Saif

Pet Peeves

LOL.

I also hate political correctness (especially concerning the saying of 'merry Christmas' and stuff like that, but we won't get into that too much) and Comic Sans when used on anything even REMOTELY professional.

Glitter I don't mind, but only in a controlled environment. XP

@glitter

there is no such this as a controlled environment

it gets EVERYWHERE ninja.gif

@glitter

there is no such this as a controlled environment

it gets EVERYWHERE ninja.gif

Agreed. I work in an arts and crafts store, and me and a coworker were assigned to rearrange the Christmas stems. These stems were filled with glitter(some more than others), so much so we had to frequently stop and vacuum for the glitter was slippery. By the time we were through, both of us were covered in glitter. I remember that my pockets were full of it, and all the glitter did not go away for a few days, despite showers.

Hypocrites, people who cry and complain about everything, morons, KNOW-IT-ALLS, people who lie about me, OVERLY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE, people who don't believe in god, people who like to step on others just so that they can progress in life, people who take away the fun ouut of things, cranky old teachers, people who think that they are the best, by know you should know waht I hate! xd.png

Am I the only one who was offended by this?

My own pet peeves:

-People who shove their religion down peoples' throats

-Most sounds that involve fingernails (I have a friend who picks at hers... I feel sick every time.)

-People who think they're sooo popular

-People who pick on others because of said popularity

-The color yellow

-People who constantly scream

-Personal questions from people I barely know

I'll add another one- people who ask me for directions. Look, I don't even know where I am, what about me makes you think otherwise? The fact that the only people who ask me are the ones who's accents I can't understand, can barely speak English, or ask me for 'the University so-and-so' in a city with about five Universities makes it even worse.

I think my main one would have to be people who don't try to figure things out for themselves.

like if you want to know what a certain function does badly enough to ask, use it. it's not going to explode in your face or yell at you for using it wrongly.

Stupid people who think depression is just something you get when you feel like getting it.

Today my friend was trying to "make me feel better" and she told me "You're just being depressed because you're bored!" I was appalled and, well, hurt. I don't choose to be this way, I really don't. I can't help it, though.

My other pet peeve is being bipolar, basically.

The unnecessary, unexplainable mood swings.

Elated one moment and then crushed the next.

Laughing one moment and then wishing I were dead.

Loving everything and then hating everyone.

Stupid people who think depression is just something you get when you feel like getting it.

Today my friend was trying to "make me feel better" and she told me "You're just being depressed because you're bored!" I was appalled and, well, hurt. I don't choose to be this way, I really don't. I can't help it, though.

It's called puberty.

My apologies if you're actually depressed, bipolar, etc.,. But one of MY pet peeves is people who read the DSM, find a mental disorder and decide they have it.

how long has it been going on?

I face the same issues despite being medically diagnosed. i have clinical depression and anxiety.

not the same as Bipolar but i can understand somewhat. and puberty is not as extreme as true mental conditions. i got depression after i finished worst of puberty. depression is worse by a long shot i'd rather go through puberty for the rest of my life than this.

another pet peeve i had shoved in my face today. Customers who blame the cashier. i'm sorry i do not have authority to give discounts, i am not the manager i am lowest rank in the place! and it isn't my fault if you didn't hang around long enough for the manager to come and negotiate!

But one of MY pet peeves is people who read the internet, find a mental disorder and decide they have it.

Fixed! =P

A pet peeve of mine is when people call police officers 'pigs'.

Fixed! =P

A pet peeve of mine is when people call police officers 'pigs'.

You're right, I guess most of these people aren't actually reading the DSM.

OCD is a particular pet peeve of mine. I really dislike hearing people say what they're "OCD about."

It's called puberty.

My apologies if you're actually depressed, bipolar, etc.,. But one of MY pet peeves is people who read the DSM, find a mental disorder and decide they have it.

In a similar vein, students who claim they're 'dyslexic' because they can't be bothered to actually use the English language properly, and when asked it turns out they've never been tested, nor has anyone flagged them for possible dyslexia. Some people really are just lazy and stupid.

Pet peeve of the week: People who just open the door and waltz into my dorm room like they own the place.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I was under the impression that courteous people KNOCK before entering someone else's living space. Particularly after midnight. >.>

When I hear people talking bad about me in the other room or a few feet away and either don't bother to keep their voices down or tell me to my face if they have a problem with something I did.

