mycella

Most memorable book quote's

"There are certain reasons why power is bestowed upon us..."

"So we can steal the world?!"

"No. So we can kill the world and steal all the women."

xd.png I can't remember where this came from, but it suddenly popped into my head.

Not sure if this one has already been mentioned, but the obvious "May the odds be ever in your favor/favour" from The Hunger Games xd.png

"Is it...dead?" asked Tom, his voice all quivery with fright.

"A town just ran over him," said Hester. "I shouldn't think he's very well..." ~ Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve

The irony is that he's the only survivor of the main cast in the end. ((being a neigh invinsible, virtually immortal, killer undead cyborg probably helped Mr. Grike in that regard))

"Have you ever talked to Incarceron, Manestra? In the darkest night when everyone else is asleep?"

"Incarceron is alive"

Not all who wander all lost.

-The Hobbit, You know it's Tolkien.

There are others but I don't remember them. John Green is very quotable.

This quote will forever be stuck in my head. It's from the 'Skulduggery Pleasant' book series.

“The world is bigger than you know, and scarier than you might imagine. The only currency worth anything is being true to yourself, and the only goal worth seeking is finding out who you truly are.”

Mine's a bit long, but here goes. wink.gif

“You know, I do believe in magic. I was born and raised in a magic time, in a magic town, among magicians. Oh, most everybody else didn’t realize we lived in that web of magic, connected by silver filaments of chance and circumstance. But I knew it all along. When I was twelve years old, the world was my magic lantern, and by its green spirit glow I saw the past, the present and into the future. You probably did too; you just don’t recall it. See, this is my opinion: we all start out knowing magic. We are born with whirlwinds, forest fires, and comets inside us. We are born able to sing to birds and read the clouds and see our destiny in grains of sand. But then we get the magic educated right out of our souls. We get it churched out, spanked out, washed out, and combed out. We get put on the straight and narrow and told to be responsible. Told to act our age. Told to grow up, for God’s sake. And you know why we were told that? Because the people doing the telling were afraid of our wildness and youth, and because the magic we knew made them ashamed and sad of what they’d allowed to wither in themselves.

After you go so far away from it, though, you can’t really get it back. You can have seconds of it. Just seconds of knowing and remembering. When people get weepy at movies, it’s because in that dark theater the golden pool of magic is touched, just briefly. Then they come out into the hard sun of logic and reason again and it dries up, and they’re left feeling a little heartsad and not knowing why. When a song stirs a memory, when motes of dust turning in a shaft of light takes your attention from the world, when you listen to a train passing on a track at night in the distance and wonder where it might be going, you step beyond who you are and where you are. For the briefest of instants, you have stepped into the magic realm.

That’s what I believe."

― Robert McCammon, Boy's Life

And if you would like a shorter one:

“That's the beauty of it. Have you seen the contraptions these magicians build to accomplish the most mundane feats? They are a bunch of fish covered in feathers trying to convince the public they can fly, I am simply a bird in their midst.”

― Erin Morgenstern, The Night Circus

We're talking about a tentacled flying lamp censorkip.gif, Dave. What are you prepared to call unlikely?

Edited by Wiz

Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.

-Good Omens

Edited by Question

"Everything beautiful is far away, or maybe everything far away is beautiful."

-Lost at Sea

"Right. It's just that it seems a shame that the engineers went to all this trouble to build us a real nice wall and here we are out in front of it, not using it. I'm just worried that it might hurt their feelings."

"A crow, a prophet and a vampire walk into an office."

_ Written in Blood, Anne Bishop

“We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreperably broken.”

- John Green, Looking for Alaska. <3

Why am I covered in feathers?

"You know that feeling," she said, "when you are reading a book, and you know that it is going to be a tragedy; you can feel the cold and darkness coming, see the drawing close around the characters who live and breathe on the pages. But you are tied to the story as if being dragged behind a carriage, and you cannot let go or turn the course aside."

"You asked me how I, being immortal, survive so many deaths. There is no great secret. You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all."

"Mr. Rochester never courted Jane Eyre", Tessa pointed out.

"No, he dressed up as a woman and terrified the poor girl out of her wits. Is that what you want?"

"You would make a very ugly woman."

"I would not. I would be stunning."

From Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Here are a few quotes(They may not be from books, but they are great.)

Kuchiki Byakuya: With just your extremely huge blunt force attacks, you will never have a chance of evading Senbonzakura!!!

