mycella

Most memorable book quote's

“[F]or when you get in love you are made all over again. The person who loves you has picked you out of the great mass of uncreated clay which is humanity to make something out of, and the poor lumpish clay which is you wants to find out what it has been made into. But at the same time, you, in the act of loving somebody, become real, cease to be a part of the continuum of the uncreated clay and get the breath of life in you and rise up. So you create yourself by creating another person, who, however, has also created you, picked up the you-chunk of clay out of the mass. So there are two you's, the one you create by loving and the one the beloved creates by loving you. The farther those two you's are apart the more the world grinds and grudges on its axis. But if you loved and were loved perfectly then there wouldn't be any difference between the two you's or any distance between them. They would coincide perfectly, there would be perfect focus, as when a stereoscope gets the twin images on the card into perfect alignment.”

- Robert Penn Warren, All the King's Men.

“Friend is a very small word,

A little sound we make,

For one who is true, one who will do,

Great deeds for friendship's sake.”

- Brian Jacques (The Bellmaker)

Probably one you've all heard before, but definitely one worth remembering:

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore (JK Rowling)

Love this one. One also his:

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

And also:

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love."

Absolutely true.

Faintly, the evening breeze carried the sounds of the Battleschool drill yard to him, and the nonstop hammering and clanking from the armoury that had been going on, night and day, for the past week. They were the sounds of Castle Redmont preparing for the coming war. Yet strangely, for the first time in his life, he felt at peace.

I think this is a perfect ending for the book.

“Sounis had been thinking of Ambiades. "He would have been a better man under different circumstances."

Gen looked at him. "True enough," he said. "But does a good man let his circumstances determine his character?""

-Megan Whalen Turner, A Conspiracy of Kings

"Facts are the enemy of truth"

This isn't really a book quote but it's from the musical, Man of La Mancha.

"When I glanced back at the plane, the pilot's open mouth appeared to be smiling.

A final dirty joke.

Another human punch line."

~Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

*** THE BOOK THIEF--LAST LINE ***

I have hated the words and

I have loved them,

and I hope I have made them right.

~Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

"I hear my heart beating, but I don't want to. I hate my heartbeat. It's too loud in that field. It falls down. Right out of me. But then it just gets back up again."

~Markus Zusak, The Messenger

I really love Markus Zusak's works. They're absolutely beautiful.

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams)

"Turn to page 394"

- Severus Snape, Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban.