Saif

Pet Peeves

So many things... ;w;''

But what really gets me are over-confident, rooster people that strut around and think they're all that. :c

I hate it when people try to hug you when you're angry. I'm MAD! DON'T TOUCH ME!

Or when someone snaps at you when you're completely innocent.

errr.....

I hate those, who thinks that they are epic, awesome and very cool, while they are not.

I hate games without any point (Desert Bus, for example)

And I hate games, which is IMPLOSSIBLE to beat. I mean it literally.

I hate it when people say "open sesame!" It's "open says me!" and when people say "I could care less" when they should really mean "I couldn't care less" and the classic when people think there all that when their really just jerks and when my cat gets in my trash. and so many more things...so many.....

Research claims before you make them, people! You are on the Internet. It's not that hard. dry.gif (No, this wasn't prompted by anything specific.)

I hate it when people say "open sesame!" It's "open says me!" and when people say "I could care less" when they should really mean "I couldn't care less" and the classic when people think there all that when their really just jerks and when my cat gets in my trash. and so many more things...so many.....

It's open sesame.

Something that annoys me most, Is grabbing a random egg on impulse, become scroll locked, and then refresh and see a bunch of really good eggs -.-

I just got a tangar from the cave on impulse. right after that, a dino showed up, then a paper, then a vine, and then a leetle. SERIOUSLY?!

Hmmm this could take all night...

Things that annoy me are:

People Who Capitalize Every Word As They Type

people who don't capitalize anything (ie & this could be quite awkward "i helped uncle jack off a horse" compared to "I helped Uncle Jack off a horse")

People who don't use punctuation.

People that are hypocrites

People that talk behind other's backs

P30p13 7h47 \/\/ri73 1ik3 7hi5

People who chew with their mouths open

People who slurp their soup or drinks

People that are intolerant of another's way of life (it's not your life so why should you care how others live it...)

People who talk during a class, seminar, movie, or ANYTHING that should otherwise have your full attention.

the list could go on and on so I'll stop there tongue.gif

EDIT: one more! The mass amounts of people that sit on either 1 dragon habitat all the time or the Abandoned Page.. it's kinda hard to compete for an egg when there is 198 users to contend with.

Edited by Lord_Kishin

I hate it if my books are not arranged in an orderly manner. Same goes for stray papers.

I hate it when I receive an SMS/email with excessive contractions and pointless mispellings.

I hate it when I open a box/carton expecting there to be drink/food only to realise the previous consumer left 1% of the original contents behind and expects the next person aka me to throw it away -___-

I dislike any form of racism, even in joking remarks.

I get a twinge of annoyance each time I see 'your' used in place of 'you're' and their in place of 'they're'.

I have a good many more pet peeves I suspect but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment xd.png

So this pet peeve hasn't bothered me much until recently.

I absolutely loathe when people spell things using "text" speak. That is, ur in stead of you're or your and some1 instead of someone, etc. Seriously, just type the words out. It isn't that hard.

Oh, let's list a few, shall we?

When people are hypocrites.

When people think that they are better than someone else.

When children are rude to adults.

When boys are rude to girls.

When you ask someone to stop doing something, and their response is "Deal with it." (Seriously, by asking you to stop, I am dealing with it.)

When people take a REALLY REALLY BAD situation and try to find a good thing. (Earlier this year, a boy in my class died of cancer, so a teacher gave us a day for grief, and one girl's response was "Yay, no test.")

When there is a circle of people talking, and someone stands right in the middle.

When someone eats all but a bite of a package of food, and then puts it back.

I think I'll stop there, because this list could go on forever. dry.gif

The use of "ppl" instead of People. If you're texting, that's one thing (although that doesn't make it excusable). But, when your talking on a forum like this and you're typing everything else out, there is absolutely no reason to use "ppl". x_x

Also, people who smoke on benches in busy public areas. I just wanted to enjoy a nice walk in the park, NOT inhale your puff of recently exhaled garbage. :/

That also goes for the guy in the Pizza place who thought it was entirely OK to smoke INSIDE the very tiny building, where they were making Pizzas, while about 10 of us stood waiting, choking on the air. x_x

Some parts of this were copypasted and modified a bit since I tried to collect a bunch of quotes from previous pages that I agreed with but it wouldve ran off the page

so thats why some of it may sound familiar ~~~I gave up at about page 27. What, it's late.

-People that don't realise that phobia/neurotic/OCD type things of mine are a real problem and say 'get over it' and suchlike. Maybe its my (medically diagnosed btw) autism or maybe I'm just a freak but this is a part of me and it isnt going away just because you don't like it.

Guys wearing too much aftershave/deoderant. The cloud of choking fumes extends over a metre past them, a problem for asthmatics. This can apply to women's perfume but I notice it more on guys. Those dratted advertisements where the guy hold down the spray deoderant for like a minute does not help in any way. It isnt cool to suffocate people..!

Recieving form letters back from customer support which clearly shows they didnt bother to read your email.

"call centre staff whose indian accents are so strong you can barely make out the script they were given to read to each and every problem brought up by a caller."

Mosquitoes and mosquito bites and when you go to slap one but hit yourself and dont catch it.

-"When someone doesn't use their turn signal" (in this country, we call them indicators)

-people stopping in the halls or pathways to talk with friends, for whatever's sake move to the side or something

"Narrow-mindedness. Just because you and I don't agree, doesn't mean you have to assume that: 1. There is something wrong with me, 2. I'm stupid/uneducated/unelightened, or 3. That I'm attacking your beliefs/intelligence/etc. "

-People who disobey common logic and have to get their own way.

