Mitesla

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

Goma always freaked me out because I knew it was there, and I'm looking for it and suddenly HOLYCRAPIT'SINFRONTOFME!

Considering the theme of the Shadow Temple was the undead and other creepy things that hide in the shadows, I think that anything found within it counts as horror related.

But that is just one area, not the whole game.

The sloth demon from DA:O because it talks slowly, looks like shiz, talks like it is going to kill you in your sleep and it transforms into other demons.

The sloth demon from DA:O because it talks slowly, looks like shiz, talks like it is going to kill you in your sleep and it transforms into other demons.

Possessed Connor scared me more -shivers-

Bosses in general tend to creep me out. When I was little, I would try to play Pikmin all the time and some big boss would pop out from the ground or fall from the sky and it would really scare me. Now I know exactly when and where they're gonna show up, so it's not scary...

Hmm... I never make it far enough on video games to actually see anything creepy... All I've ever managed to beat has been Pokemon... and that's never scary, except for Lavender Town...

All the enemies in Zelda Wind Waker, as far as I've gone, really creep me out. The first boss especially... I mean, a fire-centipede-thing with this HUGE eye? Creeepy...

And that jack-in-the-box from Donkey Kong 64... Jack-in-the-boxes scare me in general... I scare easily...

The Descendants in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I mostly play RPGs, so when you come across an enemy it stays put and you take turns hitting each other. So perhaps a monster looks a bit on the iffy side, so what? Set it on fire and hit it with a sword and you're done.

Not these guys. They come leaping out of no where at you, chase you around, can swim and climb walls, attack in groups and are impossibly fast.

That and it takes about 30 shots to kill one. There's a level where you get trapped in a room and about 15 of the buggers attack you. Fun.

Although they were not as bad, the first time I saw a Guardian in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves I was like WTF was that? You only see it for a second as it is crossing the screen and you spend the rest of the level waiting for it to attack you.

When it does it's unexpected and you only have a little handgun to fight it off with. When you finally manage to scare it off it comes back later with a friend.

Several times.

The only other time I hated bumping into a particular monster/boss was Barty in Final Fantasy XIII. Damn you and your constant casting of doom.

Agreed. I ran from Kokiri Forest to Hyrule Town as fast as I could. When i didn''t make it, I screamed and ran in circles so they couldn't hit me.

You mean these?

user posted image

Those aren't Redeads, those are Stalchildren.

user posted image

That's a Redead.

I've thought of another LoZ boss that may freak some people out.

Puppet Zelda!

My reaction was, "GANONDORF YOU PERV!!"

The Descendants in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I mostly play RPGs, so when you come across an enemy it stays put and you take turns hitting each other. So perhaps a monster looks a bit on the iffy side, so what? Set it on fire and hit it with a sword and you're done.

Not these guys. They come leaping out of no where at you, chase you around, can swim and climb walls, attack in groups and are impossibly fast.

That and it takes about 30 shots to kill one. There's a level where you get trapped in a room and about 15 of the buggers attack you. Fun.

Oh yes, the monsters from Drakes Fortune Creeped me out a lot. I remember on the final level making the mistake of jumping into the water. I never did that again.

Oh yes, the monsters from Drakes Fortune Creeped me out a lot.  I remember on the final level making the mistake of jumping into the water.  I never did that again.

I did that.

The level that really got me was the german bunker though. I'd replay the game but memories of that one level keeps putting me off.

Edit: Almost forgot my reason for coming back here. I want to add Melvin Underbelly from Overlord. He's not exactly scary, but he is disturbing.

Edited by Fortune86

Waterwraith from pikmin 2. Scared the crap out of me when I first entered the dungon. Also beware of the Smoky Progg!!!

Spider Queen from Okami. She scared the censorkipz outta me. It's even worse on the Ghost Ship later in the game, when you go through a certain doorway, your screen (and you) gets a facefull of a blood-stained sub-arachnid spirit. Also Blight from Okami:

http://img2.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/0...9c2340_full.jpg

And last but not least . . . Blockhead Grande! (also from Okami) He is absurdly difficult do kill. For those of you who don't know, to defeat a blockhead, tackle it, and small dots will appear in a certain order. Once that little cutscene is over, you bring up your brush an dot the weak spots shown previously. Oh, did I mention it has to be done in order? Yeah. And There are exactly 11 weak points (I counted)

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=okami+block...=1t:429,r:4,s:0

Edit: Oh, yeah. I forgot about the Cutters and their triple exclamation points of doom. An encounter between Orochi and the Cutters would result in some 8-headed snake sushi.

