Saif

Pet Peeves

When people misuse the words need and want.

"I need some chocolate"

You WANT some chocolate.

Fair enough if they have blood sugar problems and they're low.. But you know. Those hip teens "I NEED the new iPhone" "I need to go out tonight"

What's so hard to remember the word "Want" exists.... *sighs*

When people text me

hi

instead of Hi. If you text

hello

its fine. Its just hi that irks me.

Nails on the chalkboard! Can I get an Amen?

Amen!

Little bark bark dogs. Well, any dog actually that barks and barks and barks for no reason.

AMEN!

People who have no tech smarts that think they need a dual screen, high tech computer and I need a single screen slow one. I do more than you could ever dream of!

The empty tube of a toilet paper roll.

It just sits there.

Mocks me.

The small amount of fuzz still clinging onto it.

As if I could use it at all.

Seriously. At work and home it's a problem. I always have to replace it...

censorkip.gif***s who leave the toilet seat up, this is my house and I want the seat to be down

if I wake up in the middle of the night sick, I don't want to be doing a nosedive into toilet water and vomit

• Slow drivers
  • People who take forever to make a turn
  • People who don't use proper turn signals
  • People who don't go at least the speed limit
  • People who don't use the English language properly and speak in nothing but slang terms
  • When you are talking to someone and they are paying more attention to their cell phone than they are you
  • Leaving the toilet seat up
  • Putting silverware in the side of the sink that has the garbage disposal in it

trying to rename and reorganize all of my dragons.

i have 149 dragons and i am stuck on one trio, towards the beginning of the scroll.

this is going to be a very long day.

and i always get paranoid that my cookies are going to glitch up and i'm going to miss PMs that have deadlines.

the last time i had sites doing that, i was on a ten year old computer that almost never took updates i have since replaced it and tend to keep the browsers up to date, but i still feel like it's going to glitch up on the forums i visit.

gives me the urge to halt everything and do a full scan and cleanout every half hour. please stop. i don't need this.

Edited by odidurn

Upstairs neighbors that stomp around their apartment in the middle of the night. I swear sometimes it sounds like bowling balls are being thrown down the hallway or are about to come through my ceiling. *GROWLS* Hence why I have not slept yet....it's now a little after 5am. Yeah thanks.....I feel a Top Gun beginning with the fighter jets taking off moment coming on. (Put beginning of movie on and crank it up as loud as the surround sound will go....usually makes everyone in the complex look towards the sky and tone everything down.) mad.gif

When I hear people complain about my pace when they walk behind me, so I move and they don't go any faster than they did before.

People who use the word "literally" when it doesn't apply. "I, like, could literally kill for that new game." Scary...

Edited by Drakessis

Just a little grammar peeve:

Seeing "its" used in a possessive form. As in (incorrectly, always) "It's name is Sphinx". Or worse: its'

It's = It is. or It has

Always.

Every time.

Never ever is "it's" used in a possessive sense. So it's (it is) hard to read through sentences that imply the meaning of "It is name is Sphinx". Should read: "Its name is.... "

Public schools... public schools...

Edited by SecondStarToTheRight

Seeing "its" used in a possessive form. As in (incorrectly, always) "It's name is Sphinx". Or worse: its'

I've been making this mistake a lot more often recently and I don't know why. Actually, the biggest reason is because I've turned on auto correct. Auto correct making incorrect automatic "corrections" is definitely a pet peeve.

I usually chalk up "its'" to a typo.

I'm really getting tired of hearing people complain about the snow and cold.

You live in the North. You should be used to cold winters by now.

When someone uses a bad experience from the past to always throw a pity party for themselves... Everything is always about them and how they now deserve special treatment to accommodate their past woes. I can understand that the experience was legitimately bad, but get over it and move on. If it caused PTSD I would accommodate to THAT but not baby them. Do you really think I have a great life? Because I don't. I just don't go around telling everybody what happened because I know I need to move forward. (Mostly because everyone can't see me as anything but a victim from then on, or decide to try to one-up me with something worse. Really?) No one has any obligations to support your sorry-censorkip.gif any more than they do mine. dry.gif You're not the only one who has to work and eat and pay bills. But not everyone has kids so that's way more important.

@kitsune93: I always (secretly)complain about the weather, but more so the cold. My body can't stabilize itself enough to get used to things like that. I absolutely love the snow though!

