Rebsingh

Project Nyoka

I understand... I lost about 500 creatures...

But I'm really happy Nyoka'll be back

Al

Edited by Nalfeinfantasy

The site is back but the forums are still down. Bear with us while things are worked through.

Images also do not appear to be working.

Edited by Sextonator

Not sure where to ask this question, since the forums are down, but: Any word on what happens to people who haven't been on the site very long? I just joined Nyoka less than a week ago, and when I try to log in it says "this user doesn't exist."

Not sure where to ask this question, since the forums are down, but: Any word on what happens to people who haven't been on the site very long? I just joined Nyoka less than a week ago, and when I try to log in it says "this user doesn't exist."

We restored from a backup that was made on March 5th, so you need to sign up again. smile.gif Sorry for the inconvenience!

Folks it seems like we're up again. I'll get the forums up tomorrow and I'll add the creature generator in on the weekend.

We restored from a backup that was made on March 5th, so you need to sign up again. smile.gif Sorry for the inconvenience!

Folks it seems like we're up again. I'll get the forums up tomorrow and I'll add the creature generator in on the weekend.

Thank you for all the effort you put into restoring. I will wait a bit to see what happens - and if anything finds its way back to my menagerie biggrin.gif - and then get back to (re-)exploring rolleyes.gif

Out of curiosity, the newer features and creatures -- Whalithans, poly Mantis and Dashers -- will be readded to the site, correct? unsure.gif This may be a rather inane question, but I just wanted to make sure.

Out of curiosity, the newer features and creatures -- Whalithans, poly Mantis and Dashers -- will be readded to the site, correct? unsure.gif This may be a rather inane question, but I just wanted to make sure.

Yes and I will do my best to get everything running how it was before.

I've removed the points/ranks because I think they're stupid.

Yes and I will do my best to get everything running how it was before.

I've removed the points/ranks because I think they're stupid.

That last bit made me giggle. No offense, but I kind of agree, even though it gave me a chance to feel special. xd.png

One thing I did like about it, however, is that it allowed players to see how many other players there are. That was nice.

Perhaps keep that list of players and rid of the points system altogether? I liked seeing our huge amount of members.

is that it allowed players to see how many other players there are. That was nice.

ya i liked that maybe there could be a thing where it shows all the players and the mer., newest to oldest or something like that.

i kinda did not like the ranking to much and rather not have it even though is was the 8 or so. though that is a relief because when the forum comes back up i'm going to gift off a lot of my unnamed critters. but nyoka is new and plenty of time to get things working good. cool.gif

EDIT: Ignite, your fast i said the same thing about the list. xd.png

Edited by xhunter

Oh wow, that came as a huge shock. But what can you do-- stuff happens =P

I'm hopeful that the creature replacement thingy will let me recover some of my lost favorites, like my Sauguros, poly Icewolves, tiny Sand Dasher army, and my theme-named Veagencabras. So no biggy =)

Only problem is having to recount all my creatures-- again-- since my forum sig will be inaccurate... lolol.

Edit: Might as well.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Nine

The only thing I'll really miss, I think, is my Sand Dasher hoard. But that can be recovered relatively easily, I suppose.

In another news, things which are normal in this thread!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

oooohuuuu I lost my Vengacabra ç_____________ç

and Saguaro.... ç____________ç

sigh, I must begin again the search ninja.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Edelweiss©

My swans reverted back to being eggs...sorry Whitefire...if I get no females again I'd be happy to trade again ._.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

EDIT: Okay is it just me or is anyone else not seeing any mice or owls on the main planet? I did find a mouse in the abandoned area, but I'm not finding any anywhere else.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

I lost 840 creaturs >.< I had 4240 , now I have 3406 ...

Now I think we don't need ranking... It's stupid and I was obsessed hatching eggs for points. I just want have fun ;3

I'm hapy site is back

Everyone! It is extremely important that your passwords are changed immediately to prevent any hacking. While it is still unclear what exactly happened, signs point to this being a hacking. Please be wary and use as many passwords as possible and change them often.

While alternating passwords is always a good thing to do, I'm wondering about the fact that password changing takes place on site with no required verification through email. I don't know how/where personal info is stored for Nyoka, but any measure to prevent complete account takeover is good imo. Unless it's already doing that through ip tracking/cookies or something =o

I don't know, the idea of a hacking is worrisome.

Edited by Nine