Saif

Pet Peeves

I hate it when people don't use the proper grammer and spelling that they were taught in school. Call me a Grammer Nazi, but I find it really annoying when people don't use the proper grammer and spelling and when they use leet speak. I understand that spelling errors happen, but those are totally different than times where you purposely don't use what was taught to you. If you don't want to use proper grammer and spelling, don't join a site where you have to type and discuss topics in a professional mannor.

I also hate it when people try to act all smart when their point is totally moot. They try to continue their debate when there's nothing more to debate about. It's just another way to try and appear as if they're right when they really aren't. I'd hate to seem rude, but it's mostly the people who are sore losers who do that and I hate it with all my heart. Some people just don't know when to give up. I admit that sometimes I do this for a while, but I know that there has to be a point where one of us has to give up.

The pet peeve that hits the top of the chart is people who make you do all the work in school. I'm always partnered with the people who make me do all of the freaking work. One time the kid insulted me from the start by calling me a mute (I work silently and I don't talk much in school). I refused to work with him and somehow I was the one who got a call home. I'm not going to work with someone who pretends to be mentally handicapped and insults me when he/she doesn't even know me. Those are the type of people that are going to end up getting bit real hard by karma. Doing their work for them isn't doing them a favor, it's making them worse. I'm glad that both of my parents chewed the teacher out for siding with the kid who insulted me. This should be the end of my pet peeve rant.

Edited by Spinxo

My twin brother. He is pretty much the type of person that a bunch of girls like... I just live in his shadow and wait for some girl to ask me about what type of girl he likes...

He calls be his "baby sister", that makes me want to kick him at times... I am only 4 minutes younger!

My biggest pet peeve of the moment is that a friend of my boyfriend and I is constantly up my boyfriend's censorkip.gif all of a sudden over a video game. He hasn't been on to play in literally like a few months, and even told my boyfriend that he is tired of this game (probably because he used to play it all the time). Now he is like randomly sending text messages and calling to see if he'll get on to play this game with him all of the time, sometimes even somewhat early on the weekends (usually before we are even up) or later at night, closer to when we like to go to bed.

Irritates me even more that my boyfriend seems to jump up and run over to play this game as soon as he gets a call or message. But then other times I'll be like, "hey, we should do this" or "you should let me show you how to play this game" and other stuff, and he'll just be like, "maybe later, I don't want to right now." Ugh, so annoying. ¬¬ I like the kid and all, but I really hope he gets tired of this game again soon so he'll stop bothering my boyfriend to play all of the time. sleep.gif

- Dirt. I don't like someone touching me with dirty hands or any of my possessions.

- Drooling dogs. I hate those doggies that start licking you all over your face.

- Someone entering my room when I'm not present and mostly touching my stuffs without my consent. I can declare a war on that person because of that.

- People borrowing things but forgetting to return them

- Friends who themselves don't call me but expect me to call and have long gossips with them.

As someone who rarely if ever wears shoes, my pet peeve are anti-barefoot myths.

Many people think 'no shoes, no service' is a law, even many (US) stores have signs claiming 'shoes required by order of the Health Department'. Well a group of people who like to walk barefoot have checked this and it is NOT true. Any store or restaurant can set a dress code, shoes, ties, they can require a red clown's nose if they so desire, but those claiming it's a health code are lying (or more often, just misinformed, it *is* quite an urban legend). See http://www.barefooters.org/health-dept/

Nor is it true that you can't drive barefoot, at least not in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK including Scotland, Germany, Netherlands, Italy or Brazil (haven't checked every country in the world, not really needed since fortunately this isn't a persistent urban legend everywhere). This last myth is so common in the US that some cops believe it, and will write a ticket for it, over the years I've had to help several people to get theirs dismissed! Each time successfully, but it still sucks that this is necessary. For those who care, the full list of US DMV letters is at http://web.archive.org/web/20030618105020/...g_barefoot.html (an older site but we've kept up, info is still valid!) or PM me for other countries, more recent newspaper articles and articles where officers/other officials state it's not unsafe, and in fact recommend it over heels, flipflops etc.

