sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Changing the subject here for a sec. This may lead onto a new plot.

Ryu.

Didn't Balthas use to like-like Moon?

I remember him giving her an Onyx... then... *shrug*

Looks like what Crusher feared is happening. He won't understand though about being forced into the stuff. After all he had a choice and he did not have to.

As for Stoneza I dunnu what to do with him atm.

I just thought it would be interesting for Balthan to have a crisis of faith. I mean when you think about it Thrymzen has some pretty good points.

lol part of why Crusher does not want to give him the chance to say his points. After all he dealt with that to..... it more or less what was the final tick for the start of his change. He sees Scuta as already lost. And right now he sees his own mentor as falling away right now.

Username: seacatsmew

Name: Jasmine

Type/Breed: Alt. Black

Power: Water; can freeze things, hit people and things with water, and pull water out of the air. Air; can hit people and things with air blasts, warm the air and freeze the air.

Healing;can heal people, dragons and animals. Glows when healing people.

Hidden power; doesnt know abot it yet, more on that when older.

Personality: kind,shy,smart,strong,likes playing tricks on people and likes joking around.

Appearance: Jet black, left eye green right eye blue, Red heart scar on left side of chest.

Age/Stage: winged hatchling

History: Jasmine was raised by herself. Her mother abandoned her when Jasmine was an egg.A human touched the egg,but the egg survived. Hatched in a forest, lived off of deer, birds, insects and other animals.Jasmine found her way 2 u guys when she just became a winged hatchling.

Extra: Jasmine will never give up or bite unless she has to. She cant breathe fire, besides fire that freezes things.

Fixed it for you. BTW, im also new.

Edited by seacatsmew

Username: Sweet_Wyvern

Name: Rayle

Type or breed: Canopy dragon

Power:Traditional fire, earth powers such as earthquakes, shaping and moving earth, controlling it etc.

Personality: Rayle is generally restless and easily angered she has zero tolerance or patience for slow and incompetent dragons.

Appearance: She has bright green scales, streaks of yellow and orange across the wings, longer horns on the head than usual. Her scales are a bright shade of green and tend to reflect light.

Age/Stage: Winged hatchling

History: Rayle's egg was smuggled out of her mothers nest late into incubation and nearly stolen, but her mother chased the smuggler and massacred him in a fit of rage. However, the egg was dropped in the struggle and lost. When she hatched, the youngling wandered for a little while surviving somehow off of bugs and sticking to the shadows. Eventually she stumbled upon your camp.

Extra: I realize I'm a bit of a n00b, I just got an account. I'll try and catch on quickly and I usually do, just tell menif I'm doing something wrong.

I fixed what you pointed out. I apologize for the first POV rping, some forums do that and I wasn't sure. (I like this way beter)

Edited by Sweet_Wyvern

@Seacat, this sin't pokemon, dragons aren't separated by elements.

Define the water and air.

Every dragon would be weakened by a wing clip.

Need more personality.

Better written history please. Not one long sentence.

@Sweet

Why are there descriptions (i.e <...>) of each category? Remove them please.

All dragons breathe fire unless previously said that they can't or by species specification.

It needs to be a DC dragon, now I haven't been on the main site much but i'm sure that's not one.

It doesn't matter if your drag is an adult or not, just make sure they don't act like a hatchling if they are an adult.

With your history. Your not playing from a first person POV.

You have:

'I ran, spread my wings and flew.'

You need:

Rayle ran, spread his wings and flew.

It's a 3rd person POV, past tense.

All right you two, fix these and I'll review it again. smile.gif

here is character number two then smile.gif

Name:Siegrain <pronounced see-grain>(Sieg for short)

Type: Sunsong Amphithere

Power: Poison. He is immune to all types of poison and can transmit it through his touch. Though the poison is deadly to plants and most animals, but seems to be harmless to dragons. He also has a venomous bite and breathes a cloud of purple colored poison instead of fire. The poison breath, like his touch is transmitted physically and does not need to be inhaled but can actually do harm to dragons. He can also use a couple poison based spells. He despises this power that ruins whatever he touches.

History: Never knew his biological parents and was raised by an evil wizared who wanted to use him as a tool of destruction so that he could further himself in the world. The mage experimented on him endlessly, causing the color change of his scales and his affinity with poison. This also resulted in his breath becoming a cloud of poison gas. But Sieg learned of the mages plan for him one night after one of the mages experiments on him and killed the mage in his sleep. He now seeks his own path in life but he is unsure of what to do with himself and now feels lost and without a purpose.

Personality: He has a rather calm attitude but can be blunt and indifferent about things. Is often at odds with his own emotions and can act kind of bipolar at times but his mind is always working and trying to figure things out. He often feels lost and alone but does not seek comfort from others and is quite stubborn when confronted by other dragons. He enjoys singing to himself, often humming tunes and dancing about while alone but gets really embarassed if caught which often makes him angrey at whoever caught him. Despite all this he does not like to fight unless he feels like he has no other choice.

Appearance: Unlike most Sunsongs he is a dark purple color and shines in the moonlight rather than sunlight. Other than that he looks like a perfectly normal Amphithere.

Edited by Drakossozh

Please explain to me how your going to know what our chars are going to do if they don't think before each attack? Cause I'm pretty sure your not going to be thinking your going to punch so and so in the heat of battle. You'll just do it with out thought.

Alright, Sweet, tone down the power a notch and you approved.

that is true. Im gonna edit his power cause that is kind of impractical. sorry about that. (it has been edited)

Edited by Drakossozh

Well, I didn't mean for it to come on as imposing. Besides, as my character is a hatchling she can do next to none of that. I'll be sure not to overabuse it either, I was just trying to name a few things.

I think the issue is scale. For example, can Rayle:

-Knock down a shed?

-Trip a group of earthbound dragons during a battle?

-Quickly carve our a river channel by shaping the earth with magic?

-Demolish an entire city block?

-Build a precise earthen structure with her powers? If so, how quickly?

-Collapse the moat and catacombs of Thrymzen's doom fortress?

-Slow down the Citadel's construction by generating shockwaves powerful enough to damage/knock down incomplete structures?

-Obliterate entire cities/create small volcanoes/crush or bog down large armies?

Most issues with overpowered characters are highly situational. For example, my character, Thrymzen, is building an enormous fortress from which he plans to take over the world. Carving out a moat, redirecting a river and laying the foundations might be much more difficult if someone's constantly sending minor shockwaves his way. Under other circumstances (flat, natural terrain without any delicate construction or easily-shifted rockslides) you could use far more powerful earthquakes to achieve far less damaging effects.

Also, regarding my last post: since the fancy prose prevented me from saying it directly in the post, Thrymzen is basically just checking for strong, active magic (which, being a skilled sorcerer, he has some capacity to detect) and anything related to his more unique powers (direct divine influence, other entities on whom Fate exerts a seriously abnormal influence, and soul-based powers.) As it happens, he noticed both, but Cyrna broke his concentration before he could figure out what he was seeing. I didn't just give him a hypnotism/mind-reading power without telling anyone. laugh.gif

*The only real difference between Thrymzen's senses and a normal dragon's are the ability to perceive these, since he's directly impacted by every category. Also, they're all plot points, so they don't matter most of the time, even if I tend to overplay them a little.

Edited by Chess Tyrant

Sweet, you were never accepted, unless LLD did something I'm not aware of. You need to take down your post.

@Chess, you know the part of stories when the good guys turn evil and only and select few of good guys are left? It's all dramatic and relationships are strained and everything? I believe you've started that chain reaction.

Ya know Crusher would be concidering him self nutrel in the sides if he was seeing this. Seeing his mentor doing that. Also would be thinking Scuta was now playing 2 face.

Thing is what he wanted to avoid is happening. He knew letting the white into the cave would raise trouble and now his own mentor is attacking Scuta.

Alright, Sweet, tone down the power a notch and you approved.

You did accept me, right here. Unless approved doesn't mean accepted, I have no idea what you're talking about.

every time i look at this i notice is shoots forward 50+ pages ._. i really need to try and keep up with this a bit more...

Also sweet, you need to change it then your approved... almost there

Edited by Fenix3533

Username: Sweet_Wyvern

Name: Rayle

Type or breed: Canopy dragon

Power:Traditional fire, shifting small and medium bits of earth mentally (i.e. Throwing a boulder, lifting small piles of rocks, shifting loose rock debris) mentally moving sand (i.e. Sandstorms)

Personality: Rayle is generally restless and easily angered she has zero tolerance or patience for slow and incompetent dragons.

Appearance: She has bright green scales, streaks of yellow and orange across the wings, longer horns on the head than usual. Her scales are a bright shade of green and tend to reflect light.

Age/Stage: Winged hatchling

History: Rayle's egg was smuggled out of her mothers nest late into incubation and nearly stolen, but her mother chased the smuggler and massacred him in a fit of rage. However, the egg was dropped in the struggle and lost. When she hatched, the youngling wandered for a little while surviving somehow off of bugs and sticking to the shadows. Eventually she stumbled upon your camp.

Extra: I realize I'm a bit of a n00b, I just got an account. I'll try and catch on quickly and I usually do, just tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

I fixed what you pointed out. I apologize for the first POV rping, some forums do that and I wasn't sure. (I like this way beter)

First, I edited my power. Second, really, does approved mean something other than accepted. This makes me sound like a dolt but to my knowledge approve and accept are almost the same thing.

Probably needs a bit of clarifying, but im pretty sure that he meant to say that if you tone your power down a notch THEN you are approved. but he may need to clarify.

@Sweet Approve and accept are synonyms. You were neither. I meant if you edited your form, I'd look at it again and tell you you were approved.

However, you are[/i] approved, you may post, for future reference I'll be more clear, and you need to wait until the approver of what ever RP makes it clear that you are in.

Sorry for confusion.