-zealots of any kind. science religion twilight whatever. I have my opinion dont go forcing yours on me. Once I've gone 'no thanks' thats your signal to change subjects or hassle someone else.

-It is 10 minutes past midnight and the neighbours dogs are still barking.

- Anyone who cannot read a basic FAQ. How hard is it to check if your question has already been answered?

- My tendency to drop 'mental dictionaries' and turn into a bumbling fool.

- Drunks, specifically when they get to that stage where they won't listen to you.

-Bullies. I'm overweight and shy, in other words, a target. I had a bag on wheels beacuse textbooks are so heavy, theyd stick thier foot under it. I have a strong aversion to physical contact, so they'd come up and rub me on the back. Teachers were so totally useless couldnt catch any of them so I chased one down the hall with a kebab skewer. (A few months later, I heard a year 7 say to his pal, 'I heard she stabbed someone with a knife' lawl). So, I don't have it as bad as many other kids. You REAALLLLY think thats going to make me feel better?

The fact that people don't really get punished for stuff like murder or animal cruelty or molestation, they get minimum jail sentence. makes you wanna be a Violent Vigilante and painfully castrate them or something.

Edited by loudwhitenoise

In real life:

-When people on the phone on public transport tell you to shut up, then start talking really loudly themselves.

-When grade 9s think they're top of the school (I live in Australia, so high school is grades 7-12)

-Drunk people who don't look after their kids

-People who shove their beliefs down other peoples throats

-People who have no respect for other races or cultures

-Sales people, especially the ones that call you at four in the morning from an offshore calling center.

On DC:

-When there's a new release and the abandoned page is full for half of it, so there's no chance to get the new eggs for days.

-When I'd bred my first female Black with every single suitable male in my scroll and she was still not compatible with any of them.

-Step lineages that are broken at the egg you pick up.

-Users that don't name their dragons. Seriously, it's not that hard.

all you people who complain about the smallest things that bugs me

People who say, "me and my friend". ARRRRRGH! I HATE it! Idk why...

For anyone who can't see what's wrong, it should be "my friend and I". Blame Mrs Morgan my yr6 teacher, she gave me my obsession for correcting that. My New Year's Resolution was not to correct people, have kept with difficultly...

People who say, "me and my friend". ARRRRRGH! I HATE it! Idk why...

For anyone who can't see what's wrong, it should be "my friend and I". Blame Mrs Morgan my yr6 teacher, she gave me my obsession for correcting that. My New Year's Resolution was not to correct people, have kept with difficultly...

Actually, in the right context, that can be a correct usage.

For example, let's take the sentence "My science teacher assigned my friend and I to a lab."

Sounds right, but this sentence is wrong.

It should be, "My science teacher assigned me and my friend to a lab."

Why? Because in a sentence, you can take the second person/object out. They don't matter when it comes to this part of grammar. Let's take the first sentence again.

"My science teacher assigned I to a lab."

vs.

"My science teacher assigned me to a lab."

Guess you can call it my pet peeve when people think "me and ---" is always incorrect. ;P

This is kind of funny. A complaining topic! I'll add my two cents.

Dirty dishes left in the sink until they start to mold and smell!

Seriously, washing dishes is not that big of a deal.

And I guess above sentence comes back to bite me since I'm bothered that I'm always the one that ends up washing my roommates' dishes 'cause I can't stand a sink full of smelly dishes!

Edit: Slight grammar mistake, might be more, but since I noticed that one I had to fix it.

Edited by OceanSecrets

People who chew with their mouths open, people who ask if you are done yet every 5 minutes, and when you ask for help, they say that they are too busy, people who take their bad mood out on you when you try to help.

A bit of a pet peeve. When people place their money on the counter rather than hand it over to a person. As both cashier/customer myself I'd like things to be handed over to me rather than place on the counter.

A pet peeve of mine and it has just recently become a pet peeve.. People who visit my scroll to view my eggs from click sites then go and remove my eggs from the click site... ANNOYING!!!! Gah! Why must people feel the need to mess around with other peoples stuff!

On a similar note, since we're talking about the difference between "friend and I" and "me and friend", I didn't realize that, sometimes, "me and friend" could be correct until very recently. So now you can say it's a pet peeve of mine when either of those are used incorrectly. I'm to blame, of course. I'm sure I've criticized people before for this reason, but they were right and I wasn't xd.png

My pet peeves....

- excessive use of commas in sentences, because for some reason, it is becoming increasingly common (especially among people my age) to write sentences like these:

My friends, are amazing. I love, them, a lot.

It's probably because it used to be the other way around: nobody put commas anywhere in sentences, so now these kids think that they need to randomly insert commas to polish up the sentence a bit. -____-

- people putting a space before end punctuation . Like so .

- nobody has reasonable fashion sense nowadays in my age group. -sigh- If I wear a cardigan, I'm "dressed like an old lady." I guess, in order to fit in (style-wise), I have to wear off-the-shoulder shirts, too-tight jeans, and the same sandals as everyone else. C'mon. I get looks for wearing my favorite ballet flats. Not that this makes me want to change my style or anything, because I'm above that, but it still bothers me. Every girl looks the same.

Edited by glamoursea2

PUNS.

When people say "there's" or worse, "there is" when a sentence requires "there are."

Such as "There's a lot of people who like that."

Seriously, kills my ears.

Since there seems to be a bit of a grammar theme: people who type "your" instead of "you're". It really irks me sometimes. "It's" and "its" is another annoying one.

This is the only place I've ever lived where teenagers think it's socially acceptable to walk up to strange adults and insult them to their faces, then skitter away giggling. So, I suppose my pet peeve would be Johnson County parents who don't teach their children that adults outrank them and that they should not to be jerks to strangers.