Hope at least a few less people will pass these two on :-)

- When people automatically assume that you are thinking the absolute worst possible thing.

- When people think you hate them just because you're not calling them constantly or when you want to do something other than spend all your time with them. I don't hate you, I just want to go out for a few hours. -.-

- People who don't understand basic respect. You respect me, and I will respect you. It goes two ways.

- When elderly people think they are always right and better than you and that they can do anything they want just because they are older than you.

- People who think they can do whatever they want just because they want to or they don't like something. It doesn't matter who you are, you do NOT have the right to walk in to my house, touch my stuff, throw my stuff in the garbage and move my stuff around without my permission. I don't care that you don't like my house or the way I have my stuff. It is MY house and MY stuff.

- When you say something to someone and they take it completely the wrong way. For example: "You're such a door(inside joke)" "OMG! You just called me fat!"

- Teenage girls and the LOOKS they give. O__O

- When people say amen to almost everything. I can understand now and then, but when they're using it around 30 times a day, then it really gets on my nerves.

- When people send you a message and literally give you around 5 seconds to respond before getting upset with you and thinking you're ignoring them, or assuming you're not there and going offline. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't open the window, read your message, think about what you said and then type up my response all in under 5 seconds. It's even worse when the message is important.

- When my wireless keyboard only half works and I end up typing like this: wh y kybrd nlyhalfwoks an I end p tyin lk thi

- Teenage girls and the LOOKS they give. O__O

Oh lawdy you are not kidding there. Little girls and the looks they give, for that matter.

Big Six Pet Peeves:

1. When people are upset with me and won't tell me WHY.

2. People who don't listen to/read what you wrote and actually acknowledge the points you made instead of dismissing you or pointing out your grammar mistake in paragraph five.

3. P3OPL3 WHO TYP3 L1K3 TH1S. (People who type like this.)

4. Bigots.

5. -ists. (Racists, ableists, neurotypicalists, etc.)

6. People who mix up then/than. I wanted to read a story by non-native English speakers. The then/than were perfectly swapped for all twenty chapters. It is now one of my greatest pet peeves ever...

Ppl who post using txtspk.

Do Not Read biggrin.gif

Pet Peeves:

1. People who chew with their mouths open. Its actually more of the sound that annoys me than seeing anything. I can avoid looking at the see food lol

2. racists

3. Slackers -for example, classmate of mine didn't read the chapter we had to in a book when we were told we had a quiz the next day...Not to mention she also failed a test and just fell asleep during the test...-

4. People who are noisy in the middle of the night, waking me up.

People who don't put their being into their efforts. I understand 'I have to do it, whatev' but if you're doing something because you like it, you /damn/ well better care! It's annoying when I have a person who lacks the same passion as I do when we work together.

When my students think they can text on their phones during class. sleep.gif

Oh, and when they skip class and then don't do the homework because "I wasn't here last week! I didn't know we had any!"

Also, when they talk over me or their fellow students, I shush them, they say, "Oh, sorry, sorry!" and *immediately* (literally, the next second) go right back to their conversation.

Plus, when they haven't bought the textbook for two months straight and have no excuse whatsoever, and expect me to just laugh it off.

Okay, so this one class kind of IS my pet peeve, at the moment!

Also, when people use the word "comprise" incorrectly. It is NOT a synonym for "compose!"

Apathy, prejudice (racism, sexism, religious intolerance, etc.), being a jerk for no good reason, but I think those are too big to really count as "peeves."

When people don't contact you, but then get mad if you don't contact them. Especially when it becomes an unspoken test on their end, with them waiting for you to "prove" that you want their friendship.

People who don't share the chores in a shared flat. Along with that, flatmates who habitually leave food gunk in the sink drain, and crusty food residue all over the counters. Or who make hanky-panky at 3 a.m., so loudly that it wakes me up. Or who constantly promise to do things like take out the trash, or be quieter when they come in at night, or to do your chores next week since you did theirs this week, but then never do it. Empty promises irritate me highly.

