Kanakha

Where Do *Your* Dragons Come From?

Where do you get the majority of your dragons?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I very rarely hunt from the Cave or the AP recently, so most of my dragons are either self-bred, or traded/gifted from someone else to get clean blood as I only collect nice lineages now unless they're hatchies that are either low time or I need for freezing happy.gif

I'm not really picky about whether I get my eggs from the cave or AP, though I do have a habit of using only CB eggs for vampire bites (excluding a pair of siblings and some of the first few vampire eggs I received).

I also occasionally self-breed, but not as much as I used to. I mainly self-breed my blacks nowadays to try get that elusive male alt (I did actually breed one but needed the space and abandoned the egg a day before it hatched >.<).

Mine come mostly from the AP, with probably 25% coming from the cave itself. I've picked up a lot of common cavebreds in the AP, and my Tinsel Dancer, which only had 22 minutes left to live and like 13 views. I don't know how I saved her, but I did xd.png

I breed most of mine lately. Or just grab from the AP. I hardly find anything good in the cave anymore, and I'm not patient enough to sit there refreshing until I see something I want. .___.

Wherever I see what I want. I am trying to get a few more neat lineaged and CBs, but if I am missing something I'll take it, and I have a very soft spot for inbreds...

I have 34 cave born, 23 from the AP (and from gifts) and 16 bred dragons.

At first I picked up most of my eggs in the AP, but recently I have been trying to pick up CB eggs.

Oh yes - gifts. I didn't feel that was GETTING them - but many of my rarest have been gifts for which I am undyingly grateful. (FINALLY have a thuwed smile.gif Yee har ! thanks; you know who you are !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Most of the eggs I pick up are from the AP, though a lot of them I pick up are CB. I would say 30 or less of my dragons are bred. I rarely breed anything and the majority of my dragons have never been bred at all.

Most of my dragons are cave-born, or caught off the AP as cave-borns. Very few of my dragons have been bred and released from someone elses scroll. I usually only take bred eggs with low lineages, as it allows you to further that lineage without feeling too guilty for messing it up (If I didn't have the same type of dragon).

Around 114 of my dragons/hatchlings/frozens are cave-born, with another 10-12 being scroll-born. I'd say around 30-50 of the cave-borns would have been caught off the AP. I guess it's a habit to only keep cave-born eggs, the only bred dragons I've kept (that were originally bred on a different scroll) are one Yulebuck, a Snow Angel and Vampires (whether they were bitten before or after I caught them). I should probably start keeping a log of some sort, might make life easier when I want to begin a large scale personal project. laugh.gif

Edit: Clarification fail. ninja.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

I have a bit of everything. Some adult dragons are cave-born while others were bred by other users. Plus, all the hatchlings on my scroll were scroll-bred.

New releases I get from the cave, of course, but a lot of my favorite finds have come from the AP. I do check to make sure I haven't interrupted trades or gifts, but most of the time, they've been freely abandoned, and they find their way to my little nest. It's like they just knooowww... I have a few scroll-breds, but I like to pay forward and either gift or drop 'good' things back to other AP hunters.

In short, I get my dragons mostly from the AP. xd.png

Until very recently, I had a very slow server and got the majority of my dragons from breeding eggs I'd obtained at the AP. I was gifted a few and got a few from the Cave. When there were new releases or holiday releases I was unable to get any but was lucky to have been gifted those, though some were 2nd generation.

That has changed and now I am getting the majority of my dragons from the Cave because I finally can biggrin.gif I'm also picking up a few at the AP but I've done no breeding save for Christmas so I could share the joy.

My eggs come from all over, but my favorite place to hunt is the AP...because of all the things you could find. It's not the best place to find rares, I know, because the cave drops them regularly (though they ARE rares, so yeah) but it's...colorful, and it's updated quite a few times. The cave to me is boring because it sometimes doesn't change that much. There are also some really pretty lineaged commons that get abandoned just because, and I always count myself lucky if I get one!

I think from all over? I know I breed some of them. Some of them I grabbed from the AP by sheer dumb luck a long time ago, and with the holiday ones...well those are recent lucky grabs. I do grab from the cave itself when new types pf eggs drop and the occasional egg that grabs my attention.

It all depends on what I have free room to grab or breed. *shrugs* Those that I grab from the AP I make sure are not lost in trade eggs. Sometimes I throw eggs in there for people to grab just cause, like vamps and such. (course it doesn't help when sometimes the rest of the dragons toss my vamp eggs out.)

Most of my dragons are from the AP from when I first started, but I've been trying to get more CB eggs lately.

...Also, irrelevant, but does anyone find it strange that my CB vine hatchling has more views and unique views than my silver adult? I had them on the same click sites, too.

Edited by Blood-Otherium

I have dragons that are from the AP, scroll bred, and sometimes I get CB's. I'm not so particular about were my dragons come from. (:

I usually don't care, but I tend stalk the AP rather than the cave and don't breed much.

i think most of my eggs have come from ap

the only exceptions are the first few i got back when i was a noob

My actual ratio of CB:AP is about 1:1, but a few of my caveborn eggs are actually picked up off of the AP. I love finding good stuff in there, and you can abandon straight away if you don't like it. Sometimes I go looking in the AP while I'm locked just to see what I can find and what I would be able to snag if I hadn't been locked. smile.gif

The way I balance it out is approximately 70% from the Cave, 20% (if I'm lucky and there's some low gen available) from the ap and I breed about 10% of my own. Now that can move a little bit up and down depending upon what I'm looking for but, personally, I feel that the lower gen numbers I have on my scroll the better both for my particular tastes (I'm not a fan of long, messy lineages) and for trade value as well so, generally, I'm more weighted towards the Cave pickups.