Edited by ForeverFlygon

The little old couple in Okami made me jump when I first met them. I totally expected them to just be regular people...

Edit: Kumbhanda from Digital Devil Saga 2. He chases you throughout the jail and if he catches you you have to start again. I was shaking when I finally out ran him.

Edited by Fortune86

The second to last boss from Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. I don't want to spoil, but it was very disturbing. I let the boss kill me a few times. It's scary and sad- the only boss battle that has made me cry. You have to fight and KILL one of the player character's best friends. D'= The battle music (Vector to the Heavens), a different version of the character's theme, doesn't help. Then there's the creepy, distorted voice warning you about the attacks.

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts II, on the other hand, is epic-creepy. =D Insanely hard to beat, giant sword, creepy wing, and a version of One Winged Angel playing in the background. He killed me about 100 times before I finally defeated him.

Edited by Featherpaw

i think queen ghoma from legend of zelda:ocarina of time, just because of the lighting its almost too dark to see and then a little skullata attacks you soon all of them come and its hard to play, but the rest of the bosses are easy. I'm not a big fan of xbox or playstation games but most of the gears of war stuff was confusing just like the boss i was talking about, i only play puzzle or adventure games though

the redeads freaked me out when i was younger, oh and i saw the dead hand photo at the front page ooooo that's creepy i would've died from heart attack and fright if that ever happened to me

Edited by woodland

Not really bosses, but still enemies you need to fight. These things are from Sacred, one of my all-time favorite RPGs.

These just look so freaky I always cringe when I have to fight them...

Wyvern

Insect Larva

Cave Fish and spiders (especially the cave fish and Tarantula Mortis. This thing was as big as a friggin dragon. ...Shelob, that you?)

Skeleton Mage (This thing has horns growing out of its skull! I'm getting flashes back to the Horned King from The Black Cauldron! DX)

Oh, and the 2nd final boss in the whole game, Shaddar. He's just plain creepy. See here (he's the summoner). Anducar from the expansion is even creepier, though (he's pretty much the boss of all demons).

Edited by Beldarius

They're not bosses but these have creeped me out since I was a little kid, even the Wind Waker version is f**ing creepy.

Also, that water snake from Shadow of the Colossus, I can't remember the name now.

And, damn, Giygas, I'll not be able to sleep now xd.png

I posted here before but Now I change it. Barret from Dues Ex: Human Revolution. not because he's ugly but because he is hard and its easy to over react when he hits you. Stay away, mini gun, get close, shotgun.

The
.... *shivers* Still scared of them today...

Omg, I've never played Minecraft and I had been sitting here wondering what did they do to be so creepy. They are : S

Ok, here's one that is

Explicit, This is a LITTLE GIRL who graphically SNAPS HER OWN NECK to turn into her true form.

Implicit, Her hobby is to hold fully grown men prisoner ((Inverted peadobear!!))

"But this is a Children's game," Did I mention the part where she snaps her own neck? That happen three times!!

and story-wise, You don't want to think too hard about her personality, or the fact that after the game, she is allowed to continue to hold onto her captives!!

"MIMIMMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIMIM!!!"

user posted image

GLaDOS. A homicidal AI which wants to test you to the end of times and/or eventually kill you slowly with neurotoxin, and deleting the own person who she really was, and only test, test, test, and CONTINUE TESTING, eventually disposing you (at the temperature of four thousand degrees Kelvin) when you have no more use, which considers humans no more than test subjects, also being a pathological liar with sinister intentions and questionable sanity. I think this is disturbing enough.

Edited by OrbiterSpore

GLaDOS. A homicidal AI which wants to test you to the end of times and/or eventually kill you slowly with neurotoxin, and deleting the own person who she really was, and only test, test, test, and CONTINUE TESTING, eventually disposing you (at the temperature of four thousand degrees Kelvin) when you have no more use, which considers humans no more than test subjects, also being a pathological liar with sinister intentions and questionable sanity. I think this is disturbing enough.

GLaDOS owes an awful lot to SHODAN.

I think Marx, from Kirby, is quite unnerving, as is Drawcia's Soul.

Marx is a small jester-like character with Flandre Scarlet-like wings and can send you to a dimension of pain itself. Like there's nothing in there except for pain, quite literally. His death as Marx Soul is rather shudder-worthy, too :v

just looks quite creepy to some, but I find her cute. of course, this is just going by looks. She reminds me of Giygas, too. Not very good XD Edited by Sizacu