mycella

Most memorable book quote's

so hey i was wondering ...

what are your most memorable book quotes ?

this is mine =)

We loved with a love that was more than love.

-Edgar Allan Poe-

pls post yours i'm very curious ^^

Mines From Harry Potter 5

Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who

You Should Be Worrying About U-No-Poo

Its The Constipation Sensation Thats Gripping The Nation

HILARIOUS biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Mines From Harry Potter 5

Why Are You Worrying About You-Know-Who

You Should Be Worrying About U-No-Poo

Its The Constipation Sensation Thats Gripping The Nation

HILARIOUS biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Book six. dry.gif

Anyway.

"After all, he wasn't a monster." - Mass Effect: Revelation. (To give some context, the character it was referring to had just popped a guy's eye, them broke several of his fingers, and various other things, culminating in the snapping of his neck, in a 'quick, painless death.' Why did I ever pity Saren...)

Remember, despite the fact that this book is being sold as a "fantasy" novel, everything is very serious, is in no way silly, and will always make perfect sense.

Rutabaga. -Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.

Serpine hunkered down in front of him. "Well, Skulduggery? Where is that tired old defiance-the taunting, the goading? Where are the endless heroic cliches? Aren't you going to look me in the eye and tell me to do my worst?

"Actually, I was going to ask that you go easy on me; I'm feeling kind of tender today. -Skulduggery Pleasant.

"There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it." Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"There is neither happiness nor misery in the world; there is only the comparison of one state with another, nothing more. He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness." -Dumas, Monte Cristo

"To get a better idea try this: focus on these words, and whatever you do don't let your eyes wander past the perimeter of this page. Now imagine just beyond your peripheral vision, maybe behind you, maybe to the side of you, maybe even in front of you, but right where you can't see it, something is quietly closing in on you, so quiet in fact you can only hear it as silence. Find those pockets without sound. That's where it is. Right at this moment. But don't look. Keep your eyes here. Now take a deep breath. Go ahead, take an even deeper one. Only this time as you exhale try to imagine how fast it will happen, how hard it's gonna hit you, how many times it will stab your jugular with its teeth or are they nails?, don't worry, that particular detail doesn't matter, because before you have time to process that you should be moving, you should be running, you should at the very least be flinging up your arms-you sure as hell should be getting rid of this book-you won't have time to even scream.

Don't look.

I didn't.

Of course I looked.

I looked so ****ing fast I should of ended up wearing one of those neck braces for whiplash."

"I will become, have become, a creature unstirred by history, no longer moved by the present, just hungry, blind and at long last filled of mindless wrath."

-House of Leaves

"They say you can know a man by his enemies, Dresden." He smiled, and laughter lurked beneath his next words, never quite surfacing. "You defy beings that should cow you into silence. You resist forces that are inevitable for no more reason than that you believe they should be resisted. You bow your head to neither demons nor angels, and you put yourself in harm's way to defend those who cannot defend themselves." He nodded slowly. "I think I like you."

-Jim Butcher (Changes)

He bowed his head to me. "Likest thou jelly within thy doughnut?"

"Nay, but prithee, with sprinkles 'pon it instead," I said solemnly, "and frosting of white."

-Jim Butcher (Summer Knight)

laugh.gif There are books I like more then Dresden files (such as Temeraire, and Shannara books) but I have to admit the amount of good quotes you can find in them are amazingly like all the pennies you could find anywhere.

"Nature never appeals to intelligence until habit and instinct are useless. There is no intelligence where there is no need of change."

The Time Machine - H.G.Wells

"I hope, or I could not live."

The Island of Doctor Moreau - H.G.Wells

"Science is the only religion of mankind."

Childhoods End - Arthur.C.Clarke

I could probably think of heaps more by these 2 authors alone but I'll leave it at these three which I especially like.

Edited by Kaynight

Shalador's Queen by Anne Bishop

"They couldn't figure out how to declare war on a vegetable garden so they decided to wait."

I have a whole lot more, but as it is almost 5am, I can't think of any at the moment.

My dear friend I promise you I will improve; I will no longer, as has ever been my habit, continue to ruminate on every petty vexation which fortune may dispense; I will enjoy the present, and the past shall be for me the past.

The Sorrows of Young Werther - J.W. von Goethe

I could'nt finish the book yet, because I had to read Schillers 'Maria Stuart' instead but that line was just so touching!

And when I'm done reading my sweet Anne Rice Vampire Chronicals that's the next in line to be read!^^

Edited by bloodred-dragonfly

howl's moving castle---"Hells teeth"

not shore why this quote but its my favorite part of the book @_o

side note the anime was cute but the book was WOW

"I would move all of hell to reach your side."~Asher, Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton

"Which one is cannon fodder?"~Edward, The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton

"The wind likes my hair"~Frost, Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton

Everything in 'Mr Gumb and the Biscuit Millionaire'... I'm such a child!

