Saif

Pet Peeves

OR when someone (My brother) bangs on my walls while I am trying to concentrate or sleep.

Are you concentrating or sleeping too noisily for your brother?

*hides*

Having to constantly refill the ice tray. Seriously, if you take the last ice cube out, FILL IT BACK UP! It only takes a few seconds. Is that really too much to ask?

People who have expectations that they don't share with those doing the work.

Supervisors who don't support their staff...

Traffic.

"Friends" who lie about really stupid things. Things that the truth is very easy to stumble upon, and are non issues anyway.

The possibiity of people trying to take advantage of others really grinds my gears too...

When I don't take proper notes in my lab notebook, and then I'm just sitting here a month later trying to figure out what the heck we did, and what I'm supposed to put in that report! dry.gif I should have learnt from this eons ago!

(Totally not what I'm doing right now)

Having to constantly refill the ice tray. Seriously, if you take the last ice cube out, FILL IT BACK UP! It only takes a few seconds. Is that really too much to ask?

This burden always falls on my shoulders. dry.gif

I hate it when you hear that horrible squeak of a new chalk against the blackboard. Uhg. blink.gif

And the worst - after ages of procrastinating I finally decide it's time for me to study, and IN THAT VERY MOMENT my mother or my grandmother or my sister (I love her and we are in this together but God she can be annoying) ask of me to pass them something, to do something, or the neighbours crank up their music or their arguments and make so much noise that won't let me concentrate.

I'M STUDYING DENTAL MEDICINE, PEOPLE! HAVE MERCY!!!

Edited by *Silver Fox*

My mom yelling at me for not doing anything around the house then, when I ask what she wants me to do, yelling at me because "she shouldn't have to tell me."

I can't read minds, mom!

What I find annoying is one, the very short life span of my phone. It runs low battery for just a day even if I only use it for messaging, and only for a short time. The rest is spent on standby. Two, the low RAM it has and therefore I can't multi-task witb it or browse the Internet without it freezing frequently. Three, the phone loosing battery at a much faster rate when I browse the Internet.

Four, the noise pollution as well as the light pollution at night which makes trouble for sleep or viewing the wonderful skies. It's the problem with cities. And five, the dust that frequently irritates my eyes.

Due to the recent terrorist attack in France, a peeve of mine I should bring up is how people respond to attacks like this by attacking other people in that religion. It's just sad.

People who come up to the Safeway deli where I work and ask for us to cut meat after 8pm when we're closed and can clearly see I'm working on cleaning the meat slicers...

Edited by ladyvidel

My mom yelling at me for not doing anything around the house then, when I ask what she wants me to do, yelling at me because "she shouldn't have to tell me."

I can't read minds, mom!

That's how my mum behaves with us two - we ask her if she needs help with anything, she says: "No thanks, I'm fine."

Later she says how the two of us are lazy slobs that are good for nothing and won't help around the house that we live in as well. Ugh. blink.gif

When people don't shovel their sidewalk so I have to walk through like 4 inches of snow. It's not fun okay.

When I tell people I was diagnosed with having "Aspergers-like symptoms", and people automatically lump me in with those who are severely autistic. I mean, what the heck?!

That's how my mum behaves with us two - we ask her if she needs help with anything, she says: "No thanks, I'm fine."

Later she says how the two of us are lazy slobs that are good for nothing and won't help around the house that we live in as well. Ugh. blink.gif

I suppose most mothers are like that. They are too shy to name anything they need but expect you to know what to do. tongue.gif Well, nothing we can do but just endure the process of being yelled at. For one thing my maternal grandmother was like that and still is to my mother and now, my mother is like that as well. Now, my sister is also worried she'll be like that in the near future. She is already on the road to it by yelling me to do stuff without telling me what needs to be done. Me? Well, I just try to see what can be done beforehand and then if there is really nothing to be done, lie back and relax. I am somehow surprised that I always missed something but understandably, I'm quite a layabout person.

When people cry about having no money for bills/food/whatever but they always have their cigarettes, booze, cable, internet, smartphone etc.

^ Agree.

When I work on an idea or a project nearly all by myself, try my hardest despite my exams and the life that I have, and still all that people can do is criticize and say that something is always a miss, doesn't match, doesn't suit...

Well, if you're so smart to criticize me, let me see you do better than that! dry.gifmad.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

When people cry about having no money for bills/food/whatever but they always have their cigarettes, booze, cable, internet, smartphone etc.

No kidding. Or they are renting to own a gigantic 55" smart TV, have satellite, Internet, smartphone, etc.

But complain about not being able to pay for heating oil for their home, and not being able to repair their vehicle to get to and from work.

Just don't ask me for money. Just don't. I don't care how badly you need it. Obviously not badly enough to legitimizing your budgeting to things you need. I had to go without for a while due to medical bills. It sucked but I could still pay rent. Just grow up...

No kidding. Or they are renting to own a gigantic 55" smart TV, have satellite, Internet, smartphone, etc.

But complain about not being able to pay for heating oil for their home, and not being able to repair their vehicle to get to and from work.

Just don't ask me for money. Just don't. I don't care how badly you need it. Obviously not badly enough to legitimizing your budgeting to things you need. I had to go without for a while due to medical bills. It sucked but I could still pay rent. Just grow up...

My boyfriend and I have been there, we had a crappy apartment in a bad area(it was cheap) no internet, cable. We had a phone but that was paid for my his parents because they wanted to make sure we could get them in an emergency. We both are disabled and take many meds. We were lucky to have help but didn't want to keep taking money. We dropped everything we didn't need, sold almost all our dvd's, music and whatever else we had. We got past that and are doing better now. But you wouldn't believe how many people lived there that always had their smokes and expensive cars but didn't pay rent for months or had no electricity. And yes, we had people ask to 'borrow' our electric.

I get disappointed in myself when I confuse into and up to. I frequently write it wrong, such as in to and upto.

In addition, the word 'embarrass'. I always have to check the dictionary to see that I spelt it correctly. I would spell it as 'embarass'. It's quite embarrassing. tongue.gif I would remind myself double 'r' and 's'.

I really wish people would use lights and retroreflectors when they're out and it's dark outside. Way too many accidents happen because people go without, especially now when people always seem to be so absorbed in their cellphones that they won't even look up when they're jaywalking across the road.

Edited by Ripan

Bad breath. I know someone who has foul yellow teeth that make cheddar look like snow.

Let's just say, he's unpleasant to be around. Both due to the smell, and his smile.