Kanakha

Where Do *Your* Dragons Come From?

Where do you get the majority of your dragons?  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm still a beginning member of the cave.

I bred to obtain Shallow Water, Bluna, and Geode dragons, and then later to produce some even-gen Electrics and Sunsongs, and I'm still trying to obtain Striped dragons of colors other than white, but in general, breeding has been a small part of my dragon acquisition.

So most of my dragons have either been from the cave or the AP, and I've favored the AP. From there, I've found Dorkfaces, Thuweds, Dusks, Draconnas, and D'Hennegels; and also several even-gen dragons.

Breeding is likely to play a bigger part now, as I've got my first Trios, a couple of Thunders - first, one from the AP, then, proving it never rains except that it also pours, one from the cave (thanks to all the extra activity generated by the new release).

In fact, at the moment, my number of caveborns, except for commons, is so limited that I took a look at the EPIC even-gen project, and decided that I was in no position to participate in it at this time.

Edited by quadibloc

I prefer CB. I will try to get a CB before I breed or go to the AP. tongue.gif

I use the Cave for lineages, but a majority of my dragons still come form the AP.

I am breeding considerably more, though...

Most of my dragons come from the AP. I peruse the main page frequently, and rarely breed.

The majority of mine are from the cave. Unfortunately my scroll spreadsheet isn't sortable, but just a glance down it makes it pretty clear the cave wins about 2:1. AP and bred seem to be about even with each other.

I breed most of mine when there isn't a new release (mostly low-gen black eggs for alt blacks), but when there is a new release I get the eggs from the cave wink.gif

Most of my dragons come from the cave but I'll do some AP hunting if I'm bored and the cave is blocked. I've found some really nice lineages that way. I'm very particular about that sort of thing though so I end up sending most AP eggs back. I have picked up some CBs from the AP too; you just never know what you'll find.

I don't really breed my dragons; made two attempts, got one egg out of it and sent it to the AP. Unless I have a specific project going I'll generally only breed by request.

I try to collect a specific number of alle breeds in CBs, and Rares are harder to find at the AP than inthe cave, so mostly I search in the cave. Sometimes I click around at the AP. And such bred-only dragons like Blunas I try to breed out of my own dragons.

Well, the first few dragons I had gotten when I first come upon Dragon Cave are adopted from the AP, before I start breeding and looting everything else and receiving them from others via trades and TGT.

Oh, and almost all my rare dragons are gifted by others here (except for one of my Thunder and Chicken, both of them I caught by accident).

As someone with really bizarre scroll rules (see profile), a huge percentage of my dragons are CB, though some of them are AP-gathered CBs (and some are gifts and trades, of course). smile.gif

Edited by Azure

It depends, I've got several on my scroll with big long lineages that I got form the ap, or bred before I started caring about lineages.

But now I get them mostly from the cave, or I try and find CB's in the AP. I only breed my reds, pinks, and rares. Or my holiday releases or lineage projects.

I tend to catch most of my dragons from the AP, since i'm usually not fast enough to get cool eggs from the cave.

AP, Cave, occasionally trade. Whatever strikes my fancy. biggrin.gif

I get my dragons from wherever I can find what I'm looking for. In other words, it depends. XD

The Cave for my stripes. Before it became impossible to obtain CB stripes. :s

The first CB stripe, I think I ninja'd it from the AP. I went to the AP for all my rares, long gen trios, long gen metals etc. etc.

I never really possessed a 'rare' dragon. Until this Christmas.

I grab most of my eggs from the AP, but I'm not really fussy. I cave hunt on occasion, and breed my eggs whenever. Inbreeding is annoying, but if it's far enough back and minor, I don't really mind.

Well, my metallics are almost all gifted and bred. I got gifted or traded maybe 4 metallics and all my others descend from these. Unbreedables are from the cave or traded. The dragons I freeze to have all sprites are usually bred, but sometimes caught off the ap.

mine are a mix of bred, ap and cave but i'm slowly releasing my lineaged dragons and replacing with CB for shorter cleaner lineages to gift

I have a system for how I get my eggs, so pretty much everywhere biggrin.gif. However, most of my dragons are scroll-bred

If I see something I need for my collection, I get it. If I can breed it so that I can get the right amount, then I breed it.

A fairly simple system but it has served me well these past 2 and a half years.