Mitesla

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

It's a Malboro. They show up in FFVII: Crisis Core so that's where I know them from. xd.png

Hahahaha.

user posted image

This one looks like an escaped mental patient with a hammer and... thingy. Plus at the end it's a shoop da whoop, considering that it self-destructs but it can knock out a player with full health. Provided it's close enough.

I immediately thought of this thread while playing my Klonoa Wii game. The final boss battle has 3 stages and I noticed, the second stage is pretty creepy. It could be scary in a way...

user posted image

It's not the best picture, but it's the only one I could find. After you defeat Nahatome for the first time, he swallows you and you have to fight this sort of inner face thingy. I played it on my dad's big screen T.V so Nahatome was HUGE, and he gets really close to you!

And I almost forgot one of the boss battles for FF4. I remember...I think it's underground, in that level with all the dwarves. Yeah, your looking for one of the underworld Crystals. It's fairly easy getting it, but, as you leave, the friggin walls start attacking you!

user posted imageuser posted image

Basically, its this guy ^

He just keeps moving towards you and if you don't defeat him before he gets right close to you, he takes out all of your party members one by one with one hit KO's. I remember when I played it, one of my characters (Kain) had this jump attack that takes him into the air for a while and out of reach. The first time I battled the wall boss, all of my party members died except Kain, who was still in the air. Somehow, because of some mirical, his last hit killed it. It was a very cheer-worthy moment.

Edited by Saiph

That kinda reminds me of this guy.

user posted image

HARDEST. BOSS. EVERRRRRR

user posted image

HARDEST. BOSS. EVERRRRRR

Do you have to take out the crystals to defeat him?

Do you have to take out the crystals to defeat him?

I dunno. I never beat him. T_T

He's not a mandatory boss- said to be the hardest being you will ever face in any of the Mario games EVER.

I dunno. I never beat him. T_T

He's not a mandatory boss- said to be the hardest being you will ever face in any of the Mario games EVER.

Which mario game is he in? I don't recognize him...but he seems familiar

Edited by Saiph

Which mario game is he in? I don't recognize him...but he seems familiar

Super Mario RPG: The Seven Stars, I believe.

I see. I never played that game, but my sisters did.

Yep, that's him. You can fight him two times and he's a optional boss, and stands alone the only boss that's actually HARD in the game.

I know what you're talking about, but I can't see the picture TT_TT

Shodan. Seriously. System Shock (and it's sequel) are not explicitly horror games, but Shodan has got to be one of the most creepy bosses ever.

user posted imageuser posted image

Basically, its this guy ^

He just keeps moving towards you and if you don't defeat him before he gets right close to you, he takes out all of your party members one by one with one hit KO's. I remember when I played it, one of my characters (Kain) had this jump attack that takes him into the air for a while and out of reach. The first time I battled the wall boss, all of my party members died except Kain, who was still in the air. Somehow, because of some mirical, his last hit killed it. It was a very cheer-worthy moment.

I had a nightmare about this boss after reading this post, AND I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME. blink.gif

user posted image

HARDEST. BOSS. EVERRRRRR

I remember Culex! Not a fond memory of course. >.>

*spoilers sort of*

Here's the video of how.

I never managed to beat him myself, but I watched my cousin do it once. I lost interest before I beat him lol.

Shigesato Itoi just thought that the scene of the movie was a rape, but it's not. So Giygas doesn't have a meaning. But it really is a shitbrix boss...

I have the ROM for it. Who wants it? lol

A story boss is GLaDOS. No wonder right? she made me burn my Weighted Companion Cube... WHY?

Zero in KD3

You dont expect that shizz in a E Game.

Edit: Theres one in Pikmin and another in Pikmin 2 that I cant remember.

Edited by ToonYoshi

Master hand from Super smash bros Brawl. Cause its just so damn weird!

-

And the Snake sister from God o war 2. GODS she is ugly

-

And Simon whals from Bioshock 2

Edited by The-last-dragon-knight

It may be a game that is supposed to be scary, but

all Resident evil 4 bosses.

They're just OVERdone. They're not scary, they're just freaky. REGENERATORs, though... those were scary. I beat the game once, and then tried again.. and I was so freaked out I couldn't do the hospital level.

When I finally did it, though, I got out my Shotgun and just went around the entire hospital level and shot every single one until they exploded.

But the breaaaathing..

Nightmare - Kirby, Nightmare in Dream Land.

Taboo - Super Smash Bros. Brawl (just because he was godlike. )

Bowser - lol jk

Ganondorf's Ganon Form, as well as Zant...

They don't scare me. It's the basic fact that they're weird.

Also.. uhh..... Maybe more later...

Every time I see this thread, it makes me sad =( Mainly because... "Most disturbing non-horror boss". Way to cut out 90% of my gaming repertoire, pssh =p

REGENERATORs, though... those were scary. I beat the game once, and then tried again.. and I was so freaked out I couldn't do the hospital level.

When I finally did it, though, I got out my Shotgun and just went around the entire hospital level and shot every single one until they exploded.

But the breaaaathing..

I love Regenerators =) I think they're one of coolest RE monsters, purely because they are so effective at being disturbing. Iron Maidens are great too; the twitching, rasping, slow shuffling coupled with the familiarity of a fellow human... great stuff!

A ton of enemies from Wario World.

That smiley thing from Gunstar Super Heroes.

Can't think of anything else right now, maybe later.

What about when you have to fight the mutated Furiae from Dakengard. That was really disturbing. The poor girl gets abducted by her former betrothed who's gone completly nutty, and then he shoves her in some demonic egg thingy to revive her. Which of course backfires in the most disturbing and foul way.

And though they wern't really a boss (that I can remember, it's been a while since I played it), those flesh eating flying babies. That gave me nightmares for a week.

What about when you have to fight the mutated Furiae from Dakengard.  That was really disturbing.  The poor girl gets abducted by her former betrothed who's gone completly nutty, and then he shoves her in some demonic egg thingy to revive her.  Which of course backfires in the most disturbing and foul way.

And though they wern't really a boss (that I can remember, it's been a while since I played it), those flesh eating flying babies.  That gave me nightmares for a week.

Drakengard is a whole ball of disturbing crazy - incest, paedophilia, murder, child-eating... not a wonder it was censored beyond belief.

But it leads me nicely onto what disturbs me, and that's the Shades from Nier, Drakengard's sequel. The Shades aren't physically disturbing, but I absolutely loathe to fight any of them. Anyone who's played beyond the first playthrough will know why.

Kalil and Beepy, the babies in the Ballroom, Hansel and Gretel... sad.gif

Don't ask me why, but I used to be scared of this guy Dorrie

He's the plesio from Super Mario 64. It was mostly the sign that scared me. I got it in my head that getting in his line of sight meant instant death ._.

The eel in that other level scared me for the same reason... Dire Dire Docks? Yeah.

Ahaha, this! There were so many stupid things in that game that scared the crap outta me when I was younger (I also got it into my head somehow that he would eat you if you swam in front of him :V).

But this, I think all Super Mario 64 players can agree was the scariest in the game:

user posted image

Not a boss exactly, but still... I would dread getting the Red Coin star every time I got to this level. xd.png

user posted image

Oh Holy Crap! I forgot about her. The first time I played through Twilight Princess and saw that, I jumped about three feet off of the floor.