New pet peeve: When my suitemates smoke weed in the bathroom. I wouldn't give a censorkip.gif if it was in their room. But we share the bathroom, and it always stinks when we go in there now. And my roommate and I could possibly get blamed for it.

I barely have any pet peeves, but the ones I do have make me want to swallow a vat of worms. :l

1. People I barely know introducing me to their 'BFF!' -insert giggle here- And not so I can join their 'friend ship circle' but just because they want to shove it down my throat that they have a best friend for life. I'm always moving every 2-3 years so I never have any friends like that, and I'm happy to pretend I care, but once they start ignoring me for their friend, my patient start to run short. I personally make a note never, ever to shun a guest, no matter the situation. I will ignore my best friend if I have to, I know he/she will understand later on, the guest might not.

2. Christians who give other christians a bad name. I tell people my religion (just like an atheist or jew or scientologist would in a situation.) and just because I say I'm a Christian, they automatically think I'll try and convert them and talk nothing but bible babble. >:C

I've seen people that are actually like that who leave ever lasting opinions on people, but if you expect me not to be prejudice against homesexuals, different skin colors, religions, please don't assume all Christians are extremely religious. -huff- >:B

3. As soon as I say something like 'Sorry, I can't listen right now; doin' homework' they'll squeal like a pig and say 'GOSH! WHY ARE YOU SO GRUMPY TODAY11?!!1?!' and act like I'm the one being a pain in the back. :l

It's hard to get me ticked off really. But my biggest pet peeve is slurping at the dinner table. If you having cereal and want to get the milk or something, it's totally fine. Even at lunch or when you're having a drink, I'm cool with it. But if you're sitting there eating someones home cooked meal at dinner, and you start do that, it sets me off so bad. Not only is it rude as hell, but it's almost you're being mean to the food itself. It's kinda like you're going " This stuff is as pathedic as Mcdonalds."

Also, I can't stand burping. it's so disgusting. and I find it really rude to be in the middle of a conversation and all of a sudden "BLURRRP". I mean, if you can't help it and you say excuse me, I'm fine with it. But to sit there, burp, then expect me to continue like you didn't just tell the whole world about that fish you just had, it's just rude.

How I see it anyway. I guess it's just the way I was raised.

What manages to irritate me the most, is when I am walking past stores, a group of people will be in front taking up a huge portion of the pathway and walking really slow. It really irritates me.

Either walk faster, or go into the store if you want a closer look. Don't cause a pedestrian traffic jam!

Another Pet peeve, is when I'm at the cinema. Then out of nowhere you hear a baby crying. It would be fine if the parents brought the baby out to calm him/her down. But half the time, the parents persist on doing it in the cinema. So for a good 5 minutes or so... theres just crying in the background.... ugh.

Lol this is DC related, but it drives me insane when I go to a scroll and the dragons aren't grouped together by breed rolleyes.gif I know people can organize their scroll however they want, but I usually end up being all dry.gif if I'm trying to look at their tinsels or something...especially if it's a trade and they say, "Look at my scroll and see if there's anything else you'd be interested in." Actually, people saying, "Look at my scroll and see if there's anything you're interested in for *insert whatever I'm trading*" is a pet peeve all on it's own tongue.gif

Non DC related, my pet peeves are people asking for my advice and then completely disregarding it (it's one thing if they at least consider it, but a lot of my friends ask for it and then say, "Oh, that won't work" and don't even think about it) or when someone whines and complains to me all the time about their problems, but when I need to talk, they keep turning the conversation back to their own problems >.>

I hate liars and people who always blame others for their mistakes.

Especially if the person is like: "I'm an innocent victim! It's the others fault! The world just hates me! I never did something wrong!" And that's the kind of guy who cheats on his wife, tells even his mother lies and many things more. But he never did anything wrong... sure.

Lessee...

-Humidity

-Southern California

-People who walk into a pet store and impulsively buy a fish+tank/bowl without any regards to how to care for it

-Idiot pet store employees giving out false information to get their customers running back for more fish to replace their dead ones. Would you sell someone a puppy and tell them to keep it in a small tupperware? Fish are freaking animals that live for years, not disposable decorations.

-People who post on an aquarium forum I frequent, asking stupid things like "my fish are dying help plz" without posting any specifications as to what their symptoms are, their water parameters, what exactly they need help with, and so forth.

-PETA.

-United States politicians.

-Bible-thumpers. (not generalizing any religious people here - think more along the lines of the Westboro tards)

-Strangers who say "oh no, you're fine" when I make a humble "excuse me" or "sorry" if I bump into them. I know I'm fine. Why would I not be fine? I was just acknowledging that I accidentally bumped into you. It's not like you're important enough in my life for me to not be fine if I bump into you.