"She fell silent as she remembered what Friday had gone through- nettles. Big ones."

"Poppy was too excited for words, so she tried some numbers instead."

A one point, the heroine is almost overcome by a bad smell so stuffs a posy of daisies up her nose, and her best friend is a talking gingerbread man! It's that crazy.

"Trust isn't trust until it is complete."

"A message isn't delivered until it is understood."

- Both from Robin Hobb's Royal Assassin.

"We live as we dream - alone."

-from Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness. I haven't really read that book (yet), but I know that it's from there.

"I don't believe in faeries!"

Best battlecry I've ever read in a book. From Harry Dresden saga.

Battlecry?

Euuulaaalliiaaa!!!!

From the Redwall series.

I had a funny dream while we were sleeping, Mr Frodo. Maybe it wasn't a dream. Funny it was anyway.

Lord of The Rings.

Wait, you mean to tell me that Earth was actually a supercomputer, and it got itself blown up 5 minutes before it figured out the question to the meaning of life?

So tell, us, great computer Deep Thought, what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?        ............            "42"

From Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Forgive me if my quotes aren't 100% accurate, but I'm sure the characters said something or other like that in their respective books.

And also, 5000 points to the person who gets this.

A dream is the fulfillment of a wish..........

Maybe he meant to say A dream is the fulfillment of a fish!

I have no idea. Random guess: 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish.

Quote from 1 of many Star Wars books:

Piece is a lie. There is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Code of the Sith

Let's do it.

-Rachel from Animorphs

"I don't believe in faeries!"

Best battlecry I've ever read in a book. From Harry Dresden saga.

You wanna battle cry? "FOORRRRRR PONNNYYY!" Spoken by Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead- Richard!

Anyway, book quotes:

"Underneath the spreading chestnut tree,

I sold you and you sold me..."

"To the well organised mind, death it but the next great adventure." -Dumbledore, Philosopher's Stone

"I Become Supreme Lord of the Bathroom"- Chapter Title, The Lightning Thief

Oh, and basically every other line from the Hitch-Hiker's Guide Series.

Edited by Completely Different

Battlecry?

Dresden's going into a battle against various faerie groups, which is what makes that battlecry so epic. :'P

(There are also some hints from stories in that universe that belief is what allows faeries to exist.. but at the time, it's irrelevant. Just picture scrawny tall guy with a staff surrounded by thousands of faeries, faerie magic everywhere, faerie things everywhere, screaming that he doesn't believe in any of it right before he starts cutting them down.)

Edited by kadoatie

Quote from 1 of many Star Wars books:

Piece is a lie. There is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Code of the Sith

Is that from the Darth Bane books, or another Star Wars book?

"Forever and ever, Bonnie, I will always be your friend."

-Billy, in Raising Dragons

"Never alone!"

-Multiple characters (not all at once though), in The Door Within Trilogy

You wanna battle cry? "FOORRRRRR PONNNYYY!" Spoken by Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead- Richard!

Someone else reads LFG!

Nothing is either good or bad/but thinking makes it so.
Hamlet; William Shakespeare

Every author really wants to have letters printed in the papers. Unable to make the grade, he drops down a rung of the ladder and writes novels.

I didn't read the book this is from, but it's by P.G. Wodehouse and too good not to include

Peace is a lie quote is from KotOR. Then Karpshyn quotes the character he created in a book he writes.

Loved this last line in RoS "The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back. Love is more than a candle. Love can ignite the stars." Always feels very inspiring.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" Patrick Henry

"Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved homes and the war's desolation,

Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n - rescued land

Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, for our cause is just,

And this be our motto--"In God is our trust."

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave." Fourth stanza Star Spangled Banner, Francis Scott Key

0: A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.

1: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2: A robot must obey any orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law. (Three laws of Robotics + the Zeroth Law, Asimov)

Very Important Quote

"My name is Max Eisenhardt. To whoever finds this, I'm sorry. Because I'm dead and now it's up to you. Tell everyone who will listen. Tell everyone who won't. Please. Don't let this ever happen again." Marvel Magneto Testament, written by a 14 year old boy who will someday be Magneto, while serving in the Sonderkommando in Auchwitz-Buchenwald. WE CAN NEVER FORGET!

Edited by kingsdaughter613

Off the top of my head my two favorite quotes are from children books my dad read me when I was a young kid tongue.gif

They are, "Oh fluff and stuff" - Winnie the Pooh.

And, "Here's little Moomintroll, none other, hurrying home with milk for Mother." - The book of Moomin, Mymble and Little My.

So they may not have a lot of meaning to anyone but me. But those are my most memorable quotes as I've never forgotten them tongue.gif