Katie

First dead dragon?

How did you react to you're first DEAD dragon?  

317 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Barring dragons killed in glitches/bugs/data loss, my first death was a male Black Dorkface Thuwed blah blah. I killed him for a zombie attempt =o Alas, he turned to dust (and made me wait a whole 'nother year to try again, hmph).

sad.gif Just had my first dragon die -- it was a failed vampire bite attempt. I had gotten overconfident because my other vampires had all gotten a successful vamp-n'-repulse on their first bites, plus my dragons tend to breed successfully the first time, so I thought my new vampire would make its first little vampire easily.

Nope.

My first dead dragon(s) were the first eggs I ever had on my scroll - a balloon, a pebble and a purple dorsal, I think. I wasn't aware of the existence of fansites back then and although I tried to post the eggs in as many forum posts and signatures as possible, the views still weren't enough... so yeah.

After that I used to catch only one egg at a time so I could get it enough views and finally found about epic fansites. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Mine was a Silver Tinsel that someone view bombed on me. It had seven days left and 11,000-ish views dry.gif

Mine was a Yulebuck. D: I was still pretty new to DC and the way things work. I didn't know about hatcheries receiving more traffic during the holidays. He got sickness, so I fogged him. I unfogged when it went away and didn't refog before I went to my sister's for dinner. Saddest thing ever! ;_; I felt so bad knowing he could only breed for a limited time each year and I had killed his offspring. I wondered if the person who owned the father-dragon was going to find me on the forum and yell at me. >.< I just felt terrible knowing I'd killed a Christmas dragon. XD When the Christmas season ended and I still hadn't found a Holly, I decided it was karma for killing that poor Yulebuck. (I had no idea exactly how rare they were at the time.)

Edited by Chanilove

My first dead dragon was an Albino egg. It was a failed Vampire bite attempt. Back then I was unaware of the success ratios and thought that the chances for the egg to die were very low. Needless to say, I was wrong.

So far, that's the only dragon I've had that has died, and I hope it never happens again.

I don't remember what kind it was, but my first dead dragon was one I adopted a shortly before a vacation I forgot about. I had time to poke a friend on skype and ask them to add the dragons for me. I had no internet on the vacay and couldn't get a sitter before I left. The friend asked what my scrollname was, but I was already gone. My scroll was linked in my sig and is the same as my username, but the friend never got a skype answer, so they never got added to a fansite. When I got back all four of the little eggies were dead. x3

I don't remember the breed of my first dead dragon. I had hunted off the AP when I first started, but eventually started getting a few caveborns. I can't remember now if it was a misclick, a description I didn't know, or identical descriptions with different breeds, but I accidentally got a CB egg I didn't want. I saw I couldn't abandon for 5 hours, so thought killing it would clear it up faster. No. No it does not.

I was lucky enough that I knew someone who played before who told me about fansites and sickness. I've never used earthquake cause it just doesn't seem worth it, so since that first one, it's only been attempts for neglected, vampires, or zombies that have caused dead dragons on my scroll.

I've never had a dragon die on me :3 The first dragon to die in my scroll was actually a zombie attempt and it failed sleep.gif but they where all inbred and super messy so I don't miss them much rolleyes.gif

First dragon I had croak on me was a hatchling that ran out of time, more than eight months after I started playing. I had had an online friend mentor me, so I knew pretty well how to keep them alive. The reason this one died is because I ended up moving, and during the move I kind of forgot to check on my dragons. ^^; I think I was able to res that one though--pretty sure it was the red I named "Survivor Jane".

I think it was a Water. It got sick, so I fogged it. It got well again, so I unfogged it. But when I woke up in the morning, it was dead...

First dragon that died for me was when I was taking a long break from DC.

I picked up some eggs and promptly forgot about them! Oops. rolleyes.gif

My first death was an unfortunate Neotropical, which became a victim of my second vampire. My first bite succeeded, so I got a little cocky and thought 'oh, what the hay'.

Yeah, well, seconds later I had a dead egg sitting on my scroll. Can't say I was very happy about it.

I voted other because my first dead dragon *that I remember*

was when I tried for zombies Halloween 09, and I killed them

had 3 die that night but 2 were successful turns.

The very thought I had was along the lines "really TJ? you had to put that as the message for killing blink.gif" (had the one where you watch the life fade from eyes)

Felt a twinge of guilt and then moved to next one xd.png

I've only had two deaths, and it was when I tried Earthquake... I don't think I'll bother with it again, unless I'm after alts and don't have any other eggs on my scroll or something...

I realized it was two-headed dragon after I named it so I couldn't abandon it. I could freeze and release it but I found it after it was killed. sad.gif

My first death experience was with my first clutch of four fresh CBs that I excitedly put in my sig... on a busy forum. They all got very sick before another DC player there noticed and warned me. 3/4 died, the Sunrise survived and became my first adult dragon. I chalked it up to an absolute noob mistake and didn't worry about it afterward.

The deaths I cared about were shortly after that when the same player, who was a very fast catcher during a metal boom period, gifted my with my first CB metals. Someone must have been mad at his catching skills because they started gaining views in the transfer link and were viewbombed to death within a few hours of arriving on my scroll. I was heartbroken. Welcome to DC.

I'm pretty sure the first dead dragon on this scroll was probabluly bitten to death by a Vampire; I don't actually remember, since I don't honestly care if a common egg dies. I haven't really killed many here yet, and I don't let eggs die through neglect.

On my old scroll, I killed things for zombies; I was a little annoyed if they didn't turn, of course, but since I was prepared for that, not actually upset. I probably killed some things I actually cared about when I used to use Earthquake, before I wised up and stopped. At the end of the day they're just pixels though