sharlykng

Hatchlings OoC Thread

Star = nebula? If so, his appearance could be described in a little more detail.

Regarding his power, it sounds like it could take out pretty much everyone nearby (every living dragon in the RP) in a single shot, so the full effect shouldn't last more than a few seconds. It can still impair vision for a few minutes, or even hours.

Yeah five minutes is a bit long. If you want light control, how about along the lines of a flashbang? It stuns them for say five seconds, and makes em see spots for up to an hour afterwards, but it doesn't blind them.

Someone told me to post my character sheet here...

Joining!

Name: Star

Type: Star Dragon

Power: Create a flash of light that will temporarily (about 5 minutes) blind the targets.

Job: Warrior

Personality: Friendly, willing to injure himself to save another hatchling.

Appearance: Uh, male dragon I guess?

If I am approved, I'll think of the way I appear.

I thought DC RPs require you to use DC dragons...?

As for age, just put in 'newly matured hatchling'.

And do what Chess said and we'll look it over again. biggrin.gif

I thought DC RPs require you to use DC dragons...?

As for age, just put in 'newly matured hatchling'.

And do what Chess said and we'll look it over again. biggrin.gif

Not really. If you want to mix and match DC dragons with non, that's fine. DC RP usually just involves DC dragons. It doesn't have to be the only sort.

They probably mean the nebula though smile.gif

Not really. If you want to mix and match DC dragons with non, that's fine. DC RP usually just involves DC dragons. It doesn't have to be the only sort.

They probably mean the nebula though smile.gif

Most of the time, new character sheets post their own breed, and then expects us to know how it looks like already >~<" It's kinda frustrating.

Unless something was released this morning, there are so far 103 types, including alternates and the two discontinueds (yes I did count), there should be enough there to find something likable

Going to see if I can RP two characters here.

Username: Durppie

Name: Ulixes

Type/Breed: Electric Dragon

Power: Can pack electric power in an orb. The more orbs she makes at a time, the less power each individual orb has (If she makes one, it can knock out a human with a direct hit, if 10 are made, on contact they just make you feel a bit numb). They will detonate on her command (or if smashed, punctured,destroyed) and create small explosions of electricity. She draws on her own strength to make the grenades. 10 at most can be made at a time, and Ulixes must wait for an hour to use them again.

Personality: Elusive, and prefers approaching other dragons at a distance or stayig hidden, heckling and zapping them just for the fun of it. Enjoys watching and causing fights/general chaos among other dragons, again, just for entertainment. Often flees the scene if discovered or if she's about to lose a fight. Seeks to hurt or scare, but not kill victims of her 'pranks'.

Appearance: Her left horn is broken and she has a scar on her torso from a fight.

Age/Stage: Adult

History: Ulixes was born in a mountainous area. When she grew up into an adult, she was banished because one of her pranks involving her orb grenades and water accidentally killed a pygmy hatchling and injured a rival dragon. She found a forest and lives there, continuing her hijinks.

Extra: Claims her mother was a thunder dragon. She does have thunder dragon blood in her, but she's lying.

Edited by Durppie

Alright, I looked over but not in detail. I think it looks good but I gotta run, see what LLD thinks.

P.S. We don't have any healers anymore do we?

Going to see if I can RP two characters here.

Username: Durppie

Name: Ulixes

Type/Breed: Electric Dragon

Power: Can pack electric power in an orb. The more orbs she makes at a time, the less power each individual orb has (If she makes one, it can knock out a human with a direct hit, if 10 are made, on contact they just make you feel a bit numb). They will detonate on her command (or if smashed, punctured,destroyed) and create small explosions of electricity. She draws on her own strength to make the grenades. 10 at most can be made at a time, and Ulixes must wait for an hour to use them again.

Personality: Elusive, and prefers approaching other dragons at a distance or stayig hidden, heckling and zapping them just for the fun of it. Enjoys watching and causing fights/general chaos among other dragons, again, just for entertainment. Often flees the scene if discovered or if she's about to lose a fight. Seeks to hurt or scare, but not kill victims of her 'pranks'.

Appearance: Her left horn is broken and she has a scar on her torso from a fight.

Age/Stage: Adult

History: Ulixes was born in a mountainous area. When she grew up into an adult, she was banished because one of her pranks involving her orb grenades and water accidentally killed a pygmy hatchling and injured a rival dragon. She found a forest and lives there, continuing her hijinks.

Extra: Claims her mother was a thunder dragon. She does have thunder dragon blood in her, but she's lying.

Looks ok to me. Just how fast do these "grenades" travel. Or does that depend on her energy level?

Other then that Looks fine to me.

Looks ok to me. Just how fast do these "grenades" travel. Or does that depend on her energy level?

Other then that Looks fine to me.

Yes. It would depend on her energy level and the distance between herself and her target, assuming you're talking about if she shoots them like a projectile.

I'm a little worried about having an adult dragon who really enjoys making trouble for others; if she's willing to join one group or the other, it'll be ok, but if she isn't she'll either have to make peace with both (and have some trouble involving herself in the plot) or we'll end up in a powerplay war, trying to handle her pranks without serious consequences to either side.

Of course, this can be averted with some well-written character development. smile.gif

I'm a little worried about having an adult dragon who really enjoys making trouble for others; if she's willing to join one group or the other, it'll be ok, but if she isn't she'll either have to make peace with both (and have some trouble involving herself in the plot) or we'll end up in a powerplay war, trying to handle her pranks without serious consequences to either side.

Of course, this can be averted with some well-written character development. smile.gif

I'll try not to create a powerplay war, Chess. smile.gif

She could join the good side and be the balance for Jink. As Scuta will be neutral for awhile. Kind of.

@Chess, I believe your future fifth master of the citadel is having a revelation, in your favor. He already had it, but now it's been reinforced.

What was happening right before you left? In the past couple weeks, Scuta's made a deal with Thrymzen, who is planning his invasion of a human kingdom north of the Citadel. Balthan's ancestors have given him a suit of magic armor to help him defeat the dracolich, but it's a Clingy MacGuffin - he can't get rid of it, and it'll 'inevitably' kill him over the course of a few months.

Also, Crisie's vanished again.

Actually I might have the suit kill him, i'm not sure. Theres a reason it was in the vault.

Also, does Thrymzen need any more minions? I am thinking about making a 'bad guy' dragon.

Thrymzen has plenty of power at his command - the real question is whether we can find a place to roleplay another solid bad guy. Up until now, Thrymzen's been the only evil dragon you've had contact with, and he knows all the characters by names. Adding Scuta, there's still not many real faces on Team Evil right now. If Kelarimaus, Fury and Zegonor come back into the picture, you add one more guy, and I characterize some of the Masters a bit better/have them meet the good guys, Team Evil effectively becomes a far larger organization. The number of Good vs Evil encounters would skyrocket, or a lot of the evil dragons would just sit around the Citadel twiddling their thumbs or burning NPCs.

The net result will be either increased boredom on one side, or a much more active RP, as multiple evil characters advance their own plots. Or possibly a powerplay war, depending on the jobs they take.

Oh, and, Thrymzen still hopes to recruit Balthan to his side, so don't plan on him getting killed. wink.gif