Mitesla

Most disturbing non-horror boss?

Am I weird that I have clicked on every single boss and looked at them all?

The Enderman in that video scarred me for life.

Edited by oceandragonz

The giant venus flytrap hydra thing from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. That thing is just too dang creepy.

Broodmother from Dragon Age: Origins.

Not only is she creepy looking with her tenticles and variously swollen body parts, they way it's made is creepy, where women are raped and tourtured by Darkspawn. .(Which are very discusting creatures anyway but add rape and it's just worst) It takes days of torture and mutation but eventually a broodmother is made. It makes my skin crawl when I have to battle that abomination. I actually dread that part of the game because it means I have to go near it... Ew. blink.gif

I'll also have to say the Broodmother from Dragon Age: Origins.

Not only is the boss itself creepy, but the entire process of approaching it terrifies me. I have to take my headphones off just because the way they introduce it so disturbing.

If it were just the boss, without the creepy chant I'd be fine, but just imagining a dwarf being taken, fed her kinsman and then taken advantage of by orc-like creatures (in explicitly stated ways)?

Ugh

Omg, I've never played Minecraft and I had been sitting here wondering what did they do to be so creepy. They are : S

They actually aren't that scary. Endermen's powers were pretty nerf'd when they were first released, so a lot of the scare-hype died down. They're more powerful now, but thanks to the initial release, they generally aren't that intimidating. They don't even do what they do in the video, or make those sounds. They just wander until you look at them, and then they chase you. They move when you look at them (and not have the cursor directly on them.) They don't kill you in one hit, either. They also get hurt by water and rain and sunlight.

But to be honest, the first time I saw an Enderman open its mouth at me (which happens when you look at it) it scared me so much. XD That and they freeze in place and start shaking furiously when you look at them. The worst part is that they KEEP shaking even if you pause the game when you're typing in a command. ;3; That scares me quite a bit. Even if you pause the game, they still move. D:

It wants to nom your face.

Combat wise, they aren't that bad. But they can be visually scary in certain regards...

Edited by Switch

this is about bosses, not enemies, if it were about enemies, then I could go into detail about just how terrifying the guardians in Skyward Sword were.

But since this is about bosses, I'll tell you that Ghirahim is freaky!

This is a character without morals. In the first battle, he's TOYING with you!

Also he comes across as gay.

Earthbound was not a horror game. Far from it. It was actually quite cute... most of the time. There were a few spooky parts - the hotel in Threed, the Happy Happy village, and Moonside, to name a few - but all in all, it was just a colorful, happy and fun game.

That is, until you got to the infamous final boss.

I... don't believe I need to elaborate on that. Let me just say that I had nightmares about him. Numerous mightmares.

Uhhh....Andross in Star Fox 64 (3D)

The robot version was bad enough. Then I read that to complete the game and get the real ending, I had to complete the hard path. I strived and strived, did just that, reached Andross, finished round 1... HOLY censorkip.gif! He turned into a - a - a brain... With two floating eyeballs that swing around and try to hit you?! I was lucky first time around. Beat that hideous boss in less than a minute. Second time (with the 3D on) I kept cutting near misses with that awful brain and ploughing right through it or the eyeballs, kept getting caught in that tangle of nerves/strings/fleshy things at the base of the brain... during a u-turn there is a blind spot in front and I would often go either ploughing straight through the brain or the camera swung round suddenly revealing I was face to face with it... All in 3D too...

And it laughs. The brain laughs...

And it took six minutes to beat it...

I don't like completing that game now... I fly the hard path but restart after beating Star Wolf. To be faced with that hideous brain again... Ugh. Easily one of the most disturbing bosses I've seen. And considering I'm not shaken at all by the Shadow Temple enemies in Ocarina of Time 3D, that shows that Andross is one hell of a disturbing boss...

Edited by rampaging wyvern

That dumb computer thing in Kirby. I beat it. ONCE. All the other times it killed me. YOU SO ANNOYING. I'm always In the starship, shooting it. But, it counterattacks and sends out... Wel, I forgot because I haven't played that in a while. But anyway, IT EVEN TALKS! It was all like, " Is that what you got?" like, the third time I died I had to turn it off becaUse it was so annoying. This.... Is disturbing. It's a rainbow star, inside a machine, and IT TAlKS.