-People Who Capitalize Every Single Word In Their Sentences. It Gets Really Annoying When You Have To Read Paragraphs Of It.

-ppl wh0 type lyk dis lolol

-pEoPlE wHo ALsO TYpe lIke D1s

-people . who . put . spaces . in-between ! punctuation marks .

-people who put entire sentences together in jumbled-up paragraphs without punctuations it gets really annoying when they don't even bother to hit two freaking keys to start a new sentence doesn't it just get on your nerves i know it does for me i really wish it would stop

-People who think they're experts on a particular subject and thus should be treated like the most amazing thing since sliced bread. And said people pulling desperate, last-minute arguments out of their butts when they (and the people/person they're debating with) are starting to realize they're losing the battle.

-Trolls.

-Pop-ups.

-Commercials in the middle of a good show.

-Wet, squeaky shoes. *shudder*

- Jell-O.

-People who treat depression/anxiety/ADD/whatever as some stupid excuse to be lazy or whatever. People who think it's just something you can magically get over like pulling a Band-aid off your arm. It's just not that simple.

-See above pet peeve regarding suicide/suicidal idealizations.

-Insomnia. 6_9 I've gone 3 days now with, like, 5 hours of sleep.

Mmmm, my pet peeves :

- People who keep saying ''aha'', ''yes'', ''I see'' when I still haven't finished talking

- People who ask a lot of questions, this is why I don't really like shrinks...

- Men with really long hair X_X

- Jeovah Witness or simillar people who go from door-to-door trying to convert people to their religion, or in a simillar variation, people who try to convert you to their religion at every possible oportunity

- Indecisive people, the kind who change their opinion every two minutes.

- Girls who talk about nothing but the latest fashion, their boyfriends, the idol they admire or the soap opera they like watching right now.

Can't stand any of those, at the first oportunity I will leave the immediate area because I can't trust my hands won't want to strangle them X_X

People who are perfectly fine! Like people i know who are perfectly fine parking in handicapped spaces.

People who let their grocery cart slam into your car door and not owning up to their responsibility! bahhh mad.gif

-People who can't say one sentence without swearing.

-Any annoying song that plays 500 times a day on five radio stations.

-Any kind of soap opera whatsoever.

Mmmm, my pet peeves :

- People who keep saying ''aha'', ''yes'', ''I see'' when I still haven't finished talking

- People who ask a lot of questions, this is why I don't really like shrinks...

- Men with really long hair X_X

- Jeovah Witness or simillar people who go from door-to-door trying to convert people to their religion, or in a simillar variation, people who try to convert you to their religion at every possible oportunity

- Indecisive people, the kind who change their opinion every two minutes.

- Girls who talk about nothing but the latest fashion, their boyfriends, the idol they admire or the soap opera they like watching right now.

Can't stand any of those, at the first oportunity I will leave the immediate area because I can't trust my hands won't want to strangle them X_X

My pet peeves include everything you just listed.

Some others are...

1. Idiots.

2. Stupid people.

3. Every other bleeping American kid my age (13.) I mean, God, they're about to go to high school and they can't form a coherent sentence. They don't care about their grades, which essentially will choose their college, which essentially will get them a job. They're the kind of kids who'll end up broke on the side of the road, smoking weed at parties every other night, or other awful things. There are so many of them, and I know they'll mature as they get older, and maybe some of them will even have a nice life once they pull themselves together and get serious, but for the time being, I can't stand them. I have no hope for them. Yes, I'm one of those "smart kids" who absolutely cannot stand being in the presence of those with a drastically lower mental capability than mine. But that's just who I am and what I think.

4. Those stupid rich girls who never do their work, never study for tests, never listen to the teacher, never get to class on time, and still stroll out the door with straight A's. They're the kids teachers will remember because "Oh my God, she's so adorable!" while people like me are just sitting in the corner, doing our work and hating ourselves more by the minute.

5. Regret. It's gonna come back and bite you, hard. It's even worse than karma.

*** About Pet Peeve #3. I meant no offense whatsoever to any of you. From what I've seen, the majority of the people on DC are not like these people, no matter the age. Unfortunately for me, my peers, those who I have grown up around, are the people I'm talking about. Sorry if I offended anyone, though I'm hoping you'll get the point of what I was trying to say there...

Edited by glamoursea2