Kanakha

Where Do *Your* Dragons Come From?

Where do you get the majority of your dragons?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Searched, didn't find.

I'm curious, where do the majority of your dragons come from? Do you tend to adopt them from the AP? Or do you prefer to pick up most of them from the cave? Or do you breed most of your dragons?

According to my self-assembled database (thanks to OpenOffice.org), to date most of the dragons on my scroll are born off-scroll (137 cave-born, 121 AP adopts, 183 scroll-born). For a while now I've been getting most of my eggs from either breeding or AP adopting, but I'm trying to start a personal pure-lineage project, so for the foreseeable future most of the dragons I get are going to be from the cave.

How about you?

Edited by Kanakha

Most of my dragons come from the cave, although I adopt a few from the AP, too ohmy.gif My first few dragons actually came from the AP X3

There's really no one place where I get my dragons from. If I had to pick, it would probably be from either the cave or AP. smile.gif

Most of my eggs and hatchies are self-bred ones. Some I got them from the cave/ap and some are gifts.

I don't exactly have a record of which are scroll-born, CB, bred, etc. but I do adopt a lot from the AP. I do take from the cave but I don't breed my own dragons very much, just if it's for a gift or there's an egg only obtainable by breeding or something like that.

I tend to grab from the AP. I don't keep a whole lot of what I breed in order to prevent inbreeding (plus I already have children of most of my dragons), so not a majority of my stuff is scroll bred. I don't pick up much from the cave either, and since people often drop CBs to the AP, I tend to do much of my CB hunting in the AP rather than the cave.

Edited by Infinis

Most of my common dragons are from the cave. Most of my rare dragons are from the AP. A decent amount of both my commons and rares are self-bred.

The majority of mine are from the AP. I rarely keep any dragons that I breed (unless I breed a magi, that is. I always keep them. ;3)

Edited by Switch

I only keep my bred dragons if they're for an important project. I only get CBs if they're rare, or again, for an important project. I mostly hunt the AP for rares, or inbred Vine hatchies for my collection, or just commons that need rescuing. Or eggs with pretty lineages.

Sometimes you find the strangest things abandoned, this being my current favorite.

Edited by Shay-la!

When I first started out, most of my eggs came from the AP. I was just trying to accumulate a wide variety of dragons and by catching ER eggs or hatchies, it seemed to make a difference. Then I learned about lineages and inbreeding and I started to become more discriminating.

These days I'm more inclined to try to get certain eggs to fill out my collection so I'm more likely to spend some time waiting around in the cave. I still catch from the AP but are more likely to reject eggs/hatchlings that have more than a few generations on their lineage.

The remainder of my eggs are home bred. With some eggs, like the metallics, that's just about the only way to increase their numbers. I am gathering an army of reds and I have enough dragons to choose from that I don't have a problem with inbreeding. I like to breed them for myself.

I voted AP, although I guess by now I probably have almost as many self-bred dragons. I hardly ever go to the cave for eggs, because they don't have lineages and I risk blocking my scroll with an unwanted egg if I misclick.

Edited by dustpuppy

Most of mine come from the AP but i sometimes breed and if i'm lucky i find an egg i want from the main cave.

I get my dragons from trades for specific lineages, from the AP when I don't want to fight the cave, and cave when I am hunting rares or CBs. I only have a few self bred dragons on my scroll, for a couple of lineage projects I am working on, other than that, I give away what I breed, to avoid accidental inbreeding. I need to get a breeding chart set up as it is, for my lineage projects. I should just do one for the whole scroll, I guess.

I think mine are all about even, but I'm really not sure. I don't really pay attention to where I get them from the most. If I'm looking for something specific, I'll just get/breed it.

most of my adults come from the cave. I raise the AP-grabs only if I love the lineage (not counting some first dragons, when I was a total newbies). frozen hatchies are mostly AP-grabs, or offspring of my adults.

I don't have any handy dandy database or spreadsheet, but from my own remembrance I'm pretty even with how I get my babies. Usually I'll try to pick up one or two from the cave to start, but once I get a male and a female, I round out the number with a couple of bred ones. If I can get one off the AP to keep breeding options open, so much the better. smile.gif Sometimes I'll get my first one off the AP, and go from there.

First I didn´t care where my dragons came from, but now I rather have CB eggs, may they came from the cave or AP, but I also breed, mostly hatchlings for freezing. smile.gif

Mostly from the AP, probably a couple of caves, A few beautiful gifts and just decided to get into breeding.

If I want a dragon, where it comes from doesn't matter in the slightest to me.

I'm trying to get CB of every breed so for now it's been mostly cave hunting. And I breed the 'useful or soon-to-be useful dragons' I have, and have a personal project with Embers because I really like them.

At this moment the only dragons I have that were bred on other scrolls are my Yulebucks and my Snow Angel.

Mostly from the cave, bred by me (I used to keep all my breeding on my first few months here in dc) or gifts and trade, thought I snagged some in the AP when I don't need a a specific lineage.

i take eggs from main cave, from AP and then i breed and trade.. so all over. biggrin.gif usually I hunt cbs, but will take AP eggs, if i found things i need or if they have nice lineage that will work for me. then i breed stuff for myself or for trades or just gift things to others..