare candies that I use for GTS trades x3

Nope. ^^; I was surfing GTS and saw someone wanted a Heatran, so I shipped it off. x3 I think shiny Thundurus, or normal Thundurus for that matter, is ugly xd.png

but now I have a shiny moltres that I SRed for myself, and I'M NOT LETTING IT GO >:3 /pets Maui

Well, I don't hack pokemon anymore. I've had people hack for me, but I wouldn't trade it away if I went to the trouble of hacking for it... >>; Plus, GTS never lets me anyways. But I hacked a while ago and have like, a 1000 rare candies that I use for GTS trades x3

A smart individual wouldn't need an unlimited supply of rare candies. They would just set the level. wink.gif

Well, I'm basing my hypothesis off of someone like myself. ^^ That's where my skepticism comes from, because there's people like me out there who find shinies they don't want but use their giant wad of rare candies.

And like I keep saying, I still don't understand how they're getting past the GTS wall, since none of mine have been able to.

Edit: Besides, I don't know how to hack pokemon. If I wanted a hacked pokemon, I asked my friends to make it for me. But I wouldn't trade it off to someone else. >> So that seems kind of stupid.

Editedit: Eeek, sorry Nix. ; -;

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Stop going on about the "obviously hacked" argument or I'll start handing out warns for off-topic and arguing.

That out of the way, I've gotten to Black City and am just wandering around aimlessly atm, grinding and whatever.

Huh....I wonder how good Watchog is....I'd like to use it but the fact that Team Plasma uses it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Kinda turns me off of the idea =/ Anyone own one?

Huh....I wonder how good Watchog is....I'd like to use it but the fact that Team Plasma uses it. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Kinda turns me off of the idea =/ Anyone own one?

I have one biggrin.gif But I use it for breeding... (wants a shiny Patrat)

I got like 3 and a Watchog...don't use em much myself

I gave up on the Befriend a Pokemon game >.>

Anyone wanna do it for me? xd.png Just kidding tongue.gif (unless you want to biggrin.gif)

Retaliate Watchog = Sad me.

Speaking of, on Black, yet to challenge Lenora due to that Watchog. :I

I've used a Watchog in every single playthrough of Black and White(in both Japanese games and my English White xd.png). It is a good shiny catcher I must say, if you don't have a way to get a Smeargle or something smile.gif.

How is Smeargle a good shiny catcher...?

How is Smeargle a good shiny catcher...?

Mainly because you can teach it any of the moves that could be considering good for catching shinies(like Mean Look for runners, Spore for sleeping, False Swipe, etc.)

I've used Smeargle a lot for catching shinies, so I don't have to switch to another Pokemon to put something to sleep, whittle its health down, etc.

Ah, I see. ^^;

For the Befriend a Pokemon game thing, could you make multiple accounts to get all of the eeveelutions since you can only get one on one account?

I think I'll use a Watchog on my next playthrough....as well as Scraggy/Scraffty.

I have yet to run into a natural shiny...but that's to be expected rolleyes.gif

Well, I'm basing my hypothesis off of someone like myself. ^^ That's where my skepticism comes from, because there's people like me out there who find shinies they don't want but use their giant wad of rare candies.

And like I keep saying, I still don't understand how they're getting past the GTS wall, since none of mine have been able to.

Just a few points to clear up future confusion on Rare Candy farming and GTS firewall:

There's not much of a way to get giant wads of Rare Candies in these games. There's one person that gives you Rare Candies in Anville Town, but he randomly decides when to give it to you. You could use Pickup, but you'd have a 10% chance of finding it with a Lv. 91-100 mon. You also can't get items from Gen 4 or 3 by using the PokeShifter... And from what I've heard, Gen 5 games trade via GTS on a different set of servers than the Gen 4 games, making it impossible to trade over items like TMs. So while it's still possible to farm for Rare Candy, it's much harder without having Rare Candies and items from the Emerald Cloning glitch being on hand.

Now as for the GTS wall...

GTS looks for any Pokemon that can't logically be found in some way. So let's say you have two Lv. 100 Magikarps, one from Platinum, and one from Black. Both of them were said to have been caught at Lv. 100. The one from Black has to be fake, because Lv. 100 Magikarp aren't catchable in the game, however, the Platinum one may be legit because you can catch them in the Resort Area. However, if the Platinum one was caught on Route 201... It's not going to fly (not only because you can't get a Lv. 100 Pokemon there, but also because Magikarp can't be caught on that Route PERIOD. It also looks for movesets and stuff...

However, I could easily hack a Lv. 100 Magikarp on Platinum, and have the data say that it was caught at the Resort Area using a legit ball, with legit moves and normal stats... I could even make it Shiny if I wanted to (since you CAN catch Shiny Lv. 100 Magikarps at the Resort Area), and because it LOOKS completely legit, I can trade it.

However, occasionally some "Fuzzy" hacks, or Pokemon that are slightly altered from what you'd normally find (like maybe a Lv. 2 Rattata in an area where the lowest is 3 (usually the GTS catches it, but not all of the time) get through the firewall, or it gets through before certain measures are added (like maybe they forgot to program in that a Magikarp with Dragon Rage isn't legit, or maybe they don't realize that currently only an Event Zoroark can learn Bark Out). The people who get these hacked Pokemon are subject to any changes made to the trading/battling system... so maybe that Zigzagoon you picked up for a friend can't be traded to them, or maybe you evolved it into a Linoone because it had great IV's and wanted to use it online, or maybe it's just vegging out in your PC, but you wanted to enter a national tournament...

Perfect hacks aren't what generally cause problems*, It's usually the fuzzy hacks, because someone could potentially be labelled as a hacker just because a not-so-obvious hack made it through a hole in the system.

*Though many people (myself included) find that perfect hacks cheapen the real deals (I mean, just look at the discussion, we can't tell whether the Thundurus is hacked or not for sure, but many people are more inclined to believe it is. Imagine finding a shiny in your game and having people wonder if it is legit or not because hacking can yield the same result.), and that while we're fine with people confining it to their carts, when they get non-consenting people involved in trading (people who specifically want REAL shinies), it becomes an issue.

And just a word of warning to everyone about the GTS. There have been groups popping up who have made hacked servers for GTS that are playable on your games, you have to manually punch in the address for it though (don't ask, it's a bit confusing), so you aren't going to just happen upon it normally. If someone asks you to use an unauthorized server (like telling you "Hey, I found a bunch of shinies/you need a Spiritomb? Come on over here!"), it's in your best interests to decline. The servers generally accept any trade, meaning that any mon, no matter how innocent and legit looking, may indeed be a fuzzy hack (usually a lot fuzzier than most others). Some of these servers even function to give ONLY hacked mons to screw with you, sometimes altering base stats for a mon by a few points. Even worse, there have been reports of these hacks negatively affecting your game, where almost all GTS-based fuzzy hacks don't.

So if you find one of these servers, stay away from them or accept the possible consequences, and if anyone you know has been found by these people, tell them to be careful. Right now these groups are running on the lack of information about their actions and by how innocent they look as they're offering Lv. 50 Zekroms that were caught in White in N's castle... But these could harm your games...

So just a friendly warning... none of you have to fear anything this insidious getting through the GTS, but do try to be on the lookout for the more obvious fuzzies (like my Dragon Rage Magikarp example (which IDK if that actually IS a fuzzy hack, but a quick look on Serebii should confirm the fuzziness of a mon's movepool)).

Hope this helps clear up a few things...

-K-

Edited by Kamak