Katie

First dead dragon?

How did you react to you're first DEAD dragon?  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Always and only failed ND experiments. rolleyes.gif

One case of sickness when I added a new nebula egg to a big site on day 1 by accident, but that was soon cured. Since I haven't tried out my vamp yet, no failbites for me. No attacks on my eggs or unforeseen compy death either (dear universe, please let things stay that way).

My first dead dragon was a very inbred black that I killed trying to get a zombie this past Halloween. The only dragons I've killed were for the same reason on the same day and I wasn't the least bit upset at their loss but disappointed that no zombies were created.

Back a loong time ago I had my first dead dragon, this is when I didn't know that dragons could die, only eggs. I raged at the computer for a minute and then said to myself, Whatever and left.

My first dead dragon was on Halloween last year when i tried for a zombie. I actually raised that dragon to kill and try to turn it into a zombie so i already knew that it might die... i didn't really care much about it. i forget what breed it was now

Mine was a old Pink hatching that ran out of time. I was dead new and didn't know about the Forum or the fansites. sad.gif

I found the Forum about a month later.

^I was in a similar situation. Except it was two or so years ago. I was nearly inconsolable. And waaaay traumatized. Swore off Dragcave and said NEVER AGAIN!!

A year later I signed up for the forums. But this was because of a particularly promising looking RP. It got it's own site so I stopped coming on here.

A couple of days ago I saw a friend's dragons and clicked on them for her. Logged in out of curiousity to view the AP and accidentally clicked on one of the eggs.

I tried raising them but the eggs were running out of time. So I put them in my signature and she submitted them to an ER site ( they really had just minutes left) and the rest is history.

My first dead dragon died of some sort of view bombing. I was sorta surprised to see it dead, since I hadn't added it to any fansites. My reaction was something like "Poor dragon. sad.gif", then I got over it and continued with DC. laugh.gif

Mine was a mint, the first egg I ever caught. It died for not having enough views and ran out of time. (I hadn't realized just how many views they needed to get. ^^; ) I felt pretty guilty about it, but luckily I learned from that mistake! When I got my second egg, a gray, I found a list of fansites and tips and such for newbies and watched that egg like a hawk to make sure it hatched healthy and grew up. xd.png

I was sad sad.gif

It was a split that got too many views, I think someone posted it somewhere. It actually died while fogged, which I didn't think was possible before sad.gif

Other than that I have successfully avoided any getting killed, after that I turned off 'accepting aid' on my scroll...

Edited by jreid9001

The first (and so far only) dragon I ever had that died was a failed vamp bite. I'm hoping that's the ONLY reason anything of mine ever gets killed. xd.png

Mine were 2 of my first four (Guardian and Dorsal). I was new and still considering joining the forums, so I had no knowledge of fansites or even how to keep them alive. They died with about 90 clicks....

To tell the truth, before the "Awwww they died? :'(" phase, I was just "....lolwut they died?". xd.png

I had had 4 and a half months and 74 dragons before my first dead dragon. It was a low-time White hatchie I caught off the AP. I was astonished that I'd caught it, and I didn't really want it anyway. I had really only clicked it as sort of a joke to myself "Oh, I can never catch hatchies off the AP..." xd.png Anyway, it had a great lineage, and I found out it was a lost trade (and was even MORE suprised that I'd gotten it!) So I tried to return it, but the people who lost it replied saying they didn't want it anymore. I didn't really want it, so I fogged it to look for a good home for it. I went to bed, forgetting that it was so low on time, and when I logged into my scroll the next morning, there was a tombstone at the top of my scroll. dry.gif

I chose other because my first dead dragon was my first egg.

When I saw the broken shell, at first I was like,

"Wait, why does it look like that?" and then I was "Why did it die?" So...

Edited by AmberEmber

Lol it was a vamp bite. I had no idea that vamp bites could kill the egg so I was all wut.

My first dead dragon was a zombie attempt in '09. I think I might've lost another one Halloween '10. I was sad that it stayed dead.

My first dead dragon was a Neglected attempt. I was disappointed it didn't turn.

My first four dragon eggs all died. I didn't know about hatcheries and I was pretty disappointed when they died on me. Other than that, no deaths. =)

An egg I Earthquaked... I don't remember the breed or how I reacted. It was probably a nonchalant, "Ok, my egg died. Poor egg. Won't be doing that again."

As far as I remember, it was a Flamingo Wyvern egg. Got the egg, put in on a forum (in 2010 probably hatcheries didn't exist yet... please correct me if I'm not right). Then my internet broke for entire day. Next morning I saw a broken shell. Sickness killed it. :C My reaction? Of course I was mad.

I only ever had one!

I was new and thought killing got rid of eggs BEFORE

the 5 hours to abandon.... I was pretty mad about me been wrong.

First dragon to die was... I think a mint. Whatever it was, it was a zombie attempt. Didn't really care very much as I was quite new when I tried for zombies so I wasn't attached to any of my dragons (except my first dragon) at that point.

I've only ever had one egg die completely accidentally (barring vamps and zombies because you know there's a risk involved with those) and that was a little CB sunsong egg because I didn't know it had soft shell and I was out till really late at night so I couldn't save it. I cared a little more for that one because this happened quite late in the game so I never expected an egg to die from sickness on me. Plus I love sunsongs. I had been vigilant up to that point. :<

Edited by Varekis