7sharps

My Little Pony

I really enjoyed Slice of Life. There was so much fanservice in there. wub.gif I figured Hasbro would do something epic for its 100th episode, but I didn't expect that.

I really enjoyed Slice of Life. There was so much fanservice in there. wub.gif I figured Hasbro would do something epic for its 100th episode, but I didn't expect that.

Agreed. I just watched it on youtube and it was filled with so much awesome that I got a bit overwhelmed. It's like every character that fans have thoerized and talked about was given a voice, a personality and a soul as the fans portayed them in the fandom, proving that Hasbro pays attention and that our appreciation for the show means something to them. I know I said before that the Gilda episode was my fav, but this one takes the cake. wub.gif

Has anyone watched the Bronies React videos on youtube?

Yes, I love their videos. My favorites are their videos for the Season 5 premiere, the Season 2 finale, and MLP Generation 3.

Saw 'Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep' yesterday.

OMG Luna. All I wanted to do was pick her up and give her a hug. Such feels.

It was also a pretty funny episode too. Loved seeing Big Mac's dream xd.png And Luna's quick arrival made me laugh.

Season five has been doing pretty well so far, got me worked up for it then SLAM! mid-season hiatus! Ugh... For this, and all shows, is one thing I get annoyed with, in a good way.

Hey, does thread mind Equestria Girls? If not, what's your thoughts with this Games one coming out? I'll most likely just wait for it to be aired on the channel to watch it.

I wasn't that impressed with the first movie to be honest. I've never really liked the idea of alternate selves.

I was very skeptical at first, now, it's alright. I'm a huge fan of Parodies, and other crossovers so, alternate selves was no issue for me. But, I do hope it kinda stops, I mean, it might not, but three is MORE than enough.

My friend and I were both very skeptical about the movies at first and I was the one to take the plunge and watch it. And I enjoyed it quite a bit. Then he told me that rainbow rocks was alright so I watched that and it was good.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy the movies, but I prefer the 'pony' cast to the 'human' cast.

It's just that the human cast are supposed to be the pony cast, but they are not them. They are different people. They're not the ponies. I want to watch a movie about the ponies.

It wasn't that I didn't enjoy the movies, but I prefer the 'pony' cast to the 'human' cast.

It's just that the human cast are supposed to be the pony cast, but they are not them. They are different people. They're not the ponies. I want to watch a movie about the ponies.

Pretty much this. I look at the movies as a really hard push on Hasbro's part to sell their toy lines (even more so than the regular show is). I heard there is an actual pony movie coming out in the future, but I would have much preferred that they had done and stuck with a pony movie instead of Equestria Girls. It worked in the past and I don't see a need for a "human spin off"--except to sell their toys.

Thats exactly what I thought, I didn't think it would be good and I didn't want it to not be ponies. However, I heard good things so I risked watching it and I came out quite surprised and satisfied in the movie. And I thought the second movie was an improvement on the first (albeit whilst still obviously being a cash grab).

Pretty much this.  I look at the movies as a really hard push on Hasbro's part to sell their toy lines (even more so than the regular show is). I heard there is an actual pony movie coming out in the future, but I would have much preferred that they had done and stuck with a pony movie instead of Equestria Girls. It worked in the past and I don't see a need for a "human spin off"--except to sell their toys.

If there is a movie about the actual ponies, I'll certainly try to watch it. While I liked EG1 I wasn't keen enough to try the second one. I'd dismiss the EG movies from canon but it seems Sunset (who I had down as a movie only character) will be in the season 5 finale.

Thats exactly what I thought, I didn't think it would be good and I didn't want it to not be ponies. However, I heard good things so I risked watching it and I came out quite surprised and satisfied in the movie. And I thought the second movie was an improvement on the first (albeit whilst still obviously being a cash grab).

I don't much care for the human versions either, but I do like Sunset. And, after my niece asked me to watch the second movie I really loved that Vinyl was the one who saved the mane 6 er, 7. Plus the villains were cool, at least there creature forms and the lore that surrounded them. (is ignoring the fact that they share her username)

I am looking forward to a Pony movie though. happy.gif

I enjoyed the EG movies, but more for the music than the characters and plot. I agree about the shameless cash grab on Hasbro's part, they've been doing that to their franchises through movies for years (I remember the original Transformers movie teaching me that). I haven't seen the newest movie yet, but I'll catch it eventually.

A pony movie is overdue. I'm sure Hasbro can create a plot long enough to last an hour and twenty minutes.

I'm really excited for the Season 5 finale. Starlight has quickly become one of my favorite villains, second only to Chrysalis.

I'm really excited for the Season 5 finale. Starlight has quickly become one of my favorite villains, second only to Chrysalis.

They're gonna have to work hard to top the Season 4 finale, but I'm looking forward to it. Especially with all of the awesomeness that's happened during the season. And I haven't even seen all the episodes yet.

I wasn't that impressed with the first movie to be honest. I've never really liked the idea of alternate selves.

^This for me.

I've watched Equestria Girls, and I just feel meh towards it.

The season 5 finale is awesome! Probably my favorite two-parter now!

On another note, does anyone else listen to Sylphstorm and/or Blackgryphon? Maybe a bit of Ponyphonic? I'm listening to 'Adventurer' and 'Heroes' (Sylphstorm) right now.

I was underwhelmed by the season 5 finale. There were some great moments, to be sure, but... I just thought there'd be more. Maybe I overhyped myself due to how great season 4's finale was; I need to stop doing that. I felt season 3's finale was a letdown after season 2's for the same reason (though I loved the music). It will be interesting to see where the show goes from here.

There's a 'feature length' MLP movie coming out in 2017 that is, as Jazeki said, non-EQG/EG.

Who else is looking forward to it?

There's a 'feature length' MLP movie coming out in 2017 that is, as Jazeki said, non-EQG/EG.

Who else is looking forward to it?

I am. The Human-style movies are alright, especially in the second one when Vinyl helped save the day, but I'm just not that much into the human version of the characters than I am the ponies. Even if they're the same. *scratches head* Anyway, I wonder what kind of event is so huge that it'll take a full-length movie to handle? Maybe it'll be about Star Swirl the Bearded? That'd be worth a movie. smile.gif

Season 6 is off to a good start. I cannot get enough of Maud Pie. biggrin.gif I haven't seen last week's episode, I'll try to catch it this week.

How many episodes have there been so far for 6? I'm so far behind. I haven't even seen the season opener. Is there anywhere to watch it online besides youtube? Every time I look there the full episodes are removed. dry.gif

I'm very behind too, and probably will do for a bit.

Looking at the listings I see there are a few episodes centered around Starlight. Is she now supposed to be part of the main cast? I know we are now missing a unicorn from the balance, but introducing a new character means the character focus rota will shrink. Plus, I can't get take to Starlight herself.