Saif

Pet Peeves

Guys. You're not supposed to use stuff that's not yours. Get permission to use a picture. Also, that's not a sprite, you shrank the image down and scrawled lines over it. No, that doesn't make it yours.

arrrrgggggh

I dread the day I find something of mine being used by someone else without my permission. In the meanwhile, I'm satisfied with being annoyed at people using other people's art.

Sleepy Sleepy Sleepy,

When people believe me a liar for being able to remember my dreams explicitly,

such behavior to me is so intolerable.

Why would one believe their fellow man a liar,

what advantage would I have in lying?

I absolutely can't stand it if someone chews with his/her mouth open, produces these disgusting grunting noises while eating, or even talks with a full mouth. It's so unbearably disgusting, I feel like punching those people in the face every time I'm forced to witness this atrocity.

Also, it makes me mad as heck when I'm trying to get some rest on my daily 1 hour train ride (to work and home) and I end up listening to music so loud it nearly shatters my eardrums and causes me serious headaches because there's always some idiot who can't stop shouting through the whole compartment because his/her friends are sitting on the other end of it. Or people showing off their 'awesome' (usually really crappy) rap music on their mobile phones. Or people who think it's necessary to block 2 seats at once and refuse to put their bag or feet down. And of course the fact that the trains here are always running late and I usually end up running for my connection and rarely ever actually manage to catch it. Trains in general do nothing but upset me, I guess it's because I depend so heavily on them.

Edit: Grammar, my bad.

Edited by kaagia

My pet peeve is when people use the word "breed" incorrectly, yesterday at work somebody asked "So what breed of turtle is this", I had a 3 second headache.

My pet peeve would be partners that don't do ANYTHING at all! It annoys me when I am assigned a partner for a project but that person doesn't do anything but sit there while i'm doing all the work. That's like getting homework but 100 times worse.

People who don't look properly. My partner for example won't move anything when he's looking for something, it has to be right there in plain sight or he can't find it.

My biggest pet peeve is when people use/say "would of/could of" instead of "would have/could have". Very frustrating!

People who think being a music major is easy

People (especially other music majors) who say singers aren't musicians

People who are convinced that singing doesn't actually require technique

Ugh! SO MANY times I'll hear a whole slew of technical problems in singers my parents/sister/grandma/whoever likes to listen to and I find it unpleasant to listen to. And then they ask me why I don't like it, and I point out that it sounds pinched, the tone is very nasally, the vowels are very bright and spread, or whatever. And then I get jumped on and lectured about how he/she has a pretty voice and just because he/she doesn't sing the same way I do, blah, blah blah. One, I'm not saying I don't have technical problems. I most certainly do. I'm only a sophomore undergrad! I still have TONS to learn. But I'm educated enough to hear certain technical issues and not enjoy the way they sound regardless of the fact that I'm not perfect. There IS such a thing as bad singing. If there wasn't, there would be no need for voice teachers and I would have not job. My family needs to stop getting irritated at me just because my musical ear is developed enough to pick out technical flaws.

People who say music isn't something that can be taught and that if there are aspects of it that someone struggles with, then that person can never learn to be a good musician

When my family gets mad at me because I don't want to sing at family gatherings on a moment's notice

One, I know I won't be able to perform as well as I ought to when I'm put on the spot. For recitals, I prepare for weeks if not months, I have a song planned and prepared, complete with accompaniment, I'm thoroughly warmed up, and I'm one of those singers everyone loves to laugh at because if I eat at all before a recital I'm very careful about what foods I eat. I avoid sugar, dairy, and caffeine like the plague. If nothing else, it gives me some peace of mind. So I'm just not prepared on a moment's notice. And two, it makes me uncomfortable. I HATE being put on the spot and I want my family to respect me enough to understand that. It's not as though I'm opposed to having them hear me sing. If there's a recording of a performance, I'll still get a little uncomfortable, but I'll let them listen to that. But, that's never good enough. It has to be live and available whenever they care to ask, or my mom gets angry and tells me I'm a terrible person and that it's just more proof that I'm an awful musician.

Oh! And when my mom buys me a ticket for a concert she KNOWS I'm going to hate, either forces me to go or guilt trips me into going, and then gets mad at me for being miserable and not enjoying it. And then proceeds to VOLUNTEER to come to a performance I desperately want to see and then complain through the whole thing.

When my parents tell me all about how GREAT the education cuts are and happily dance into the booths to vote against the local school's budget even though they know I plan to be a teacher.

True Story from TODAY:

Pressing issue. Sent email to Person A. Auto-response: Out of Office, if urgent issue email person B. Sent email to Person B. Auto-response: Out of Office, if urgent issue email, you guessed it, person A. *sigh* T^T

My Pet Peeves:

~People cheating in school.

~People writing on my property.

~People assuming I will give them the answer.

~People thinking their life is misrible when they don't know squat what real misery is.

When I'm role playing:

"We can change our characters' behavior depending on where we want the role play to go"

Uhm... No? I'm in a role play now where I'm using a character I've had for literally years. At this point, he's a very well defined character with a distinct personality. I'm not going to have him act completely out of character, so the role play needs to go in a direction that's plausible.