Also, King Deedee in Kirby. He never learns ANYTHING. Seriously! So, I'm stone Kirby, and I fly above him and turn into a stone. HE STARTS WHACKING ME AND TRIES TO SUCK ME UP. Really, King DeeDee, could you get any dumber? He's really disturbing. X.x he tries to whack you no matter what. I can beat him with any kind of Kirby. Especially jet :3

OH YES. In Kirby, there's a little purple guy you try to help. After you defeat the thing with the starship, you give it to him, AND HE TURNS INTO AN UGLY MONSTER. I can't find a pic of him, but believe, if you play the game that's just Kirby, at like, the end, THERE IS A MONSTER. HE IS SO DISTURBING. He laughs so much, and his eyes don't go in the same direction. He has a purple head, a joker hat(half yellow half blue) and a suit, same color as his hat. Then, he has big yellow wings. And I had to kill him o.e"

OH YES. In Kirby, there's a little purple guy you try to help. After you defeat the thing with the starship, you give it to him, AND HE TURNS INTO AN UGLY MONSTER. I can't find a pic of him, but believe, if you play the game that's just Kirby, at like, the end, THERE IS A MONSTER. HE IS SO DISTURBING. He laughs so much, and his eyes don't go in the same direction. He has a purple head, a joker hat(half yellow half blue) and a suit, same color as his hat. Then, he has big yellow wings. And I had to kill him o.e"

You mean Marx?

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Marx

Yeah. It's just, I haven't played superstar in a while xd.png but... He's creepy.... Now I remember the whole thing! The nova asked what his wish was.... And I think it was to destroy the moon and the sun? Then Kirby did something and he exploded with Nova. And then, he comes out into a totally new Marx. Darn, I HATE YOU MARX. And I hate that Nova. It took me so long to beat him again!

Edited by girlfairy76

You want disturbing? THIS is disturbing. tongue.gif

But no, seriously, one of the most disturbing was the end bosses in Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, since beating them meant the whole world would disappear and not beating them meant you'd be trapped in a dream forever. Even worse, they knew they were just dreams and were terrified of disappearing.

Another was the end boss of Final Fantasy 6, where a bunch of Espers were merged and bound together, forced to attack you and power the final boss.

Edge's parents in Final Fantasy IV.

They were experimented on and turned into monsters, then forced to attack the party. They still possess some self awareness.

Also, the Cie'th in Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Anyone who has played either game will know why they are all kinds of disturbing.

Don't think I'd given any links in the past.

. Bear in mind that the voice you hear at the beginning is actually on your side. She's creepy and evil when she's helping you. Let alone when she eventually turns against you.

In Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havok, I got to this wierd desert place where you couldn't touch the ground or it burned you and glowbox was floating away because he drank plum juice or something and I got to this little valley thing and I ended up in this room where I had to carry a rock over to a pressure plate and ghosts where attacking me and I kept on dropping the rock and freaking out because the ghosts came every time I picked the rock up. I got past that after a large amount of time, and I think I fell in a hole and got chased by these creepy yeti things and I was having a fit staying away from them and then I got to this big spiral room with an acid pit at the bottom with a platform to stand on. I jumped in and those yeti things where everywhere so I stayed and cried for about a couple of hours and finally launched a rocket to a big gong thing or something to distract the yeti things and booked it to the top of the room, flew across a gap, and thought I was safe. Then another one of those things pop up and nearly made me censorkip.gif my pants and I just freaked and jumped in a hole and made it out. But for some reason when I fought the king yeti thing I wasn't afraid at all, and that boss fight was actually really fun.

Kyruem from PMD Gates to infinity.

Bonus points for being the first villain in a POKEMON game to outright MURDER a Pokémon ON SCREEN

I thought the giant electric jellyfish thing from the Zora's Sapphire quest on Zelda was kinda creepy.

I thought the giant electric jellyfish thing from the Zora's Sapphire quest on Zelda was kinda creepy.