Kurosaki Ichigo: Damn, I thought I could go a little longer, so it was useless after all. Trying to beat a bankai while I’m still on shikai, what a stupid cocky idea!!

Kuchiki Byakuya: Be careful of your words It very nearly sounds as though you have reached Bankai

Kurosaki Ichigo: yeah!!! thats what im sayin, KUCHIKI BYAKUYA!!!

Kuchiki Byakuya: what did you say?!

Kurosaki Ichigo: dont ask me again, you heared me or is it that you just cant believe it………….BANKAI!!!!!!!!!

Sanity? Sorry, but I don’t remember having such a useless thing in the first place.

Zaraki Kenpachi (Bleach)

From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected!

Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach)

Sorry, I can not think of any other quotes at the moment. Except for...

“Hold on. So in my mind, this jacked-up, sideways ridiculousness is the normal state?”

If you can't guess, I love bleach.

i'm going to be there's going to be some The Fault In Our Stars quotes already on this thread but i'll go through the pages a little later to see what other people thoughts was cool

here are the only two that i can think of right now

'That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.' -John Green (The Fault In Our Stars)

'To die would be an awfully big adventure.' J.M Barrie (Peter Pan)

"Darlin" said Leslie. "Everybody on Earth stays alive day to day solely because everyone they meet decides every single day not to kill them."

The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card

Not really a book but music. It is nice all the same:

'Vielleicht sind alle Drachen unseres Lebens Prinzessinnen

Die nur darauf warten, uns einmal schön und mutig zu sehen.

Vielleicht ist alles Schreckliche im Grunde das Hilflose

Das nur von uns Hilfe will.' - Faun, Prolog (Buch der Balladen)

'Maybe all the dragons in your life are only princesses

Only waiting for us, to see us handsome and brave.

Maybe all the terrors are just derelicts

Only waiting for help from us.' - Faun, Prolog (Book of ballads)

I hope I did the translation alright.  unsure.gif

I like Faun very much. I didn't know the translation for that song, thank you smile.gif

This is a very cool thread. I'm going to think about some but off the top of my head,

"Done is done." - The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

This one always helps me if I'm feeling anxious over something or I'm thinking about what I could of and should of done.

More words that stay into memory are from songs, poems or theatrical plays but this is something that stayed into my mind of a novel.

It's the words of an American captain in the book of Iakovos Kabanelis "Mauthausen"

"All the others who is going to judge them?All the millions, the many millions of citizens who knew them all. Who is going to judge them? You think all these murders happened only in a secret way at Ausvits, Dahau, Guzen and Mauthausen? Can you imagine that all these "innocent" farmers at an area of 50km around the Mauthausen, didn't know what was happening inside here?... Is it possible nine whole years that the camp exists here, noone could saw anything, hear anything or, understood amything?... They couldn't see all these crews of skeletons who worked in the village and the beatings at the train rails?... All knew it!"

“There is no shame in not knowing something. The shame is in not being willing to learn.”

-The Naming, Alison Croggon

“I think you are a liar because you think you know what is true. You think you feel what is true. But you do not yet know what you do feel and what you do know. Your desire and do not take; you love and are too afraid to feel your love; you conceal your vanity and pettiness from yourself; you are afraid to look into your soul and see what you are. That is why i think you are a liar.”

- The Riddle, Alison Croggon

“By the light," he said, when he had mastered himself. "I think that beats singing a lullaby to a stormdog for simplicity and economy, Maerad. But I wish I had known that you simply had to blow at Hulls to get rid of them. It would have saved me a few scars.”

-The Singing, Alison Croggon

You guys might not get the last one if you didn't read the books, but it was one of my favorites. Simply because it came out of Cadvans mouth, probably...

"She's almost as annoying as you," I told Horus. "Impossible," Horus said. "No one bests Horus.”

“I guessed his name was Face of Horror. I wondered how long it had taken his mom to think of that. Bob? No. Sam? No. How about Face of Horror?”

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?

Have you ever noticed how parents can go from the most wonderful people in the world to totally embarrassing in three seconds?

I seriously needed an extra-strength magic pillow, because my ba refused to stay put. [And no, Sadie, I don't think wrapping my head in duct tape would've worked either.]

After our mom died, her parents (our grandparents) had this big court battle with dad. After six lawyers, two fistfights, and a near fatal attack with a spatula (don't ask), they won the right to keep Sadie with them in England.

"I'm a cat. Everything I see is mine." She touched the ignition and the keyhole sparked. The engine began to purr. [No, Sadie. Not like a cat, like an engine.]”