"This is going nowhere! This is boring!"

Keep in mind, I've set up possibilities for conflict where I could. She has negated ALL my attempts.

Derp. Derp. I'm going to just completely ignore your character and then whine about how nothing's happening.

Am I supposed to have him tap dance around with a "notice me" sign on his head? Her character tells mine dinner's at 7. He shows up to the kitchen at 7. Does her character go to the kitchen? Nope! And even after my next reply she continues to happily ignore him. And then started whining about how nothing was happening. NO DUH! You make it IMPOSSIBLE to have conflict and then refuse to interact!

And now she's ignoring me because I finally told her that if she wants something to happen HER characters have to do something because it's gotten to the point where there's nothing else my character can do. Oh! And she JUST decided to double and stuck a new character in the role play and she STILL started whining about how there's nowhere to go. Hellooo! You have a new character! DO SOMETHING WITH HIM! What's the point of putting a new character in if you don't plan to use him for anything?

/Rant

This person is just ALL my role play pet peeves combined! And the other person I was doing a one on one with just decided to go on hiatus. T-T

At the moment:

Neighbors(people in general) who can't leave well enough alone, and argue with stubborn ignorance instead of listening.

I'm building something in my back yard, and I have all the relevant paper work to do it. Wasn't hard to get approval for a 10x10 pet enclosure that is easy to take down when no longer needed(or I move). This little old lady who lives five houses down, in a house I had assumed wasn't lived in because she has no car and NEVER LEAVES.

She flagged me down the yesterday on my daily walk to complain about neighbor dogs in her yard, I asked if it was my dog, but she kept running the conversation in a loop back to other people's dogs(as if I knew anything about their dogs). After 10 minutes of that I actually yelled at her, it wasn't my dog and I had no idea about the others. I had tried to my sympathetic until then.

Today, she flagged me down again to ask about all the lumber I had recently taken into my back yard and what I was doing. I told her I was building something for a new pet, and of course she asked me what pet. I said I wasn't comfortable discussing that. She fired right back she knew what pet, and if I thought I was going to bring a WILD animal into the neighborhood I had another thing coming.

She proceeded to tell me that having a fox is illegal, how I was going to be fined $2,000 for having it, and how I could go to jail.

No matter that I politely corrected her that yes they are legal(with a permit, which I have), no I wasn't going to get fined, and I certainly wasn't going to jail. She just waved me off like I was an idiot and insisted I was practically a criminal.

Now she's going around to everyone in the 'hood letting them know I'm putting their children and pets in danger by bringing a vicious wild animal to my house. As if they don't run wild less than a mile away in the woods.

I'm all for concerned neighbors taking action, but I can't stand it when that action is taken in ignorance and misplaced fear. I really hope I don't wake up to find my baby dead someday. I'm already sick with fear, and he hasn't been born yet. sleep.gif

People that ask questions in which the answer is obvious.

Example: Who lies in Grant's tomb?

Edited by BloodyKisses123

When people bend pages in a book and/or neglect them. Ive had my books for years and they're all in amazing condition. Is it so hard to treat them with a little care!?

It also irks me when people start reading books just because its becoming a movie >_>

When people bend pages in a book and/or neglect them. Ive had my books for years and they're all in amazing condition. Is it so hard to treat them with a little care!?

It also irks me when people start reading books just because its becoming a movie >_>

Would you rather them just watch the movie without reading the book?

Would you rather them just watch the movie without reading the book?

I suppose not, but if they'd never shown interest in it before if someone told them about it and suddenly it's a movie and they want to read it, that would bother me.

people who want to be partners with you at school just because you are smart and they assume that you will give them the answer.

People that think they know everything but can't use the right spelling of the word their

(instead of their they use they're)

people who watch the movie instead of reading the book.

having to wake up early.

having to go to bed early.

I wish people would stop coming up to me asking for money. I wish they'd stop lying about it. They're always stranded and just need a couple more dollars for a train ticket. Maybe I'd believe if they didn't ask me every week.

txtspk on forums. mad.gif

also posts like this with no punctuation of any kind no matter how long the sentence and whether there is anything important in it that i need to see but i cant find it coz there is so much unbroken text i cant see straight and that way i might miss a new release or something and then i will be cross but then someone will say they told me so but in a post like this how would i know that anyway cos it likely started out with something like i saw a nebula in the forest is that normal and btw there is a new egg in the coast biome and has anyone else seen it well no coz we were too busy trying to work out what you were talking about

- and that is even with the spelling right. It's even worse when the words are all wrong too.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Going on errands, having planned them carefully around how my physical disabilities are that day so that I can complete them without over extending myself. Minding my own business, my Service Dog and I moving quickly trying to get the errands accomplished when folks want to see what my Service Dog can do, talk about what my Service Dog does for me, want to pet my Service Dog although her vest has signage on it "Do NOT Distract"...old men chasing my wheelchair down the aisle making little kissing like noises trying to get my Service Dog's attention. We are not a "dog and pony show"!

Beeping watches. dry.gif (And the person it belongs to isn't even here to turn it off.) dry.gif