...Really? huh.gif

The most disturbing boss I've fought was the penultimate one in Okamiden, for purely story/sentimental reasons. I can't even tell you its name without revealing MASSIVE spoilers, but here goes: It's KUROW. Kurow, who was your constant companion for literally half the game. Kurow, whose life you have saved so many times, who you have protected against everything from demons to massive ancient robots. Kurow, who I literally fell in love with. AND YOU HAVE TO FIGHT HIM sad.gif Oh gods, and then not long after that he dies... it turns out he only betrayed you because he was scared and couldn't face his destiny... but in the end he saw what he had to do... *sob*

Literally traumatised by that experience. Probably just because I'm a geeky weirdo who falls in love with fictional characters.

Uhhh....Andross in Star Fox 64 (3D)

The robot version was bad enough. Then I read that to complete the game and get the real ending, I had to complete the hard path. I strived and strived, did just that, reached Andross, finished round 1... HOLY censorkip.gif! He turned into a - a - a brain... With two floating eyeballs that swing around and try to hit you?! I was lucky first time around. Beat that hideous boss in less than a minute. Second time (with the 3D on) I kept cutting near misses with that awful brain and ploughing right through it or the eyeballs, kept getting caught in that tangle of nerves/strings/fleshy things at the base of the brain... during a u-turn there is a blind spot in front and I would often go either ploughing straight through the brain or the camera swung round suddenly revealing I was face to face with it... All in 3D too...

And it laughs. The brain laughs...

And it took six minutes to beat it...

I don't like completing that game now... I fly the hard path but restart after beating Star Wolf. To be faced with that hideous brain again... Ugh. Easily one of the most disturbing bosses I've seen. And considering I'm not shaken at all by the Shadow Temple enemies in Ocarina of Time 3D, that shows that Andross is one hell of a disturbing boss...

Thank goodness i'm not the only one who thinks this!

Andross used to creep me out so much. Especially when he hacks into Fox's radio OUT OF NOWHERE and start mocking him. And then you get in there and he's this giant floating head. And you have to blow up his hands and shoot him in his eyes until his face blows up and he's this giant BRAIN with floating electric-shooting eyes. And, if you get to close to him, his brain will CRUSH YOU TO DEATH. It's terrifying and disturbing.

I love the game, though. I've played it probably over 1000 times between the N64, Wii Port and the 3DS version.

...Really? huh.gif

The most disturbing boss I've fought was the penultimate one in Okamiden, for purely story/sentimental reasons. I can't even tell you its name without revealing MASSIVE spoilers, but here goes: It's KUROW. Kurow, who was your constant companion for literally half the game. Kurow, whose life you have saved so many times, who you have protected against everything from demons to massive ancient robots. Kurow, who I literally fell in love with. AND YOU HAVE TO FIGHT HIM sad.gif Oh gods, and then not long after that he dies... it turns out he only betrayed you because he was scared and couldn't face his destiny... but in the end he saw what he had to do... *sob*

Literally traumatised by that experience. Probably just because I'm a geeky weirdo who falls in love with fictional characters.

Don't worry i probably dont have the right consol for it anyways.

I'd talk about Giygas, but, you know, Giygas. 'nuff said.

Mother Brain's final form in Super Metroid was pretty weird. You break the jar and you're like "Yeah! I beat the game!"

NOPE!

It turns into some crazy cyclops t-rex mech!

Also, like dracopenguin, I got traumatized by a tragic game too. However, for me, it was Mother 3. Alright then, here goes- So, early in the game, your mom is killed by your best friends dad (who also happens to be a dragon). Turns out that he was forced to be some unknown evil, but you brother doesn't know that and goes out to avenge his mom. After he is knocked out and disappears, you spend the whole game looking for him, while at the same time racing against a mysterious masked man to save the world. At the end of the game, you're faced with him to determine the worlds fate, but it's revealed that this whole time he was your brother. You can't bring yourself to hurt him, so your moms ghost comes back to show him that he's not some mindless slave. When he realizes what's happening, he uses what little control he has left to apologize, and then kills himself ;_;

0^2, or Zero Two, the final boss in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for the N64. It is a giant white sphere with a halo and angelic wings... If those wings didn't have blood red feather tips. The eye it has is covered in red with a black iris and it shoots blobs of blood at you.

That's pretty disturbing in a game series that's meant to enrapture kids with how cute their pink puffball antagonist is.