I really get annoyed at people acting like they can walk on water when they really aren't that perfect. There is this one kid in my grade that acts like he is the king and greater then everyone ((including me)) when he is at least a foot shorter then me. Maybe two.

I know size doesn't define everything, but it ticks me off when people act like they look down on me when in reality, they look up.

Overuse and misuse of the word "literally".

No, you do not literally feel like crap. You did not literally get scared to death. You were not literally dying of hunger, literally mad enough to kill someone, or literally being honest with someone. That last one doesn't even make sense.

I feel this compulsion has crawled out from tumblr, and like a lot of things that crawl out of tumblr, I wish it would figuratively wither away into a dried up husk and die.

GAHHHHHHHH allllll of the eggs I want on the trading threads ask for Cave born Golds or Silvers. The only Cave born Silver I have is because someone gifted it to me. By asking for things that I can't supply, all these people are doing is saying "Haha, I was lucky enough to breed/catch this and you can't even try to get it cause your internet isn't good enough to catch the stuff I want!" Or worse yet "Ha! When people actually do fufil my requirements, it just twists the knife deeper cause it reminds you that you're still poor, even in a website over pixelized dragons!" *cries*

Edited by shadowfighter

Little lazy things that people do. My husband, for example, will take the lint from the dryer and leave it on top of the dryer, even though the bathroom (which has a trash can) is literally a few feet from the dryer. Or when people set their trash on the RIM of a trash can (no, it's not full) when the teeeeniest bit of extra effort could have gotten it into the trash can.

.... take the lint from the dryer and leave it on top of the dryer, even though the bathroom (which has a trash can) is literally a few feet from the dryer. ...

laugh.gif

I've never done anything like that. Ever.

Yes, yes I have. But worse: I carry the dryer lint around after scooping it, and instead of making its way in the nearby trash, it ends up on top of something else. A coffee table. Chair. Coffee pot. A shelf in the fridge.

Maybe because it's warm still? It seems too precious in these wintery days to toss to the trash.

Pet peeve: the world is so angry lately.

Text speak annoys me. Most shortcuts that are common are understandable, such as ty for thank you, thnx, be right back for be right back, and such. However, what is not alright is text speak that are difficult to read and understand, and those that aren't written in proper grammar or does not follow a flow of thought.

When people go over time for a class. >_>

Even my exercise classes, which I love, I get annoyed when they go over time. Once in a while, when they ask if people would like to do extra, that's cool. But not every time and definitely not when there's a class after us. >_>

GAHHHHHHHH allllll of the eggs I want on the trading threads ask for Cave born Golds or Silvers. The only Cave born Silver I have is because someone gifted it to me. By asking for things that I can't supply, all these people are doing is saying "Haha, I was lucky enough to breed/catch this and you can't even try to get it cause your internet isn't good enough to catch the stuff I want!" Or worse yet "Ha! When people actually do fufil my requirements, it just twists the knife deeper cause it reminds you that you're still poor, even in a website over pixelized dragons!" *cries*

Awww, here are some suggestions to up your scroll game and get your hands on CB golds and silvers ~

1. Seriously stalk those threads vigilantly. there are people out there willing to trade for other things. I traded for one of my golds by offering a large # of Aeons that I'm catching for them.

2. Try to breed some alts! 2G Alt Blacks or Alt Vines are something that you can easily work on b/c the black and vine dragons are easy to catch, and the 2G alts have good trade value.

3. Figure out what people want and put together lineages that you know people would want to trade for. I have been offered a 2G Prizekin for a 3G Gold checker before...just try your luck. Post your trades around all the relevant threads and maybe somebody will have what you're looking for.

4. Try to catch "semi-hard" to catch dragons. CB Almandines/Spessartines, Gemshards, Coppers...sometimes, people will trade a silver for some combo of those.

----------------------

To be honest though....you said yourself how insanely hard it is to catch cb golds or silvers. When people DO catch them...it's almost a given they will want to trade it for something that's also of high value. In my 8 years on DC, I've only caught one cb gold myself. My others were traded for. If I actually catch another one, I can't see myself trading it away for common hatchlings...I'd rather just keep it for myself at that point. That's just how the game mechanics work to keep rare dragons rare.

1. Seriously stalk those threads vigilantly. there are people out there willing to trade for other things. I traded for one of my golds by offering a large # of Aeons that I'm catching for them.

laugh.gif Ah... So that is why we're having not much supply of Aeons lately. It's cool, but I won't lie and say that I'm happy about it. Those Aeons are difficult to find!