Messing with my art. Nothing will send me into a towering RAGE faster than if you draw on something I'm drawing, or 'adjust' something I'm sculpting. I had to work *very* hard to override my gut reactions during art classes in college, when the professor would draw on your sketch to correct you.

When my neighbor's phone rings about 30 times and no one answers. Get an answering machine, please! Also, callers, please give up after those 30 rings -- stop calling back *every* minute!

Loud road work or construction outside my building at 8 or 9 a.m. on a Saturday. Grrrrrr.

Being mocked by someone repeating what you just said in a stupid voice. Gets under my skin far more than it should. Luckily, at this age, it's not really an issue any more. smile.gif

When people don't contact you, but then get mad if you don't contact them. Especially when it becomes an unspoken test on their end, with them waiting for you to "prove" that you want their friendship.

Ugh. YES. THIS. Though in a slightly different way: My mom's always on me about how I never keep any friendships past a semester, and I tell her that I did contact them, several times, and they chatted with me then, but never called back. Ever.

Seriously, if I hear one more 'you should call them...'

-When people try to annoy me

-When I say things five times and nobody

-When my mom yells at me

-a few other things I can't think of

Kids (my age included) seem to think being mean is cool. I could perhaps note a few people at my age range, but actually being in a room full of elementary kids, I know I don't have it that bad.

Serious pet peeve: People who are mean for no good reason or, worse, trying to look cool.

Also, the normal. Hypocrites, people who "argue" by repeatedly stating that they are right and you are wrong with no real evidence, etc.

I have a few:

- Chewing loudly and eating habits- I cant stand this.

- Small children.

- Loud children.

- My mum going into my room and leaving the door open.

- Being ignored.

- Snoring.

- The art teacher drawing on the pictured I draw before i even get round to drawing it; Like drawing out the rough shaped of an object and the teacher says its wrong and draws it in properly dry.gif

- Teachers FORCING me to go to mass when i'm not religious.

- People who think they are all hard, and then listen to things like Justin Beiber and Other pop singers etc.

- Justin Beiber

- Pop Music

- Fan girls who scream when they see a singer or band o.o

Ok.. not just a few... A LOT

Bad grammar. Really, people, a few random mistakes are fine, but saying 'hey Whats YOu're Name miNes *insert name here*!!!!!!'

Although not really bad grammar to use exclamation marks, they drive me crazy unless there's just one or two in a long post. Unless the sentence really needs an exclamation mark, it shouldn't have one, and should never have more than one, unless it's something like 'OMG Pottermore is open to new users!!!' That I can understand. But unless it has something to do with a really good book or movie or whatever, it shouldn't have more than one exclamation mark. (By 'a good book or movie or whatever' I don't mean Justin Bieber or any other celebrities.)

People who chew with their mouth open

Little kids staring

Stuck up kids, bratty kids.

Justin Beiber

people whoover use appreviations

Children who stare at you even though they should be old enough to know that it is rude! dry.gif

When people type on the computer with text talk/speak. >.>

Dosn't tis lok anoying 2 u?

Ugh. The noise. The awful noise. Everyone is like screaming at each other at my school just to get their attention. And every time I come back home my ears are like in terriable pain. Sometimes I get head aches and need some medicine to get rid of it.

Hateclubs. One of the very few things that make me genuinely enraged. (I was so angry that I punched a wall after seeing one. blink.giflaugh.gif)

Loud noises, especially shouting. It hurts my ears and is stressful. D:

People being mean to people I care about. mad.gif

People saying that asexuals don't exist or are "broken", "defective", "freaks", etc... sad.gif

When people go in my room without asking. xd.png

Being Jewish during the 'holiday season'. Even here on DC, if I want to get into the new release hype or any of the trading fun, it's all completely tied to Christmas.

- When people are so honest their words hurt at times (don't know of how else to put it)

- People who vibrate their legs up and down (seems to me like only males do this...I don't know why)

- People that tell me that they want to know me more/catch up with me but NEVER make the effort to do so. Why mention it if you say that, then?

- People that constantly point out my flaws and never see the good things that I do (my aunts)

There are more but I believe they're already mentioned in this post.

Edited by asuna123